• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Angelic Step

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally dont use it now with my own 1-of-a-kind style. Plus I have gotten punished so much from doing it.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I have mastered it now. I can say it's useful only for a mind game. It can be punished and easy to see it coming.

ps I love the new sig Admiral! ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh please, "You're not ready yet!"

And thanks Savior. Now Palutena will be watching over me much more ^_^

viparagon

Smash Ace
I've learned about that first hand. My first ever tourney match was against Mew2King. Needless to say, after learning who he was, I froze up and lost horribly. Now, I know I can put up a fight. Regardless of who anyone might be.
LOL! sucks for you! perhaps you should read my sigg!:laugh:

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Ok am i missing something? I cant do this for the life of me. It might be how i side step, do you hold shield then hit down on the joy stick, or is it the c stick, or do you not shield at all? I know its a noob question but I joined the boards for a reason.

I am sidestepping, holding back and the tapping forward like the video says but nothing is happening...helpz meee

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Ok am i missing something? I cant do this for the life of me. It might be how i side step, do you hold shield then hit down on the joy stick, or is it the c stick, or do you not shield at all? I know its a noob question but I joined the boards for a reason.

I am sidestepping, holding back and the tapping forward like the video says but nothing is happening...helpz meee
What you need to do is hit your Shield button + Down at the same time. Then, as you are sidestepping, hold back. Once Pit comes out of the sidestep animation and spins around, then you hold forward and you will see Pit pivot. Hope that helps.... Just keep trying, you'll get it.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
thanx...thats what I have been doing for the most part...so I dont hold forward till he spins around from the sidestep? thanks for the help, I will give that a shot. Next I have to figure out is the wing dash. I am thinking about maining pit so I gotta get all the stuff down. :)

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
I honestly wouldn't worry too much about angelic step, it's not really that groundbreakingly useful...
Yes it is, maybe not THAT CRUCIAL, but could definitely make a difference between a win and a loose in a tight match. Angel step can not only be use for a larger ranged grab or f-tilt but also as a slide-smash, and its reversed version.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I've always wanted to see a vid of a good Pit user fighting someone good and using the Angelic Step as a actual useful technique, because I really can't find much use to it lol.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
I recall Undr using it to grab someone in one of his many videos. Can't be of more assistance, though.
hmm that's probably it's main use, to slip behind someone and do a grab, maybe it can be used for Smashes too. Alright I'll look for that vid so I can see it in use.

Top Bottom