• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ugh there is just this one bug with the boot to CSS code that when you hit "back" to go back to the menu for the first time, it brings you to the Start Screen instead. Everytime after the first it works normally...but I hate it and this is stopping me from posting 2.07 at the moment. So frustrating.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ugh there is just this one bug with the boot to CSS code that when you hit "back" to go back to the menu for the first time, it brings you to the Start Screen instead. Everytime after the first it works normally...but I hate it and this is stopping me from posting 2.07 at the moment. So frustrating.
F***ing hours later, I figured it out. That took way longer than expected. I'll post 2.07 tomorrow.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
I'm just thinking, wouldn't it make sense to just make the start button work like dpad up on css screen? So pressing start at css goes to stage select regardless of how many characters have been selected?

The only reason I can think of not to do this is that you want to keep make sure 20XX doesn't overwrite any normal functionality.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way of making a salty runback feature that loads a different level randomly so that u dont have to go back through css and sss? I think this would be an amazing feature and save a lot of time!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there a way of making a salty runback feature that loads a different level randomly so that u dont have to go back through css and sss? I think this would be an amazing feature and save a lot of time!
Yep. Just wait a few hours until I get off work :)

Seriously though, does anyone know why I can't edit the main post anymore without getting an error message? I'm gonna send AZ a message...

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
would you be able to put it in a post (not the OP) in the meantime? <3

are you going to EVO, achilles?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
20XX 2.07 - Pretest 6.dol
I am calling this a pretest because I am in such a hurry (in real life) right now to make it back home in Cincinnati tonight and don't have time for a full post yet. I also might add one minor detail to the final.

Since the last pretest,

- Boot to CSS and memory card data is loaded.

- Debug Menu Addition: Endless Friendlies
- After a match ends, another one will immediately load with a random stage based on the random stage toggle
- rage quit to get back to the character select screen.
- D-Pad Up in Training Mode freezes the CPUs percent. Hitting it again unfreezes it.

- Debug Toggles are saved to memory card the moment you exit the Debug Menu
- Widescreen, Skip Results, and Endless Friendlies toggle values save, but upon booting, if they have been changed from the default values, the effects will not go into place until you exit the debug menu again. I'll talk more about this when I update the post.
Sorry for such a rushed post. I'll explain more later, but I wanted to get the latest out to you guys right now because I said I would.

And if a phantom joystick (which is actually p2) ever gets stuck up or down or whatever at he menus, keep hitting B to go back to the Start screen and then hit start and it should fix the problem

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
And if a phantom joystick (which is actually p2) ever gets stuck up or down or whatever at he menus, keep hitting B to go back to the Start screen and then hit start and it should fix the problem.

Wolf_Shadowheart

Smash Rookie
I had one of those rare occurrences just minutes ago. I did everything I normally do: Open homebrew > usb_GX > and I play Melee.
I've noticed the most glitches with the screen where computers are fighting in random matches. I booted up and pressed A to continue with no memory card and went to the start screen. However when it opened the Solo>Melee screen the player 2 phantom was already pressing down on the controller like the **** he can be ;). So I pressed B and Start again as there had never been a problem reset ting before. Unfortunately, I stayed on the start screen just after longer than I meant to. The characters were fighting, and it zoomed in on Kirby-linkhat. I pressed B and the game froze.

I've had a few issues with the computer player games (where there's no one playing) in the past, so that may be something you want to look into. I believe it may have to do with the problem you had with the "save states". Kirby after all was in the middle of a ariel punch animation, and zoomed in to the point where he was the screen. I suppose I usually press B earlier when they are all just walking. In any case I held the button for 4 seconds like normal and tried to boot it up again. Except this time the memory card was wiped!

