• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Remove 3/4s of the cast, that way instead of feeling any compulsion to move on, most will stick with Smash 4 instead of buying the new game. :reverse:

Would you rather the new game have A. Brawl's mechanics alongside an cast more balanced than Project M's and Smash 4's, or B. Melee's mechanics with a cast less balanced than Brawl's?

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Probably assist trophy purely since I can picture that easier than a move-set. But I don't have anything against him being playable.

Let's try my unanswered question again:

Would you rather a Brawl equivalent story mode or a newcomer you've never ever heard of before?

D

Deleted member

I'd rather have a brawl equivalent story mode. I want that badly.

And since I didn't get a proper answer for this question either (Though to be fair I had it coming), would you rather have Ridley as a boss or a playable character?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Playable character. I used to be on the “Too Big” boat, and I still do have trouble picturing him, but I think he deserves to finally have his chance.

Would you rather keep Corrin in the roster, or cut him, but replace him with another FE rep (Hector, Celica, etc.)?

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Banjo

Would you rather have Dr. Mario return or get a new Mario clone like Tanooki Mario, Builder Mario, etc.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
No Third-Party characters

Would you rather have Battlefield-esque Omega stages added as a competitive option, or be given the ability to turn off stage hazards?

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Turn off stage hazards. Please give us the option to turn off stage hazards. That is probably my most wanted new feature.

Would you rather a bunch of new interesting items or miis to return?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
New and interesting items.

Would you rather have dark pit or pichu return

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
That's hard, I think I'll go with Pac-Land because I can at least try to ironically enjoy the MS Paint aesthetic, I can't get myself to like 75M at all.

Would you rather have a Olimar that can use 100 Pikmin or a Bayonetta that gets witch time everytime she dodges at the last couple of frames or activates bat within?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Olimar with 100 Pikmin. That just sounds chaotic as hell, and I love it.

Would you rather have every newcomer represent a new series, or have a bunch of newcomers that add to series already in Smash?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
A bunch of newcomers that add to series already in Smash.

Would you rather have the return of random tripping or of the rage mechanic?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Random tripping!

Would you rather have the ability to choose 12 newcomers in the next Smash Bros. who will never reappear as playable in the franchise or have 20 newcomers who are sure to stay in the future but you cannot choose who they might be?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
20 who are sure to stay.

Rather have all character from past Smash games return, or have all stages return?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Legend of Starfy stage, I love his assist trophy

Would you rather have mario get a redesign with Cappy, or Kirby get a redesign with newer copy abilities?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Legend of Starfy stage, I love his assist trophy

Would you rather have mario get a redesign with Cappy, or Kirby get a redesign with newer copy abilities?
Newer Copy Abilities

Would you rather have 6 Semi-Clones (Like Toon Link), or one fully unique character?

D

Deleted member

One fully unique character.

Would you rather have Chrom as an alternate costume for Lucina or as his own character?

Troykv

Smash Master
I would prefer him as an alternate costume.

Would you rather have K. Rool or Ridley in Smash Bros?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I would prefer him as an alternate costume.

Would you rather have K. Rool or Ridley in Smash Bros?
Both, though if I had to choose, K. Rool.

More Mario characters or less Mario characters this time around?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I’ll say ice level for something new. If even one retro DK stage comes back, there’ll be jungle to enjoy anyways.

Complete HD rebuild of which stage: Fountain of Dreams or Magicant?

andimidna

Smash Master
Fountain of Dreams, because Magicant’s layout and hazards made it barely playable in any way I’d want to play. But it was still pretty, and I can only imagine what it’d look like redone on the Switch.

Your most wanted character joins as a last minute clone of your least favorite current character to play, or they are added as a well-animated assist trophy?

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Your most wanted character joins as a last minute clone of your least favorite current character to play, or they are added as a well-animated assist trophy?
Last minute clone, at least I can play as them.

Would you rather have 75+ stages but only 10% of them are tourney legal, or 30 stages with half of them legal?

GokuEllis

Smash Rookie
Remove zero and add 10.

Make Smash a typical fighter or remove 3/4 of the cast while staying a platform fighter.
Easily remove 3/4 of the cast and keep it in its current playstyle

Which 3rd party character do you want the most in Sma5h

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Easily remove 3/4 of the cast and keep it in its current playstyle

Which 3rd party character do you want the most in Sma5h
pst... the questions supposed to be a would you rather! but just to keep the ball rolling I'll say Rayman.

Would you rather have Sheik redone in a new BOTW style or keep the TP style (or Hyrule Warriors style maybe I guess idk I haven't checked that out at all)

Sprite

Smash Cadet
id rather have hyrule warriors sheik, and maybe a new moveset reflecting that too.

Would you rather have final smashes be legal or some of the items be legal?

D

Deleted member

Would you be up for it if Arle Nadja (from Puyo Puyo) makes it in to the next SSB game? I've been wanting her in for the longest time.
That's not the type of question you're supposed to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
You want Training Mode to have a unique theme to be played on all stages?

D

Deleted member

That's also not the type of question you're supposed to ask.

Top Bottom