• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Doq

Smash Lord
Let me know if I shouldn't post this here but I found a small bug in v. 4.05--in the character select screen, when switching from a palette swapped (with L button) Peach (the original color to white iirc) and then moving and clicking to play yoshi instead, but then deciding to switch back to peach, and deciding to switch colors, as I tried to change colors with x and y, it changed from the peach image in the selected character rectangle at the bottom, to yoshi! And I couldn't figure out how to get it back to normal, so, in fear of it saving the game that way (i lack knowledge of how that all works tbh), I exited out via closing the window of the game. Reloading it, it was back to normal. Unfortunately I can't remember if I palette swapped yoshi or even switched his regular colors, I can't remember but again iirc, i didn't switch with the L button and maybe with x and y.

On a completely different note, not that I expect tit for tat/quid pro quo or anything, and again let me know if I shouldn't be posting this here but I have a troubleshooting question I really gotta ask-I can't load textures into the game. I've used 20XX version 2 and version 4.05 and neither are letting me load in textures that I've downloaded (I mean full character palette swaps). I've tried both GCrebuilder and Melee toolkit. No luck with anything. I've followed every guide and still, nuthin! I can't figure it out and its kinda totally aggravating! So yeah, halp plz if you know what the issue might be! I also haven't switched the file names, ie saving the exported file I kept the name the same, and same with the imported file.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Stock_glitch is what I'm guessing happened.

GhostBandicoot

Smash Rookie
would edit but want to add just in case it isn't seen: another bug, the fox lvl 9 AI randomly (well not randomly but i didn't catch the reason it started unfortunately) started doing a full hop to up b diagnoally to the left and koing himself. It was on the hyrule maze level, and i was playing falco, and idk how it happened.

BasiltheBatLord

Smash Rookie
is there an option to revert CPU behavior back to how it was pre-4.05?

also what (if anything) do the CPU 1-9 levels change now?

wfu

Smash Rookie
I renamed my ISO file to ssbm_1.02.iso. Then the directions said to run ./script_file.sh ssbm_1.02.iso. Here is where I got this list of errors:
: command not foundine 1:
: command not foundine 3:
: command not foundine 7:
: command not foundine 11:
: command not foundine 15:
: command not foundine 16:
'/script_file.sh: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `{
'/script_file.sh: line 17: `checkhash () {
The first problem with the script is that it uses DOS-style line endings instead of Unix-style, which confuses the shell. It needs to be converted to Unix-style endings in order to work.

The second problem is that some of the interpolated variables aren't written correctly. In the lines that begin with "outfile=" and "delta=", it should say ${version} instead of just {version}.

Reuental

Smash Rookie
Hey I just wanna say that the CPU is overall fantastic, and has definitely improved my marth edge guarding abilities to a significant degree. But I really reeeaaallllyyy want a Fox and falco cpu that would just not shorten and randy Side B at my face 50% of the time. Its such a important option to cover at low levels of play and with the current CPU I am just not able to get many chances to practice vs it. Even if it isn't technically possible to have a toggle for it I would be willing to build a extra ISO just to practice covering that option. Thanks for all the work you have done on this mod.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
It might be cool if the walk AI could be taught to always walk toward the middle of the stage, respect the tech chasing options (spot dodge after rolls, % chance to roll in or out, to get up attack or not) because the AI right now is actually kind of hard to grab! :dizzy: My tech chase practice has gotten a little less efficient.

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Just to remind people that you can actually change the CPU AI in 4.05 to a simpler one if you go to Debug Menu -> general codes -> Vs.Melee player flags -> CPU AI TYPE

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 However I feel these VS. Melee player flags options need to be saved in memory after rebooting, as we may see, more and more people are interested in changing the AI back to what it was before 4.05

And personally, I used Spoof Controller becuase it was easy to start a match with a punching bag and not having to change to a timed match.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
Quick question: is it possible to just enable completely random songs to be played as possible in 3.02?

