• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Malurth

Smash Cadet
Somehow, a P2 action toggle is staying active after exiting a game.

If you can give me the exact steps to replicate the issue upon bootup, then I should be able to figure out why this happens.
Well, just as a test to see if I could get good repro steps I went into bootup > training mode > jigglypuff with CPU falco > final destination > toggle on infinite shield > quit out, and the result was an input that drifted up and to the left at half-speed and still auto-struck stages.

Maybe it's training mode.

Edit: Trying it again, however, yielded no errant behavior.
Edit2: Turned on short hop laser falco code, quit out, no drifting but stages are auto-struck. Seems to me like training mode just isn't turning them off.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Oh...training mode. Yeah, that's probably it. The location where the P2 action toggle flag values and input information is stored, is in a place that gets reset to 0 after returning to the CSS. So even if a P2 action toggle is ON and you quit out of a game, it will turn off the toggle when you get to the CSS.

But returning to the training mode CSS probably doesn't do the same. If you toggle off the P2 action (L+R+D-Pad Down) before exiting, then it should be normal.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
I followed Beanwolf's video tutorial to the letter however I encounter a problem when I try to have GCReEx unpack/repack the iso; it just tells me that there is no such file or directory in the folder, which I know is not true. Can't seem to hunt down a solution anywhere

OninO

Smash Journeyman
I followed Beanwolf's video tutorial to the letter however I encounter a problem when I try to have GCReEx unpack/repack the iso; it just tells me that there is no such file or directory in the folder, which I know is not true. Can't seem to hunt down a solution anywhere
You're not going deep enough, go one folder further down, i.e. click on the folder actually called "root"

edb1rd

Smash Rookie
Anyone have an idea as to why the alternate costumes look like this for me? It really doesn't matter to me, I think the Captain costume looks pretty sick. I'm just curious to know.
IMG_20140527_201458.jpg

Last edited:

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
You're not going deep enough, go one folder further down, i.e. click on the folder actually called "root"
I managed to fix it, I'm not sure what the issue was so unfortunately I'm not sure if your solution was actually helpful, but thank you either way :D

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering, but has anybody installed d2x or did most go straight to CFL loader and then dios mios lite? I just want to see if people have encountered problems with or without the app. Thank you.

Last edited:

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have an idea as to why the alternate costumes look like this for me? It really doesn't matter to me, I think the Captain costume looks pretty sick. I'm just curious to know.
View attachment 14930
That's because you're using the alts I put in and not the ones that Achilles put in his standard pack (they're in the pack I linked on my youtube video). You can replace them with anything you like as per achilles instructions a page or two back, but you basically need a Neutral Fox, Neutral Marth, or Blue CFlacon texture and then you rename it to the correct file.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@AC
Just wondering, but has anybody installed d2x or did most go straight to CFL loader and then dios mios lite? I just want to see if people have encountered problems with or without the app. Thank you.
d2x is a system IOS (like IOS236), its not really an app. but yeah i have it installed, works fine with the training pack
20XX approved :D

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
it would be awesome if falco laz0r spam was half as fast for practicing power shielding or if you could just control the rate of fire

Last edited:

ethicks

Smash Rookie
This is pretty much the worst news I could ever get. Thank you for notifying me of this, though.

Wow...where to go from here....

The last thing I would ever want to do is add any sort of noticeable amount of lag into the game. No one gets anything out of that and it will only hurt you, as a player, in the long run. When I put these codes in the game (and any ASM injection code), I am essentially adding lines of code that the game needs to execute (checks for button activators and such). Now, I'm not aware of the exact number of lines of code that the game executes in one frame (it's a lot), but I must be getting close to this number or something for lines of code that I am adding.

Well, I am devastated, to say the least. I know of a few things I could add to make things more efficient, but it might not even be worth it. It's all crap now and needs to be totally rewritten. I might just take every in-game code completely out...idk. I don't even know what to think right now.

I wish I had my wavebirds to do some testing wth. Can other people run some tests to confirm?
Mope you are actually fine. I should have updated this earlier. It was through dolphin and somehow my controller config was borked. I checked multiple times. No frames were added. Everything works as it should.

