• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The argument to end all arguments.. Biggest Noob character?

eski

Smash Rookie
I think it depends on how the person uses the character. Marth can be the most noob character if all the opponent does is fmash. Same with Roy. Certain attacks with certain characters are all what make a noob player.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Another newb character is Donkey Kong... grab, carry to ledge, toss.

Wait wait, let me get a little more in-depth here: pick Onett every time, camp on either side of screen, wait for opponent, grab, carry, toss.

Proceed to brag about being better than anyone you beat after only one match.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Shiek is by far the biggest noob character. While there are plenty of talented shiek players out there the way she works is just so freakin easy!!
I mean, ftilt to fair, dtilt to fair, utilt to fair, grab to fair, taunt to fair.
Easiest combos ever!!!!

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
sheik's only a noob character for players trying to get out of noobiness. My definition of a noob is someone that only uses B attacks and the occasional dash attack.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
i would say samus, cuz noobs tend to like the big *** gun, also roy, because its a marth clone, that you get AFTER marth, therefore, he must be "better". i believe that sheik is more of a gateway character, from noobness to competitive. real noobs wouldnt know how to combo. which makes their fair pretty much useless

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
fox and shiek ftw... all noobs do with fox is spam up b and the kicks.... and they sometimes dont do half bad with it seeing as how uber fox is

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is my input on this topic and my reason why. Maybe some of you will agree. Maybe you wont. But this is based on what I have seen.

#1 Noob character: Shiek

Reason: At tournies against ANY character the player has trouble against, they will use shiek as a counter pick to get the job done. Shiek is not hard to pick up, against floaties and you have to do is chain grab, Ftilt, Uptilt, F-air Up air. Thes can be mixed with grabs too. Easy and cheap kills. heavy characters, same thing and fast fallers. Her combos can move so smooth. Not hard. Its like a river. I cant play with no one in ths game expect Peach and Zelda, I would always play Peach, and Zelda at times. I could not play with other characters cause I was not use to ether thier range, fighting style, how to control them, how to add my mindgames to them,etc. I one day played shiek and I owned my friends with shiek. I just used her combos like a river. Smooth and easy to link. Shiek is the most use character to counter pick on someone. Grab, Ftilt, Up tilt, downthrow to up air, F-air ( the most used move of shiek to get a kill) and the job is done. Noobs spam stuff like this. At tourny level she is not so easy cause her tech game is not that great. but if you do so call master shiek, you can be so cheap its nutz. Shiek is one of the most hated characters. Maybe #1

#2 Noob character: Marth

Reason: Learn how to L-cancel his moves and your done, cheap fest Air combos to spikes, chain grabs to F-smash( good how they love that, noobs and pros alike do it). And how they love to span Fsmashes, wave dash to foward smash, dash dance to Fsmash. or anything else Marths do. And the Dtilt, they will spam it on the edge when you are trying to come back. Cheap and easy kill people love to do. L-cancel, chain grab and Dtilt FTW.

Noob character #3: Falco

Reason: short hop laser. how people who pick up falco just want to go ahead and learn it so fast. and once they do, they think thier falco is the shizz. If the learn the pillar and shot hop laser, thats it, they cam spam the laser from start to finish, pillar you when you get closes, then spam the move again after they finish the pillar/combo. I see alot of falcos do this. and not to metion that he has an easy spike, any agle of the attack and its a spike to your doom or combo.

Noob character # 4: Fox

Reason: Noob foxes will just try to grab you to a up throw then up air. How foxes love that one. Also on pig stages they can run and camp, and since he is fast most characters have troube with it. (capming ***** Peach hardcore) Once they have you off the edge, there comes the big cheap shine deaths. shine , shine shine, everything goes to a shine. Noobs will space it. and if they fight Peach, they will go for a shine and drag her acroos the stage, and if near a wall..........you already know. blood thirsty.