Luckily I have backups everywhere and you may be posting the final 2.07 tomorrow (WHICH IS AMAZING)! This whole scenario is on version 2.06. I find it likely that it is because I am using an 8 gig SDHC card. I was kind of amazed it worked in the first place, so this is hilarious to me. I have noticed 3 problems with the playing the 20xx CPU's. They air dodge like CRAZY. "Oh, I'm off the edge? I'll AIR DODGE". It may be a combo wrecker or attempt to tech for some reason. I dunno, it's interesting. The other issue is when you input any kind of P2-Spam they are not afraid to run right off the edge. I've learned to avoid this by firing a laser at them from behind. Finally, when I do a salty runback, P2 will just run off the edge. That's all!

The hack pack is amazing, and you and your team (everyone who is contributing to this project) are amazing. Sorry this is such a long post!

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
With the new version, because it loads your stage list from the memory card, if you toggle alt stages and then turn off the game it will save that stage list for the next time you turn on the game causing you to play on default temple etc.

also all the settings save except endless friendlies will not work unless you go back to the title screen

Last edited:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Not sure if this has been changed since 2.06, but would it be possible to have fox/falco always face towards you when doing dair>grab>upthrow or SHL?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
If you've ever messed around with manually editing name tags in Dolphin, you'll notice that the areas where each name tag is stored gets directly copied to the memory card. Or at least this is what I noticed after some testing (and this is why extended name tags can be saved to mem card and work on vanilla melee).

Well, what I also noticed is that, for whatever reason, there is a bunch of [supposed] free space in between each name tag (0's). And the other day I finally came to the realization that I could use this free space to store the debug menu toggles. So that's no problem...just write a code that copies the debug menu data to that "memory card info" location.
That space is statistics for the Data > Melee Records > Vs Records screen. i.e., this tag is 3-1 against that tag, this tag uses this character this many times, yada yada.

Does the game id have to be GALE01 for memory card saving to work?

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
That space is statistics for the Data > Melee Records > Vs Records screen. i.e., this tag is 3-1 against that tag, this tag uses this character this many times, yada yada.

Does the game id have to be GALE01 for memory card saving to work?
Nope; works with the game id as GALEXX. I wonder why it doesn't show my custom banner as part of the save data on either console though. It just looks like the same save data with different dates. Doesn't look different when viewing in the gcmm app either though you can see the game id difference.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Using version 2.06 on dolphin, flash red on missed l-cancel doesnt work. Even when it's not on, my character flashes white whether or not I l-cancel an aerial or not. Any ideas?

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this is normal or commonly asked question, but the music is kinda weird (dreamland playing on flat zone) is there a way to fix this?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Using version 2.06 on dolphin, flash red on missed l-cancel doesnt work. Even when it's not on, my character flashes white whether or not I l-cancel an aerial or not. Any ideas?
You must have "flash white on l-cancel" cheat enabled. 2.06 works fine for me on Dolphin, except enabling widescreen appears to do nothing.

Doq

Smash Lord
You must have "flash white on l-cancel" cheat enabled. 2.06 works fine for me on Dolphin, except enabling widescreen appears to do nothing.
I think that's "supposed" to happen?
Yeah, I've noticed it doesn't work in Dolphin. I think it's due to some problem with how Dolphin uses a cache-like version of the DOL file contents once it is initially loaded into memory. So making changes to that DOL-area code midgame (which is what happens with Widescreen), doesn't actually cause a change. This is not the case when playing on console.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Endless friendlies is amazing!
Just to make sure, having set to 2 on debug mode turns it on right? Default is at 3 which I believe is off and I don't remember what 1 does.

Sometimes however, when it's supposed to choose a stage, it will just get stuck in the black screen and you have to reset the wii to get out of it.

Also, I noticed that it doesn't load the pokemon (no transformations) stage correctly and just loads Mushroom Kingdom I.

Other than that this feature is godsend, or should I say achilles-send ^^.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Not sure if this has been changed since 2.06, but would it be possible to have fox/falco always face towards you when doing dair>grab>upthrow or SHL?
Yes, it's possible. When I eventually get back to making P2 action stuff, I'll probably end up making my own "object" list which will have the subtracted horizontal and vertical coordinates of each player. I think I'll have to make this unless there's already a memory address that correlates player's positions which I do not know about.
Endless friendlies is amazing!
Just to make sure, having set to 2 on debug mode turns it on right? Default is at 3 which I believe is off and I don't remember what 1 does.

