• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Back in the good old days when I had 20XX (your version) before the meteor hit and wiped out my wii and all my smash gainz, I also had that problem. When I was tech chasing falcon w/ sheik, he would always tech in place. But I figured out the problem. I always do the appropriate amount of pummels before I dthrow in that situation, so I experimented with never pummeling. When I didn't pummel, falcon would randomly tech in place, left right, or no tech(although in that version, he would almost always getup attack after no tech.) So try not pummeling before you throw. I'm assuming you're throwing. If not, rip. Join the club of sad dejected broken 20XX busters.
I'm playing fox and I've tried to practice tech chasing off of throws, usmash, and aerials but they all yield the same result of the cpu spacie almost never teching in place

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Dont know if its just me, but in the beta 4, some of the alternate stages in the 2nd SSS appear as normal vanilla stages, like temple, green greens, great bay, etc.

Ssbm_Jag

Smash Journeyman
I could use some help. How exactly in 20XX can you use the free camera in develop mode. I am not able to access it. I want to be able to move around and see the Z-axis.

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to make a cpu for all characters do this type of stuff in 20xx could you toggle off powershields or have powershields happen randomly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQS8fymeSQ This is the video I am talking about. If not is there a way that you could make it so you choose like above a level 9 cpu and make it higher like level 20xx or something other then that.
It would be soo cool to do 20xx mode in adventure mode and the other modes in the game. I am working on defense and this would help me and a lot of people out. It would be also cool that the bots would attack with the quickest move from wherever they are on a level and continue from it.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
I think the best way is still just a random response time in frames where you declare the frame range and then the overall weighting by cpu level etc.

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to get the CPU to di in a particular way from the start screen? It would be really cool if you could set their di during a match / during a combo.

Stache

Smash Cadet
While 20XX shows the file names of each custom song that could be replaced, how could one change the title of the song?

lqzi

Smash Rookie
Don't know if anybody has reported this problem yet, but in the latest beta update, white y.link's second alt skin causes the game to crash.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
How To Add HPS Files to 20XX 4.0
(this requires GCR and rebuilding the ISO with checking "do not use game.toc")

This is current last song 20XX 4.0 Beta01.

But we can add more!

1) Obtain an HPS file of your liking.
2) As shown in the above screenshot, the last named file is 68.hps. We are adding another one. So increment the HPS name counter by one. In this example, I would rename my HPS file 69.hps. (The numbers are in hex. So after 69 comes 6A, then 6B, .... , then 6F, then 70, etc.)
NOTE: Letters within the file name ARE capitalized!

3) Extract a root folder of your 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR (at this point, you should probably just have a "master 20XX root" on your desktop or something).
4) Navigate into the "audio" folder and paste 69.hps

5) In your 20XX root folder, open MnSlChr.usd in a hex editor.
Go to offset 0x003edda8. This is a table of pointers. You don't really need to know what these actually do, but just go down to the very end and add one more entry (because you are adding one song). For your new entry, take the last entry and subtract 0x20.​

6) Now we need to add the song name ASCII text that will appear in the debug menu. In the step above, your new entry was "0x80fd9da0". Subtract 0x80bec720 from the new entry value. (In this example, 0x80fd9da0 - 0x80bec720 = 003ed680). Take the result and go to the offset in MnSlChr.usd.

7) Add your song name (ASCII to hex conversion). 31 character max.

8) Save MnSlChr.usd. Rebuild 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR while checking "do not use game.toc".
9) Major profit.

Yes, you can go all the way up to FF.hps.
Stache Stache

Last edited:

TheMkrds

Smash Rookie
Does anyone knows how to force load screen with on player, the command is now for metal characters

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
There's the PAL character toggling so it plays like PAL, and you since need to homebrew your Wii to use the 20XX pack anyway it doesn't matter whether you have a PAL or NTSC Wii (it works just as well on either). Did you mean to ask this in the 20XXTE thread?
wait can I get 20xx in europe without messing with my wii?

SNEAKY_URKEL

Smash Apprentice
Is the random DI fully random out of all the possible slight DIs? Or is it basically just hard right/left, no DI, and slight behind?

FLiiNcHy

Smash Rookie
i compared vanilla melee, 20XX 3.02, and 20XX TE with 4.0beta04 . I can shield drop on each version 10/10 except 4.0beta04, it's nearly impossible to consistently do it. Mind looking in to it?

Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Bandaid: I had progressive scan on i believe that was the issue

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
wait can I get 20xx in europe without messing with my wii?
No. You can't get it anywhere without homebrewing your Wii since you need to USB or SD load the game (the modified 20XX .iso).