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Im running 3.02 and the debug menu seems off. No custom stage options, color options etc, very bare bones and I know that it doesn't look right. Any suggestions? Nothing is unlocked when playing on console btw (no characers, stages etc) but on dolphin everything is there. If it helps I did edit some CSP

ManiSmash

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles just a question on the newer version of 20XX 4.05. Which is the actual widescreen mode option because there seems 3 of them "Standard", "Monitor", and "True Advanced" ? Because to me it seems that the "standard" should be it because it looks just like the 20XXTE version and the actual screen size they use on tournaments or am I wrong?

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to make the CPU just DI and randomly tech (like the beta 4.0 builds) and not attack you?
From my experience putting the cpu into STAY (Debug Menu->General Codes->VS Melee Player Flags->select player 2 on the top->change cpu ai type to stay) both has random DI and the configured tech patterns, while being completely docile and inactive otherwise (though it will recover if you knock it off stage, as it does in training mode).
I tested if it was random by falcon punching a STAY fox cpu and watching the di input via debug mode and it seems random and unpredictable. That said, if you notice it isn't random somehow, please post about it, as my sample size was pretty low, and I don't have the ability to break down the di/tech code to see if it's affected by cpu ai type changes, definitively.

However both your post and (the first part of) this post:
is there an option to revert CPU behavior back to how it was pre-4.05?
seem to be asking a duplicate of:
For the next patch, It would be nice to set the CPU AI for level 1 before it was modified with the new update so that we may be able to practice chaingrabs/tech chases much more easily. If there is a way to do this currently without them attacking me all the time, please let me know!
Which achilles answered here:
Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags --> and set the player's AI type to something other than normal.
and has been requested and answered a few times since. Please (this is more a psa for everyone and not just you guys) at least skim through a few pages of the thread (at least after the 4.05 release post) before posting questions like these since this has come up and has been answered more than once. Nothing is inherently wrong with asking about it without looking, it just displaces other discussions of bugs and features (as well as the answers of what you're looking for) and does yourself a disservice.
---
Let me know if I shouldn't post this here but I found a small bug in v. 4.05--in the character select screen, when switching from a palette swapped (with L button) Peach (the original color to white iirc) and then moving and clicking to play yoshi instead, but then deciding to switch back to peach, and deciding to switch colors, as I tried to change colors with x and y, it changed from the peach image in the selected character rectangle at the bottom, to yoshi! And I couldn't figure out how to get it back to normal, so, in fear of it saving the game that way (i lack knowledge of how that all works tbh), I exited out via closing the window of the game. Reloading it, it was back to normal. Unfortunately I can't remember if I palette swapped yoshi or even switched his regular colors, I can't remember but again iirc, i didn't switch with the L button and maybe with x and y.
This can also happen if you change Peach to Female Wireframe then hit X or Y a few times, and has extremely similar behavior to the stock glitch which people have linked before in the thread.
---
Achilles if you're reading this the issue I mentioned about being able to cycle through an endless field of azure yoshis on z-alternate characters (except for sheik) still exists as implied by the previous answer
---
would edit but want to add just in case it isn't seen: another bug, the fox lvl 9 AI randomly (well not randomly but i didn't catch the reason it started unfortunately) started doing a full hop to up b diagnoally to the left and koing himself. It was on the hyrule maze level, and i was playing falco, and idk how it happened.
The Fox and Falco CPUs both seem to kill themselves by firefox/firebird-ing off the stage as high as they can, to the left. Other characters jump or airdodge underneath the stage or attempt to recover towards invisible things which do not exist.

