• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Acryte

Smash Ace
For people that can't quite hang just yet against 20XX Fox... do realize that Fox isn't the only cpu in the game. If you want to play against a character that does movement but doesn't attack much, play against DK or Ganon. If you want to play a midrange type cpu that attacks and moves a lot but not as oppressively as Fox, try YL or something. He doesn't use his projectiles yet, just normals mainly.

KPPAplays

Smash Cadet
NNID
captgentelmen
3DS FC
9444-2234-2355
here are my future 20XX wishlist
-Add Infinite Jumps for Specific Players
-Have Replays
-Add more songs and put more stages to customize their songs
-Add Texture Hacks for Most Stages

3th0s

Smash Rookie
Ok i understand how to make the 4.05 ISO however, that sees only half the equation, how do i (using nintendont) install the iso onto my wii?

Doq

Smash Lord
Ok i understand how to make the 4.05 ISO however, that sees only half the equation, how do i (using nintendont) install the iso onto my wii?
put iso in K:\games\game\game.iso
the folder called game can be named anything, the folder called games and the file game.iso can not.
gameception

Last edited:

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see the option to reset all 20XX options to their default without having to delete the 20XX save. It'd be handy just in case you mess with too many things and want to reset it to the default. Seems like it'd be an easy toggle to throw into the extra menu sections.

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
Haven't even used 4.05 that much, and I can already tell it's godlike. The community doesn't deserve someone as creative and dedicated as you. I'm particularly enjoying the custom event matches; the competitive aspect of scores and fastest times really motivates me!

Besides the AI spamming tech skill at ledge, which you're obviously working on, all I could ask for is even more detailed spacie recovery. Sheik gimping practice is absolutely essential for me.

Oh, and put your Paypal donation link in the OP. Took me a while to find it on Reddit.
That along with Luigi having an improved recovery be using his up and down b. The thought thing is programming the Luigi to reset his down b after one use since it resets every time you use it. (For you you have a vertical recovery with luigi's down b, you first have to use it on stage before it can be used again)

Not a priority, but would definitely make it a more fun cpu to fight

Achilles1515

Smash Master
A few questions:

- In the wavedash color overlay menu there's an option named "perfect timing and in window". What does this mean exactly? (I see the CPU do it sometimes, but I can't seem to do it)

- In the same menu there's the "auto-cancel enabled" option, what does this do exactly (It seems to change the color whenever I do an aerial attack)

- And again in the same menu, what does "IASA enabled" mean?

- What does the "alpha (transparency) value" do exactly?

- What is a V-Cancel?

- how do I enable/play modes like "chess" & "dogdeball" etc.?

And last but not least @ achilles: Could you maybe add a "vanilla"-option to cpu behavior?

Sorry for all the noob questions :/ (and inb4, I know what auto-cancel and IASA means, but I still would like to know when the overlay shows up exactly)
Perfect timing is if you go from Kneebend to SpecialFallLanding (sliding from a wavedash) without having your character enter the JumpF or JumpB action state on-screen.

Within window is if your x/y joystick coordinates for your airdodge were within the limits set in the Debug Menu. Wavedashes can have variable length depending on your airdodge angle.

Seems like the rest have pretty much been answered/googleable.
can you tell me why the game freezes whenever items are spawned and how to fix this?
Take your Wii and throw it in the garbage can and start over.
Hey can I get help I might just be dumb but I can not get endless friendlies to work for the life of me any help is appreciated
I have ignored Endless Friendlies ever since it was initially put in version 2.X. I never heard much about it but I'm glad to see some people wanting to get more out of it. I'll be rewriting the code in the future and I'm not surprised it is broken.
So i have a unique situation, I don't want to see if anyone has the same issue so here goes.

I can boot up the hack pack fine, all the new backgrounds and title screens are there however all the characters are locked and it's basically vanilla melee. Any help would be appreciated
Did you ignore all previous ISOs and just download the Root files and follow the instructions in the README?
Fun melee minigame/training game to play with friends is to go to melee player flags, put all players on stamina mode, with 1 hp, then practice getting hits in neutral with 10 stocks. Last player standing wins.
I've referred to this as 'don't get hit mode' (I'm sure a better name could and should exist, just that this will function as a shorthand for now especially when posting about bugs that come up when playing it-- though, melee fencing comes to mind).