There's a separate and completely unrelated project which confusingly also has 20XX in its name (20XX Tournament Edition) which can run on an unmodified console. It includes some of the features that the 20XX training pack has, but it's designed for tournament use so even the basic training features like random CPU DI aren't in it (though there are some unique and some shared features). 20XXTE is currently only available for NTSC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know if this was posted anywhere else on the thread, but to save time I'll ask here:

On my console (Wii) Whenever I try to edit the color overlays by selecting Wavedash overlays or Action State overlays the game freezes. I am running DM Lite and I'm not sure if that might have to do with it or not. I'm using the latest version and I had no errors when patching the iso with the batch file. Any ideas?

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
No. You can't get it anywhere without homebrewing your Wii since you need to USB or SD load the game (the modified 20XX .iso).

There's a separate and completely unrelated project which confusingly also has 20XX in its name (20XX Tournament Edition) which can run on an unmodified console. It includes some of the features that the 20XX training pack has, but it's designed for tournament use so even the basic training features like random CPU DI aren't in it (though there are some unique and some shared features). 20XXTE is currently only available for NTSC.
Oh alright thanks for the clarification

C-stick Gaming

Smash Rookie
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's a problem with the pack but when ever I try to use my custom music the game crashes at I think where the original song loops. is there something else I have have to do specifically for 20xx?

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
I don't know if this was posted anywhere else on the thread, but to save time I'll ask here:

On my console (Wii) Whenever I try to edit the color overlays by selecting Wavedash overlays or Action State overlays the game freezes. I am running DM Lite and I'm not sure if that might have to do with it or not. I'm using the latest version and I had no errors when patching the iso with the batch file. Any ideas?
Did you do what it said in the edit for the beta 4 post? That's what fixed it for me when I had that issue.
EDIT:
After creating the ISO, open it with GCR and replace the MnSlChr.usd file with this one.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achillies,

My suggestion for the widescreen labeling is as follows:

The current "TV" option should be labeled "Standard Widescreen", perhaps with an "if unsure, use this option" message. In most cases, this is the best option, and even when used on a monitor, it's only a tiny bit (~1%) off.

The monitor option should just stay the monitor option. The only real use case for that is a 16:9 monitor with a Wii HDMI adapter.

The Dolphin option should be relabeled "True 16:9", probably with an "advanced" tag. This option is intended to be used only if you manually force the game's active frame to be 16:9, by using Dolphin's stretch to window feature, nintendont's manual game width, or my "eliminating horizontal underscan" code.

So, TL;DR: "Standard Widescreen", "Monitor", and "True 16:9 (Advanced)". Sounds good?
Alright. Cleaned up the code a little bit and got it all changed.

SomethingAzn

Smash Cadet
I have no idea what I did, but all the players are now stuck at 0%. I changed the AI in player flags to crazy and then back to normal. Not sure if that is the reason.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
When is 4.0 next update coming? and is PAL gonna be included with that?
As a work around could one replace the current character files with the raw PAL versions?
I tried looking for the raw files since I have misplaced them somehow, but could't find them anywhere.

Stride

Smash Ace
When is 4.0 next update coming? and is PAL gonna be included with that?
As a work around could one replace the current character files with the raw PAL versions?
I tried looking for the raw files since I have misplaced them somehow, but could't find them anywhere.
PAL is already included; there are toggles on the CSS (right on the D-pad) and one in the debug menu (to determine whether you switch from NTSC to PAL or vice versa).

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
PAL is already included; there are toggles on the CSS (right on the D-pad) and one in the debug menu (to determine whether you switch from NTSC to PAL or vice versa).
Ugh I might have an outdated version somehow. When I try to switch to PAL with the old method of hitting R it changes to a metal version if I am not mistaken.

Edit: I think I can change my question to: When will 4.0 come out of beta then? :)

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Ugh I might have an outdated version somehow. When I try to switch to PAL with the old method of hitting R it changes to a metal version if I am not mistaken.

Edit: I think I can change my question to: When will 4.0 come out of beta then? :)
I was about to ask this.

Doq

Smash Lord
People keep asking for a PAL release because forcing NTSC requires a specific kind of TV.

What they don't realize is that PAL is a whole 'nother beast entirely. As 20XXHP is a really (REALLY) large mod, it would take twice as long as the entire course of development to port it to PAL Melee, roughly, give or take a half-as-long.

That said, there may not ever be a native-PAL release.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace

The method of changing to PAL is different in this version.

D-pad up is metal texture.
Left is SD Remix, or different alternate characters (Fox with Falco's Shine, for example) for the characters which are unchanged in SD Remix.
Right is PAL/NSTC.
Down is rumble.
L and R are alternate costumes.

Force-loading the stage select screen is now done by holding the Start button instead of D-pad up.

People keep asking for a PAL release because forcing NTSC requires a specific kind of TV.
You can solve that problem entirely by forcing PAL60 with your loader. Is there any situation where that wouldn't work on a PAL60-compatible TV?

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
You can solve that problem entirely by forcing PAL60 with your loader. Is there any situation where that wouldn't work on a PAL60-compatible TV?
That's what I meant. The point of that post was to reiterate that a PAL-native release has little to no chance of happening.

Top Bottom