• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

MacD

Banned via Administration
MacD no offense you stepping in to Arcade Infinity is like Impossible and it something that should never happen, then again it's funny to see MacD try to downsmash with a stick or ps2 control and CC everything and i mean everything

So MM me in Marvel, CVS2, SF4?

Also MM me in Marth ditto
so i'm not the best at my other fighting games, i still have fun playing them... well some of them at least

GSUB

Smash Lord
MacD no offense you stepping in to Arcade Infinity is like Impossible and it something that should never happen, then again it's funny to see MacD try to downsmash with a stick or ps2 control and CC everything and i mean everything

So MM me in Marvel, CVS2, SF4?

Also MM me in Marth ditto
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to CALM DOWN

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Okami, you shouldn't be that sad about moving to Tu c son.

Hell, I wish I could go there right about now.

F orward lives there, and Axe is going to go there for college this coming semester.

Apparently, Ga merguitarist and Je tfour are pretty good.

Everyone else sucks =]

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
im studying for a midterm, otherwise i would love to play today

cameron, connor, and i did all-character crew battles yesterday. that means, 1v1, each person essentially gets 26 people (26 characters), 3 stocks each on their crew. it was pretty nuts. connor and i got mad at each other lol, we play soo gay when we're trying to win. cam was cool tho like always

get at my ganon, luigi, and mario. my sheik sucks in crews =(

But, on the other hand, how would you determine the bottom 5 anyways? Would it be simply from tournament brackets? What if someone is dealt an easy bracket while someone else is dealt a hard one. Hypothetically, let's say that Jkun and I are at an equal skill level. But let's say Jkun gets a bracket in which Mango knocked Connor down to loser's bracket first round and Jkun loses to Kira. Jkun is eliminated right away. Let's say, I on the other hand, get a bunch of people around my skill level and make it through 4 rounds, only to get my rear handed to me by the same people Jkun lost to. Tourney results wouldn't help to show much there.

If we were to do any PR at all, I propose a challenge system. Instead of challenging for money (MM), one can challenge for points. This is how it would work:

1. You can only challenge the same person once every month.
2. When you win against someone your skill, you get one point. If you lose, you lose 1/2 a point.
3. You cannot go below 0 in points.
4. If you beat someone of lower skill, you get a fraction of a point. For example, if #1 beats #30, #1 only receives 1/4 of a point or something to that effect.
5. If you beat someone of higher skill, you get more points. (Self-explanatory)
6. Normal tourney rules apply.

Tell me if there would be any quirks that would be wrong with this.
tournaments are seeded to prevent exactly that type of situation, but hypothetically lets say that did happen. jason loses to me and connor only, you go on and beat 4 unranked players your level. jason wouldn't suffer any losses, we would simply have less to work with to decide where to rank him. you on the other hand, would reap the benefits of your wins, but jason wouldn't be any worse off because of it.

that kind of system can be a ***** to upkeep, and it needs a lot of matches recorded to be able to generate an accurate ranking (everyone would have to play a minimum of 15-25 matches). i suppose you could do like 2 round robins with everyone in the 949 area in the same pool to start things off. i would also suggest that tourney results weigh more heavily than individual challenges. as you can see it would take a lot of effort, but having a different system isn't a bad idea

i think the top 5 people could just play everyone and factor in tourney results to decide. tourney results are, and will always be the ultimate deciding factor

-kira

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm glad that there's a Melee community there. I'm going to try to get together with them all when I get there. I'm sad because I'll be leaving a lot of people behind who are really cool. As I'm leaving August 19th or so, I'd like to say a few words to a few people. Namely...

Signia: You **** as a friend. Thanks for having been there and...ahem...introducing me to this site.
Jkun: My epic rival/partner in crime. During summer, we can continue to make crews and stuff. Next tournament I attend in SoCal, we should team for doubles. Train with Sig for me!
Stab: Thanks for hosting smashfests and tournaments. Your tournaments were awesome because of the food and that they're closer than Connor's.
Connor: Thanks for hosting all the tournaments as well.
Kira: My Sheik mentor. Thank you for teaching me what you could in the time I've been playing. Zenko before I leave.
GSUB: Thanks You're welcome for giving you those rides. However, you taught me the most awesome phrase to express confusion: "I guess..."
JDM: Thanks for the smashfests at your house, even when they were imposed on you. :p
Mango: Thanks for being an inspiration. It's pretty cool to see the #1 in the world at Melee at your local tournaments.

To the following people as well as those above, I'm really glad to have met you:

Psychomidget, Jenny, G~low, Ghad, Bizzaro Flame, Rei, Grila, Ekoli, kirbyraeg, Nasty Nate, S2J, and macd.

I'll be in SoCal during summers, most likely. Maybe during the winter as well. When I get back from AZ, I should be much better. Until I leave, let's smash it up. Peace.

~BW

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Okami, you shouldn't be that sad about moving to Tu c son.

Hell, I wish I could go there right about now.

F orward lives there, and Axe is going to go there for college this coming semester.

Apparently, Ga merguitarist and Je tfour are pretty good.

Everyone else sucks =]
Tucson
Forward
Gamerguitarist
Jetfour

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok Shout outs for Cam's Smashfest Cuz there were so many people

RaQU - Your link is cool
Sniper - Crazy Fox and nice to meet you
Connor - I'll work my way up to the PR little by little and i'll learn the peach match up soon
Lovage - Sexy Shorts
Joe - **** You can't beat mango he's a Joe Counter and get ****ed up by Mango's Link
Mango - Your Link is better then Germs
Nastu - Work johns are not Legit Cuz I work two jobs and six days a week and i still have time for tournaments
Doppelganger - Try to make it to the next tournament
Kira - Puzzle Fighters Tournaments is a Legit Idea
Embracethe12 - We didn't play at all
Cam - Thanks for having me over and great smashfest as usual
Jenny - In N' Out was weird cuz of those people yelling
Zhu - Nice to see you again and your hair cut looks pretty good
MacD - Champ of the Puzzle Fighters, someone should have went to Evo

JDM

Smash Champion
poop x chute (6:06:16 PM): dude you made your sn in 1994?
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:25 PM): ya
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:30 PM): how did you find that out
poop x chute (6:06:34 PM): that's beastly
poop x chute (6:06:35 PM): it says on meebo
poop x chute (6:06:38 PM): under user information
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:42 PM): ****
poop x chute (6:06:45 PM): what were you 3??
poop x chute (6:06:51 PM): or like did your older brother make it or something
poop x chute (6:06:54 PM): ??
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:56 PM): i made this
poop x chute (6:07:04 PM): holy **** how
xKingOfTheNightx (6:07:08 PM): idk
poop x chute (6:07:12 PM): hahahahaha
poop x chute (6:07:34 PM): straight up ridiculous

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
For the record I didn't invite a single person to my house. Everyone just happened to call me on the same day and ask if they could come over.

MacD

it probably lasted a little late for your tastes stab

but jason, kira's doing pretty good now, i still beat him, i need to learn to look at their screen and finish them off if they are almost dead

DJMirror

Smash Master
OK since last night the irvine carpool was a mess so jenny, MacD and I fixed it

MacD's Car - MacD (Driver) Jenny (Alt. Driver) Cam (Alt. Driver) Zhu (Alt. Driver) and Rei (Passager)

Jkun's Car - Jkun (Driver) Kira (Alt. Driver) S2J (Passager) Connor (Passager) and JDM (Passager)

I want to come over but i'm super tired from work

I'll come over tomorrow and play some more

Why does no one tell me about this stuff? T.T
What Mccain said

MacD

OK since last night the irvine carpool was a mess so jenny, MacD and I fixed it

MacD's Car - MacD (Driver) Jenny (Alt. Driver) Cam (Alt. Driver) Zhu (Alt. Driver) and Rei (Passager)

Jkun's Car - Jkun (Driver) Kira (Alt. Driver) S2J (Passager) Connor (Passager) and JDM (Passager)
... mango?

DJMirror

Smash Master
wait you guys are picking up mango as well? wtf where are you guys going to pick him? in your trunk?

JDM

Smash Champion
You can't trunk Mango he won Pound 3.

Maybe Dave/Jason can drive Daves car so there would be 2 extra seats to ride in.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i won't/can't go this weekend. give my spot to mango.

and use kira's car if needed to bring lucky.

JDM

Smash Champion
Sucks.

If anybody has a good thread title they want to replace with the current one, post it and i'll switch it.

Kira-

Smash Champion
stabbed there were way too many people as it was. cam's room was an oven

poop x chute (6:06:16 PM): dude you made your sn in 1994?
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:25 PM): ya
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:30 PM): how did you find that out
poop x chute (6:06:34 PM): that's beastly
poop x chute (6:06:35 PM): it says on meebo
poop x chute (6:06:38 PM): under user information
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:42 PM): ****
poop x chute (6:06:45 PM): what were you 3??
poop x chute (6:06:51 PM): or like did your older brother make it or something
poop x chute (6:06:54 PM): ??
xKingOfTheNightx (6:06:56 PM): i made this
poop x chute (6:07:04 PM): holy **** how
xKingOfTheNightx (6:07:08 PM): idk
poop x chute (6:07:12 PM): hahahahaha
poop x chute (6:07:34 PM): straight up ridiculous
wtf that is ridiculous
you were born to use a computer
i made my first email account like 5 years after that

Top Bottom