However this led to the discovery of the following bugs when playing this in chess mode. This mini-game lends itself to chess mode due to the satisfaction formed from the combination of landing the hit and the freeze frames advertising it, and the level resetting which gives all players short-term invincibility.
if you grab an opponent and kill them with a pummel or certain throws which inflict damage before the victim is released, the grabbing player retains the ability to act in the chess mode freeze frames that are supposed to follow a stock loss. This would be hilarious and badass if not for the following bug number 2, as players or cpus inevitably jump up and kill another player.
  1. Put one or more characters into stamina mode with any hp via General Codes -> Vs Melee Player Flags (easiest to do with by setting stamina hp to 1)
  2. Go to Chess Mode
  3. Kill a stamina player with a pummel or with certain throws.
  4. ????
  5. Run around as if time is frozen like you're DIO from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, at least until chess mode resets the stage or you kill another player (triggering a form of Bug #2, below).
Note: because the hitbox of the pummel is permanently attached to the player, steps 3-5 are really hard if not impossible to repeat making running around murdering all players with grabs while they're frozen improbable (partially because of bug #2 below). Kudos if you can figure out a way to do it since that'd be cool as hell.
While this might be a bug which persists over to normal mode; I've currently only observed it or tried to reproduce it when messing around with stamina properties. If two players are killed by a player in a single chess cycle, either if by a player retaining actionability and killing someone else (bug #1) or if two or more players lose a stock at the same time (in this case, by taking damage on the same frame) the chess mode soft locks. Pausing, resetting, stage attributes and animations, etc all still work, but the player models are permanently in the chess-mode freeze frames. This might persist given no player flags if two players lost a stock at the same time (the same way sudden death mode occurs in regular melee in a stock match).
  1. Put two or more characters into stamina mode with 1 hp via General Codes -> Vs Melee Player Flags
  2. Go to Chess Mode
  3. Kill 2 or more players at the same time, or kill a player with bug #1 and then kill another player
  4. Make your friends hate you by forcing an L+R+A+START reset. No one will want to play this silly hybrid mode anymore let alone play with you ever again.
  5. ???????
  6. Die alone because a single bug in 20XX 4.05 ruined all your friendships
Note: step 4 is a consequence, steps 5-6 are optional in reproducing this glitch.
Lol...I can't believe I didn't think about these scenarios..................

It makes me happy to hear of people combining features of the Hack Pack to find creative ways to play/find enjoyment/ruin friendships!

Thanks for the reports, I'll need to look into these things.
I'd like to see the option to reset all 20XX options to their default without having to delete the 20XX save. It'd be handy just in case you mess with too many things and want to reset it to the default. Seems like it'd be an easy toggle to throw into the extra menu sections.
Yes. I actually would like multiple pages to have a "Reset all to default" button (like the Player Flags Menus), but I haven't gotten to implementing it yet. I know exactly how I want to do it, I just need to get everything organized.
Haven't even used 4.05 that much, and I can already tell it's godlike. The community doesn't deserve someone as creative and dedicated as you. I'm particularly enjoying the custom event matches; the competitive aspect of scores and fastest times really motivates me!

Besides the AI spamming tech skill at ledge, which you're obviously working on, all I could ask for is even more detailed spacie recovery. Sheik gimping practice is absolutely essential for me.

Oh, and put your Paypal donation link in the OP. Took me a while to find it on Reddit.
Thanks a lot, man! I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

_Froyo

Smash Rookie
alright i feel like a complete idiot for asking this but how do i get the ai to play as sheik? it doesn't transform from zelda like it used to

ManiSmash

Smash Rookie
In 1.0, stale hitboxes below 1% hit, they're 0 hitlag and make DI impossible.
So you mean I just leave it 1.0 ?? Will it make any change to the characters?? And do you have it like that to your settings?

EDIT: Never mind, I know what your talking about so yeah I just change it to v1.02, thanks :)

Last edited:

Watt

Smash Rookie
alright i feel like a complete idiot for asking this but how do i get the ai to play as sheik? it doesn't transform from zelda like it used to
mouse over shiek with your selection cursor and hit Z, then move the CPU selection disk to zelda/shiek and it should now start the game as shiek. If you already had the selection cursor for the CPU on zelda, move it off, then put it back on.

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
What is the perfect wavedash angle? In the debug menu, there's a "wavedash joystick window". Is the default option there the perfect angle? If not, what are the ranges you guys use?

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey guys. Wanted to let you know that I just updated DTW, which included support for 20XX 4.05's filesystem, so you can import/export, and get an idea of which file is what.

upload_2016-4-4_20-59-34.png upload_2016-4-4_20-59-16.png

cheesepizza

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but on my CSS the border around the screen are just pitch black i can barely see where it says Melee in the top left anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this? I think it happened after i went into debug mode and played around with some of the X + D-pad commands.

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
Perfect timing is if you go from Kneebend to SpecialFallLanding (sliding from a wavedash) without having your character enter the JumpF or JumpB action state on-screen.

