• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
yo RashTuvai, u having a smash fest this tuesday? i couldnt come to the one 2 weeks ago :( i'm hoping i can go to this one. Plz let me know and btw ankoku or anther or w/e, could you edit mastersmash to
G4MER4LIFE/ sheik, falco, peach, marth/ Send me a pm (contact info) thnx in advance
yes, but it'll start at 5PM this week, as opposed to the usual 4PM.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow, I've been slacking off. G4MER updated, LTU smashfest updated, animan updated. suntwister, I need contact info for you to be added.

S

suntwister

Oh sorry, it's actually Troy-Lego-Marth, Ganondorf AIM: SuntwisterX

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
Cell: 810-656-9104
Main: Fox
2nd:Marth/Link

For Anyone Interested If you know where ITT in Troy is come i am there and so are plenty of other smashers just give me a call if you are coming classes are normally over around 12:00 latest I am available to play with my pals till around 1:30 I want to see sum1 beat plaz =p We are there on Wed,Thur,Friday come and play us we always like more competition ^^ and ill try to be there at the smash tourney

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
Omg two more peeps in troy woot! lol and thanks ankoku for updating it *cough* slacker *cough* xD j/k

also rash when does the smash fest tommarow end? my ride needs to know b4 i go tommarow. And ankoku i dont have AIM anymore so can u delete my contact info and just put "send me a pm if you want to play" or something like that thnx

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Cell: 810-656-9104
Main: Fox
2nd:Marth/Link

For Anyone Interested If you know where ITT in Troy is come i am there and so are plenty of other smashers just give me a call if you are coming classes are normally over around 12:00 latest I am available to play with my pals till around 1:30 I want to see sum1 beat plaz =p We are there on Wed,Thur,Friday come and play us we always like more competition ^^ and ill try to be there at the smash tourney
Wait, are you in Troy during the summer too?

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
Yes but i live far away its a hour drive so it really doesnt matter to me ill be up in the area wed-friday
the way my school works is i get liek a week-2weeks off after a long long time... of 4 hour classes for 3 days a week and i been wanting to set up a tournament at the school for the longest time but i never have a enough people to hold a good 1 =p

this week me and my pals are playing smash till we are sick of it or our fingers hurt =p ill be located around 16 and grosebeck or how ever its spelled basically it will be at my pals house so if ur in the area give me a call XD just tell me that ur a ssbmer and calling me at 3 am in the moring is a definate im going to kick u in the *** =p

its looking at the ways things are planned im not gonna make it to the tourny this tue :/ QQ *I want more competition other than plaz* QQ

If any of u kno who jonathan carter is he is plaz !!! tell me and if u can give him some good competition u must go to ITT and play him he keeps on giving bs that he never tries... its hard to study sum1 that never tries and learn the only thing im left is past videos of ken pc chris isai germ zelgadis

hey i have this cool map where we can locate where we all live at pretty much exactly to see whos in our area even closer to us=p

but seriously if anyone lives in dryden area or knows anyone tell me

also can anyone confirm that they are taking wavedashing out cuz i kno there is a rumor that u cant wavedash in brawl

Levitas

the moon
In the playable demo, you could only airdodge in the direction of your momentum. Assuming this stays true for the finished game, that means that the only way you can airdodge out of a jump is up. Meaning wavedashing is out.

Something akin to wavelanding is in, however. Besides, it's a completely new game. We really don't know what to expect.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey Michigan Smashers,

Thought I might let you know if you live somewhat close to South Bend, IN, we are having a Smash session this Saturday. Just find the thread for more details.

EDIT: There is a 30 entrant restriction, so sign up quickly! (we currently have 24)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ken pc chris isai germ zelgadis
lol, PC Chris, the lone east coast smasher in that list.

I'm at University of Michigan most of the weekdays, so unless you're willing to pick me up from Ann Arbor, I won't be able to go play Plaz. : ( If only he could make some smashfest or other.

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
does rash's tourney go till 9pm? let me know whoever knows :p, and Ice0verlord i'll try n' give you a call but ITT tech is way closer to me lol i'll see if i can make it over sometime

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
well, I stay until 9 or 10, but that doesn't mean it ends at that time. sometimes we got people up there until midnight. definitely recommend bringing another cube. we could use it.

kinda short on people to make a tourney out of it... but we could always do mm's. :)

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
:p alright cool i can't bring a cube unfortunatley but i can bring money lol, it doesnt cost anything to enter does it?

