• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Ive got to get in this deal... Oct or Nov Ill try to host one up here in Sioux City, Ia... The Koolest place around

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Results!

Thanks for coming everyone. I think everything went well.

Here are the results to our small double elimination tourney:

1st: V2K
2nd: kintehr
3rd: Maze
4th: zyroqwa
5th: Fall
5th: Dv02
7th: mybi0hazard

We used round-robin seeding. I think David would have gotten 2nd, but since he left an hour before we finished, he had to forfeit his remaining games.

Also, Ian and Tim were too lazy to play for 5th and 6th place. Heh.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
That's alright, I understand how far away Des Moines is. I'll see him this Saturday anyway.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
Results from the double elimination mini-tournament:

1. V2K
2. Earthbowser
3. Kintehr
4. Icy_Icicle
5. Dv02
5. Fall
7. Kamikaze Falco
7. Fidi
9. SA-X
9. mybi0hazard
9. British Bob
9. Frostbyte
13. Tananda
13. zyroqwa

Zyroqwa was disqualified due to not appearing for his matches and driving around Waterloo being lost instead. Victor won two frozen Reeses' Big Cups, the most I could afford, after some riveting finals matches against Earthbowser.

Thanks everyone for coming, it was a much bigger Smashfest this time around. Sorry we couldn't get competitions started sooner. Photos will be uploaded Sunday, friendlies videos soon to come.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Congratz to V2K, too bad we live like 3 hours away from each other, i really wanna play with everyone from iowa.

iowa represent.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Today was awesome everyone. My peanut butter cups were delicious. I can't wait to see the pictures (especially the group photo I made you guys take), and the vids.

I think there's a mistake in the results; I think Fall placed above Dv02. Oh well, doesn't matter too much.

Shoutouts:

GOOD JOB to the Des Moines guys, I am very proud of how you guys could show off in the name of Central Iowa.

Kintehr: Great smashfest, biggest gathering of Iowans ever! Sorry if it seems it seemed like I was "running the show" or something, but about 3 hours into the fest, I didn't think the brackets would have gotten started if I didn't bother people about it. :p

EarthBowser: Wow, really close matches. Great Luigi, as always. Intense finals. I still think that "Fox falls too fast." Heh.

Icy_Icicle: If a guy keeps telling you that he sucks over AIM every single day, you know that he's good. I was right, 4th place is not bad! I enjoyed our around 20 matches, good stuff. I even lost a few...stupid Brinstar and the acid. But no johns, you are a good Peach. You will break the 2-stock curse yet!

Fidi: Your Fox is awesome, almost the same level as my Fox in terms of technical skill. Keep working on that waveshining!

zyroqwa: Too bad you couldn't show up on time, I'm sure you would have had a good fight for 4th or even 3rd place.

Keokuk guys: Good to see you guys again, keep training!

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...ok...but I'll figure out what to do against your Fox...don't worry. I mean...instead of using my oppurtunities to hurt you out of shield...I rolled away, to be punished again...You'll see. You'll go down next time we play. And I'll have more experience, as this was literally my first time against a Fox who could...play well.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Man...looks like kintehr won't have the vids ready by today, unless she's been secretly working on them all day. We should start planning another fest, but it probably won't happen, since people have to go back to wherever they go for school...like Kintehr and ISU.

How would you rank your crew JBM?

The only thing I can guess is you'd be first.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Um...okay...I'm not from Des Moines, so ha. And...that was...a triple post...bad...

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
actually the last post of Reys was me. So it only was a double post. I accidently thought i was signed in on mine but it was his. And what crew is mybioHazard in? Oh and icy that comment from Rey wasn't directed at you.

