• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
So I was wondering if 2/27 - not this Saturday, but the next - would be a good day to hold a Melee tournament at UCI... The club I'm trying to work with was (and still is) struggling to get their SF4 tourney running functional, so if it falls through, I will push for a Melee tournament to be held that day instead. I know it might be short notice, but your guys' feedback would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I remember meeting a few of you guys when there was a Brawl tourney being pubbed on campus with a Melee station. If Melee proves to be the true tournament, I hope to see/play you guys there!

JDM

Smash Champion
There are no brawl players in Irvine.Every active smash player I know here only plays melee. A tourney on the 27th would be good. (But I will be at a SF4 tourney that day)

The one thing I don't like about your tournies is the random seeding. If you can get one of us to do it it would be a much better experience.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
So I was wondering if 2/27 - not this Saturday, but the next - would be a good day to hold a Melee tournament at UCI... The club I'm trying to work with was (and still is) struggling to get their SF4 tourney running functional, so if it falls through, I will push for a Melee tournament to be held that day instead. I know it might be short notice, but your guys' feedback would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, I remember meeting a few of you guys when there was a Brawl tourney being pubbed on campus with a Melee station. If Melee proves to be the true tournament, I hope to see/play you guys there!
sounds good. youre part of fusion yeah? sweet deal. i probably met you haha

There are no brawl players in Irvine.Every active smash player I know here only plays melee. A tourney on the 27th would be good. (But I will be at a SF4 tourney that day)

The one thing I don't like about your tournies is the random seeding. If you can get one of us to do it it would be a much better experience.
haha, i remember there was a brawl player in irvine who came to this thread, only to find that we're all melee players... im sure there are brawl players here, just not as active as we are (or as cool... jk)

as for the seeding, as long as i dont play stab first round ill be happy :D (unless i get better than him by then) :p

edit: noob questions: what does cgc stand for? and nct (norcal tournament?)?

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Yeah, I remember that the random seeding was a major complaint the club has received from past tournaments. I'll make sure to that they'll have one of you guys to work with when they next run one. Who would I normally talk to for this kind of thing?

I'm going to bring up the Melee tournament today and see if it can be switched. I'd rather want Melee to be run anyway.

Thanks guys!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
depending on who goes, any of the ranked players or experienced TO could seed the tournament

DJMirror

Smash Master
nah I'm horrible at seeding

at one of the All The Way gaming tournament (Festizzo) I seed the bracket and stuff, it was a really bad job =/

DJMirror

Smash Master
sure

my carpool is

Me
Connor
Maple? (Depending if he's going or not)
Rei
Squid
Zhu? (i doubt it but hey who knows?)

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
So the switch to Melee tournament for 2/27 is pretty much confirmed if I can get it up and ready to pub by tomorrow... And I really want to push for it. Before I make a tournament listing post, there's some tourney stuff I'd like to know about before I make the rule set and what not. Is there a rule set that you guys would all agree upon is best to use? I used to go to the triweeklies at UCSD back in high school and I'm still familiar with it for the most part. As someone mentioned earlier, CGC is the following week, so if you guys wanted to use the CGC rule set instead (if it's anything really different) as a practice for it, that'd work. The room is basically under rent from about 11-10pm so is doubles wanted or no? I know the club usually has about 6 set-ups on average with the option for people to bring their own.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i like pound 4 rules =D

since there is enough time doubles would be great

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Bah, I just got out of class. I think I'm going to run with a rule set that's based off of Pound 4. It should be up tonight after I finish some hw that is unfortunately due in like 3 hrs. You guys can make comments on there about anything that raises eyebrows. I should be on AIM, too, if anything. Thanks for the help!

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
To 949 : Ghad wanted me to tell you, since he couldnt himself, tht hes grounded till september for grades and won't be allowed to smash anymore until then, so
so that is his half-*** farewell adress through I Ekoli, a boy with a dream...
Btw, duz anyone want to go scooby on my shaggy?

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
@Incronaut: Yea, his parents are heated at him for not making the grades hes expected to, so hes pretty much done from now until like GREV 37 XD

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
So I got around to posting the tourney thread. I also managed to leave out the date on the thread's title in my state of fatigue and I have no idea how to fix that, but I'll PM a mod or something later. Take and look give feedback if any.

Edit - Goodnight/Good morning.

GSUB

Smash Lord
So I got around to posting the tourney thread. I also managed to leave out the date on the thread's title in my state of fatigue and I have no idea how to fix that, but I'll PM a mod or something later. Take and look give feedback if any.

Edit - Goodnight/Good morning.
go back and edit the original post, but then hit "Go Advanced"
and you can edit the title there.

good morning n_n
yawnnn....

gehhh.... to anyone who cares... I've dropped half my classes and am only enrolled in two now,
so that I can get a full time job until next fall, so that I can go to OCC for Culinary Arts.

It was a hard decision... But I went through with it.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
go back and edit the original post, but then hit "Go Advanced"
and you can edit the title there.

good morning n_n
yawnnn....

gehhh.... to anyone who cares... I've dropped half my classes and am only enrolled in two now,
so that I can get a full time job until next fall, so that I can go to OCC for Culinary Arts.

It was a hard decision... But I went through with it.
Thanks GSUB. If you're set on it, then good luck with the culinary arts program. One of my friends last year took the same route and he's having fun with it.

Top Bottom