My bad. Carry on with the awesome hack pack.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Absolutely amazing work to everyone involved with this. I'm very excited about active melee hackers. It's so much easier to make codes in melee than brawl haha.

I'm going to try and look into removing the 256 code limit

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Had a rather busy day yesterday. After work I went to the bank to get a loan for my car I'm going to buy this weekend....fun stuff.

I should have time tonight to try and fix the SDI thing.

Before I went to bed last night, I did a few minutes of work on a side project of messing around with the pause camera limits. I found the offsets relating to the maximum/minimum values and changing these to certain values will let you, basically, free look around. That alone is not new stuff, but I am looking into making it a DOL mod. It's the little things...

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I have an old wii in which the disk drive doesn't work anymore. Here to hoping this works.
You got this. SD/USB is superior anyways. ;) PM me if you need help with setting stuff up!

Had a rather busy day yesterday. After work I went to the bank to get a loan for my car I'm going to buy this weekend....fun stuff.

I should have time tonight to try and fix the SDI thing.

Before I went to bed last night, I did a few minutes of work on a side project of messing around with the pause camera limits. I found the offsets relating to the maximum/minimum values and changing these to certain values will let you, basically, free look around. That alone is not new stuff, but I am looking into making it a DOL mod. It's the little things...
Grats on your purchase. The SDI fix will be awesome. It's still currently good for certain things but some of the SDI they do is sooooo godlike it's hilarious.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Absolutely amazing work to everyone involved with this. I'm very excited about active melee hackers. It's so much easier to make codes in melee than brawl haha.

I'm going to try and look into removing the 256 code limit
I too am going to look into this as well when I get the chance. Hopefully, changing the gameconfig file will act the same way with a GC game as it does with Wii games. I made an attempt to do this awhile back, to no avail...I think I was messing something up though. IE thinks it will work, which is a good sign!

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Thank you a lot for InGameToggles' ON/OFF.

"loupe" is a circle and a triangle when characters is out of screen.
Now widescreen, this loupe is a little far from edge of screen.

below is better I think. ( there re a loupe and a triangle near the edge of screen)

BUMP..... I have actually been wondering about the positioning of the bubble when characters are out of screen in the widescreen mode. The pic that Kou put up (RIGHT) is a pic of the older stretched HUD widescreen that has the perfect bubble positioned at the edge of the screen.

Here is a pic (LEFT) of that widescreen and the newest widescreen which is 98% perfect with the exception of the offscreen bubble being nowhere near the edge of the screen so it feels awkward when playing sometimes. And you see the comparison to the RIGHT photo.
widescreen incorrect and correct bubble.png

I've been fishing around to find the offsets in the start.dol file to fix this issue to make the widescreen absolutely 100% perfect but i've had no luck. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this problem as well.

I feel like if we somehow shift the characters HUD stock count icon all the way to the left, it may solve this problem.

Let me know what you guys find.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Good news is I got the iso to work right. I have 20xx patched on a laggy dolphin emulator. HOWEVER. I'm having a hard time loading it on the wii.

1. Do I need a usb device or can I load the iso/SD by it's self
2. If I can load it SD Card alone what is the best program to use.

pheijai

Smash Rookie
Do the CPUs over abuse airdodge for anybody? Or is that just me?

The CPUs on P2 (haven't tested for other players) keep airdodging and suiciding alot

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Good news is I got the iso to work right. I have 20xx patched on a laggy dolphin emulator. HOWEVER. I'm having a hard time loading it on the wii.

1. Do I need a usb device or can I load the iso/SD by it's self
2. If I can load it SD Card alone what is the best program to use.
You don't need to run it off USB. You can run it off an SD card. Just make sure your SD card is good enough (class 10, preferably), or else it might not run. I use CFG Loader.

Do the CPUs over abuse airdodge for anybody? Or is that just me?

The CPUs on P2 (haven't tested for other players) keep airdodging and suiciding alot
I'll need to investigate this. But yes, it's a problem.

