• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

MacD

Banned via Administration
well if your car is full i can pick up gsub/maple on the way out if maple is at home

stab we'd get back late, those things last late and we would probably go out to eat and get back late, like earliest 11 i'm thinking

hard to say, i gotta get off work and i'm going to be cutting it reeeeeeaaaaaal close to being too late for teams, though i'm not going to be because apparently mango thinks him and dunskies can beat me and lucky, lololololololololololol

jason, what was up with that "baby oh baby XD" stuff

DJMirror

Smash Master
well if your car is full i can pick up gsub/maple on the way out if maple is at home
That sound good hmm I'll think about putting GSUB with you (if he's ok with that of course)

mango thinks him and dunskies can beat me and lucky, lololololololololololol
**** Alex19 is way better then Dunskies, I think Mango should reconsider that haha

jason, what was up with that "baby oh baby XD" stuff

Korean Pop haha

DJMirror

Smash Master
oh cuz i was listening to it and i was like in the mood to say it haha

are you working every saturday for now on since they dont give you much hours?

MacD

we'll see, turns out the weekend leads are in charge of the weekend scheduale and so they gave me sat cause they know i want more hours, so good and bad

i can probably stop working sats if i really wanted too, but we'll see, at the least i'll have my 9:30-12:30 unless i can get the open shift

so we'll see what's going to happen

oh and maple can't go to the tourney, he's got gf johns that night i think

DJMirror

Smash Master
****kkkkkk

So here my Carpool plan

-Me
-JDM
-Stabbedbyatree
-GSUB
-Open Spot?

Someone give me camping training

Squid and Stab! camp the **** out of me with falco!
JDM! just camp the **** out of me
Kira! I'll help you cook dinner if you just give that sheik camping practice!
MacD I want you in my carpool =(

*stares at Kira and JDM*

DJMirror

Smash Master
I want to do doubles tho!

**** Zhu, he can drive his poor sucky *** to UCSD by himself!
I really hope he can drive kao and some other players to UCSD

Cam....Vday johns i assume

what about Kao, Connor and the rest of UC Irvine players?

MacD

i'm making it in time for teams *****!!!!

julian idk, he never talks to me

zhu was wishy washy about going

connor probably won't go and if he does he won't enter

idk about the rest

EDIT: i did'nt see your edit, drive me, i got this, i'll find out tuesday what's up with work

DJMirror

Smash Master
FINE ***** YA IN MY CARPOOL!

WHAT TIME DO I HAVE YOU PICK YOUR GOD**** *** UP!!!!!!!!!!!

MY CARPOOL IS NOW:

-Me (gay *** marth)
-JDM (gay *** Fox)
-Stabbedbyajew (Gay *** falco)
-GSUB (Gay *** Puff)
- MacD (Gay *** Peach)

DJMirror

Smash Master
11:16:17 PM Jays0nnn: they all camp
11:16:21 PM Jays0nnn: which it's gay
11:16:22 PM Jays0nnn: and ****
11:16:24 PM Jays0nnn: i can't stand it
11:16:32 PM Jays0nnn: one player after another
11:16:35 PM Jays0nnn: is just a camper
11:16:42 PM Jays0nnn: ehh i need to learn how to camp back
11:17:02 PM stabbedbyahippie: lol
11:17:07 PM stabbedbyahippie: just be agrresive and ****
11:17:10 PM stabbedbyahippie: like shiz
11:18:37 PM Jays0nnn: haha
11:18:48 PM Jays0nnn: look what happen when he did that to m2k
11:18:49 PM Jays0nnn: haha
11:19:01 PM stabbedbyahippie: well god ****
11:19:05 PM stabbedbyahippie: they aint m2k

GSUB

Smash Lord
Hey, let's have a high tier main vs. top tier main crew battle of people in our car :3

Also at that double post: LOL.
And play like PC, not shiz.
And saying everyone camps isn't a legit john... :/
Just imagine how good you'll be when you counter camping >=D

MacD

ok jason, if you are marth you have to sorta camp, it's in your character

if all goes well i'll get off at 11:30, if not then 12, granted if you have to get people after me it's going to be hard cause of time if i get off at 12

also camping is a part of the game, though there are different levels of camping, and there is like agro like me where idk how to back off all the way to pink shinobi vs rockcrock

so me and gsub vs jkun, jdm, and stab... so basically i'll let gsub go first and get 4 stocked, then bring it back and win!!!!!

GSUB

Smash Lord
Well, I won't get four-stocked lol.
Pretty sure I beat them (well, not stab so much, we're even; but I'd take at least three stocks off of him) n_n
(Unless you're wanting to make an epic comeback, lol)

Kira-

Smash Champion
You don't ever counter camping

if the camper is better than you, you'll lose
if the camper is worse than you, you'll win
same as every other style of play

that's all there is to it.

