• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

iZivix

Smash Rookie
Hey can anyone help me out? I have 20xx but I don't have all of the characters and stages unlocked. When I first launched it, it only gave me the base characters and maps. Is there something I may have done wrong, and is there any way to fix it?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hey can anyone help me out? I have 20xx but I don't have all of the characters and stages unlocked. When I first launched it, it only gave me the base characters and maps. Is there something I may have done wrong, and is there any way to fix it?
Check the FAQs in the first post.

Actually apparently it's not in there. You put Start.dol in the wrong folder before rebuilding. @ Stride Stride

Last edited:

Tewks

Smash Rookie
So, I just used the first guide, hacking wii from scratch, and everything installed correctly, except for the fact that it's 3.01 and not 3.02. On Dios Mios it says 3.02, but in the debug menu it says 3.01, and I don't have the 3.02 features. How do I get 3.02? Sorry if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer.

Last edited:

charmander64

Smash Rookie
do you guys know what the plus signs and rectangles that follow the characters around mean though?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So, I just used the first guide, hacking wii from scratch, and everything installed correctly, except for the fact that it's 3.01 and not 3.02. On Dios Mios it says 3.02, but in the debug menu it says 3.01, and I don't have the 3.02 features. How do I get 3.02? Sorry if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer.
Download the file replacement pack on the main post and follow the included instructions. Start with a vanilla SSBM v1.02 ISO.
do you guys know what the plus signs and rectangles that follow the characters around mean though?
Ledge grab boxes. Go to Kadano's MeleeMechanics YouTube page and he has an "intro" video that goes over some of that.
Any way to fix this?
What DoctorKirby said. It was an oversight on my part and will be fixed in the next update.
No, but it should be fixed in the next update (it says so in the FAQs).
Bug report (this one is weird)
On the character select screen, Player 3 selected Zelda and then tried to toggle to Sheik. When they did, the character select screen bugged out and ended up looking like this (please excuse the webcam photo):

Note the locked characters (including Luigi with a character select token still on it), the character name and stars on top of a closed character port shutter, and the gametype apparently being "Team Slo-Mo".

When the bug occurred, the screen appeared to very rapidly "flicker" between the normal character select screen and the bugged one about 5 or 6 times (it happened too fast to really be sure). I also might have seen all of the character port shutters open and close rapidly as well.

After this happened I tried to start a game without changing anything further, and it didn't crash in the 15 or so seconds I gave it before quitting out.
This should happen with all the extra characters, not just Zelda. Whenever your token tries to return to a character that doesn't exists on the CSS anymore. I have yet to look into fixing this one.
Trying out the dual function, but my missiles seem to hit everyone. Known issue?
Are you playing in teams mode or free for all? There was some discussion about this earlier and I think we came to the conclusion that this only happened during free for all, but I have not gone back to check it out myself.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Check the FAQs in the first post.

Actually apparently it's not in there. You put Start.dol in the wrong folder before rebuilding. @ Stride Stride
Added to the FAQs.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Maybe for the next version the file replacements folder could include Start.dol already inside a folder named "&&system data"? It is somewhat confusing that everything in the file replacements folder goes in root except Start.dol (which doesn't stand out amongst the other files so it's easy to miss if you're not following the tutorial carefully).

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Adding it now. What 20XX features, if any, would still be present without the modified Start.dol?

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Maybe for the next version the file replacements folder could include Start.dol already inside a folder named "&&system data"? It is somewhat confusing that everything in the file replacements folder goes in root except Start.dol (which doesn't stand out amongst the other files so it's easy to miss if you're not following the tutorial carefully).
The only “features” they would have are menu/stage select textures. No features from added code to the game.

It is a good idea to put it in the system data folder. I was planning on doing this in the next release because a new TOC file will be added as well that goes in that folder. At that point, I’ll probably just include all the files from that folder instead of just these two, so that people can just directly copy and paste the entire contents of the file replacements folder.

---------------------------------------------
So I haven’t gotten much time at all to code in these past couple days, but I did manage to complete my “test” of adding music to the game and having it choose between songs like I desire. It was successful. If I can fully implement the system I have designed in my head, it should be amazing and truly refreshing to the game.

Side note: I’m starting to despise the debug menu. It’s such a love-hate relationship. I want it to be so good, but it always throws a temper tantrum.

Last edited:

iZivix

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all the responses! Unfortunately I don't believe putting start.dol in the wrong spot was the problem. I did put start.dol in the &&system data folder but still have this problem. Could it be anything else? Thanks!

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the responses! Unfortunately I don't believe putting start.dol in the wrong spot was the problem. I did put start.dol in the &&system data folder but still have this problem. Could it be anything else? Thanks!
I seriously doubt that it's anything else since the start.dol is what contains the character unlocks etc.