Within window is if your x/y joystick coordinates for your airdodge were within the limits set in the Debug Menu. Wavedashes can have variable length depending on your airdodge angle.

Seems like the rest have pretty much been answered/googleable.

Take your Wii and throw it in the garbage can and start over.

I have ignored Endless Friendlies ever since it was initially put in version 2.X. I never heard much about it but I'm glad to see some people wanting to get more out of it. I'll be rewriting the code in the future and I'm not surprised it is broken.

Did you ignore all previous ISOs and just download the Root files and follow the instructions in the README?

Lol...I can't believe I didn't think about these scenarios..................

It makes me happy to hear of people combining features of the Hack Pack to find creative ways to play/find enjoyment/ruin friendships!

Thanks for the reports, I'll need to look into these things.

Yes. I actually would like multiple pages to have a "Reset all to default" button (like the Player Flags Menus), but I haven't gotten to implementing it yet. I know exactly how I want to do it, I just need to get everything organized.

Thanks a lot, man! I really appreciate it.
Holy balls man! Setting the fox to Mang0 level was a bad idea, brought him down to one stock and won however! Guess I got lucky!

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
How do you force the stage selection screen in 4.05? D pad up does something completely different now.

crazyghost213

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to change spacey laser color via RGB like you can with shield and metal colors? if so that would be sick

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
What is the perfect wavedash angle? In the debug menu, there's a "wavedash joystick window". Is the default option there the perfect angle? If not, what are the ranges you guys use?
(-/+.95,-.2875) is the 'perfect' angle since it's the first angle outside of the snap to horizontal iirc

Last edited:

Mobius_

Smash Cadet
Is there somewhere we can download an older version of 20XX? I'm really missing some of those in-game toggles.

Ilde

Smash Rookie
Can you actually get a shieldstun color overlay in the new version? I went into develop and saw the animation is guarddamage but I can't seem to find it in the color overlay action state thingy. Am i just blind or what is going on? edit: nvm it was guardsetoff, I suck

Last edited:

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles, how reasonable would it be to add additional toggles to the collision bubble overlays in develop mode? I'm specifically thinking of color coded hitbox IDs and unobstructed hitboxes being options 4 and 5 when you hit R+Up.

Also, would it be possible to make a timer in Magus's physics viewer that counts the frames that you've been in shield starting after the last frame of shieldstun? It'd be really helpful once P2 action spam was reimplemented.

Last edited:

galan0

Smash Rookie
So I'm trying to install this hack onto my console, but the Letterbomb website doesn't exist anymore. Is there another site that will do the same thing as Letterbomb?

EDIT: OK! so with just a little bit of google searching, turns out there's a mirror.

http://letterbomb.basst.nl/

for anyone else having the same issue.

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice
So I'm trying to install this hack onto my console, but the Letterbomb website doesn't exist anymore. Is there another site that will do the same thing as Letterbomb?

EDIT: OK! so with just a little bit of google searching, turns out there's a mirror.

http://letterbomb.basst.nl/

for anyone else having the same issue.
please.hackmii.com is still there fyi, at least for me

Greeni

Smash Rookie
Does anyone how to play as Masterhand/Crazyhand? Whenever I select one of the two I can't control them.

And how do I play the new modes (Chess, Dodgeball, etc.)?

And this has probably been mentioned, but the player flag options can't be saved to memory card. Would be nice if this could be changed in the next update.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
here are my future 20XX wishlist
-Add Infinite Jumps for Specific Players
-Have Replays
-Add more songs and put more stages to customize their songs
-Add Texture Hacks for Most Stages
Reddit is going to blow up if this gets replays. Can it be stable with replays?

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 im trying to inject your custom subaction code into 20XX 4.0.5. It freezes upon loading the CSS, am I doing something wrong or is it simply not compatible?

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515
when the debug menu states 'Priority for both lists is top to bottom' does that mean the code for teching is like the following pythonesque pseudocode:
Code:
"""
pseudocode, assume get_random gets a uniform random or psuedorandom integer in the range [1,100]
"""
tech_percents = { 'forward' : 25, 'backward' : 25,  'in place' : 25 }
def get_tech():
    if(get_random() <= tech_percents['forward']):
        tech_forward()
        return
    else if(get_random() <= tech_percents['backward']):
        tech_backward()
        return
    else if(get_random() <= tech_percents['in place']):
        tech_in_place()
        return
    else:
        miss_tech():
        return #this is implicit but I'm putting it here for clarity
Also it should say that it's a percent somewhere on that menu, assuming it is a %

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I noticed "Mashroom Kingdom in ADVENTURE" is also slope.
left is lower, right is higher.
If you can, please fix it flat :)

D

Deleted member 337186

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but on my CSS the border around the screen are just pitch black i can barely see where it says Melee in the top left anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this? I think it happened after i went into debug mode and played around with some of the X + D-pad commands.
set custom css colors off. the default color is black, which explains why you can't see anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 im trying to inject your custom subaction code into 20XX 4.0.5. It freezes upon loading the CSS, am I doing something wrong or is it simply not compatible?
Where are you trying to put the code?
Does anyone how to play as Masterhand/Crazyhand? Whenever I select one of the two I can't control them.

