• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
haha, says a guy that won't come and play us. Jeez, do you respond to everything by "I don't gamble"?

I can see it now:
"Hey thaxceptional1, how are you today?"
"I don't gamble"

"How'd you do on that last test?"
"I don't gamble"

So if ness sucks, is it still a gamble to money match me?

uhh i said that once when u asked to mm me...

whats the point of wasting 20 dollars of gas to drive up to u to play a match for 10 or even 20 dollars n if i win still i lose

thats what the whole gamble is buddy, now if u wanna drive to my home i got no problem

and this is a dumb situation to bring that up, get off teh nuts

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, hey, if you're confident you'll win, you can up it to $50. That's like a $30 profit, right?

...at least, it is if you win. Too bad you won't. Because you're weak. PM me your address, and I might look into a time during one of the off weekends to pay a visit, since when I'm home I'm only about 20 minutes away from you. Sound good? I mean, it's right at your own home! That means you get to keep all $50! Or get wrecked, and be down enough money to pay for my copy of Brawl. :)

Oh, and congrats on 9th place at MGC Nationals, Anther. woop woop

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
^did i even ask to money match any1? and have u even seen me play? and im not even talking to you im talking to jsmash who actually brought up this whole situation

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Hey, lets all let the whole MM thing go. Thaxceptional1 can come to our bi-weekly, and compete in a tournament on fair ground w/ everyone else, and if he (or anyone else) so chooses, can MM before, between, or after the tournament. Sound good? And there's no way that's $20:00 of gas. It's probably closer to $5:00.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
Hey, lets all let the whole MM thing go. Thaxceptional1 can come to our bi-weekly, and compete in a tournament on fair ground w/ everyone else, and if he (or anyone else) so chooses, can MM before, between, or after the tournament. Sound good? And there's no way that's $20:00 of gas. It's probably closer to $5:00.
it really is closer to 20 since my car gets 15mpg and im pretty sure something is wrong with it cause it guzzles down gas faster

Levitas

the moon
lol, this thread exploded!

And the only reason I called you out, exceptional1, is because you insulted ness mains. Ironically, I'm not a ness main, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
it really is closer to 20 since my car gets 15mpg and im pretty sure something is wrong with it cause it guzzles down gas faster
So, with 15 mpg (wtf are you driving, a minivan?), and with the estimate that Franklin to Ann Arbor is about the same as Southfield to Ann Arbor, we have 35 miles. About 2.3 gallons-ish for $20... Is gas really up to $8.60 a gallon? lol.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You still haven't accepted my 75 cent money match. :(
But a best of 10 is sooooo loooonnnnggngnggg. Well I would go 6-0, but still, I don't know if I can promise to sit down and play you for a full 6 games in a row.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
But a best of 10 is sooooo loooonnnnggngnggg. Well I would go 6-0, but still, I don't know if I can promise to sit down and play you for a full 6 games in a row.
Well let's make it best of 3 and 5 dollars. But that'd be my entry fee and I'd probably lose it. :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why best of 10? Just make it go by tennis scoring.

First to 6 wins, unless both people get to 5, in which case first to 7 wins, and if both get to 6, then tiebreaker rounds start.

I'm not actually sure how to set up for tiebreakers in Smash...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Well let's make it best of 3 and 5 dollars. But that'd be my entry fee and I'd probably lose it. :(
Yeah but when you do a best of 3 then luck becomes a larger part of the match. Eh, I gotta do more games than that.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I think if we flip a coin it would be more skillful. So after every match we'll flip a coin to see who actually won.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
So, with 15 mpg (wtf are you driving, a minivan?), and with the estimate that Franklin to Ann Arbor is about the same as Southfield to Ann Arbor, we have 35 miles. About 2.3 gallons-ish for $20... Is gas really up to $8.60 a gallon? lol.
TONY, WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING JOHN OUT. LEAVE JOHN ALONE.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
JFTR, any MM between bowyer, shaeden, I, or Nesses will have to be before/ after the tournament, so it can be recorded for awesomeness' sake.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I think if we flip a coin it would be more skillful. So after every match we'll flip a coin to see who actually won.
Hmm... I think that might work. We'll do a $5 best of 5 where after each game we flip a coin to see who won. Hmm... intriguing.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
fine. Singles bracket is up.

Although, only 1's available at the moment. They'll all be up w/in an hr or two.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
i drive a Acura MDX 2006, look up the details....

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SCOTU is amazing at cactus dancing.

Ankoku:
First dance like a cactus while I get the rest.

SCOTU:
wt?
/
\
/
\
/
\
-
|
_
|