• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Bufu_Man

Smash Ace
good games dude... ur the best person on this site i played so far by quite a margin, unfortunately my battery was about to die and it only charges if its off =/

Cant believe i cant grab u after i blocked ur upsmash before i eat a jab... I mean i was on the edge so i didnt get pushed back. the recovery on that move is insane, so is the range and kill power.

Spirst

good games dude... ur the best person on this site i played so far by quite a margin, unfortunately my battery was about to die and it only charges if its off =/

Cant believe i cant grab u after i blocked ur upsmash before i eat a jab... I mean i was on the edge so i didnt get pushed back. the recovery on that move is insane, so is the range and kill power.
Thanks! Good games, yeah. You're really good with Mii Brawler and that's a character I have never ever versed until now so I had to figure out the matchup as I went along. I started getting the hang of it near the end but not entirely. I keep misjudging the time it takes for you to be able to react out of your down b.

Yeah, you can act out of Greninja's usmash before the animation is entirely over. For the incoming patch though, he can only react once his water swords are put away.

Bufu_Man

Smash Ace
Thanks! Good games, yeah. You're really good with Mii Brawler and that's a character I have never ever versed until now so I had to figure out the matchup as I went along. I started getting the hang of it near the end but not entirely. I keep misjudging the time it takes for you to be able to react out of your down b.

Yeah, you can act out of Greninja's usmash before the animation is entirely over. For the incoming patch though, he can only react once his water swords are put away.
It depends on the height i use it on. If im about 2 average char lengths off the ground i wont have any lag when landing, thats what was throwing u off. If im any lower im a sitting duck.

my >B, onslaught also got u a lot. u gotta block the entire move, once u do so u can pretty much punish with anything u want. very dangerous move as it can kill u before u hit 100% if the brawler is in rage mode.

Spirst

It depends on the height i use it on. If im about 2 average char lengths off the ground i wont have any lag when landing, thats what was throwing u off. If im any lower im a sitting duck.

my >B, onslaught also got u a lot. u gotta block the entire move, once u do so u can pretty much punish with anything u want. very dangerous move as it can kill u before u hit 100% if the brawler is in rage mode.
Ah, that's useful to know. The rising nair was pretty deadly without that ending lag.

I also misjudged how long the >B stayed out. Does it shieldpoke? It seemed like it did. Brawler actually seems like a decent character with power and speed as well as recovery options. Wonder why I don't hear more about the character.

Bufu_Man

Smash Ace
beats me, gunner is also good to and is heavily slept on. No it doesnt shieldpoke, just that people always release block before the entire combo is over. its pretty much just an raptor boost.

Was going to play u with my old mains, Bowser and D3, but playing against ur chars is the reason why i picked up sheik and brawler. lol so i didnt bother.

Brawler can also kill you at 0%, but I didnt bother even trying to do it as its obviously going to get patched

SonicStorm9000

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicStorm9000
3DS FC
0044-3119-4011
If anyone wants to add me feel free.
However I can't play at this moment in time since I'm a bit busy right now.
Friend code is 0044-3119-4011

Spirst

@ D Diddy204 Good games. You made a comeback on some those when it looked like things were grim. Unfortunately, I play against Palutena and Peach and Shulk and Sheik quite often so I'm pretty familiar in how they work. I have to go make lunch but I'd love to play again in the future.

3DS FC
1865-2252-2875
Good games Spirst! I need to learn how to get around dunkhunts moves so thanks for the help

Spirst

Good games Spirst! I need to learn how to get around dunkhunts moves so thanks for the help
I noticed that. Duck Hunt has problems with people who rush him down so don't be afraid to get in his face as his tilts and smashes are kind of slow. His default recovery is also pretty bad so unless you're Little Mac, chase after him for the gimp or stage spike since there's nothing he can do about it since his recovery can't be canceled, it's slow, and it has no hitbox. Some of the projectiles I put out there were just to provoke a shield so that I could get a grab. Duck Hunt is mainly about pressure, traps, and making your opponents want to kill themselves so if you can remain unphased by that and get in his face, it makes things a lot easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom