• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
If anyone can help me on this issue, that'd be great!

I've done all the steps for how to install 20XX on a mac (since that's my only good computer option). I got the iso to run, but when I try to begin a match, this happens:
Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 8.06.42 PM.png

Does anyone know the reason? Thanks in advance!

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman

I've done all the steps for how to install 20XX on a mac (since that's my only good computer option). I got the iso to run, but when I try to begin a match, this happens:
View attachment 73250
Do you have different melee isos with netplay setting codes checked? If so uncheck them and try again.
Right click iso in your list, go to properties > gecko codes, it should be at the top.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord

View attachment 73250
This is caused by the netplay code like above. You can easily avoid it by changing the game ID of 20XX.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Did you decide to change/not change it in 4.0?

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Do you have different melee isos with netplay setting codes checked? If so uncheck them and try again.
Right click iso in your list, go to properties > gecko codes, it should be at the top.
This is caused by the netplay code like above. You can easily avoid it by changing the game ID of 20XX.

That solved it. Thanks guys!

YellowTorpedo

Smash Rookie
Which widescreen hack is this? I would like to use it with vanilla Melee, and Nintendont's widescreen hack has foreground shading issues.

YellowTorpedo

Smash Rookie
It's IE's version. It should work fine.
You'll have to forgive me, I'm a total noob. So, I'm loading through Nintendont, and I made a GALE01.gct file and put the code in there, and put it in the codes folder on the root of my SD card. I also heard you have to add the kenobiwii.bin file to another folder, "sneek", and put that at the root of my SD card. Then I enabled cheats on Nintendont, and loaded the game, but the game isn't widescreen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I don't really understand how to use Gecko Codes :S

DRGN

Technowizard
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I made some things. What do you think?

TEST01-12.png

MnSlChr.usd_72e9b203_3.png

If you think the glint effect is a bit much I can remove that. :p And/or I could create versions with "v4.0", "v4.1", "v4.2", etc. somewhere on them.

Also, try adding the texture below to MnMaAll.usd at 0xb220, and then go to one of the game's main menus. It's subtle, but cool (it'll be animated). I think it's a nice touch.

MainMenuDetail-20XX3_MnMaAll.usd_0xb220_0.png

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord

View attachment 73268

View attachment 73269

If you think the glint effect is a bit much I can remove that. :p And/or I could create versions with "v4.0", "v4.1", "v4.2", etc. somewhere on them.

Also, try adding the texture below to MnMaAll.usd at 0xb220, and then go to one of the game's main menus. It's subtle, but cool. I think it's a nice touch.

View attachment 73273
It would be so hype if that shine were actually blue. FeelsBadMan
Also I think it would be a subtle but really nice touch if the large circle behind the text were hexagonal like the small circles at the top and the bottom.

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
Hey, do you think you could add Salty Runback with Different Stage?
I mean, you finish the game, you press A+B+L and you start a new match in another stage with the same chars.

Also, do you think it's possible to do CPUs to return to the ledge? Or at least Spacies using sideB. Marth using sideB would also be very interesting. I know it would be so hard to implement, but it could be possible?

DRGN

Technowizard
Alternate version using CeLL's suggestion:

TEST01-13.5.png

MnSlChr.usd-v2_72e9b203_3.png

And P4's slot is what it looks like with color. Usually the quality loss from switching to color (via the only existing methods anyway) destroys gradients/shading, and even just diagonal lines in some cases, making it not even worth it. But you know what, it seems somehow this one actually kind of gets away with it. The shading behind the 20XX turns into a big blob though (albeit it's not something you notice right away). Maybe tomorrow I'll try just removing that shading completely and see how it looks.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

View attachment 73458

View attachment 73459

And P4's slot is what it looks like with color. Usually the quality loss from switching to color (via the only existing methods anyway) destroys gradients/shading, and even just diagonal lines in some cases, making it not even worth it. But you know what, it seems somehow this one actually kind of gets away with it. The shading behind the 20XX turns into a big blob though (albeit it's not something you notice right away). Maybe tomorrow I'll try just removing that shading completely and see how it looks.
Yo this is pretty dang awesome. I really like it. I am currently using a new closed CSP port that Anutim made for me.

Capture.PNG

And now I'm torn...They are both very well done. You guys are great.

I do like the colored shine better than the b&w shine. I'm not sure if I would want the "training hack pack" text or not, but it does look good where it is at. I'll need to experiment with this.

Last edited:

Phantop

Smash Cadet
You'll have to forgive me, I'm a total noob. So, I'm loading through Nintendont, and I made a GALE01.gct file and put the code in there, and put it in the codes folder on the root of my SD card. I also heard you have to add the kenobiwii.bin file to another folder, "sneek", and put that at the root of my SD card. Then I enabled cheats on Nintendont, and loaded the game, but the game isn't widescreen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I don't really understand how to use Gecko Codes :S
With 20XX, the widescreen code is included in the debug menu under General Settings. Also, the cheat codes don't work for the most part. I'm assuming you need a Sneek nand but whatever.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533

View attachment 73458

View attachment 73459

It might just be me but...
Do you notice how on the P4 character slot there is no second to last dot dot on the bottom?

CeLL

Smash Lord

View attachment 73458

View attachment 73459

Perhaps @ Z zankyou could do some magic with it like DL's background.

DRGN

Technowizard
v3, trying to account for the adverse affects of the limited color depth.

TEST01-4.png

Any better?

MnSlChr.usd-v3_72e9b203_5.png

I'm not sure if I would want the "training hack pack" text or not, but it does look good where it is at. I'll need to experiment with this.
I was thinking it might prevent confusion for the "casuals" between this and 20XXTE. Especially since many don't realize that TE can't reasonably do textures.

I also tried to pay special attention to the distortion that appears at the border between the halves (because that stuff bugs me), by only using lines perpendicular to the border wherever they cross it. There's practically no distortion on the _3 versions. Giving it color seems to add a little bit there no matter what I try though.

It might just be me but...
Do you notice how on the P4 character slot there is no second to last dot dot on the bottom?
It's because not all of them are the same shade, and when the texture is processed, the colors all change to conform to a much smaller set of shades for this texture format. The shade of that particular dot was too close to the background, so they ended up "rounding" to the same shade.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
v3, trying to account for the adverse affects of the limited color depth.

View attachment 73622

Any better?

View attachment 73623

I was thinking it might prevent confusion for the "casuals" between this and 20XXTE. Especially since many don't realize that TE can't reasonably do textures.

I also tried to pay special attention to the distortion that appears at the border between the halves (because that stuff bugs me), by only using lines perpendicular to the border wherever they cross it. There's practically no distortion on the _3 versions. Giving it color seems to add a little bit there no matter what I try though.

It's because not all of them are the same shade, and when the texture is processed, the colors all change to conform to a much smaller set of shades for this texture format. The shade of that particular dot was too close to the background, so they ended up "rounding" to the same shade.
Great work! You guys make awesome content.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I've just got a question before I try installing this on my Wii... (using this guide from the guides section - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit)

Am I right in thinking I don't need a memory card or anything for this? If so, would having a GC memory card inserted into the Wii when running this cause complications or anything? (I know I can just remove it, but I'm just interested). Thanks!

YellowTorpedo

Smash Rookie
With 20XX, the widescreen code is included in the debug menu under General Settings. Also, the cheat codes don't work for the most part. I'm assuming you need a Sneek nand but whatever.
I ended up just turning it into a dol mod and making a custom iso. Thanks though

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I'm surprised there isn't a 3.X version released that soley takes care of the the pixel/character/artifact problem. It is getting tiresome explaining that the whole hack pack isn't bugged to oblivion when a naysayer or someone new to the pack sees it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm surprised there isn't a 3.X version released that soley takes care of the the pixel/character/artifact problem. It is getting tiresome explaining that the whole hack pack isn't bugged to oblivion when a naysayer or someone new to the pack sees it.
It's just a cosmetic issue with the text and moving the functions over the text tables would be a ton of work with having to recalculate offsets and quadruple check every single function by hand for affected branches and play test it for hours. So I think we'd all (including Achilles) rather have all that time and work be put into 4.0.

MewtwoForce

Smash Cadet
Hey guys.Can somebody please fix the problem of the color overlay option for showing hit stun not showing with elemental moves? This is preventing many of mewtwos moves from being seen with hit stun indication on. Fair/All smash attacks and other moves cannot show hit stun right now. Is this a fix somebody would be willing to work on right now?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

cripto

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! So I'm a noob to the whole homebrewing thing, and I was wondering if I could get some help. I followed the Hectohertz's guide to setting up the whole thing, but when I boot up Dios Mios, and load the 20XX file, my wii completely resets itself back to the main menu. Any ideas on why this is happening?

zankyou

Smash Lord

View attachment 73268

View attachment 73269

Also, try adding the texture below to MnMaAll.usd at 0xb220, and then go to one of the game's main menus. It's subtle, but cool (it'll be animated). I think it's a nice touch.

View attachment 73273
DRGN DRGN did you ever look more into fixing the ports alignment. Like using miluns program to export the ports verts and trying to adjust it there.

Ankur Patel

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to turn off cpu fox shine after he techs? I want to practice platform tech chasing but he ends up shining then air dodging off the platform.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there anyway to turn off cpu fox shine after he techs? I want to practice platform tech chasing but he ends up shining then air dodging off the platform.
Editing the DOL file in a hex editor.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-new-debug-menu.351221/page-107#post-20107011

As Cell stated, the problem is due to custom code being placed in letter texture data areas that I previously believed was unused space. It would be a very time consuming thing to fix and all the code would need to be modified and placed in different locations. I have developed a "F**k it!" strategy in regards to version 3.02, because version 4.00 makes 3.02 look like a Cessna compared to a Boeing. Everything is being rewritten and the problem you stated will not exist.

Hey guys.Can somebody please fix the problem of the color overlay option for showing hit stun not showing with elemental moves? This is preventing many of mewtwos moves from being seen with hit stun indication on. Fair/All smash attacks and other moves cannot show hit stun right now. Is this a fix somebody would be willing to work on right now?

Thanks for reading.
You can use this Gecko code for version 1.02.

Disable Vanilla Color Overlays/Body Auras
040bffd0 4e800020

I guess I will. That will probably be the last thing I do.

--------------
Here is the result of the new CPU teching codes.

You can specify the percent likelihood (roughly) to execute each type of tech. Percent likelihood to do a frame perfect getup. Timing randomizations for how many frames to have the character lay on the ground during a missed tech. (e.g. if you change that value to 60 [frames], it will pull a random value between 0 and 60 to have the character lay on the ground before performing a getup option.)
Capture.PNG

I forgot to put the text line in there that the numbers act as percentages, except for the max lay wait frames.

Last edited:

Bolt_Master_Ampharos

Smash Rookie
An error I'm getting is the debug menu not working. At all. It worked the first time, but now it just loads a blank gray square. When I press b, it returns to the startup screen. I am using Dolphin and I have cheats disabled. What can I do?

CeLL

Smash Lord
An error I'm getting is the debug menu not working. At all. It worked the first time, but now it just loads a blank gray square. When I press b, it returns to the startup screen. I am using Dolphin and I have cheats disabled. What can I do?
Try switching your graphics backend.

Top Bottom