• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's like Christmas morning and Santa came!
And hey, he's hosting a Brawl tournament!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey Chris, is there any way we could do something tomorrow too?
I'm afraid not. I've got a good bit of animating to catch up on--I've gotten completely stuck on my assignment--and I need to write some tomorrow.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He said ****ing ****** on national tv. He's lucky he only got that. Anyone but Kobe would have gotten twice that.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSwqsnsF8g for some Thursday hilarity.

Joel, do you wanna play Dota?
No, it's one thing to fine him for insulting a ref, but it's ******** how he gets fined when everyone else in the sports world does the same thing or worse. If you're gonna fine Kobe, you might as well fine everyone else, cause I'm sure the refs take more than that on a daily basis.

And honestly, why the hell would you point the camera on a guy who's pissed off?

And if LeBron did that, Stern would rename April 11th as "Call a ref a ****ing ****** day".

And it's ******** how so much backlash Kobe got from this. Especially the lesbian and gay community. People use these slurs among other types of slurs all the time. Deal with it.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
I'm sure worse things get said, and I know he didn't mean it in that way, but I think it was an appropriate punishment.

The fact is he was caught yelling it out loud on a publicly, nationally televised game. Howard Stern isn't going to just let him get away with it, especially since the media latched onto it so much.

And I bet LeBron would have received the same thing. Honestly, this isn't as bad as KG calling someone a cancer patient, but it's still inappropriate.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol @ Howard Stern.

KG didn't receive a fine for his insult. And you hear cussing and swearing on national TV ALL THE TIME. I can give you a series of examples that have been recorded and put on youtube. 100,000 is stupid, given how NFL players can potentially end a person's career and only get fined 50,000. An NBA player can give a hard foul and potentially harm someone and only get fined 50,000 as well. Since when did potentially harming someone become a lesser infraction than throwing words? I do agree Kobe should have been fined, because he was "caught" on National TV yelling at a ref, but this stuff happens all the time. It's called inconsistency, and if you're going to fine Kobe for swearing or slurring on national TV, then you have to fine everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahAQWUv5I7w

No fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggectpnGhxk

Only two of those events resulted in fines. Shaq's interview, and Steve Francis.

The only reason Stern fined Kobe was because the Lesbian and Gay community were stupidly butt hurt about it. Suck it up.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That's what happens when you reside in the land of the hippies.

If it was a Texas team or something, they'd have probably paid him to say it again :awesome:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Chris, what time can we start coming over tomorrow?
I'm going to wait until the last possible second to pack up.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, I just realized something.
I can provide an N64, one controller, and a bunch of games, BUT 2/3 of my controllers are broken.

Does anyone else have N64 controllers? We just need three.

EDIT: Actually, I can Frankenstein these two broken ones together to make one that works. We just need two.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Was I just referred to as "dawg" by Nike? x)

I'll avi them in finals when the haters are out in full force.

Top Bottom