• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Hey Victor plz update 1st post and include the Debuque tournament. Um as far as I know Earthbowser, Tacoom, keokuk crew plans to attend. rey,sa-x,frostbyte,british bob,and me.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
hmm Icy, are you looking for a way to Pure Pwnage?
A buddy of mine lives in Iowa city and is coming up to Sioux City on the 1st. (Thats where im at..) I plan on heading to the tourney early morning on the 2nd.
The only problem is that I wouldnt know when my buddy is heading back to Iowa city.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
fine than do whatever the f*&k you want. Uhh! people quit correcting me. It's driving me insane. Forget the whole thing some of my crew is mad for saying that we PLAN to attend. I even had it highlighted and underlined. jeez. Anyways so just don't bother to add us right now. Anyways I would like to see that debuque tourney on the 1st page.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Bobby keyword. PLANS to attend. fool Didn't say you were going 100% Oh and Bobby, i'm just curious. how do you plan on getting better?
Yeah you probly should have asked us about it before you posted our names and instead of plan you probly should have put are thinking about going. I'd be nice if you would inform us before hand.

Oh and Kami do you plan to pay for gas it's expensive ya know. Sry to harp on ya like this but I was rather rude

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
At least we don't smoke.
At least I don't smell like I was feasting on a dead carcass. You silly teenagers and your body odor!

Nice double post, and I don't see the relevance to my post. Were you just pointing out that your lungs happen to be healthier than mine? I applaud you for that!

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
First post updated.

I was planning on adding the tourney in Dubuque (which is a month away) soon, but since you requested it (twice), I added it even faster.

British Bob

Smash Cadet
At least I don't smell like I was feasting on a dead carcass. You silly teenagers and your body odor!

Nice double post, and I don't see the relevance to my post. Were you just pointing out that your lungs happen to be healthier than mine? I applaud you for that!
Maybe you should get your facts staight. I'm an adult ******* and only one of us was probably smelling. I never even played you so how do you know what I smelled like unless another one of your hobbies is smelling what kind of cologne a guy wears. What a ***?

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
Just so you Keokuk guys know, my original post about your body odor was not to disrespect you at all. It's merely common courtesy that when you come to someone else's home that you don't smell like you guys had sweaty buttseks in each others feces. And I didn't have to be close to whoever it was to smell you(there were two of you btw) and that was the sad part about it. The FACTS are, that two of you smelled horrible, and next time you plan on being in a room with other people you should take a ****ing shower and put on some deodorant. Air conditioning in a car IS NOT an excuse. We didn't have AC either and you don't hear anyone complaining about how we smelled. If you really think that you are going to "Sweat too much because we don't have AC" boohoo, then bring a change of clothes.

British Bob

Smash Cadet
Just so you Keokuk guys know, my original post about your body odor was not to disrespect you at all. It's merely common courtesy that when you come to someone else's home that you don't smell like you guys had sweaty buttseks in each others feces. And I didn't have to be close to whoever it was to smell you(there were two of you btw) and that was the sad part about it. The FACTS are, that two of you smelled horrible, and next time you plan on being in a room with other people you should take a ****ing shower and put on some deodorant. Air conditioning in a car IS NOT an excuse. We didn't have AC either and you don't hear anyone complaining about how we smelled. If you really think that you are going to "Sweat too much because we don't have AC" boohoo, then bring a change of clothes.
We weren't in a home we where in a garage. Well actually your the only the one who complained about how we smelled that I know of. I'm surprised people didn't complain about you smelling like a tobacco plant. You must be a metrosexual. We're guys we're not supposed to smell like flowers and girlie stuff like that.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Woah.... this needs to stop Brittish you need to stop. And bio plz don't comment on that remark. I apologize for all this. Smashboards needs to be as positive as possible Let's keep this to friendly rivalries. peace and love peace and love

Hey Victor isn't that tournament in debuque on the 4th of September?

