• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ally Q/A ‘‘

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vertically, as in when you're sent straight up.

B-air is normal for Snake for horizontal momentum canceling. D-air is used by pretty much every character to momentum cancel vertically because it auto fast falls, but Ally is using up-air for this.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I use Uair to momentum cancel vertically as well because I can move again far earlier. Dair is for people who don't want to take their time to learn to use FF aerial instead of C stick Dair.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Serious question if Ally is still doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_ASMWg-Uw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErffV_vF_4&feature=related

In these I see you momentum canceling vertically with up air. Is up air the best move for this? I always thought it was down air. You live to ridiculous percentages with it, so there must be something to it.

That last kill in game 2 was extremely sexy, by the way.
I actually tested this a few weeks ago, uair is indeed the best aerial to use for vertical hits, while air dodging lets you survive horizontal hits the longest.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
I do think you stopped this, but Ally do you ever split in tournaments? Like EVER?

Just wondering. It's something I would NEVER do unless I really really REALLY needed money for some reason.

Shinjin

Smash Cadet
I know he's hoping to stop and have it closed, but I was hoping he'd answer the last batch of questions. Either way, he's got MLG this weekend haha which certainly does take priority. hopefully!

The Filth

Smash Lord
I usually DI horizontal hits with Uair and vertical with Bair.

They move your hurtbox ever so slightly away from the blastzone, too.

MD.Dude

Smash Cadet
Ally you are the best snake player in the world..without a doubt. How do you feel about the rumors..going around that snake is gay and chock full of camp. also - do you think you can out camp a metaknight?

Top Bottom