• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
@ AranOcean AranOcean Okay, really have to sleep now. Those were real fun fast-paced games. I'm very familiar with the Mega Man matchup but even so, I'm not entirely used to highly aggressive ones. Had to go back to my actual main, Greninja. One thing for you to keep in mind is that fully charged water shuriken has transcendent priority and so goes through and cancels every single one of your projectiles other than the Leaf Shield which don't interact with each other. Your Pikachu was really good as well and I'd definitely love to play some more in the future. Lol at those 3v1 games though.
I noticed quickly that Mega Man wasn't gonna compete very well against Greninja (a really good one, nonetheless), but hey I had to try haha. Though I am sad I didn't try my Pikachu against your Greninja more. Ah well, I hope to play you again. GGs!

Lol people don't understand how rotations work. Also Flying Man OP doubles partner.

Spirst

I noticed quickly that Mega Man wasn't gonna compete very well against Greninja (a really good one, nonetheless), but hey I had to try haha. Though I am sad I didn't try my Pikachu against your Greninja more. Ah well, I hope to play you again. GGs!

Lol people don't understand how rotations work. Also Flying Man OP doubles partner.
I typically try Duck Hunt first and then go to Greninja if it's hard to keep up as I've started using Duck Hunt seriously for a brief amount of time thus far. I'd love to try Duck Hunt again when I'm more awake if you're available later on tonight. We'll do Pikachu vs Greninja as well as we only got to do it once before other people came in who had no idea what a rotation is.

That was quite hilarious, all of it. No hard feelings @jahmillion415, but come on, you don't attack people who aren't even doing anything.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
lol it's ok, your rosalina is amazing
Any tips against Sonic? I find your spin dash excruciatingly annoying. I've got the timing to punish it with an attack, but it seems spin dash always wins or ties, never loses. I can't exactly shield grab either, as you can just cross me up. It seems I have nothing to say if you just spin dash across the map...Have you found anything in my kit that you find annoying as Sonic? It would help me out a lot.

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Any tips against Sonic? I find your spin dash excruciatingly annoying. I've got the timing to punish it with an attack, but it seems spin dash always wins or ties, never loses. I can't exactly shield grab either, as you can just cross me up. It seems I have nothing to say if you just spin dash across the map...Have you found anything in my kit that you find annoying as Sonic? It would help me out a lot.
Well My Sonic has two types of games, offensive where I spin dash everything to do cheap damage with dash and defensive where I do more grabs and run a lot, Rosalina can stop a lot of my attacks with her jab if I remember but my N-air helps me to aerial attack too. I dunno I suck with rosalina

Spirst

Swat Sonic like the mosquito he is. Seriously, I hate fighting Sonic.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I typically try Duck Hunt first and then go to Greninja if it's hard to keep up as I've started using Duck Hunt seriously for a brief amount of time thus far. I'd love to try Duck Hunt again when I'm more awake if you're available later on tonight. We'll do Pikachu vs Greninja as well as we only got to do it once before other people came in who had no idea what a rotation is.

That was quite hilarious, all of it. No hard feelings @jahmillion415, but come on, you don't attack people who aren't even doing anything.
I would play more, but I have class in the morning, so I should be going to bed now.
Also, I feel what you mean, since I recently picked up Mega Man. I haven't been too happy with Palutena lately, so I've been trying to find another secondary, but Mega Man also sucks. Oh well, guess I just like playing meh characters :p

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Well My Sonic has two types of games, offensive where I spin dash everything to do cheap damage with dash and defensive where I do more grabs and run a lot, Rosalina can stop a lot of my attacks with her jab if I remember but my N-air helps me to aerial attack too. I dunno I suck with rosalina
But...She's on the list!

I'll keep that in mind and try next time to see if the Luma spin ties / beats your spin dash. Would be amazing for the matchup if it was worth doing.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I would play more, but I have class in the morning, so I should be going to bed now.
Also, I feel what you mean, since I recently picked up Mega Man. I haven't been too happy with Palutena lately, so I've been trying to find another secondary, but Mega Man also sucks. Oh well, guess I just like playing meh characters :p
trust me boy just gotta put in the time. i thought falco sucked but hey i think i have a pretty good one now. (i think you faced him)
And there is nothing more invigorating than that one moment when you go ''holy crap i can do that? Ima look into this.'' Keep at it and you will find somthing that will make you like them.
because i can surly tell you palutena, megaman, and or r.o.b are definitly forces to not be reconed with. lol unlike my pit.

