• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arrow Archive. [100% Complete!]

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
And that's good enough for us. It'll make the game one where neither side will apporach. :laugh:
Too true. wonder though, what would you do if we Layed a bomb then missile cancelled. then once we got to the ground fired off another smash missile? that's three projectiles taht cna cancel out things. the bomb woudl cancel the arrow
1 missile would cancel the rang, and one would most likely be shielded. But still, i like the sounds of that lol

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Actually, I tested the bomb. It has no effect whatsoever on the arrow. Same with Falco's lasers, which is a major letdown.

Haha, Link always has his bombs.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Actually, I tested the bomb. It has no effect whatsoever on the arrow. Same with Falco's lasers, which is a major letdown.

Haha, Link always has his bombs.
We shoudl re-test taht out tomorrow. I swear to you it cancels the arrow. :) I knwo falco's lasers do nil to any other projectile, including themselves. The lasers will never cancel out :(

Haha link couldn't pull bombs fast enough :)
anywho! off to bed. You seem a bit more chipped than you should be. I'ma PM you tomorrow to see if things are alright. G'night buddy :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Problem I see is, if a projectile an induce hitstun, it needs to be solid. Some way of stopping it short of a shield or reflector. :(

I know for a fact bombs don't help at all, arrows pass right through them. :bee:
You'd be surprised at how fast Link can pull bombs. I'm actually tired, that might be why I'm CHIPPED.

Catch you later, thanks for the input.

Kief

Smash Ace
straked, you hate link. ive heard you say it numerous times. its stupid that you're here. you dont care about link's meta game, you're just power hungry and want people to like you. any good link main that wants to get better will eventually move to aib anyway. its already been happening. that's why im the only person who's posted in this thread that actuallly mains link. main as in, main, Havokk.

and no, im not lurking around these boards at all. i was linked to this through a chat.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate fighting against Links. Do you realize you put me against Shin and Ritch in your tournament? Haha, I didn't stand a chance. Ness vs. Link is one of my hardest matchups, I had zero experience. I appreciate those kind words, and I'm glad you appreciate the effort.

I can fluently use about 22 characters and I'm trying to improve on my Link. So what better place to go than here? Not AiB.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I actually did a thread exactly like this for uncharged arrows, charged arrows, rangs and bombs against every projectile back in November/September. You should go search for it.

Tektite

Smash Apprentice
straked, you hate link. ive heard you say it numerous times. its stupid that you're here. you dont care about link's meta game, you're just power hungry and want people to like you. any good link main that wants to get better will eventually move to aib anyway. its already been happening. that's why im the only person who's posted in this thread that actuallly mains link. main as in, main, Havokk.

and no, im not lurking around these boards at all. i was linked to this through a chat.
No u. Just thank him for researching this, not like anyone else is going to do it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I just actually looked at the results, and my favorite is that Arrows win against Blizzard. That's good. Say, if you had more time to test all this, would you consider doing Arrows vs. Every Other Move In The Game? It would probably take forever and be somewhat use less, but I have a fetish for long accurate lists on random stuff.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ehh... I'd only be willing to do that on 3 characters. Hmm. Maybe I should test this against MK, Snake, and Dedede.

Incurable_Necrophile

Smash Apprentice

:chuckle: The man makes a strong case... Haha, the metagame for Link here on SWF is.. well.. Months behind... Because there are no Links here, just people who second him? Kids..

Edit: Nothin' personal against Straked here, either, but this stands for everyone in here. {Including teh Sheik main}. Link's metagame is powered by Link MAINS.

ndayday

BRoomer
Thanks for pointing out something obvious, that really helps. :)

And I just realized how unneccesary that would be Straked. Unless it's a move that Link has a lot of trouble with, then I don't think it'd be worth testing. For example, just imagine if his arrows beat Tornado or something. (Of course, completely made up...) I'm going to go test his arrows on a few moves, not expecting anything...but I'll try.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We're already aware of that. ^^ But it really couldn't hurt to go ahead and progress the SWF metagame, since nobody else will.

I'll still be here. I like posting on both sites, All is Brawl and SWF.

Lol, yeah. It's pretty useless, but I still think it's worth looking into.
We thrive on useless information.

And after testing against Yoshi's eggroll (lol), we did discover even an uncharged Arrow will stop it. So that's one positive thing that came out of this, even if it was common knowledge.

ndayday

BRoomer
The only interesting thing I found was that his arrow stops Ness' PKT2 for a second. It's not long enough to get away from him though...it was a fully charged arrow I think, not completely sure though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It doesn't completely negate it?
Hmm, I wonder why.

Incurable_Necrophile

Smash Apprentice
...I'm ashamed of this thread, right now.. an arrow doesn't do anythign to PKT2 because 1, the priority on arrows is ****. 2. PKT2 has a huge disjoint.

Bombs break PKT2 everytime, but this is an arrow thread, rather than a projectile thread, [how innefficient..] So I suppose I'll get another infraction for being helpful. Go to AiB where people know this better than me, I only even secondary Link, wtf. This board might as well be dead, you're all clueless.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Straked or someone else is going to make a bomb thread.

The PKT2 thing, was merely an observation I made while messing around. It DOES do something to PKT2, it freezes it much like it were in hitlag. Also, I'm just curious, but can you show me the thread/post you're getting the information about PKT2' disjointed hitbox? Right now it seems like you're just pulling that stuff out of a magic hat. We know that his arrows have horrible priority. We know that the rest of the Links are at AiB. We know this board is nearly dead. Please stop pointing out obvious things, they really aren't helping at all. You only wish ill things for this board, I think I speak for all the people attempting to revive this place when I say that if you don't want this place to be 'revived', don't bother posting here. Mocking us doesn't help, believe it or not.

Anyway, are you planning on doing the bomb thread Straked? This thread is pretty much done, the only thing I can think to add is possibly knockback of arrows, which wouldn't help much...or if arrows somehow clash/win against an opponets moves that happens to be quite good against Link.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Why not just edit some things, and change the title to "The Tools of Link"? It would def. help.

It inlcudes his arrows, bombs, boomerang, and Zair.

I will gladly help if you want.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
...I'm ashamed of this thread, right now.. an arrow doesn't do anythign to PKT2 because 1, the priority on arrows is ****. 2. PKT2 has a huge disjoint.

Bombs break PKT2 everytime, but this is an arrow thread, rather than a projectile thread, [how innefficient..] So I suppose I'll get another infraction for being helpful. Go to AiB where people know this better than me, I only even secondary Link, wtf. This board might as well be dead, you're all clueless.
You're fairly pleasant, we're glad to have you here.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
lol it's funny because i just made a pretty much pointless thread discussing peach's final smash and link's arrows

This may be a tad irrelevant but idc, If you charge your bow while peach is dancing during her final smash, you stay awake and can immediately pick up those fruits! just fyi

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hmm, I didn't exactly know that. Most of us play on a competitive level and don't use items. :p

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I can't believe I hadn't checked in on this thread! Oh my god! This is so extensive, so accurate, this is just awesome! Thanks a lot, just awesome.

Top Bottom