• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Starreaver1

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, I figured you would know this, you know how you change the background color of the charatcer selecting by pressing L?

Is there a way to, instead of changing just the background color, to actually change the csp as well?

If so, what file(s) would I be looking for?
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Also, CSP data is located in MnSlChr.usd/dat.

edmundhnd

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is intended, but Ganondorf's Up-B / Dark Dive stays ground level when used from standing.

edmundhnd

Smash Rookie
This pretty much happens every time youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SOkFxM_VVJ0#t=159

Been playing 20XX on dolphin a lot with my friend who mains ganon and he says its not supposed to do that.

Maybe I patched my game wrong or something?

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
This pretty much happens every time youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SOkFxM_VVJ0#t=159

Been playing 20XX on dolphin a lot with my friend who mains ganon and he says its not supposed to do that.

Maybe I patched my game wrong or something?
Uhhh this should not be happening lol.

Works fine in my version.

samoht

Smash Rookie
Hmm maybe ill try them again but last time i tried i was invisible and im pretty sure im on newest version

Didact25

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles, would it be possible to have the p2 action toggles/cpu commands be applied to other controllers? Like p1 controls p2 slot and p3 controls p4 slot for commands? That way me and my practice buddy could practice on two different dummies at the same time. I think this is a feature that a lot of people would benefit from. Thanks for all your hard work!

spy_

Smash Rookie
Thanks for such a good mod; I just downloaded it and got it running. I was really excited to try the custom skins of certain characters, but when I tried to load either vs. cpu or human, Smash got stuck on the stage loading screen and never finished. Is this a common problem, or have I done something wrong?

edit: I'm a tech noob; I have the .gmc file that works with Dolphin and whatnot, and it loads. However, I have no .iso files anywhere. I'm really confused because the 20XX stuff revolves around .iso this and that, which I don't have. I'm sure my question is nooby but I'm going crazy lol

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for such a good mod; I just downloaded it and got it running. I was really excited to try the custom skins of certain characters, but when I tried to load either vs. cpu or human, Smash got stuck on the stage loading screen and never finished. Is this a common problem, or have I done something wrong?

edit: I'm a tech noob; I have the .gmc file that works with Dolphin and whatnot, and it loads. However, I have no .iso files anywhere. I'm really confused because the 20XX stuff revolves around .iso this and that, which I don't have. I'm sure my question is nooby but I'm going crazy lol
if the *.gmc file is about a Gigabyte big then it's likely going to be your iso, just with a different filename

bilf

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, is there a specific file that I can exclude from the file replacements in order to take out the PAL versions of the characters? I just find it inconvenient when someone who doesn't know they are doing accidentally presses R lol

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Hey achilles, is there anyway I could get a file for the stage select screen that has no color borders around the edges of the previews but still has the background simplified? I think it would look amazing and would really appreciate it if possible. Thank you.

Last edited:

thrash25

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles, would it be possible to have the p2 action toggles/cpu commands be applied to other controllers? Like p1 controls p2 slot and p3 controls p4 slot for commands? That way me and my practice buddy could practice on two different dummies at the same time. I think this is a feature that a lot of people would benefit from. Thanks for all your hard work!
this would be crazy good.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey achilles, is there anyway I could get a file for the stage select screen that has no color borders around the edges of the previews but still has the background simplified? I think it would look amazing and would really appreciate it if possible. Thank you.
Just replace MnSlMap.usd with a vanilla(ish) one.
http://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/page-6#post-16993303

This is still the version that freezes while sitting at the MnSlChr screen as well?
Well, it should be, and I fixed it a while ago. I just sat at the Start Screen while eating dinner and we're still rollin' strong.

Hey guys, is there a specific file that I can exclude from the file replacements in order to take out the PAL versions of the characters? I just find it inconvenient when someone who doesn't know they are doing accidentally presses R lol
In the 3.02 DOL file, at offset 0x3f84c4 change 408201e4 to 480001e4.
This is right after it polls the controller input and looks for if R is pressed. The original instruction is a "bne" (branch not equal, so if not equal to R, branch to check other area of code. But if equal to R, execute code directly underneath it - the PAL stuff). And doing the above change will change it from "bne" to "b" which is just a simple branch to...
So it ignores the result of the comparison to see if R is pressed and it will just always branch to the next section and never execute the PAL stuff.
Yeah it's possible, but not with how a lot of the actions are currently programmed (because there is a mix of forcing actions and forcing buttons presses). With the player flags, you can have P2 control P3 or P4 and the other character(s) will perform the forced button presses as well. Basically, a lot of the aerials (like nair OoS) won't work, but actions like holding shield or the spam input command will.

I'll be thinking about this in the future when I start rewriting these player action codes but I'm just not there yet.