Last edited:

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
trust me boy just gotta put in the time. i thought falco sucked but hey i think i have a pretty good one now. (i think you faced him)
And there is nothing more invigorating than that one moment when you go ''holy crap i can do that? Ima look into this.'' Keep at it and you will find somthing that will make you like them.
because i can surly tell you palutena, megaman, and or r.o.b are definitly forces to not be reconed with. lol unlike my pit.
Mega Man sucks to play against, and he sucks when you don't know how to use him.
Good lord, I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction to my comment lol. Anyway, to clarify, I'm just acknowledging that Mega Man is a more difficult character to win with than say Rosalina or Diddy Kong. His flaws are just more noticeable than others.

That being said, he's still a lot of fun to play with and I intend to keep practicing him and learning him. Hell, he's one of the reasons why I'm super excited the Wii U version comes out in a week. Pivot smashing with him is going to be miles easier, for example.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Good lord, I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction to my comment lol. Anyway, to clarify, I'm just acknowledging that Mega Man is a more difficult character to win with than say Rosalina or Diddy Kong. His flaws are just more noticeable than others.

That being said, he's still a lot of fun to play with and I intend to keep practicing him and learning him. Hell, he's one of the reasons why I'm super excited the Wii U version comes out in a week. Pivot smashing with him is going to be miles easier, for example.
i hear mega man has a custom bomb move that actually kills

BobVance_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FingoDingo
3DS FC
3454-1540-6867
Looking for a good competitive match, any takers?

Macorkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Macorkle
3DS FC
2423-4615-5208
Hey guys my name on my 3ds is macorkle and my friend code is 2423-4615-5208 I play ssb3ds, fantasylife , pokemon Y. Add me I'm on a majority of the time.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
lol srry once you switched from your yoshi my drive to face you went really low. i just was really into that mu.
Alright, no biggies. Your pit is good, by the way. When we play next time I'll be sure to use only him. Whenever you were off the stage, I felt it would have been better to preemptively up-b rather than wait until you're in the magnifying glass to try to recover (although it did work once lol). For the yoshi/pit MU, just keep putting on damage while staying on the stage as much as possible to prevent spikes and footstools, as you may have noticed. The second match you did this and almost had me, save for that unfortunate spike at the very end. They were all close games however except for maybe two or so, but overall very fun.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Alright, no biggies. Your pit is good, by the way. When we play next time I'll be sure to use only him. Whenever you were off the stage, I felt it would have been better to preemptively up-b rather than wait until you're in the magnifying glass to try to recover (although it did work once lol). For the yoshi/pit MU, just keep putting on damage while staying on the stage as much as possible to prevent spikes and footstools, as you may have noticed. The second match you did this and almost had me, save for that unfortunate spike at the very end. They were all close games however except for maybe two or so, but overall very fun.
lol don't mind it lol im just being salty im over it xd
thanks.
i generally don't do premtive recoveries since its so shaky with the ledge snap. and requires sharp precision. throw in a head butting yoshi and yeah im gunna wait. pits up b has a nasty habit of not snapping to the edge when i do it a certain way so i guess i made a predictable habit.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Anyone up to help me practice and give me advice on how to improve? Characters I play in order: My main team: :4greninja::4sonic::4lucina::4duckhunt:Playabouts::4pacman::4ness::rosalina::4falco::4robinm:

Spirst

@ AirJay AirJay Okay, that's all I have time for right now seeing as how I need to go make dinner. Those were very good games and I really like the egg pressure you had going on. That said, I think you play too aggressively to the point of it being really predictable. It got me during the first 3 games, but afterwards, I felt like I had you figured out which is never a good thing in a game like this. For example, you would get too focused on getting a KO that you would throw out hits and then try to chain it into the down-b when I wasn't even hit in the first place. If you managed to slow it down a bit and play more focused, I feel it would help your game.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
@ Spirst Spirst Playing slow against greninja just seems like a bad idea in my mind at least there is no way to play slow against a character who can rush you down easily those water shurikens were killing me even though i had time to shield them i couldnt avoid the grab I could have played slow but in that mu i dont think it would help much what i think my problem was during those matches is that i tried to rush a kill knowing yoshi doesnt have many kill options GG's though those were really fun games hope to play you again some time

Top Bottom