I can camp Connor's Fox all I want but he'll just run me over.
But Jason's Fox can aggro me all he wants and I'll be able to keep him away.

If someone's camping you just read their patterns. Same as anyone else you'll ever play.

D

Deleted member

i counter camping with approach with something so dumb that it might work

like fulljump across the stage into gentlemen

Kira-

Smash Champion
Usually campers are waiting for that one opening that they know works well. So you can find out what it is, then bait it.

For example when I'm camping Marth as Sheik, I wait for the Marth to approach with Fair, cause I know if I'm close enough I can grab him, and if I'm too far they'll dashdance back so I'll boost grab past them.

So doing something like Johnny where he lands close to you then gentelmans is great because i'm trying to grab him during his aerial lag, but instead he empty jumps into an instant gentleman.

Mango used fullhop fairs with Marth against me, this worked really well on FD especially because I was waiting for him to land, but he wouldn't land until I was nearly cornered at the edge (due to his non-fastfalled, fulljump covering so much distance). Once I was stuck near the edge, my options were severely limited. A lot of times I would jump the gun and run into his Fair early, either because I had no stage left to back up, or because he slow-falled his approach so I timed it wrong (expecting a fast fall at some point).

So, going back to your situation Jason, if I'm camping your Marth as Sheik, and you know I'm just waiting to grab you after your fair, then you can bait it with the following:
- short hop, waveland backwards (then punish with grab, uptilt, fsmash, whatever you want)
- Spaced Fair (that is, still do short hop fair, but do it further away from me so you have time to grab/uptilt, dashdance away, jump before i get there). m2k does this a lot (as well as pretty much everyon elol)
- empty short hop (no attack), land to grab/uptilt, dashdance away, jump, fair, anything that will hit me as i'm running towards you)
- also you can use a fulljump, then pull away from me and fair. this creates a kind of dead angle, where i can't hit you no matter what because of the spacing. I can't really punish it if you do another move quick enough. I'll either get hit by the fair from running in too early, or i'll whiff the grab after you land or get hit by a jab/dtilt/uptilt (if you move quick enough). When I see that I usually throw needles, or if I know that they're going to fullhop then i just run up and upair/slap them, but they'd have to use that move a couple times at least before I could confidently just jump up to them out of nowhere.

Or you can decide to avoid that situation all together and just slowly use dashdancing and empty jumps to scare me towards the ledge. Eventually I'll have to:
- Attack. probably dash attack if i think you're close enough. sometimes i like to throw short hop fairs out when i think the marth is going to approach with a short hop fair. then my slap hits them before they use their fair
- Jump. in which case you can start juggling me. either throw out fairs at me or move under me and uptilt or upair
- grab the ledge. which is an advantageous position for you. (even though i personally love the ledge it's always better for me to be on the stage)

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
Cameron you should give me the like 30 minute clip of MacD friendlies.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Jason, I can't carpool with you. =(

I asked my parents and they answered with a resounding no. My mom did this thing she always does where she feels bad and offers to take me but she absolutely refused to let me go with anyone else. >_>

I don't even know if I want to go anymore if I'm making my parents drive me back and forth an hour for a 30 man tournament.

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. He doesn't seem to mind you and marq. I thinks he's just afraid of being called a racist lol
lmao

he thinks youre a hoodlum and cameron's a stoner lol

<3
lol, deadshot's dad thinx evryone in grev are a bunch of stoners and hoodlums except ghad XD

I had my name before I was in Grev

Besides, StabbedbyaG and any variant of that sounds really dumb lol
lol stabbedbyaGoat
Gkoli
Gherigami

DJMirror

Smash Master
kira, who would you say is your least favorite/worst matchup as sheik?
Definitely Ice Climbers... very boring and you have to focus really hard because if you mess up once you die. I personally think it's her worst matchup but I don't think anyone agrees with me.. except maybe Plank(?) and Chu.

Fox would be the second and more popular answer, as it's probably her (2nd) hardest matchup, but it's definitely doable and kind of not that hard in some ways. But obviously very few sheiks have actually mastered it (aka put the theory into practice) even though it's something like 53-47 in Fox's favor (imo).

Everything else is pretty clearly in sheik's favor so i like them all. Any floaty is easy, and once you figure out the Falco matchup it's probably like 60-40 in sheik's favor. And of course low tiers =)

Oh yeah and I like sheik dittos, but not in friendlies, cause I only like to cg. Which I would like to practice every once in awhile to make sure my reactions are extra crispy. Connor where u at

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
The man offered you a seat on his lap... And you turn it down...?

So rude Kangix...
as endearing as his offer was,
I've always wanted to ride in the trunk of a car.
I apologize for my rudeNess lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
stab i saw your avi while in costa mesa.

its from some tutoring company, right?

Top Bottom