And special thnx to Kintehr for the smashfest. It was great. Besides the way the TOURNAMENT WAS SET UP! but it wasn't your fault. It was Victors! Double Eli was good. And specially setting up the tourney matches!?!? WTF?!? not cool

British Bob

Smash Cadet
Besides the over use of fox that I seen the smashfest was pretty good. I'm glad that there was some drinks and some food. I liked the pizza. I had like three pieces. If we hadn't gotten lost I could of played more people. Thank you Barnes and Noble for the pay phone and phone book.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Hey Desmoines Queers Not Everyone From Keokuk Smells Bad

So Dont Say The Guys From Keokuk
Hey Rey Chill out will ya you weren't even there so he wasn't talking about you any ways.

In any case some of us smelled bad I'm not pointing any fingers cause I probably smelled bad too but a long car ride will do that it was hot yesterday(and my car not having AC in it didn't help) in any case Well have to make sure this doesn't happen again well all just have to bring extra Deodorant and stuff to put on when we get there for our next Journey.

I had a fun time even though I sucked I really should stick with just one or two characters.
Can't wait intill next time.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
But I have to say FAll that bowser vs marth match was fun. haha It was CLOSE. I love bowser. He is way underrated but I try to do my best with him.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Just to point it out, kinther fixed the results.

Hey Not Everyone From Keokuk Stinks You Des Moines Idiots
Thanks for calling us "queers" and "idiots". You didn't even come, probably because you were too afraid to get ***** by me and my "idiot" friends. :rolleyes:

For the other cool Keokuk guys, I know that mybi0hazard didn't mean to harshly offend anyone with his post.

And special thnx to Kintehr for the smashfest. It was great. Besides the way the TOURNAMENT WAS SET UP! but it wasn't your fault. It was Victors! Double Eli was good. And specially setting up the tourney matches!?!? WTF?!? not cool
Wait, what? Double elimination was used, along with seeds. kinther just wanted a random double elimination, but I suggested seeding and she agreed.

I have played everyone there multiple times and I have a feel for everyone's skill level, so I seeded you guys. I even asked people, "Are you better than him? If so, I'm going to seed you higher."

Then, kinther looked over how I seeded it for any final changes. When she thought it was fine, the bracket was created by the program, "Tournament Maker 2.0"

Besides, the results (with one or two upsets) were EXACTLY the same as the list I made for seeding.

How else would you run a tourney?

Echo

Smash Champion
cmon guys those people are wanting to come to the NE tourney, so doooo it :D

but yeah congrats to those who placed, was there a doubles tourney? I only saw results for singles. Oh well, hopefully we'll get to see you guys in Columbus.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
About the smell, let's just remember it next time, and I'll make a point to have some manly perfumes visibly available if anyone feels the need to use it (there were some available, you guys had to subtly give secret hand signals, though). I couldn't tell, because I can't smell (seriously) and I keep a pretty good distance to begin with.

About the tournament arrangements, I did use Tournament Maker 2.0 and agreed with Victor to seed and monitored everything very closely. Thank you to Victor for helping me run the tournament. I'll see if I can do more of it next time. There were no hidden changes and the matchups were balanced in my opinion. Here is the bracket, if you want to look it over.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/kintehr/Iowa%20Smashfest/tourney.png

There wasn't enough time to run a doubles tourney. If there is a next time we'll have more of a schedule to include it.

I uploaded the fest photos to photobucket:
Photos!

And am working on videos. I will post the links to them in this thread as soon as the bulk of them are done: I guess who wants them can do what they want with them.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that bracket has all of our real names! Cool.

Yeah, next time we need doubles. If I can get David to care about going outside of Des Moines, city crews would be awesome as well.

Edit: The photos rock. Sorry if it seems like I'm the "center of attention" in them, but everyone else sort of shifted away from the middle while we were taking those photos, just leaving me. :p

Anyway, I think the best group photo is "P8190178.jpg". It has some of the best expressions. Also, be sure to look for a group photo where you can see all of EarthBowser's face, hilarious pose.

Everyone left to right, if anyone cares: SA-X, kamikaze falco, Frostbyte, Brittish Bob, Tananda, Dv02, mybi0hazard, V2K, Fall, EarthBowser, Fidi, Icy, zyroqwa, kintehr

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Victor, thanks for telling everyone what I look like. I really don't appreciate it XD

Top Bottom