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Check the first post, I have a link to the tourney thread that says it's on September 25th. Kinda far away.

I thought about writing up a thing addressing this whole ordeal, but I'll just say this: As Shawn has already said, on the forums and to me in real life, you guys taking offense was never the intention. I hope this does not hurt Des Moines-Keokuk Smash relations.

On a more positive note, I'd like to invite all Iowans who are not currently on my forums to come and join. Click here for Screw_the_World Forums. It's how Des Moines and Iowa City coordinated with Marion to make the fest. I hope everyone joins up (I'm looking at JBM's crew) so we can discuss the next huge event that I will be trying to get all known Iowans to, Show Me Your Moves 6.

British Bob

Smash Cadet
Check the first post, I have a link to the tourney thread that says it's on September 25th. Kinda far away.

I thought about writing up a thing addressing this whole ordeal, but I'll just say this: As Shawn has already said, on the forums and to me in real life, you guys taking offense was never the intention. I hope this does not hurt Des Moines-Keokuk Smash relations.

On a more positive note, I'd like to invite all Iowans who are not currently on my forums to come and join. Click here for Screw_the_World Forums. It's how Des Moines and Iowa City coordinated with Marion to make the fest. I hope everyone joins up (I'm looking at JBM's crew) so we can discuss the next huge event that I will be trying to get all known Iowans to, Show Me Your Moves 6.
I'm sure one of you from the Des Moines crew would of been mad if one of us said that you guys smelled bad. It's was kind of rude to say something like that. If a person doesn't have something good to say then they shouldn't say anything at all. I kind of went a little over board. Kamikaze you watched me type the last post so you shouldn't be saying anything. Our crew needs to have a talk probably tomorrow or something.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I'm sure one of you from the Des Moines crew would of been mad if one of us said that you guys smelled bad. It's was kind of rude to say something like that. If a person doesn't have something good to say then they shouldn't say anything at all. I kind of went a little over board. Kamikaze you watched me type the last post so you shouldn't be saying anything. Our crew needs to have a talk probably tomorrow or something.

You wouldn't have listened to me even if I told you to not wright anything negative.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the Dubuque tourney on a school day? If it is, I can't go, and if I can't get a ride, I can't go, so basically, I don't think I can go.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, for some reason they have tourneys on a Monday, and they start at 6:30 P.M. You need at least 4 hours for a decent tourney, and no one should stay out at 10:30 P.M. on a school night...

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, for some reason they have tourneys on a Monday, and they start at 6:30 P.M. You need at least 4 hours for a decent tourney, and no one should stay out at 10:30 P.M. on a school night...
Yeah, the Monday night tourneys aren't really road trip friendly, unfortunately...

...which brings me to why I stopped in here today. I'd like to do a SSBM tourney for the next DBQ BBQ. (It's a tourney series that I do at Comic World...though we've only done one so far. ^^; ) I'd like to do this tourney on October 21st (I think that's the Saturday) as a little stepping stone to SMYM6 in November. I'll announce it officially in the middle of the week, but since this tourney is mainly to get a few people in from out of town, I'd like to hear some input from you guys on how to run it. Things like:
-- Round-robin pools to determine seeding?
-- Straight-up double-elimination?
-- How much for an entry fee?
-- What time during the day should it start?
-- Just one tourney or should there be a doubles tourney for the heck of it?

Things like that. Get back to me either here or at IowaGamers.com if ya can, and thanks. Also, I'll money match a few of ya for five bucks to help pay for gas (since I'm probably gonna lose) if ya want. ;P

Peace,
Michael
Dark Hogosha

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry kamikaze, I never meant for it to go this far. I give up, it's obvious to me now that your friend is either too high strung or ignorant to listen and understand what i'm trying to tell him.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
I just saw the results for Orlando. All I can say is, WTF.