Noob character # 5: Peach

Reason: shoot , do I even have to say it. its the reason why she is one of the most hated characters in the game. And others will conter pick her so much than the others.Well might as well say it. Her Dsmash. Lots of noob Peach players spam it, everything to a Dsmash. but this is whats so funny, if you know the Peach is gonna spam it, and you get caught, why blame the character. its the Players fault for getting caught with it. thier the dumb one. and another spam move is her dash attack, most peaches spam that alot with the Dsmash. Also, when they grab you, they will always throw you forward no matter what % you have. But Peaches like this should not be so hard. if you get owned bty a player who spams Dsmash, its your fault for not looking and being smart as in baiting the player to use it, then go infor the combo/kill. thats why Peach players spam the move.....cause people go into it and then at times CC'a the move. The Peach is the noob for picking her up for spamming the Dsmash and does not use her to her full potential. But the player that gets caught with it so many times is the bigger noob for not thinking.

thats all I have for now, I think the other characters were stated for thier noobish was.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Dark.Pch... all of the reasons you are giving include L-canceling, tilts, pillar, shines NOT against projectiles... the only valid reason u gave for a noob character was Peach, saying all noob Peaches do as is spam downsmash...

For example, u say all u have to do with Marth is learn to l-cancel his aerials... well thats not noob nemore.

I say the biggest noob, real noob, total noob character is link... Up-b spam ftw, thats all those noobs do.

okami473

Smash Apprentice
my definition of noob is: any one that you ask if they play super smash brothers and thier first reply is "I rule at that games!!!!!"
I would say sheik samus and fox.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch... all of the reasons you are giving include L-canceling, tilts, pillar, shines NOT against projectiles... the only valid reason u gave for a noob character was Peach, saying all noob Peaches do as is spam downsmash...

For example, u say all u have to do with Marth is learn to l-cancel his aerials... well thats not noob nemore.

I say the biggest noob, real noob, total noob character is link... Up-b spam ftw, thats all those noobs do.
Seems like i need to be clear about things. Well its not hard for people to L-cancel. well it may take getting use to in a fight, but after that, they can spam cheap tatics and all. thats what I ment by it, to spam with and be cheap you really dont need L-cal, it just makes the cheapness and spaming faster. and my example with Fox shoutl be good. Most of them will grab you to a up throw then up air. that is what the all go for. I guess I could say there is 2 levels of noobs.

Regular noobs and advance noobs........if that makes any sense at all:urg:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

#2 Noob character: Marth

Reason: Learn how to L-cancel his moves and your done, cheap fest Air combos to spikes, chain grabs to F-smash( good how they love that, noobs and pros alike do it). And how they love to spam Fsmashes, wave dash to foward smash, dash dance to Fsmash. or anything else Marths do. And the Dtilt, they will spam it on the edge when you are trying to come back. Cheap and easy kill people love to do. L-cancel, chain grab and Dtilt FTW.
Without proper spacing Marth has no combos and noobs stop liking him.

Spamming F-smash doesn't really work. Even noobs will catch on eventually and roll or sidestep or *insert any other option than shielding, 'cause noobs don't do that either*.

You can't F-smash out of a dash dance unless you pivot. Pivoting's not exactly the most common technique for noobs.

They will likely miss space the down tilt and get hit by the opponent's up B.

Chaingrabs is valid for spacies (up throw goodness), Jigglypuff, Peach, and Marth (remember, noobs don't DI so the f-throw chainthrow works on them) but that's it. Marth isn't really known for chainthrowing (except spacies of course.)

Overall I wouldn't say Marth is a noob character. He's a little easier tech skill wise than Fox and Falco, but spacing plays a major roll for him because it actually changes your attacks. It's like having two movesets to learn, ranges and all. Noobs don't have time to learn all that spacing stuff so they'll have more fun with Roy.

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've seen a lot more noobs use roy than marth. =/
My top three (based on observation) will probably be:
Roy
Link
Sheik

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Noob should be defined as someone who slips and calls samus METROID, or calls link ZELDA, or says CAPTAIN FALCO, or thinks jigglypuff is the worst character because of no up-b recovery. IE: My friends. :)

EDIT: 100th post ftw

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
It depends what you mean by newb character.