Sometimes however, when it's supposed to choose a stage, it will just get stuck in the black screen and you have to reset the wii to get out of it.

Also, I noticed that it doesn't load the pokemon (no transformations) stage correctly and just loads Mushroom Kingdom I.

Other than that this feature is godsend, or should I say achilles-send ^^.
Thanks for the info! @Sham Rock (and partly InternetExplorer) wrote the code a few months ago, which I initially tested and found the black screen problem. I haven't gotten around to playing a real session with Endless Friendlies on to see if it had fixed itself [magically], but it seems like it hasn't. I think it will be a hard thing to fix because I haven't been able to replicate the bug on Dolphin (and it's a bad bug...). Maybe I'll step through the code in Dolphin and see if registers need to be set back to a value or something. Idk...that sucks though. Roughly how long do you play with it before it you get the black screen? If it doesn't vary too greatly. Sorry!

My post about this on March 6, before I wrote anything with Melee code.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
It seems kind of random. I would say that it happens about 10% of the time. Yesterday, it happened a lot like around 50% of the time. Today, it seemed a lot less but still occurred. I was trying to see if it was a specific level that was causing it but I'm pretty sure that we played on every level so I don't think that's the case.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Nonetheless, they want accurate emulation. Since it works on Wii, it ought to work on Dolphin. I'll ask them about it.
I can rewrite my code to fix it.

Codes of mine that don't work in Dolphin are because I am changing a line in, what would be, the normal DOL contents midgame to tell it to branch to my custom code instead of doing the normal code line. But that change only happens based on what the Debug Menu toggle value is (after you press Start at the Screen!, aka leave the Debug Menu).

So right when you press Start, it:

1) reads the debug toggle.
2) writes the line of code to branch to custom code or just writes the original default value.

And Dolphin does not like this.

But I should be able to rewrite the code to always branch and then just do a comparison.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It seems kind of random. I would say that it happens about 10% of the time. Yesterday, it happened a lot like around 50% of the time. Today, it seemed a lot less but still occurred. I was trying to see if it was a specific level that was causing it but I'm pretty sure that we played on every level so I don't think that's the case.
Okay, thanks. I'll look into it. Like I said, I don't have many ideas on this one, but I'll make an attempt.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Oh and it should be default to 1(?). Turning the toggle to 2 will turn it on.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and also, to make it work, you need to go to debug mode and hit B in order for the endless code to be applied. Is there a way of making it so that you don't have to do this? And you need to do this every time when you get the black screen freeze.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I can rewrite my code to fix it.

Codes of mine that don't work in Dolphin are because I am changing a line in, what would be, the normal DOL contents midgame to tell it to branch to my custom code instead of doing the normal code line. But that change only happens based on what the Debug Menu toggle value is (after you press Start at the Screen!, aka leave the Debug Menu).

So right when you press Start, it:

1) reads the debug toggle.
2) writes the line of code to branch to custom code or just writes the original default value.

And Dolphin does not like this.

But I should be able to rewrite the code to always branch and then just do a comparison.
Why do other debug toggles work?

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
I have something to report:
After playing a regular match(not versus) the game freaks out and infinitely scrolls up or down, even without controllers.

Everytime I press R and a direction on the D-pad, the game crashes, regardless of anything.

Also sometimes I can't get the in game toggle to work (i.e. Infinite Shield, P2 Actions)

Last edited:

carnivore

Smash Cadet
1. Would it be possible for me to change what the default debug menu values are for my ISO? Or is that not something not easily editable/you don't want people to have access to? I ask because I play without memory cards on dolphin, so it's a hassle to have to redo the debug menu each time.

