• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That thing Ishie's been talking about...

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
well can u use the DI then b-air and then b-reversal blaster....

Seems like that worked...

the b-air , then FF then b-reversal did the trick...but its hard to pull off

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm just going to take everyone's (mostly Castor's) word on this that the wavebouncing doesn't help recovery, but if I somehow have the time to test it I will (if wavebouncing did this though, it would've probably been found out already...). Thanks for all the effort though, I appreciate this.

Conclusion: bair then jump or use blaster (not wavebounced) to turn around while also boosting you towards the stage a bit (or both).

:059:

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
here is one more quick thought...

suppose you are hit straight up..ie marth's U-smash

Suppose you use the blaster??

Could it worked where u can escape farther the DI and using the b-air to slow recovery??

:034:

Smash Hero
I haven't read through the whole thread, but it's something like this, right?:

1. Use DI and such to live and get out of hitstun.
2. B-Reverse your blaster.
3. Get whoosed towards the stage...backwards!

(right, obligatory pokemon)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, pretty much. The main point of reversing the blaster is so you can bair away edgeguarders though, it's just the matter of how to do it while cancelling the most momentum.

Nice, Nidoking.

:059:

Smash Hero
I'd say you can just stay in the side blastzones a bit so your opponent can't see what you're doing... And then BLAM reverse blaster bair

Why are those names always so long? I don't get it XD

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Lol Locke B reversals are so old

Ionno why people don't know about reversing your momentum with it

Infact in an AiB topic made in October, I posted about using "Shorthop RAR, B-reversal (DI backwards)" as an alternative to wavebouncing. Nobody payed attention lol

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol Locke B reversals are so old

Ionno why people don't know about reversing your momentum with it

Infact in an AiB topic made in October, I posted about using "Shorthop RAR, B-reversal (DI backwards)" as an alternative to wavebouncing. Nobody payed attention lol
Well, wavebouncing in general isn't really the most effective technique on the block.

I think we need a comprehensive thread on proper DIing in general and then in addition how to DI with Wolf.

Dr. Mario had one of, if not the worst, recoveries in Melee and I mained him. Even with his terrible recovery he had a lot of little tricks that helped him get back to the stage. We made a thread detailing how to DI and what to do in what order specifically, and it really helped. I think we could use one of these for Wolf.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Well, wavebouncing in general isn't really the most effective technique on the block.

I think we need a comprehensive thread on proper DIing in general and then in addition how to DI with Wolf.

Dr. Mario had one of, if not the worst, recoveries in Melee and I mained him. Even with his terrible recovery he had a lot of little tricks that helped him get back to the stage. We made a thread detailing how to DI and what to do in what order specifically, and it really helped. I think we could use one of these for Wolf.
Thats a good idea....

I think someone tried to start one tho but it didnt last long

Top Bottom