And how do I play the new modes (Chess, Dodgeball, etc.)?

And this has probably been mentioned, but the player flag options can't be saved to memory card. Would be nice if this could be changed in the next update.
P3 always controls MasterHand and P4 always controls CrazyHand. Idk why the developers made it this way. But this will be changed in the next release so whatever port selects them will control them.

Go to Special Melee to play the new game modes.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-142#post-21011793

Achilles1515 Achilles1515
when the debug menu states 'Priority for both lists is top to bottom' does that mean the code for teching is like the following pythonesque pseudocode:
Code:
"""
pseudocode, assume get_random gets a uniform random or psuedorandom integer in the range [1,100]
"""
tech_percents = { 'forward' : 25, 'backward' : 25,  'in place' : 25 }
def get_tech():
    if(get_random() <= tech_percents['forward']):
        tech_forward()
        return
    else if(get_random() <= tech_percents['backward']):
        tech_backward()
        return
    else if(get_random() <= tech_percents['in place']):
        tech_in_place()
        return
    else:
        miss_tech():
        return #this is implicit but I'm putting it here for clarity
Also it should say that it's a percent somewhere on that menu, assuming it is a %
It's not a true "percent chance" but it's close, and that is what I meant for people to look at it as. And the weird part lies in the fact that tech rolling left/right and teching in place are accomplished within different functions so I use multiple injection points for my code.
----------
The logic is basically:
Pull a random number (1-100).
If greater than techforward debug menu value, do nothing, else techforward.

If greater than techbackward debug menu value, do nothing, else techbackward.

Then in a separate function that is naturally executed after the above....

If greater than techinplace debug menu value, do nothing, else techinplace.

If execution gets to here, they missed the tech.
-----------

So yeah...it's not a true percent chance but it's close enough.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I noticed "Mashroom Kingdom in ADVENTURE" is also slope.
left is lower, right is higher.
If you can, please fix it flat :)
Hmmmm alright, I'll look into it. Thanks.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Where are you trying to put the code?
I was using Melee Code Manager but now i realize the 20XX start.dol's code has different offsets than a vanilla one. Is there an offset you recommend? Tried doing it manually and couldn't find a spot to place it.

galan0

Smash Rookie
where are these new bots? Are they in 4.05 or is there a setting in the debug mode? I'm currently fighting the lvl 9 computers with enhanced teching/DI, but I'm not noticing them using wave-dashing or anything special.
(Sorry if it's already been stated, but i'll eventually go through all 148 pages of this thread ^^; )

EDIT: the current version i'm using is the 4.0 one from the Google Document from the already modded version. If I just replace the ISO with a GCRebuild 4.05 version in the same folder, will it work?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 337186

where are these new bots? Are they in 4.05 or is there a setting in the debug mode? I'm currently fighting the lvl 9 computers with enhanced teching/DI, but I'm not noticing them using wave-dashing or anything special.
(Sorry if it's already been stated, but i'll eventually go through all 148 pages of this thread ^^; )

EDIT: the current version i'm using is the 4.0 one from the Google Document from the already modded version. If I just replace the ISO with a GCRebuild 4.05 version in the same folder, will it work?
download the root files in the op, extract the files, READ the readme.txt, load up GCRebuilder, go to Root -> wherever your 20XX files are. once all the files are loaded, press Save -> wherever you want to save. finally, press Rebuild and then boom. 20XX 4.05. hopefully i don't have to explain how to put the .iso in nintendont... ._.

Last edited by a moderator:

galan0

Smash Rookie
download the root files in the op, extract the files, READ the readme.txt, load up GCRebuilder, go to Root -> wherever your 20XX files are. once all the files are loaded, press Save -> wherever you want to save. finally, press Rebuild and then boom. 20XX 4.05. hopefully i don't have to explain how to put the .iso in nintendont... ._.
i made a rebuild already, but i have the Letterbomb Homebrew which i think is basically the same as Nintendont. I didn't load it in because I read the google doc that came with it made already with a "games" folder. I was wondering if I put the 4.05 iso in the games folder if it would still run cause theres other files in the games folder. I'll give it a try by just replacing the ISO though and if it doesnt work i'll just revert it.

Top Bottom