• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yeah, I played another 3 hours of smash today as well. Then I hung out with Axe and played Rock Band in the lounge. He's 4th best in Arizona for Melee, btw. Placed 33rd in Genesis with his Pikachu. Beat Jman. Pwned. Yeah, Sig, get AIM. And btw, in our little downstairs of the Student Union, we have about 20 pool tables, big screen TV, couches, DDR, Soul Calibur II (25 cents per play), Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, Time Crisis 3, and more. This pwns so much. I miss you guys and all, but the only thing I need to make this college experience perfect is to buy a TV and have internet for my Xbox. Oh yeah, and I met Forward today and got 4 stocked by his Fox...I'm going to get good by the time I get back. Axe has the exact same philosophy as I do: Melee every day! Come visit me, guys!

D

Deleted member

to irvine people:

invite me to some of ur smashfests :< want to get good especially vs peach/shiek

JDM

Smash Champion
You should probably start off learning basic 2D fighters instead of advanced VS games.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
learning the game you want.

no point in going to another game to learn basics you'll learn them as you play and practice.

that's like telling someone learn brawl before melee.

just go for it.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Playing SF IV helps alot cuz you'll learn the basic

then playing MVC2 or GGXXAC gives you tech skill

Soul Calibur teaches you how to read alil better

JDM

Smash Champion
I just got Lameboy working so now I can play GB/GBC games on my DS and it *****.

Power Quest > SF Alpha, SFII, KoF95 for GB fighters.

Recommend me some good GB games.

D

Deleted member

Top Tier:

Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening (DX)

Pokemon Trading Card Game

High Tier:

Dragon Warrior MONSTERS

Pokemon Red/Blue -- Gold/Silver/Crystal

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Kirby's Dream Land

Middle Tier:

Wario Land Games

Survival Kids

Dragon Warrior 3

Low Tier:

Dragon Warrior 1+2

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Pokemon TCG and G/S/C were both good. According to Gspot land...gamespot...Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons was good, as was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. Apparently Metal Gear Solid's good too. Idk.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i had zelda oracle of ages. it was good. i heard seasons was better.

you can do some transfer thing between both games.

i forgot what though.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
-kira

Cameronnnnn Smash Todayyyyz?
it was fun, you did well in teams. connor usually doesn't dish out compliments very easily lol

Kira train me =)
ask cam every day if you can come over lol
i have time on m/w/f, now that i got my schedule straightened out

i'll train u for sure

Kira's training me. Mine. Come out to Tucson and teach a Sheik class.
you ask good questions. in fact, you're the only one who asks specific questions. helps me give a good answer

that reminds me,
-Rei- what did you learn from watching me in upland? im curious

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i was watching your match against hugo.

so i learned to needle samus from platforms to keep adding damage. also as an edge guard

and when you get a grab its almost a free hit from there.

also where to di some of her hits such as grabs.

iono i just watched your reactions mostly.

btw come over. i'm playing with jason.

btw when okami comes back from AZ

I'm so going to get ****ed up so bad =(

- JKUN

DJMirror

Smash Master
I'm free around 1-2 pm then i have work at 5pm and i get out around 9ish for m, tu, w, th

Friday i'm free til 5pm

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
kira again

what times on wednesday and friday?
MW I get out at 9:30 am and that's my only class those days. Friday I get out at 11am. i'll hit you up next time i play, but let me know when you're free too and remind me so i dont forget

Can i come over too? whenever you guys have free time
HELL YES, come when derrick comes, we pretty much have 2 permanent smash setups not including a bigass HD screen where people play other games, and teams will always be fun if you two come

connor is like always here too btw

MAPLE

Smash Apprentice
Yo What up Irvine! In case people give a s***, I have jut moved from San Diego to Lake Forest. I am not good, but perhaps playing the game more than ounce every two weeks up hear will change that??? Anyway, just wanted to say hello Irvine peeps, look forward to meeting/playing/getting to know you guys better. Please hit me up (760) 277-1952

Top Bottom