-- Round-robin pools to determine seeding?
-- Straight-up double-elimination?
-- How much for an entry fee?
-- What time during the day should it start?
-- Just one tourney or should there be a doubles tourney for the heck of it?
- Use round-robin seeding (divide into pools if enough people show).
- After that, make a double-elimination bracket.
- $5 or $10 for an entry fee is standard, even up to $20 if the tourney is big enough. $10 per team is also pretty standard if you have a doubles bracket.
- Most tourneys open their doors at noon, and start at 1:00 P.M.
- Have official singles and doubles brackets. Maybe even save some time for crews if other cities are able to come and represent.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
- Use round-robin seeding (divide into pools if enough people show).
- After that, make a double-elimination bracket.
- $5 or $10 for an entry fee is standard, even up to $20 if the tourney is big enough. $10 per team is also pretty standard if you have a doubles bracket.
- Most tourneys open their doors at noon, and start at 1:00 P.M.
- Have official singles and doubles brackets. Maybe even save some time for crews if other cities are able to come and represent.
-- For the round-robin seeding, you mean have EVERYONE play each other? That'd take, uh, forever...so I'm kinda assuming you don't mean that. If I do some form of round-robin, I'd probably do what they did at Evo in 2k4 and 2k5 for most fighters. (Have groups of like 4 or 5, have them play each other, and top two advance to double-elim.) That way, everyone gets about three or four games in. And I can make the groups as spread out as possible (like, not pair practice partners against each other in the same pool). I could also have everyone advance from the round-robin pools and just use the results for seeding. Not sure what large tourneys do for SSBM, I'm kinda new to the scene.
-- It'd probably be five bucks for the singles entry fee and, if I do a doubles tourney, I'd have it be like five or six bucks per team...it'd be more of a side event than anything else.
-- Is 1:00 p.m. alright for the majority of you comin' in from out of town? Time seems good, and I was thinkin' 12 or 1, but I just wanna make sure.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Yeah, that all sounds pretty good, Dark Hogosha.

You sound right on for the round robins. Break everyone up into small pools to play eachother to seed the actual brackets.

If the entry fee isn't very large, you probably won't get people coming from accross the country, but I doubt that's what you're going for anyways. That price sounds fine.

And I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've fine with either 12 or 1. I've never really been to a tournament that's actually started on time anyways...

So what you're thinking is pretty much fine the way I see it.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
And I don't really know the technical terms, so I'm okay with it too. I hope it's on a weekend though...

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Dark Hogosha, you just described pools! If you have over 10 people (or something), pools is the way to go. Good job, you've got the right idea.

Also, 1:00 P.M. would be better if Des Moines decides to make it, because we seem to have trouble waking up and getting ready on Saturday's. :p

REY

Smash Cadet
Rey, I find it very amusing that you chose to sit behind your monitor and talk ****. It would be different if you CAME and BEAT SOMEONE. Just a guess but i'm going to say that you are a overweight teenager whose **** happen to be bigger than my pregnant girlfriend.
YOU KNOW WHAT FU IM GOIN TO BEAT YOU WHEN WE MEET AND YOU KNOW WHAT IM A CHRISTIAN NO HARD FEELINGS

BUT I DO FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND THAT LOOKS LIKE A FAT GUY SITTING BEHIND A MONITOR

PEACE N LOVE

O.K. NOW ITS OVER

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
Simply amazing, seriously. It's been such a long time since i've seen such ignorance in a group of people. Just so you know, when we play, not even Jesus will be able to save you. It's one thing to talk about me, but don't you ever disrespect my girlfriend like that. This is the only warning you will recieve. If that **** happens again, you better pray to YOUR GOD that you never meet me in person.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
You guys are being dumb, but I understand it from biohazards ptw, as Rey posted for no reason at all.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
ooo, ^^watch out for this guys fellas, he's tough! especially witha goku avatar, he might kamehameha you to death.

Rey don't be hating since you don't have a gf who is pregnant and that your still a virgin lol.

btw, i'm kidding take this post as a joke not seriously.

Top Bottom