Sry for the grammar my key board is broken.

people who play the game for the firs time like roy because of his big explody neutral b and his powerful f-smash.plus newbs like swords, right?

However the easiest charactar to master is either marth or sheik.
Marth has uber range but needsspacing however, the spacing is fairly easy to master after a while. newby marths can easily outrange same skill opponents with f smash and f tilt.
Skeik on the fairother and is super fast and needs very little spacing. like half of her ground moves put people in the air where sheik owns even more.

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
I play with my friends all the time ("n00bs"), and when they play they all flock to characters like Fox and Captain Falcon, or they play as a character they have never played before.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Well, the difference between using Roy and Marth is how noob the player actually is. Huge noobs figure that Roy is way better because of his OHKO and the fact that his sword does more damage and knocks people farther (and his recovery's better of course.) Noobs that are slightly better figure out Marth's tip does a lot.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
sheik and marth
sheik has the f-air which is ****ing ridiculous
and then she has like ten moves that combo perfectly into the f-air

and marth just basically has to grab and fsmash all night long.
lol @ everyone saying "oh you need to space". no you dont.
he still kills most characters even if you don't tipper

in noob vs noob, a marth noob beats ANY OTHER KIND OF NOOB, based on fsmash alone.

plus marth is the easier character to play well with.

he's got *ahem*

a HUGE grab range
TIPPERS
a TRUE SPIKE
a LONG, QUICK, WAVEDASH
SHDF
AMAZING TILTS

None of the above require THAT much skill to perform

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
ok is this supposed to be easiest to use character or most seen character used by noobs?

id say
Easiest to use (on a noob skill level)

Shiek (Ridiculously easy combos)
Marth (Insane range)
Peach (Downsmash, and can fly....)

Most used characters by noobs
Shiek
Fox/Falco
Link/Marth

I havent really played with any noobs recently but this is what I remember seeing a lot of.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Sheik and Marth are WAY to easy for people to pick up.

-Noobs using Kirby's, Yoshi's, or Bowser's down B all the time is always amusing to see.
-Link's up B is a popular choice.
-C-Sticks with Marth and Peach
-Laser happy Falcos.
-Luigi players that jump before they use green missle to recover, then wonder why they didn't reach the ledge.
- Zelda side-B to a self distruct
-C. Falcon using side-B to a self destruct.
-People that can't control Fox or C. Falcon in general

And of course, Pichu! Especially when someone uses him to try to prove some type of point.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Roy/Link/Bowser.

Tons of n00bs use Roy because he has T3H PH1R3.

There are at least 1 Million Up-B spamming Links in Canada. Proven fact. And I don't even live there. There are also at least 1 Million Up-B Spamming Links in Amercia.

Tons of n00bs use Bowser because they think he is the "Most Powerful" because his moves hit far, but they don't take into account lag and end up as Bowser Bomb, Foward Smash spamming players.

For easiest to use?

Shiek is the easiest to use and win, but n00bs won't master her until they are not n00bs.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers are obviously the biggest noob characters. Because only noobs would require the assistance of an extra character.

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
Noob should be defined as someone who slips and calls samus METROID, or calls link ZELDA, or says CAPTAIN FALCO, or thinks jigglypuff is the worst character because of no up-b recovery. IE: My friends. :)

Well, Yoshi doesn't have an up-b either. =/ (and he's much harder to use correctly)

simplicityho

Smash Journeyman

What about Yoshi?
Oh wait, Yoshi's sexier.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
So we're talking about characters used by Noobs? I'm gonna go with Roy. He has brown spikey hair, a sword, armor, and he's Japanese, and if current sales of Naruto are of any indication, the SSB demographic (kids-teens) are going to fall in love with him first.

Some less experiences players will pick Mario because of the familiarity.

And some others will pick Link because it's ****ing LINK.

Chris7x

Smash Cadet
Shiek. Anyone could pick her up in seconds. I use to use her, but shes just TOO cheap with her dash atk spam to fair.

Top Bottom