• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Congrats, Lucario mains! My only hope is that his aura mechanic is made a bit less extreme, because its frustrating to fight against when you're winning, and he's frustrating to fight WITH when you're winning, making me not usually play as him. If he's made a bit stronger at 0% and a bit weaker at 200%, I'll definitely use him.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
First time I've cheered for a veteran in smash 4. My favorite Pokemon is coming back!!!

C3CC

Smash Lord
I have to say I am very angry with his return. I totally wanted him to be cut, as I think he has no charisma at all and was only a one-time character used to promote his movie.

I, however, won't mind if they confirm Mewtwo's return. If Mewtwo doesn't return, I'll be even angrier.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I have to say I am very angry with his return. I totally wanted him to be cut, as I think he has no charisma at all and was only a one-time character used to promote his movie.

I, however, won't mind if they confirm Mewtwo's return. If Mewtwo doesn't return, I'll be even angrier.
Why do you exist?

Gune

Smash Lord
All over tumblr and Gamefaqs ounce again Lucario is the scapegoat for the Mewtwo fans... the saltiness is unpresidented but highly amusing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I shouldn't be surprised, but of course people still hold steadfast to that logic despite everything said to the contrary.

At this point though, if they're going to stick to it now they aren't going to change it so lets just sit back, enjoy Lucario's return and hope for the best for the rest of the Pokemon roster.

Last edited:

Mewtario

Smash Ace
My apologies for being "that guy," but I honestly didn't feel any excitement at all, and it seems like a sizable part of NeoGAF is in the same boat of simply not being excited, even so far as actively being disappointed in some cases, by Lucario's return....

bobadz

Smash Ace
Some of GAF's reasons were stupid,.

"he's only popular to furries"

"He replaced mewtwo"

And my favorite "he's like modern Sonic too edgy."

Gune

Smash Lord
My apologies for being "that guy," but I honestly didn't feel any excitement at all, and it seems like a sizable part of NeoGAF is in the same boat of simply not being excited, even so far as actively being disappointed in some cases, by Lucario's return....
That's fine different people have different favorites I can't really be mad at you if didn't care if he came back or not, honestly I could care less if people are dissapointed he didn't get cut for some gen 6 or 5 pokemon or they didn't show Mewtwo, Lucario fans are really ecstatic right that's all that matters to me.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Not sure why people are praising his SSB4 model.
It looks like they just ported the Brawl model, and edited it to fit the SSB4 style.

It looks cool, but it's not that different from the old model.

----

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Not sure why people are praising his SSB4 model.
It looks like they just ported the Brawl model, and edited it to fit the SSB4 style.

It looks cool, but it's not that different from the old model.

----
that's why. the texture looks a lot different and there's more emotion, which makes it 100x better than the brawl version. even if it might be the same model.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
WOOOOOO

So glad Lucario's back in. I was getting tired of people saying he'd be cut. Really excited to see the more powerful Aura mechanic.

(Now gimme dat Genesect!)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wow I was just in this forum a few days ago reading about topics on whether he was back or not and now he is confirmed. Interesting. I still think we are getting Mewtwo as well, Sakurai would be dumb to not give into the popular demand and so far he seems to be making major decisions based on popular demands (no tripping, Sonic being back, etc.).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really happy that Lucario's back. It really put his detractors in their place, haha. Honestly, I'm not surprised as much as relieved. He had every reason to come back. Ever since he had a resurgence in popularity after Black 2 and White 2, and especially his enormous role in X and Y, he honestly always seemed like the go-to second Pokemon character this time around.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm really happy that Lucario's back. It really put his detractors in their place, haha. Honestly, I'm not surprised as much as relieved. He had every reason to come back. Ever since he had a resurgence in popularity after Black 2 and White 2, and especially his enormous role in X and Y, he honestly always seemed like the go-to second Pokemon character this time around.
I mained Lucario in all those games. By far my favorite Pokemon, probably one of my favorite Nintendo characters period.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Lucario was one of the characters I hadn't heard before Smash; Now he is one of my favorite Nintendo characters and Smash main.

Staarih

Smash Master
Lucario seems to really be stepping up and stabilizing its position not only in Pokémon but in Smash Bros. as well. As of now it's the only Pokémon character aside from Pikachu and Jigglypuff to appear in more than one of the games haha. Though Mewtwo is probably going to be another one if (or when) he gets revealed, Pokémon Trainer maybe too (though I think he might be changed around a bit if he returns).

Funny really, as I always pictured Lucario as a one-time character which would be replaced with a newer Pokémon in the long run.

Gune

Smash Lord
Lucario seems to really be stepping up and stabilizing its position not only in Pokémon but in Smash Bros. as well. As of now it's the only Pokémon character aside from Pikachu and Jigglypuff to appear in more than one of the games haha. Though Mewtwo is probably going to be another one if (or when) he gets revealed, Pokémon Trainer maybe too (though I think he might be changed around a bit if he returns).

Funny really, as I always pictured Lucario as a one-time character which would be replaced with a newer Pokémon in the long run.
Thats actually why people are so butthurt by his reveal, I love it...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's highly probable we will get both. They do have similar playstyles, but Double Team is what really makes Lucario distinct from Mewtwo.
I mean I dunno man, even factoring Melee Mewtwo into Brawl, their playstyles are totally distinct. Force Palm and Lucario's up-B are totaally different, not to mention pretty much every standard move. Lucario's about being in your face breakin' out those combos, or dealing heavy hits at high damage.

Mewtwo's got alot more range in pretty much all of his attacks.

All that said, people need to stop doomsaying. (Not directed at this post) Lucario doesn't disconfirm Mewtwo in any way, jeez. The internet man. Drives me mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom