• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

D

Deleted member

GGs. Yeah, pretty much everyone does. XD But I mean your G&W was great! Better than any attempts I had with him in previous matches.
Is there any advice you could give me against Yoshi? I have a lot of trouble approaching him with all the eggs.

Also lol @ that one match when you 9-hammer'd me.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Is there any advice you could give me against Yoshi? I have a lot of trouble approaching him with all the eggs.

Also lol @ that one match when you 9-hammer'd me.
Of course, the eggs are so good as a defensive apporach option.

I can at least tell you that with Yoshi (incase you haven't noticed), I'm a very aggresive character. So when my opponent shields from that, it's annoying. I do a lot of short-hop to neutral air or foward-airs. Predict those, and shield and most likely grab. It's very effective, and it's something I probably should get out of the habit of doing.

The Eggs? Hmmm, well I tend to do that away from you in terms of pressure. In other words, I'm throwing my eggs saying in my mind "GET THE F**K AWAY FROM ME!" Try getting to me and then shield at the time an egg would hit you.

I hope this at least helps a bit. I'm kind of horrible at explaining things and if someone can provide better Yoshi advice than I can, I'll let that be. For god's sake, Yoshi is at least among the top 5 characters in Sm4sh. Sweet lord he's Brutal.

Overall, the shield is effective. If you already used it, shield more. If you shielded more, shield better. I'm sorry, It's just a little disgusting how shields are so good in this game. How do you even break one?

D

Deleted member

Of course, the eggs are so good as a defensive apporach option.

I can at least tell you that with Yoshi (incase you haven't noticed), I'm a very aggresive character. So when my opponent shields from that, it's annoying. I do a lot of short-hop to neutral air or foward-airs. Predict those, and shield and most likely grab. It's very effective, and it's something I probably should get out of the habit of doing.

The Eggs? Hmmm, well I tend to do that away from you in terms of pressure. In other words, I'm throwing my eggs saying in my mind "GET THE F**K AWAY FROM ME!" Try getting to me and then shield at the time an egg would hit you.

I hope this at least helps a bit. I'm kind of horrible at explaining things and if someone can provide better Yoshi advice than I can, I'll let that be. For god's sake, Yoshi is at least among the top 5 characters in Sm4sh. Sweet lord he's Brutal.

Overall, the shield is effective. If you already used it, shield more. If you shielded more, shield better. I'm sorry, It's just a little disgusting how shields are so good in this game. How do you even break one?
Thanks for the advice, I'll take it into mind when playing in the future. For some odd reason, Yoshi just seems to hate me in this game XD

As for the shields, they are pretty hard to break from what I've noticed (especially Yoshi's sheild, which is considered one of the best in the game). Much of the battle revolves around timing your shields and punishing incoming attacks, which is pretty easy to do against characters that have lots of endlag on their moves. Apparently shields have a bit more endlag than in previous games, but they're still hard to get around in many situations.

But yeah, that was fun! We should play again sometime. :bee:

Last edited by a moderator:

xenn

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0576-5989-1412
xenn

looking for people who are better than me to help me get better by wiping the floor with me. haha

FC- 0576-5989-1412

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Thanks for the advice, I'll take it into mind when playing in the future. For some odd reason, Yoshi just seems to hate me in this game XD

As for the shields, they are pretty hard to break from what I've noticed (especially Yoshi's sheild, which is considered one of the best in the game). Much of the battle revolves around timing your shields and punishing incoming attacks, which is pretty easy to do against characters that have lots of endlag on their moves. Apparently they have a bit more endlag than in previous games, but they're hard to get around in many situations.

But yeah, that was fun! We should play again sometime. :bee:
Yoshi has one of the best shields in the game? Cool! Now YOU gave me advice. Now we're even :p I thank you for telling me about that.

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Can anyone play me?

I'm considering dropping Falco for Fox. I want someone to give me their opinion on which one I play better.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Wow your Duck hunt is great. He's hard to approach.
Yeah, but to answer your question I think you played better with Falco to be honest. There's no harm in playing both but that is what the situation looks like now. Next time really focus on using the cape with mario and apply HEAVY pressure on DH as he relies almost completely on stage control to be effective.

Edit: Everyone starts somewhere:)

Last edited:

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
I'd love to add you guys :3

I'd also love to spar with just about anyone so I can improve my gameplay. I'm somewhere between casual and competitive - I want to play really well, but I don't know a lot of techniques. About a 50% win rate on FG. My mains are Yoshi, Little Mac, and Lemmy, and I play one right after the other each time.