2. Can we get a Dreamland with no wind? Debug menu or separate map on the selection screen would be great.

fwb

Smash Cadet
1. Would it be possible for me to change what the default debug menu values are for my ISO? Or is that not something not easily editable/you don't want people to have access to? I ask because I play without memory cards on dolphin, so it's a hassle to have to redo the debug menu each time.
You can use a savestate in dolphin, hotkeys make it super easy. Or just push the pause button and leave it minimized.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Oh, and also, to make it work, you need to go to debug mode and hit B in order for the endless code to be applied. Is there a way of making it so that you don't have to do this? And you need to do this every time when you get the black screen freeze.
Why do other debug toggles work?
Yes it can be done.

In the last explanation I gave, I will need to rewrite it so that it always branches to new code, and not only sometimes. And then within that new code, immediately pull the debug toggle value and either make it perform the endless friendlies stuff, or do whatever is normally necessary to not have that happen....and then branch back to the code line it was at.

If you follow that link I gave earlier about Endless Friendlies info, it uses the same basic code as the Salty Runback and just modifies a value to make the game go to the stage selection screen after finishing a match. And if you have the stage selection set to "Random", then it will just load the next stage.

So after exiting the debug menu, new code gets written to Salty Runback code section that I inserted into the DOL file, to make it ignore the holding A+B thing and to make it always go back to the stage select screen. So that is changing lines in the "DOL contents" within the RAM, in the middle of playing the game. Instead of changing and rewriting code lines after exiting the debug menu, the check for the debug toggle should be written at the beginning of the salty runback code (at the end of a match).

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm getting game freezes regardless of stage and characters used in versus mode. I'm booting the iso via USBLoader GX
Is this the black screen freeze when playing Endless Friendlies that we are talking about?

I have something to report:
After playing a regular match(not versus) the game freaks out and infinitely scrolls up or down, even without controllers.

Everytime I press R and a direction on the D-pad, the game crashes, regardless of anything.

Also sometimes I can't get the in game toggle to work (i.e. Infinite Shield, P2 Actions)
So by regular match do you mean a 1p match of some sort? I know it can happen after playing training mode, which I will fix.

2. Can we get a Dreamland with no wind? Debug menu or separate map on the selection screen would be great.
Yes, you can manually change the default debug toggle values. You'll need to open the DOL file in a hex editor and go to certain lines and change values. Save it and then replace the DOL file in your ISO.

A couple values (offsets within the DOL file):

DUAL 1V1: 0x3f73c3
FLASH NO L: 0x3f73c7
COLORS: 0x3f73cb
INGAME OFF: 0x3f73cf

They're all next to each other, you should be able to figure it out.

And yes, I think I could add in Dreamland with no wind as an option. I'd like to eventually integrate this into the hack stages toggle in some manner, along with things like no lava on Brinstar and no arwings on Corneria. In the meantime, you can obviously run those stage hack Gecko/AR codes while playing with the 20XX pack.

Achilles, do you think it's will be easy to freeze to the desired damage % selected on training mode ?

With a toogle ( off by defaut ) in the debug menu.

It will be pretty usefull for low % infinite chaingrab/techchase :/
Make sure to try out this feature that I added, per your request @Qual_ .

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Yes, you can manually change the default debug toggle values. You'll need to open the DOL file in a hex editor and go to certain lines and change values. Save it and then replace the DOL file in your ISO.

Thanks! worked like a charm. double thanks for pointing out the other useful toggles

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice

Do you think you could whip up a quick GUI for this? Or anyone else for that matter. I'd like to patch every new DOL with FLASH NO L enabled by default, but that gets tedious, and I'll forget later.

EDIT: I forgot that the new debug toggles saving should fix my problem on a Wii, but on Dolphin I use no memcard. Also, do you have the Widescreen offset handy?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Do you think you could whip up a quick GUI for this? Or anyone else for that matter. I'd like to patch every new DOL with FLASH NO L enabled by default, but that gets tedious, and I'll forget later.

EDIT: I forgot that the new debug toggles saving should fix my problem on a Wii, but on Dolphin I use no memcard. Also, do you have the Widescreen offset handy?
I have no idea how to go about making a GUI for this. I've never done anything like that.

Widescreen offset should be 0x3f73d3. But I dont think the Widescreen toggle works on Dolphin as of now, so you should just activate the Gecko code in that case.

Top Bottom