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Bug Report: uhh yeah you probably know this stuff already since this is my first time doing this, but I've noticed that when you do the Salty Runback option ( B+A) on Custom BattleField it reverts back to Original BattleField, also Occasional random teleporting, in this one spot on yoshi's story with Kirby when i taunted it always magically put me on one of the platforms. I also practice alot against sheik because my friend mains her, and I've noticed that she occasionally teleports (Not her UP-B move) back to the stage, when she is way up in the air.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
In the 3.02 DOL file, at offset 0x3f84c4 change 408201e4 to 480001e4.
This is right after it polls the controller input and looks for if R is pressed. The original instruction is a "bne" (branch not equal, so if not equal to R, branch to check other area of code. But if equal to R, execute code directly underneath it - the PAL stuff). And doing the above change will change it from "bne" to "b" which is just a simple branch to...
So it ignores the result of the comparison to see if R is pressed and it will just always branch to the next section and never execute the PAL stuff.
This is going to work with any version that has that feature including 3.03, right?
Edit: Seems that I've found the values 408201e4 at 0x27858. I don't know what to think of that exactly so I'll just wait for your input, oh great achilles, haha. :p

Also, strangely enough, all doing that seemed to do is remove the custom stage previews. The color boarders are gone at first but after toggling the custom stages on and off again, they return.

Oh, and one last question. What file contains the blue PS stage?

Last edited:

LukenDan

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I just installed 20XX, and whenever I edit something in the Debug menu and attempt to start the game up again, it freezes. I figured it must have been an issue with Start.dol, but when I re-downloaded the replacement file I was left with the same problem. Help?

youtube.com/rp7wUSmQYWo

Demonstration video^^^

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hey there, I just installed 20XX, and whenever I edit something in the Debug menu and attempt to start the game up again, it freezes. I figured it must have been an issue with Start.dol, but when I re-downloaded the replacement file I was left with the same problem. Help?

youtube.com/rp7wUSmQYWo

Demonstration video^^^
Turn off global Melee netplay settings.

Kramepie

Smash Rookie
Hey dudes, I'm brand new to 20xx and first of all I wanna say thanks to Achilles and anyone else who's put in the time to produce this for the community.

With that said, I'm having a lot of trouble doing anything more than standard friendlies. When I toggle anything or try to play something like classic 1p mode my game always freezes. I used the latest version of the install guide (I think), the one with nintendont. Anyway, I'd love some help thanks

Smog

Smash Journeyman
I just got the hack pack. Why is the percent damage randomly changing during a battle? Is it a toggle I turned on?
When I hang from the ledge, my percent doesn't stop changing

Never mind I turned on the frame counter, I'm an idiot sorry, haha.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hey dudes, I'm brand new to 20xx and first of all I wanna say thanks to Achilles and anyone else who's put in the time to produce this for the community.

With that said, I'm having a lot of trouble doing anything more than standard friendlies. When I toggle anything or try to play something like classic 1p mode my game always freezes. I used the latest version of the install guide (I think), the one with nintendont. Anyway, I'd love some help thanks
The game will freeze when it tries to load certain trophies that have been replaced with extra character files for the alt costumes and PAL characters. So in 1P mode if one of those trophies gets loaded by the game, it will freeze. However thanks to Sham Rock's discovery, I bet that won't be an issue in the next update.

Kramepie

Smash Rookie
The game will freeze when it tries to load certain trophies that have been replaced with extra character files for the alt costumes and PAL characters. So in 1P mode if one of those trophies gets loaded by the game, it will freeze. However thanks to Sham Rock's discovery, I bet that won't be an issue in the next update.
Cool, I hope so. Any suggestion for the in game toggles freezing up my wii? It wasn't an issue at first but about a week later it freezes up really easily if I make a few commands in vs mode

CeLL

Smash Lord
Cool, I hope so. Any suggestion for the in game toggles freezing up my wii? It wasn't an issue at first but about a week later it freezes up really easily if I make a few commands in vs mode
Using the save states while in certain states will freeze the game, as well as using the spacie CPU commands with non-spacies.

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
Hey there. I downloaded this and it works great, except when I press Dpad up while shielding. When the character whose shield is hit, it instantly goes really really small and teleports a bit below the character. If I then press shield again it freezes the game and an audibly loud "BRRRRRRRRRR" emits.

Is this a known issue and are there any fixes for it?

PinkSlink

Smash Rookie
Dear achilles,
when i play 20XX on my console via (dios mios) pokemon stadium (no transformations) is green instead of blue and the blood falcon alt skin just loads as normal blood falcon but when i play on dolphin with the same iso file i have neither of these problems.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Dear achilles,
when i play 20XX on my console via (dios mios) pokemon stadium (no transformations) is green instead of blue and the blood falcon alt skin just loads as normal blood falcon but when i play on dolphin with the same iso file i have neither of these problems.
This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next update.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey there. I downloaded this and it works great, except when I press Dpad up while shielding. When the character whose shield is hit, it instantly goes really really small and teleports a bit below the character. If I then press shield again it freezes the game and an audibly loud "BRRRRRRRRRR" emits.

Is this a known issue and are there any fixes for it?
same issue here.
i came across this glitch sometimes and never knew how to reproduce it.

b moves make everything go back to normal again btw

Last edited:

Eterney

Smash Rookie
Hi ! People must have asked about this before, but...
I downloaded and installed the latest version of the hack, replacing files from a melee 1.02 iso that I found on the internet.
I run the game on my wii through Dios Mios but since I have a PAL console it runs in black & white...
Is there any way to avoid it ? Should I hack a different iso ?

Top Bottom