• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
What's wrong, input lag?
I can't handle combos and can never escape them (hence why my airdodging time is so easily readable), I flat out suck at this game online I can't seem to do anything right, I'm too predictable to read (probably the most predictable smasher out there), I may be coming off as a annoying whiny kid right now, but against good players I'm terrible.

Last edited:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
I can't handle combos and can never escape them, I flat out suck at this game, can't do anything right, I'm too predictable.
First thing, you don't suck, just stop rolling to get across the stage and you'll improve. Also learn how much reach each character has for their moves and the proper response to whiffed attacks. Whenever I jumped for seemingly no reason was to gauge your reaction to see what you would do. Force the other person to make mistakes and you'll do well more often than not.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
First thing, you don't suck, just stop rolling to get across the stage and you'll improve. Also learn how much reach each character has for their moves and the proper response to whiffed attacks. Whenever I jumped for seemingly no reason was to gauge your reaction to see what you would do. Force the other person to make mistakes and you'll do well more often than not.
Yea, but I can't tell if my opponent is making a mistake or not, I'll try not to roll as much, I'll give it 1 more go.

5 min that's enough for a quick bout.

Even though I lost, I got a lil better, I got to learn how to punish my opponents after making mistakes, that match was a good 1, I feel a bit better now.

Last edited:

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
I just got smash 3ds today. Anyone want to play? I have bad internet, so expect lag.

GameSystem 0130 -1798- 7588.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Yea, but I can't tell if my opponent is making a mistake or not, I'll try not to roll as much, I'll give it 1 more go.

5 min that's enough for a quick bout.
Had to go but ggs
Just watch your opponent any move or at any point your opponent cant move after a action you can take that chance as a opening if it wasnt a safe move

Last edited:

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
He's so bad, but fun.
I didn't even mean for that to happen but it worked.

Last edited:

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a bunch. I need a lot of practice if I want to beat real characters. Thanks for playing with me. Last one for me.

Last edited:

KGB

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-7915-9476
Matches were too fun eh? GG's always a pleasure fighting jigs! I was surprised you didn't use rest though. It kills at 60%+
They were reeeeaaally good matches. I'm not really much of a Rest user. It's kinda risky using it if I have +40% and near a ledge xD

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
I have to go now. Do you have any tips for my little Mac, shulk, and pit?

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
I have to go now. Do you have any tips for my little Mac, shulk, and pit?
Your Little Mac was the best character out of the three. Only thing I want to say is that you roll back too much without doing anything afterwards. His ftilt is really good and out-ranges yoshi's dash attack and a bunch of other people's by alot. The general game-plan around bait and punishing works absolutely perfect for him, and you displayed that rather well.

For shulk, I honestly don't play with him hardly at all but I suggest you watch Trela play with him as he's really good. For pit just pressure the opponent with mid range arrows and go in when they start shielding but don't be afraid to reset the position to neutral if things start becoming overwhelming. Otherwise just work on spacing and you'll improve.

Top Bottom