Tsunetoma

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tsunetoma
My grab is disabled in training mode?

in training mode when I grab a cpu nothing happens, the bug is only happening in the mode, it works normally in any other mode, how can I fix this?

Edit: restarted dolphin and the issue is fixed

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
So I haven’t gotten much time at all to code in these past couple days, but I did manage to complete my “test” of adding music to the game and having it choose between songs like I desire. It was successful. If I can fully implement the system I have designed in my head, it should be amazing and truly refreshing to the game.
I am so excited. I think I like the custom music more than anything else so having whatever songs I want on stages is gonna be sick as hell.

IdkLmao

Banned via Warnings
Nvm. I was putting a suggestion in here and I just realized its probably way too much for the hackpack

Last edited:

BasicallyRyan

Smash Cadet
Thanks for this, it has really helped us advance as a community because people with PM were able to not have to spend the 50$ on a copy of Melee :D

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a link for the AI changes. Like file offsets and changes? I'm interested to what extent the cpu AI is understood and moddable.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Since this is still unresolved for you I may have some insight, and for others who have run into this issue. I stopped trying to install 3.02 about a month ago because of frustration, I'd done it right 100 times from start to finish and 3.0 would still show up, incredibly perplexing. Well I can boot from both SD and USB, I forgot I had a copy of 20xx on my SD card as well. despite updating and running from USB's many times it must draw from the SD somehow, once I took the USB out of the equation and just ran 3.02 off the SD card, it worked.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Hey, I'm not too sure if this has been mentioned before but, I changed my Language Settings to Japanese and everything worked perfectly fine, all the alts, hacked stages, everything, EVEN THE BLUE POKEMON STADIUM. My thoughts are that Achilles put the Blue PS textures in the Japanese part of the game or something? I hope this will help Achilles! I'm also using a 4.3U Wii, booting 20XX from a USB using USB Loader GX and my Dios Mios is 2.10

Last edited:

Espi

Smash Journeyman
What files do I need to remove to get rid of the PAL function? I see people at tournaments/smashfests accidentally use PAL and we don't need it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
What files do I need to remove to get rid of the PAL function? I see people at tournaments/smashfests accidentally use PAL and we don't need it.
In the 3.02 DOL file, at offset 0x3f84c4 change 408201e4 to 480001e4.
This is right after it polls the controller input and looks for if R is pressed. The original instruction is a "bne" (branch not equal, so if not equal to R, branch to check other area of code. But if equal to R, execute code directly underneath it - the PAL stuff). And doing the above change will change it from "bne" to "b" which is just a simple branch to...
So it ignores the result of the comparison to see if R is pressed and it will just always branch to the next section and never execute the PAL stuff.

CoLiteral

Smash Rookie
What should I look at when buying an sd card for 20xx? I have one already, but I also use it for PM ant it takes awhile to switch.

Also, should you play 20xx with a GC memory card in?

oksas

oak-sauce
not sure about an sd card, in regards to memory card though, either way is fine. if you do use a memory card it will save your 20xx settings (stuff like whether color overlays are turned on, whether random music is turned on, etc.) but using a memory card with both 20xx and regular melee shouldn't do anything bad, afaik

Espi

Smash Journeyman
What should I look at when buying an sd card for 20xx? I have one already, but I also use it for PM ant it takes awhile to switch.

Also, should you play 20xx with a GC memory card in?
Get an SD card similar to the one that you already use for PM. It will work exactly the same.

T0RN

I'm Torn
So I have a problem. I created a 20XX iso and added a ton of custom stuff. Costumes, effects, etc. It works perfectly on my laptop and has all of the added custom stuff, but when I put it onto my 16 GB sd to use on the homebrew channel on wii (using nintendont to boot game) none of my custom stuff loads. Just plain 20XX. Help?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I have a problem. I created a 20XX iso and added a ton of custom stuff. Costumes, effects, etc. It works perfectly on my laptop and has all of the added custom stuff, but when I put it onto my 16 GB sd to use on the homebrew channel on wii (using nintendont to boot game) none of my custom stuff loads. Just plain 20XX. Help?
You probably have another version of 20xx on your sd card?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I do not believe so... I will send you a video of the set up once I return to NC
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but there just has to be something wrong with your process of transferring over the ISO, or playing the correct one or something.

The game can't just use files that don't exist in the filesystem anymore.

T0RN

I'm Torn
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but there just has to be something wrong with your process of transferring over the ISO, or playing the correct one or something.
The game can't just use files that don't exist in the filesystem anymore.
Yes I completely understand that, and that is why I was confused. I will try to fix it myself, and if I run into any troubles, I will message you.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
For some reason, the added stages to the newest update aren't showing in my stage selection screen (ex. target test and other PS1 stage). I'm runnning 20XX on Dolphin, if that means anything. Anyway I can fix this?

Top Bottom