EDIT: this applies for the Hyrule Maze levels and is new to 4.05 as it did not happen in 4 beta 4
---
you could acquire an earlier ISO? idk though besides that
Check this out, http://smashboards.com/threads/the-20xx-melee-training-hack-pack-v4-05-update-3-17-16.351221/

quoting from it, "Note: In-game CPU toggles have not been added back to version 4.0 yet."
I realize you're trying to help, which I relate to and appreciate, but you're being incredibly misleading, as far more constructive answers to this exact same question been provided a few times previously in this thread, which neither you nor the person you're answering seem to have read. Also, your second link refers to in-game cpu toggles via L/R and the dpad (a feature of 3.02 based upon vanilla debug mode's debug information toggles) which is different than what was being asked.
---

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
I have been playing this hack for a while and I'm quite impressed with the work you have done so far. This is the first time I post in this thread so it is likely I might mention things others have said before but anyways:

1. When using Master Hand and Crazy Hand, there should a modifier to change their stocks to HP Stamina, since there is no point on using stocks with them. Or add a toggle so when you press certain button before starting a match, your stocks are switched for HP Stamina instead (where each Stock equals to 100HP so 4 stocks = 400HP for example)
2. It would be nice if both players could use the same color character, 19XXTE lets you cycle through all costumes and play the same character with the same costume (i.e. Four players picks Mario of the same color)
3. The modded AI is quite challenging now. But could you make it more aggresive? Like Mortal Kombat Trilogy AI patterns where, not only is insanely difficult, but is also unforgiving if you whiff a hit or stay idle for too long. I know I can modify some things like tech / tech chasing options and reduce shield propensity to 0 to intend this behavior, but even with that, I think is not enough for me. There is still a major flaw with this AI, when you are in Kill Percentage, it won't stop spamming frameperfect techskill (which amuses and annoys me at the same time), the thing is, it will try to randomly kill you, instead it should recognize when you are in kill percentage and use the appropiate movement to attempt to kill you early, in the most efficient and quick way possible.
4. How do I add custom texture hacks to certain stages? Specifically the most used in tournaments which are FD, BF, DL64, FoD, YS, Pokémon Stadium and Kongo Jungle 64

Props to the maker and developers of this awesome hack. I really like it, is like playing an entire new game, but with the things I've always wanted to play with.

Last edited:

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
I converted the melee vanilla iso to version 4.05 succesfully but when I try to open it it says the file is damaged.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Your issue is the exact same as those with Gecko codes on that've asked the same question, in regards to when you tried Dios Mios. Odds are, you have Codes (called Ocarina in some launchers) enabled.
May also be the cause of your Nintendont issue.
thank you alot , iyou've helped solve part of the problem. in nintendont settings i had cheats on. when i turned that off, i was able to play vs battles in nintnedont and play with the mem card in but event 2 and 3 still freeze as they start... (no idea what ocariana codes are or where its located.).. also the special melee that spawn items and in vs battle if i turn items on, the game still freezes when an item is spawned

btw, achilles, i was playing lv 9 fox and i had to scratch my balls so i jumped on the edge and hung there for a second while i was scratching and fox just wavedashed off the stage and side B-ed to the edge but i was already hanging there so he SD-ed at 0%

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
with winzip, also it doesn't show up in homebrew
Can you open other ISOs with WinZip? Certain versions can't even open ISOs as far as I'm aware.

Also, if it's not showing up in Homebrew, I'd check that you have the proper naming convention for the Homebrew, as well as making sure that you're set to Gamecube games if your loader requires it (like Wiiflow).

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
thank you alot , iyou've helped solve part of the problem. in nintendont settings i had cheats on. when i turned that off, i was able to play vs battles in nintnedont and play with the mem card in but event 2 and 3 still freeze as they start... (no idea what ocariana codes are or where its located.).. also the special melee that spawn items and in vs battle if i turn items on, the game still freezes when an item is spawned

btw, achilles, i was playing lv 9 fox and i had to scratch my balls so i jumped on the edge and hung there for a second while i was scratching and fox just wavedashed off the stage and side B-ed to the edge but i was already hanging there so he SD-ed at 0%
What are you even doing mate.

AGin the Asian

Smash Rookie
I have a few questions about 4.05.

