• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Man, I really need to learn the Falco matchup; I got wrecked by every Falco I played. I also gotta learn to edgeguard properly (i.e. not going for an offstage fair every single time).

I don't think I said bye to anyone when I left, so here it is: later guys, it was nice playing you!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
travist: thank you so much for that ride. i was able to talk to the guy at the front desk and i didn't pay the late fee. thank you.

also i saw cameron and jenny at the wing place near bdc tofu house. lol

it was great seeing whatisbrian again and playing him a lot.

i wanna play connor more since he that me to play more aggresive

everyone else: sup. i <3 949

also those who voted melty blood for that srk. i love you more. melty blood is now in the official evo lineup.

=D

see you all till next time

DJMirror

Smash Master
Hey GSUB for the Design of the intro, players title pic and Ending pic

Intro = go crazy

Ending = go crazy

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
lol. mccain you gotta make nana dair for the chaingrab! that way its like.. a guaranteed regrab if you dont mess up i think. especially on sheik. EVERYBODY GO TO THE UCSD TRIWEEKLY BECAUSE I DIDNT GET TO GO GO IRVINE YESTERDAY!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ICs can chaingrab sheik without nana doing **** (however, if you time it right, you can make Nana do the dsmash during the part of the throw where they cant be knocked out to tack on some 15ish percent)

and the dair chaingrab is pretty guaranteed on falcon unless they have beastly sdi (i dunno if its even possible to escape with sdi)

GSUB

Smash Lord
Yesterday was so fun...
Great seeing you again Dave! Although I didn't play too well against you =/
Whatisfear I almost had you!!!!!!!! Then I bobacked it... And it was all downhill from there....
Thanks for the matches Connor =) I feel I've improved a lot!
MacD: <3 Except your dumb sheik just stands there and wins... lol. I probably shoulda camped you.
ComboFest: You seem to gave gotten a lot better! Geh... I do not like Falcon though... Haha.
Jkun: Thanks for the friendlies! It's just that we never play, ever, and I'm just curious where I stand within the community.
Zhuuuuuu: Thanks for the advice! Compliments make me happy =)
Signia: OMG Thank you for the ride! And dumb rain made that drive home insane...
Rei: Dumb Marth... Hahaha. PICK A MAIN >=O
SENG: IT'S A TRAP!
Kangix: Ness lol. Keep it up ;]

And JDM you're too cool for having us all over. I'm sorry about bringing Deadshot and GHAD. I need to get them to post more on smashboards; or at least look. (I took into consideration charles and someone else saying they couldn't come. still not cool though. Sorry.)

G~low

Smash Apprentice
Pffft, I meant Deadshot <3333
I want to see Mike do good (well)! haha. Hopefully he got some good training in last night.
Cause Jason was saying get ***** GREV, blah blah blah, but I was happy for Mike, not jealous or anything like Jason implied.
I want him to improve so I can =D

That one day everyone went to stabs for that little Grev smashfest he got 3-0'd by everyone lol, but he can **** so hard when he is playing flawlessy, its annoying.

In short I want that man to **** me lmfao.

Oh yea, I don't have my phone with me so people callin meh its not my faullt >_>

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Don't even lie connor. You always go for cool stuff like reverse slap and wall jump -> anything lol

I can name like 5 sheiks gayer than yours. Yours is one of the cooler ones.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Kira
M2K
Drephen
Reno
Tafo

there i just name the 5 gay sheik players haha

@JDM i'm sorry if i'm one of those people!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Yesterdays tourney was awesome, I personally loved it and I think it's a great idea cause everyone gets more experience and it's FREE and it's in a nice, comfortable venue. Sorry JDM if I didn't directly tell you I was coming over- please send me your # so I can re-add it and I'll give you a call next time.

Next time I'll start a pizza order for everyone- that would be bomb.

Connor's sheik is the best in socal, i swear he plays her exactly the way sheik should be played. We both learned quite a bit about Sheik's matchups yesterday; definitely good stuff.

Kira
M2K
Drephen
Reno
Tafo
mm i think tope is gayer than reno but the rest is pretty good lol

no euro sheiks go on that list ever

well i dont know anyone that makes ranked/pro players look stupid like you do man lol. sure people get ****ed up, but you like.. look into their mind, see what theyre gonna do, and plan a way to make them look dumb. like a young pc chris .. only sheik. its your ability to put people down with your simple play thats what makes you, you! and thats what combo videos are really about right? showcasing what makes you a good player by stringing together cool combos/kills you've gotten on people. btw.. i still wanna see that video made.... "dave: hes smarter than you" ... make it happen!
lol thanks man... comparing me to pc chris dude how did you know that would be the perfect compliment haha. Actually his sheik is nothing like mine but still that's awesome

edit - my playstyle is also nothing like his but who cares i'll take it =P

D

Deleted member

ICs can chaingrab sheik without nana doing **** (however, if you time it right, you can make Nana do the dsmash during the part of the throw where they cant be knocked out to tack on some 15ish percent)

and the dair chaingrab is pretty guaranteed on falcon unless they have beastly sdi (i dunno if its even possible to escape with sdi)
i have done this a lot of times, just need to go completely crazy and you will go halfway across the screen

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
This was so fun, but it's too bad Zhu had to leave early. He's super friendly for some reason.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
yesterday was really fun. thank you jdm for hosting and ggs to all the ppl i got to play. o and the mini tourney was a great idea too.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I had the first couple that got messed up but they were still really good.

And dang, Dave is too smart. He actually comes out to say bye to my father as I'm leaving and my dad spends the whole time saying "He sure seemed like a nice guy". LOL

My father: Hmm, is he japanese?
Me: No, he's korean.
My father: Oh, he must be one of those high-class koreans

A day in the life.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
awww im SO sad i couldnt be there... :(

my one time to meet ranked players personally and i miss it -.-

hey JDM, even though i wasnt there, i'd rather know what im doing wrong/what could be improved as a guest cause its really really generous of you to have all of us over and i'd rather be a good guest than not... (im still working on saying hi to your parents more but i get nervous haha) and if im doing something wrong, try to (but you dont have to) tell me nicely cause sometimes i take criticisms badly =(

haha, but yeah hopefully something awesome can happen again!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I had the first couple that got messed up but they were still really good.

And dang, Dave is too smart. He actually comes out to say bye to my father as I'm leaving and my dad spends the whole time saying "He sure seemed like a nice guy". LOL

My father: Hmm, is he japanese?
Me: No, he's korean.
My father: Oh, he must be one of those high-class koreans

A day in the life.
wooooooooooow LOL that's hilarious.

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
Who has the clips that were recorded friday?
i had a combo vs macd... with ness... i need that clip. :D

Top Bottom