• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Apexchu Thread, 2012 Edition - Less than 2 weeks, get hype!!!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
In reality, I wouldn't remember those rules wasted.
Have a designated pourer stick a cup in front of you at the appropriate times.

Be sure to tip them with some of the proceeds.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Wouldn't make any rules explicit, but there's two obvious ways to go with it.

One, challenged provides the drinks. Sort of like providing the weapons in a duel. Gives a measure of control - especially if the challenged can hold their liquor better and picks a high proof drink - at the cost of footing the bill.

Two, loser foots the bill. In fairness, they should also keep any remaining booze, although the bottle can be added to the stakes if desired.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I mean, I thought he was ~4th since I first played him. Which would be when he tried out for High Voltage. In '08.
Oh, well that explains things. You crazy!
(Besides that, I'm talking good overall. Nobody gives a **** about good amongst just Pikas.)

Before we had ever heard of a "KayLo!." :seuss:
Hey kid, remember to respect your elders. :glare:

I'm just tipsy enough to suggest something.

5-stock matches.

Challenged names the drink. Anything under 40 proof is drunk in cups, anything higher in shots.

Every time a player loses a stock, the killer takes a shot.

Winner takes the money. Loser takes a shot for every stock the winner has left.

If you win, you're blitzed and richer. If you lose, you're at least blitzed. Win-win.
Too complicated for the drunken mind, BUT this leads to another idea (in general, not for the mm necessarily): we should play Get Smashed Bros. FFAs, losing a stock = a shot/drink sip.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I'm liking this idea. Get Smashed Bros. sounds even better than a mm. Even though it guarantees that I'll be dead first, lol

Roller

Smash Legend
At Genesis, myself, Leaf, and THuGz had random CPUs do FFAs with each of us having a port assigned to us. Whoever's character lost, drank. Whoever's won would be safe next round if they lost. We could make it 1 stock matches to make it faster. But yeah, just another idea.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That one sounds good too, although knowing my luck my CPUs would probably keep killing themselves for no reason.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
At Genesis, myself, Leaf, and THuGz had random CPUs do FFAs with each of us having a port assigned to us. Whoever's character lost, drank. Whoever's won would be safe next round if they lost. We could make it 1 stock matches to make it faster. But yeah, just another idea.
That sounds pretty hype 4 or 5 matches in, lmao.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
It really was. I don't remember how much we all had to drink, I just remember I got lucky and happened to lose mostly only when I had safety.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think lose a stock -> drink is probably best because as time goes on you lose more stocks cuz u play worse lol

this CPU FFA idea intrigues me, however

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Let the present be sealed.

Prime is and will always be my #1 target, but Biggy, I'm gonna hug-**** the **** out of you at Apex. Just a warning ahead of time. <3

Also. Practicing for that drinking mm/FFA/whatevs atm. =D Margarita happy hours ftw~

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nobody gives a **** about good amongst just Pikas.)

Hey kid, remember to respect your elders. :glare:

Too complicated for the drunken mind, BUT this leads to another idea (in general, not for the mm necessarily): we should play Get Smashed Bros. FFAs, losing a stock = a shot/drink sip.
Respectively:

I do, if only because I'm still earning my place. But even then, it's just because I want to know.

Elders wut. Stop making me feel old.

It all boils down to six words. Kill a dude, take a shot. In fact, if that were the whole of the rules, I think you should have to take a shot if you can't recite that sentence.

That's brilliant. Playing that tonight.

Single-player version, granted, but I'm doing it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That sounds incredibly sad.
Not particularly.

[EDIT]: In retrospect...not remotely.

Set the CPUs to a 20-stock match. Drink of choice was a one part Blackheart to two parts coke. Was blitzed before the match was over.

The rest of the evening was downright awesome.

In fact the saddest thing about it is...well, I'm nearly out of Blackheart.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Oh man, I didn't think they'd have pools made already. Now I need to find out who King Funk and PRiDE are.

Pool 4
UltimateRazer
King Funk
PRiDE
Phoenix Lord
TwicH

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
prime is getting out easy. i may be able to but its unlikely. leaf may but i dunno who anyone else is besides nick riddle. esam has a super easy pool, and i dont think phoenix will be getting out

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Eww you got razer.

And I have no idea on my pool, it's looking to be hype sets with the people who aren't NickRiddle.

Only haven't learned who Ringoffire is, my other opponents have been successfully scouted though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Agree with Stealth's predictions assuming it's top 2 out. =\

Leaf, are you second in your pool? I also don't recognize any of those names besides NR.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Phoenix, assuming it's the same guy I'm thinking of, Pride is a legit Yoshi player. Dunno if he even still plays Yoshi, but if he's as good as he was back when I played, it'll be a rough set for you. (Sorry, just being honest. :ohwell:)

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Only haven't learned who Ringoffire is, my other opponents have been successfully scouted though.
RingofFire (or Short Round, as my racist friends and I refer to him as) plays Falco with a pocket Olimar, so I don't see him being too much of a problem for you.

Phoenix, assuming it's the same guy I'm thinking of, Pride is a legit Yoshi player. Dunno if he even still plays Yoshi, but if he's as good as he was back when I played, it'll be a rough set for you. (Sorry, just being honest. :ohwell:)
lol, there's no reason to apologise for being honest. Even if I was playing a toaster I'd go in expecting a rough set, so knowing this will help me look into the match-up. Against a Yoshi, that is, not against a toaster.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That's even worse! That means I may be the worst in my pool! I refuse to let that happen! I will get in at least 4th, I swear it!

Top Bottom