• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
This was my first time I ever played while being recorded, so I was nervous. Which explains why I did so badly. No johns, Icy is a great Peach, but just to clarify the "stupid mistakes" I made. :)

Fall

Smash Ace
next smashfest rey should say that to the dm crew's faces
Kami your bowser was hella good definetly the best one ive ever seen

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Victor no johns. But I'll cancel it out with my john. You're the first fox I've ever played who waveshined. So...my lack of experience did me in.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
yeah my match was horrid. But in the beginning i didn't do very well. Anyways....my crew might be hosting another tourney sometime soon. Maybe november.

mybi0hazard

Smash Cadet
Rey, I find it very amusing that you chose to sit behind your monitor and talk ****. It would be different if you CAME and BEAT SOMEONE. Just a guess but i'm going to say that you are a overweight teenager whose **** happen to be bigger than my pregnant girlfriend.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Lawl at Shawn.

Haha, Victor no johns. But I'll cancel it out with my john. You're the first fox I've ever played who waveshined. So...my lack of experience did me in.
Haha, if you look at the videos, I f***ed up so many waveshine combos it's embrassing. :ohwell:

Edit: Icy, are you going to post the vids of us in your thread?

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Alright Victor, that's what I thought you'd say. Remember? We both knew everyone would say they were sandbagging that day, and wow, guess what?

Other than that...Yes, I'm putting vids up as we speak...and maybe inside STW too.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Alright Victor, that's what I thought you'd say. Remember? We both knew everyone would say they were sandbagging that day, and wow, guess what?
Heh, I didn't say I was sandbagging. Besides, my nervous john is just as bad as your "never played a good Fox" john. So I think we're even. :p

Tacoom

Smash Lord
hmm, If some of you guys were to plan one of these fest 3 weeks in advance. I might be able to make it.

You guys are coming to Pure pwnage on the 2nd, right?

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Well Tacoom, Fall doesn't want to drive and I doubt my parents will want to drive us. So I don't know what we're going to do as of now.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
I refuse to put any video of me getting ****ing 4 stocked on smashboards. VIctor'll have to do that himself.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Out of our 20 matches, I lost around 5, yet 3 of my losses are recorded. How is that fair?

And I don't think my 4 stock ownage was recorded. :)

Edit: Holy crap, I didn't know Icy was talking about THAT vid!!! :p

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
....Kintehr...could you please put that vid somewhere less blatantly obvious...like maybe STW? It's embarassing.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well having some of my worst mistakes ever recorded on video is embarassing too. >_<

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
NO! The horror...also...the vids of me playing Victor (except 4stock) are on Youtube, just search for V2K and Ice9.

Echo

Smash Champion
everyone makes mistakes on vids, people mess up. people SD. **** happens. for you to get your "perfect video" it would take you atleast 3000 tries. Just let the vids go up and move on with your life.

and this isnt directed to icy, this is goin out to victor. you need to chill out dude lol

Echo

Smash Champion
icy, please come to NE dude, i know 2 things i could show you have you instantly ****ting on Victors fox. nothin against victor or anything, but i just keep seein it in these vids, and i NEED to show you this.

Echo

Smash Champion
You're the one that never wants to bother with us Nebraskans, why would I offer it? And besides, I play peach much more than I play fox, so naturally I watched the peach player, and it just gave me that little twitch every time I could have seen **** lol

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
You're the one that never wants to bother with us Nebraskans, why would I offer it?l
Um, what? I've been to Omaha twice for Smashfests. I haven't been over more because you guys are not organized and it's hard to find chances to go.

Also, I (along with Des Moines and the East side of Iowa) are trying really hard to make it to YOUR tournament. So don't tell me I don't bother with Nebraska when it feels like I'm not even wanted.

Geez.

Edit 2: Yeah, JBM's been once or twice. So you'd have to accuse him of caring the same amount I do.

Of course I want Icy to get better, but at the same time I want to get better. Withholding advice just because you hate Fox (or whatever lame reason you can come up with) seems like bad sportsmanship.

Echo

Smash Champion
JBM attends every NE tournament since he's entered competitive smash. I'm not gonna have an internet conflict with you victor lol, soorrrry for trying to be nice and helpful to one of your crewmates. You really dont want them to get better, do you

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
You kids are so nice to each other. ;P

Just wanted to post that Dubuque's gonna start doing monthly SSBM tourneys (4th Monday of every month) starting in September. $2.00 entry fee, $1.50 goes towards prize money and $0.50 goes towards a TV/equipment fund (trying to get another TV there, one doesn't have sound anymore).

Here are the links:

http://www.iowagamers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61
(Monthly tourney schedule)

http://www.iowagamers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=337
(Thread for tourney on September 28th)

Also, I just got done reading the Iowa thread (holy thread necro, Batman!) way down at the bottom...I lolled heartily at the guy who thought EarthBowser was a girl. ^_^

And thanks again to Aaron for coming down and beating the crap out of us. And taking my money. ;P

Tacoom

Smash Lord
hmm Ill have to plan ahead. Ill be making a visit to cedar falls at some point (Yay EB! ^-^) to hang with my buddy Scott. Ill get EB to come with me

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Alright, quick post. I might have a smashfest this Saturday, depending on how many want to come...I live at 1164 Kyle Dr. NE, Iowa CIty, Iowa, 52240. Send an email at icy.icicle@gmail.com...organize with V2K...AIM me at icykirbyking, whatever. Just come somehow! Haha. Extra Tv +GCN would be good too. We could have a really small tourney if enough people come...

Top Bottom