Doq

Smash Lord
BUMP..... I have actually been wondering about the positioning of the bubble when characters are out of screen in the widescreen mode. The pic that Kou put up (RIGHT) is a pic of the older stretched HUD widescreen that has the perfect bubble positioned at the edge of the screen.

Here is a pic (LEFT) of that widescreen and the newest widescreen which is 98% perfect with the exception of the offscreen bubble being nowhere near the edge of the screen so it feels awkward when playing sometimes. And you see the comparison to the RIGHT photo.
View attachment 14973

I've been fishing around to find the offsets in the start.dol file to fix this issue to make the widescreen absolutely 100% perfect but i've had no luck. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this problem as well.

I feel like if we somehow shift the characters HUD stock count icon all the way to the left, it may solve this problem.

Let me know what you guys find.
No. That'd just make the right side pop out more. Not what we want.

Exor

Smash Cadet
Just got this working thanks to the Beanwolf tutorial. Pretty amazing stuff here! Keep up the great work.

Kuu

Smash Rookie
I've noticed the toggles I set in the debug menu aren't being saved so I have to re-enable them whenever I load the ISO. Is there a way to save my toggle settings, or is that not currently an available feature (sorry if someone has asked about this already)?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It's in the debug menu, under "Result Test". The value you want to set it to (Colors) is 2, as the main post says.
Thanks for answering his question.

I've noticed the toggles I set in the debug menu aren't being saved so I have to re-enable them whenever I load the ISO. Is there a way to save my toggle settings, or is that not currently an available feature (sorry if someone has asked about this already)?
You'll need to edit the DOL file you used and then reimport it into your ISO. It's not hard.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...2-action-toggles.351221/page-16#post-16797161

pheijai

Smash Rookie
the shine>wavedash after getting up for spacies is hilarious. who would've ever imagined a spacie double shining or even triple shining after getting up. But I think this is causing the issue of the air dodge abuse by CPUs that I brought up earlier.

I've seen it before when I shoot lasers at CPUs and they air dodge to avoid it, but I've never seen CPUs air dodge for absolutely no reason when I'm not moving or doing any sort of action. May want to look into the shine>wavedash stuff specifically. I am not that great with assembly code so I'll just stand by and test what I can with this wii of mine.

You might know of this issue already and you probably also know the cause of it too. Just thought I would bring it up just in case.

Thanks a ton for this huge awesome update achilles! Greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
When I try to extract the game on GCReEx, whenever I enter the command, the command prompt says it is not allowed to reshell, rehost, redistribute, or include this file in any packages. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Thanks for answering his question.
Np, and I have a quick question of my own now actually xD

After updating to 2.04, I haven't been able to get any of the ingame codes to activate when I start up a solo match with dpad-up (first I just replaced the Start.dol to upgrade, then tried building the 2.04 iso from scratch to be sure it wasn't just a bad patch or anything the first time). Strangely, everything still works totally fine when I start a match with another player in it, i.e. P2 CPU, and I don't think it's dependent on pressing Dpad-up to force load, so much as just the fact that I'm playing with only myself in the match. Any idea what's going on achilles? ^^

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Np, and I have a quick question of my own now actually xD

After updating to 2.04, I haven't been able to get any of the ingame codes to activate when I start up a solo match with dpad-up (first I just replaced the Start.dol to upgrade, then tried building the 2.04 iso from scratch to be sure it wasn't just a bad patch or anything the first time). Strangely, everything still works totally fine when I start a match with another player in it, i.e. P2 CPU, and I don't think it's dependent on pressing Dpad-up to force load, so much as just the fact that I'm playing with only myself in the match. Any idea what's going on achilles? ^^
Thanks for pointing this out. It's very odd that this wasn't an issue with earlier versions but now is....because I didn't change this section of code at all and I stepped through the code line by line in Dolphin and it looks to be doing exactly the same thing as it used to. I'll look into it some more.

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
I was able to found some menu textures offsets, but i can only edit them in black and white.
Here is a modification of the main screen of the game :

Download

Use GCR to replace GmTtAllmod.usd with the new one.

Top Bottom