First of all, I tried to make the CPU more similar to the old version by doing: Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags --> and set the player's AI type to something other than normal, but it's not doing anything. My game also crashes when I try to go to the option to the right of "jumping," with an error message that tells me that Dolphin tried to read from an invalid address. Does this just mean that my .iso was built incorrectly and I need to rebuild it, or is it a bug and I should just wait until a new version is released?

Also, I used to not have to use save states in version 3.02 to save my settings from the debug menu. Is there any reason why these settings are not automatically being saved in 4.05? I would rather not have to use save states 100% of the time to get my debug menu settings.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
Alright I made another Iso just to be sure, this time I made it out of the root files but it still doesn't show up on dios mios...

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Just dropping in to say thank you achilles. I think the super AI is cool as a technical achievement, but bad for training. However the AI customization is quite useful once you figure it out.

Also THANK YOU for changing save states to save the Y coordinate. You wouldn't believe how much this one helps.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Question. im using 20xx 4.05 and haven't changed this setting before so I believe it's the default setting

the setting is hitlag/sdi behavior and by default for me it was set to 1.00 (not 1.02)

What should the default setting for hitlag/sdi behavior be? 1.02 right?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Question. im using 20xx 4.05 and haven't changed this setting before so I believe it's the default setting

the setting is hitlag/sdi behavior and by default for me it was set to 1.00 (not 1.02)

What should the default setting for hitlag/sdi behavior be? 1.02 right?
I set 1.00 as default. This was talked about a long time ago on this thread when 4.0 beta was released. Search for it or something.
I think the super AI is cool as a technical achievement, but bad for training.
It's only bad if you play against it with a poor mindset and not focusing on certain things to work on.
Hey Achilles just a question on the newer version of 20XX 4.05. Which is the actual widescreen mode option because there seems 3 of them "Standard", "Monitor", and "True Advanced" ? Because to me it seems that the "standard" should be it because it looks just like the 20XXTE version and the actual screen size they use on tournaments or am I wrong?
They're all slightly different.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/31lc8t/my_melee_looks_funny_an_in_depth_breakdown_of/
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-121#post-20500139
I have been playing this hack for a while and I'm quite impressed with the work you have done so far. This is the first time I post in this thread so it is likely I might mention things others have said before but anyways:

1. When using Master Hand and Crazy Hand, there should a modifier to change their stocks to HP Stamina, since there is no point on using stocks with them. Or add a toggle so when you press certain button before starting a match, your stocks are switched for HP Stamina instead (where each Stock equals to 100HP so 4 stocks = 400HP for example)
2. It would be nice if both players could use the same color character, 19XXTE lets you cycle through all costumes and play the same character with the same costume (i.e. Four players picks Mario of the same color)
3. The modded AI is quite challenging now. But could you make it more aggresive? Like Mortal Kombat Trilogy AI patterns where, not only is insanely difficult, but is also unforgiving if you whiff a hit or stay idle for too long. I know I can modify some things like tech / tech chasing options and reduce shield propensity to 0 to intend this behavior, but even with that, I think is not enough for me. There is still a major flaw with this AI, when you are in Kill Percentage, it won't stop spamming frameperfect techskill (which amuses and annoys me at the same time), the thing is, it will try to randomly kill you, instead it should recognize when you are in kill percentage and use the appropiate movement to attempt to kill you early, in the most efficient and quick way possible.
4. How do I add custom texture hacks to certain stages? Specifically the most used in tournaments which are FD, BF, DL64, FoD, YS, Pokémon Stadium and Kongo Jungle 64

Props to the maker and developers of this awesome hack. I really like it, is like playing an entire new game, but with the things I've always wanted to play with.
You can change specific players to be stamina in Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags
I plan on adding the code for using the same costume in the next release.
AI will likely be improved in the future. It's a lot of code and a lot of work to program in logic to perform specific moves at specific percents for specific characters (against specific opponents too?). My goal was to just get some global changes implemented first.

