• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That one character you just hate

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch. Cause I'm just unable to undertand his moves. And Duck Hunt, because it reminds me a game that you need to kill ducks, and that's terrible to me. This character should never be in Smash.

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Even though it is very rare for me to beat Yoshi, I hate fighting against Samus and Zelda’s the most. Sometimes I judge give up before the announcer gets to 1 and I SD lol

Kulty

Smash Ace
Characters I hate the most:
:ultbayonetta:: do I really need to elaborate?
:ultolimar:: like the idea of Pikmin management, but made it into a very boring and frustrating character to play against and playing him is just not rewarding and not that fun at all (for me personally anyways). The fact that Olimar in Ultimate seems to be buffed close to his Brawl counterpart is really not smt I'm looking forward to.

Honorable mentions:
:ultness:: his voice is annoying and all he does is fishing for PK Fires and grabs.
:ultgnw:: incredibly janky character (I dislike janky characters) and incredibly annoying hitboxes to deal with. Plus he's small and floaty, meaning that he doesn't get comboed that hard (which is frustrating).
:ultlucas:: I just find him very uninteresting and boring. His footstool combos are just boring for me honestly (glad these are gone in Ultimate).
:ultjigglypuff:: Fighting him (whether viable or not) is just really tedious and slow like in Melee. No matter how bad Puff is, Puff players always find a way to play lame, run away and camp at ledge once they have the lead.
:ultlucario:: this character makes me dislike rage, and his fighting mechanics and design are just really bad.

I almost never get salty, but these characters do kinda trigger me.

itsjustoskar

Smash Rookie
NNID
alexxblass
here's a list:

Bowser: Because he always does the down attack on me and a real pain in the neck. it always does spam and crap. Also when I play as him he is slow as HECK

Shulk: Monato Arts is really hard to use and the other people know how to use it. But i mean if i do learn how to use it correctly this hate might be cured.

lunaticalex

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8089-1753-0118
cloud mostly cause of his up-air cloud in general is so good that its annoying.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
Four characters I have difficulty playing against in Smash 4:

Bayonetta :4bayonetta:
Cloud :4cloud:
Zero Suit Samus :4zss:
Diddy Kong :4diddy:

With Bayonetta , one can get "stuck" in her combos: a Bayonetta combo can start at the ground, then one gets "stuck" in it, and then the combo gets progressively higher and higher until one goes off the screen and loses a stock. With Cloud, it seems that no matter what I do, I almost always lose. Zero Suit Samus has combos that can diagonally "kick" the player downwards while off the platform (thus losing a stock), and can also combo one off the screen upwards as well. Honorable mention is Ryu -- Ryu's "Focus Attack" move is very annoying (because of the super armor).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
PIKACHU.

Every single game, this annoying yellow rat is chipping away and laughing all the while as his tiny head ducks under half my moves and his upB just gets in and out with no punishment.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu.
And somehow, Pichu is even worse. He's tiny and hard to hit but just ****ing flies all over the place. He's so annoying but I can't help but have mad respect for good Pichu players.
edit: Wait... I didn't realize this was the Smash 4 board LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
:ultrob: Never been a fan of this character. I hate so much about this character and all of it is probably fine but I will continue to hate it. The top comes out super fast and doesn't need to be charged to stun me or put me in tumble. The laser is his reward for me hitting him a bunch. His recovery is really annoying to edge guard unless I can keep him downwards. His d-air + recovery... WHY!
Overall I just find him really annoying and I hate watching him succeed ( damn you wadi! ).

:ultincineroar: For glory Incineroars. Just absolutely hate how much they disrupt my Pace by spamming counter, Side B and down Smash.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
This guy: :ultolimar:

I already didn’t like playing as him, but after fighting one online and getting grabbed and camped out so easily, I hope I never come across another Olimar player again. It was so satisfying beating him with Yoshi on round 2 after he 2-stocked me on round 1. I have nothing against Olimar players, but I can’t stand fighting him.

Other annoying characters: :ultkingdedede::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultpikachu::ultbowser::ultchrom:

Last edited:

MangoPeachey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1868-5016-7402
Gotta be Duck Hunt for me, I just hate all the campy projectiles. Also, playing as him is just so weird and unnatural. He is one of the characters I will truly never understand.

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
There are definitely quite a few I cringe when I have to fight:

Yoshi
Game and Watch
Pichu
Pikachu
Inkling, Inkling, INKLING!

In general, fast, small, obnoxious characters or characters (Yoshi) that make annoying grunts and sounds the entire match.

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
:ultpichu::ultolimar::ultlucas: Always bother me. I main :ultshulk:, and have tons of range! But they're just so small and hard to catch that it makes it hard for me to get my combos going. Not to mention the projectiles (Lucas and Olimar) that keep me away from them.

A good :ultwario::ultganondorf: are also a huge annoyance for me, but not nearly as much

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
For some reason it was always Samus, even though most Samus' i played in FG weren't all that good, when I do come across a good Samus I'd get steamrolled

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I will add :ultincineroar: to my list. I don’t know why, but I cannot stand fighting this character. I have a harder time with Incineroar than most top tiers.

Felancius

Smash Cadet
I know this is kinda broad but... DLC characters as a whole. While not all are broken, some destroyed the balancing of the game completely (SM4SH Bayo and Cloud come to mind), and also make the games age worse than they could have. Also paying for good characters just sits really bad with me, even before those two.

And given Joker's datamined stats, and the thought that his toolkit could very easily be disjointed upon release, I'm already fearful that it's about to happen all over again in Ultimate.

As for individual characters already out... well, I just hate :ultinkling: since I'm not big on Splatoon at all, and I hate how good the character is too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marth.
I suck at him.
My friends are good with him.
He keeps on destroying me online.

I have too many bad experiences and memories with Marth, I can't stand him... despite all that Ninkendo is still one of my fav Smash Youtubers.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Corrin. I’m okay at him but his moves leave you in one place for like, one whole second which may not sound like much but when you’re fighting it’s sure a long time especially for a projectile.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yoshi mains terrify me. Same with Shulk mains. On average, they just seem like better players. Though I respect them as much as I fear them.

Also, as someone who uses Peach, I can't stand Rosalina. I didn't like the matchup in Smash 4, and I still don't like it in Ultimate.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Smash 4:
:4bayonetta: This abomination does not deserve to exist. Do I really need to explain why?
:4cloud:Slightly busted, but definitely not as bad as above.
:4sheik:A good Sheik is my worst nightmare, but I do have respect for them.
:4link:SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Ultimate:
:ultwolf: Braindead character that excels at spamming one projectile the entire fight.
:ultisabelle: Fishing rod spam.
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Some of the most brainless characters to ever exist in this game. All they do is SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, and when you finally get close, they whip.
:ultyoshi: Whoops my *** every time with skill. I've always wanted to get good at Yoshi, but he feels so weird to play.

Last edited:

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4:
:4bayonetta: This abomination does not deserve to exist. Do I really need to explain why?
:4cloud:Slightly busted, but definitely not as bad as above.
:4sheik:A good Sheik is my worst nightmare, but I do have respect for them.
:4link:SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Ultimate:
:ultwolf: Braindead character that excels at spamming one projectile the entire fight.
:ultisabelle: Fishing rod spam.
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Some of the most brainless characters to ever exist in this game. All they do is SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, and when you finally get close, they whip.
:ultyoshi: Whoops my *** every time with skill. I've always wanted to get good at Yoshi, but he feels so weird to play.
Not all Wolf players are brain dead, they're quite easy to beat once you know their game plan

Top Bottom