I want to play against anyone, but especially if you're a good Shulk or Zelda player...I can't beat them in FG to save my life. I need to practice.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I'd love to add you guys :3

I'd also love to spar with just about anyone so I can improve my gameplay. I'm somewhere between casual and competitive - I want to play really well, but I don't know a lot of techniques. About a 50% win rate on FG. My mains are Yoshi, Little Mac, and Lemmy, and I play one right after the other each time.

I want to play against anyone, but especially if you're a good Shulk or Zelda player...I can't beat them in FG to save my life. I need to practice.
I'm pretty decent with Zelda and I'm trying to make Shulk my second main. FC is 5155-4371-7357 if you're interested.

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
I'm pretty decent with Zelda and I'm trying to make Shulk my second main. FC is 5155-4371-7357 if you're interested.
Great matches, dude. I feel like I'm more equipped to handle a Zelda now and I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when fighting a Shulk. One of these days I'll figure it out!

I'm up for anyone else who wants to play too! I'll be around for a while, I'm on break and I don't have anything to do today.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Great matches, dude. I feel like I'm more equipped to handle a Zelda now and I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when fighting a Shulk. One of these days I'll figure it out!

I'm up for anyone else who wants to play too! I'll be around for a while, I'm on break and I don't have anything to do today.
Good games, the best thing you can do against shulk is play more defensive when i'm in speed or jump form, I will try to apply a lot of pressure with pivot grabs and aerials but if I'm not safe with them you can shield grab me out of the aerials or just shield + punish in general. That will usually scare a shulk back into neutral or a different art. I could be wrong though as I am still learning shulk but that's something that will shut me down personally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WOOOOOO WINTER BREAK YAAAAAAS (When every other school starts break today and your school makes today an attendance day -.-) Anyone wanna pleiii?

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
Good games, the best thing you can do against shulk is play more defensive when i'm in speed or jump form, I will try to apply a lot of pressure with pivot grabs and aerials but if I'm not safe with them you can shield grab me out of the aerials or just shield + punish in general. That will usually scare a shulk back into neutral or a different art. I could be wrong though as I am still learning shulk but that's something that will shut me down personally.
Yeah, his speed mode is downright intimidating. I'm naturally an aggressive fighter, so it's taken a while for me to learn to be as defensive even as I am right now, but I'm working on it. I think my other big problem is that I haven't gotten Shulk's sword range felt out yet. It's hard to know when to dodge because I don't know when it will hit me. It's always longer than I anticipate.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
@ Metalbro Metalbro GGs, besides ness as a secondary, I still need to practice with greninja a little more, as well as charizard. Between Robin and lucina who do you think I should make my final secondary based on who I played well?

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
@ Metalbro Metalbro GGs, besides ness as a secondary, I still need to practice with greninja a little more, as well as charizard. Between Robin and lucina who do you think I should make my final secondary based on who I played well.
GGs. Hmm.. I have a lot of problems against characters with projectiles so I felt like Robin could have been a huge threat but from what I saw, Your Lucina did a lot of damage to my Ness. I feel like your play style fits her a little better. Maybe it's because you use Marth. So I'd say if you don't care about practicing with 2 Identical characters (Marth and Lucina) you should stick with Lucina.

I noticed you would often retaliate with an attack whenever I'd hit you in the air. I would wait in shield and punish you a lot for it. Try to mix up your landing a bit better.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, his speed mode is downright intimidating. I'm naturally an aggressive fighter, so it's taken a while for me to learn to be as defensive even as I am right now, but I'm working on it. I think my other big problem is that I haven't gotten Shulk's sword range felt out yet. It's hard to know when to dodge because I don't know when it will hit me. It's always longer than I anticipate.
Yeah this game just rewards defensive play, same as brawl. Once someone gets in a good hit though it's easier in this game to follow up from it. A few good Yoshis I see on FG will space with egg throw and if a egg hits they start being aggressive.
As for the sword range you can either try messing around with shulk yourself so you can learn the range, or find other shulks online and get that experience.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGs. Hmm.. I have a lot of problems against characters with projectiles so I felt like Robin could have been a huge threat but from what I saw, Your Lucina did a lot of damage to my Ness. I feel like your play style fits her a little better. Maybe it's because you use Marth. So I'd say if you don't care about practicing with 2 Identical characters (Marth and Lucina) you should stick with Lucina.
Well, I try to be diverse, but then again, i'll go with Lucina as my final secondary. Thanks.

Top Bottom