Regarding the stages, I sent this to DRGN the other day:

Code:
My naming convention follows the logic of alternate stage skins are numbered, but stages with new collisions use letters. But this logic doesn't work for stages that I wasn't planning on having any alt skins for like Jungle Japes, Trophy Stage, etc.

Final Destination (GrNLa.dat)
GrNLa.0at = Default
GrNLa.2at = Smash Wii U Model Import (no option to change to this in 20XX 4.05)

Green Greens (GrGr.dat)
GrGr.0at = default
GrGr.1at = hacked
-------------------
Jungle Japes (GrGd.dat)
GrGd.0at = default
GrGd.1at = hacked with platform
GrGd.2at = omega
------------------
Yoshi's Island (GrYt.dat)
GrYt.0at = default
GrYt.1at = hacked (omega)
------------------
Mushroom Kingdom Adventure
GrNKr.0at = default
GrNKr.1at = hacked (2 plat)
GrnKr.2at = hacked (omega)
------------------
Fourside (GrFs.dat)
GrFs.0at = default
GrFs.1at = hacked (smashville)
------------------
Hyrule Maze (GrNSr.dat)
GrNSr.0at = default
GrNSr.1at = hacked
------------------
Target Test - Luigi (GrTLg.dat)
GrTLg.0at = default
GrTLg.1at = hacked (gamecube)
-----------------
Dreamland
GrOp.kat = KirbyWare, Inc. (a stage hack I don't think I ever posted, and this should not be in the 20XX 4.05 filesystem, lol. I was going to put it in the 3rd SSS but never got around to it.)

GrNBa.bat = Battlefino Plaza

GrOp.rat = Return to Dreamland

GrPb.usd = Pokemon Stadium No Transformation skin

GrOy.wat = Wario Ware

Trophy Stage
GrNFg.dat = default
GrNFg.0at = two plats
GrNFg.1at = three plats
GrNFg.2at = Omega
(I should go back and switch this to GrNFg.0at = default, GrNFg.1at = two plats, etc.)

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Yo

I'm probably just an idiot and haven't noticed it yet but in 20XX 4.05 hitting up on the D-Pad activates the metqal texture.
But in previous versions in force loaded the SSS

Is there a way to do this in 4.05 yet?

ManiSmash

Smash Rookie
Also another question regards to this 1.00 and 1.02 hitlag/sdi behavior settings, isn't the default setting for hitlag/sdi behavior be 1.02 or do I just leave it to 1.00? Because to me it sounds like changing the version of 1.00 melee were bowser can flame cancel and young link doing the super boomerang jump or am I wrong?

(Note: my friends are confuse and wants this to solve so we can know if were using the actual latest version of melee)

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Also another question regards to this 1.00 and 1.02 hitlag/sdi behavior settings, isn't the default setting for hitlag/sdi behavior be 1.02 or do I just leave it to 1.00? Because to me it sounds like changing the version of 1.00 melee were bowser can flame cancel and young link doing the super boomerang jump or am I wrong?

(Note: my friends are confuse and wants this to solve so we can know if were using the actual latest version of melee)
In 1.0, stale hitboxes below 1% hit, they're 0 hitlag and make DI impossible.

loserprance

Smash Rookie
NNID
loserprance
3DS FC
1934-0996-6943
Hey, whenever I try to enable any colour overlay menu (action state overlays, wavedash overlays) my game hangs. Is there a known reason or solution for this?

edit: sorry, using dolphin 4.0-7840

Last edited:

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
What are you even doing mate.
well i'm trying to get my 4.05 to work like my 3.02 but its not and its very aggravating being that i haven't gotten a clue toward what to do to solve my problem, i mine as well be trying to give myself head... cuz that'll never happen, i can't reach... i've tried... many times....

and on the other thing, i was just telling achilles about a bug that needs to be fixed with the AI.... just so happens to be a true story... (message to others, wear a raincoat when playing in the fields lol jk i'm clean =P )

Last edited:
Top Bottom