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
well i have school today so.. i like to see u come and kick my *** gamer=p

and plazs too =p XD

welll i should be in the ann arbor area after dec 3 for like a week or 2 soo ill try and see if i can hit u up =p

ill be staying at CUAA during that time and i will be smashing that whole time too... soo.... ya...

i guess we should be saying dam poor pc chris =p the loner =p ^^

also gamer if u really want to play me that badly XD i will basically be playing like u would in brawl with no wave dashing Xd make it more interesting wouldnt u say since from what i heard u cant wavedash in brawl =p

also Ankoku i will talk to plaz and see if he will go to a smash fest but that will take alot of convincing which will be vary hard=p XD hes stubborn =p

i cant wait till brawl comes out then ill be playing basically 18/7 XD
oh btw ITT is thinking of getting a wii too so we will have cube wee and xbox there XD cube with SSBM wii with SSBB XD

oh and i forgot if i said this but i am thinking of holding tourneys at itt i just need permision thats all more will be posted laster

tourneys will be every friday XD if i can get enough to come=p

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
thanks to everyone that showed up this time... we had a surprising turnout that i was regrettably ill-prepared for. fortunately, many of our more common patrons were willing to split off some, otherwise that could've been really messy. I'm bringing an extra TV next time. an extra cube would be extremely useful, if someone could possibly chip in next time.

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
well rash if i can ill try to make it =p but i dont own a cube XD i QQ
i have to go buy a controler and break it in XD

cuz only 2 controllers at our school work good.. the other 2 well lets say people like to throw controllers when they get mad QQ i told the supervisor u tell me names and ill make sure they never throw one again XD

Rules:
Controller: Bring/Provided(Limited Supply)
Date: Every Friday
Time: 12:00-4:00

Entry Fee: None
Stages: TBD
Games: Best 2 out of 3
Time: 8 Minutes
Stock: 4
Elimination: Double
Items: None
Damage Ratio:1.0
Handicap:None
Pause: Disabled

Current Banned Stages: TBD

Additional Rules:
No Talking While Game(Save Talking for after the match Remember you are not the only one playing)
If you are 2 minutes late YOU LOSE first Game, 5 minutes late YOU LOSE 2nd Game, 8 minutes late YOU FORFEIT that Game
Each Person will be given a max of three warnings 1st is a warning, 2nd Loss of Next Game, 3rd Ask to leave.

If you have any further questions
Call: 810-656-9104

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
well rash if i can ill try to make it =p but i dont own a cube XD i QQ
i have to go buy a controler and break it in XD

cuz only 2 controllers at our school work good.. the other 2 well lets say people like to throw controllers when they get mad QQ i told the supervisor u tell me names and ill make sure they never throw one again XD

Rules:
Time: 12:00-4:00

Entry Fee: None
Games: Best 3 out of 5

Current Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Flat Zone, Brinstar (Both), F-Zero Grand Prix(Both), Kanto Skies: Poke Floats, tbc

Additional Rules:
No Talking While Game(Save Talking for after the match Remember you are not the only one playing)
If you are 2 minutes late YOU LOSE first Game, 5 minutes late YOU LOSE 2nd Game, 8 minutes late YOU FORFEIT that Game
Each Person will be given a max of three warnings 1st is a warning, 2nd Loss of Next Game, 3rd Ask to leave.

do you actually win anything? because if this is just a fest those are some harsh rules and i doubt anybody will show up.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you won't really get a good turnout w/o and a prize. otherwise, just hold a smashfest (w/o tourney), and more ppl will come (IMO). oh, and i'm hardly ever away by 12 on fridays.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
well i talked it over with plaz and we were trying to get rid of the stages that do random things i personally never gone to a tourny=p so plaz is the 1 that is the deciding factor for the stages

and tnx ankoku ^^ <3

RamrodRyu

Smash Rookie
Negaunee - Ryu - Ice Climbers, AIM: rhminers14

Yeah, I'm in the U.P. but maybe some day you trolls will find yourself up here w/o someone to smash w/.

Anther

Smash Champion
Yeah... Friday at Noon definitely isn't targetting the demographic of people that typically play smash bros o_O.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Ramrod, you live like 15 minutes away from me. I'm at NMU, maybe some time you could come chill at the dorm with me and we could play

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
hey rash ill bring a cube if i can find the place XD

but ya there was supose to be like 12 people coming and only 5 showed up :/

Rules:
Time: TBD (Prolly 5pm-10:30)

Entry Fee: $10
Games: Best out of 3

Current Banned Stages: TBD

Additional Rules:

Levitas

the moon
yo Ice, the problem is that here's no prize, the rules are weird, the time is a bad chice (Friday's at noon? I've got classes on fridays. A lot of people do.)

If you start changing those problems, and perhaps start a thread for it, things will go better in the future for your tourney.

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
yo Ice, the problem is that here's no prize, the rules are weird, the time is a bad chice (Friday's at noon? I've got classes on fridays. A lot of people do.)

If you start changing those problems, and perhaps start a thread for it, things will go better in the future for your tourney.
sorry i forgot to change the Entry fee= p

my bad ^^ its updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom