• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That one blue kirby, online friendship

Docmoc

Smash Rookie
Was playing Vs.anyone yeasterday, basic brawl and got matched up vs. a blue kirby 1on1
We quickly befriended each other and goofed around for hours until we got some moar people.
we then proceeded to pwn stuff, covering each others backs, annoying people with the crouch-down-and-up sound, it was great fun.

Anyone else who befriened someone durning online play?
Please share your stories

Edit: today (12th june) on basic anyone i encounterd a blue bowser, and i was a white lucario , i got completly destroyed by the bowser,but then the next match, the bowser showed some mercy and let me live the last 20 secounds, later on we teamed up.
Doing beauftifull bowsersuicdes and combos.
sadly, he had to go so he choosed zelda and waved goodbye to me for 1min and 30 sec then we semi-figthed the last secounds.
Ahhh, good guy

Metal

Smash Cadet
Cinci, OH (And my social security # is...)
I met a Link on NPC that duck danced with me, and he could dashdance as Marth. We got disconnected after three matches.

About two weeks later, I'm in a FFA with Falco, Link and Falco. Falco was relentless, and Falco wasn't much better. We let them fight each other, and we duck danced. I won that match.

This morning, I was so fed up with FD I just suicided/practiced wallriding the left wall. Link walks to the ledge and starts duck dancing. I recover, and we Sidestep dance and such. We annoyed our respective partners (his Fox, my Falco) by hanging on the ledge and just plain goofing off. Fox ran to Link and did his "C'mon!" taunt, lawl. The match after that, Marth dashdances in NPC.

There's no proof any of them were the same person, but something about that last match just felt so right. (:

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
I once met a green Kirby who taunted with me for several matches, and later, a Sonic who did the same. Those were great matches.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I met a pink Captain Falcon who teamed up with my Old man Ganon in a Basic Brawl. I Dash/Duck Danced while he let out a a chorus of "Show your moves!". It was epic.

frontier

Smash Rookie
I've faced a taunting Sonic also he dodged my attacks the whole 2:00 in a 1 vs 1 basic brawl no items. I was told I was too slow during that match also though I did KO him once. Can't say I liked him or hated him. I just found it kinda funny.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
I teamed up with a green Meta Knight. I was Pikachu with the goggles and he switched to Pikachu with the headband and we down taunted next to each other at the same time. We then proceded to destroy the other two players. Good times.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I was Game & Watch, and to my surprise, all the other 3 were Game & Watch, too.

I felt at home. Like we were the Game & Watch Bros. or something.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Oh god. I met my soulmate on Vs. Anyone. He/she played a peach that was just like mine. If you are the daisy-costumed peach who is able to veggie-tech and taunt like no other... please respond!

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
its easy to befriend kirby and sonic. I met tons of green kirby's.

If u see a link, sheik, or samus taunting, maybe its me
cuz i taunt alot, but i play good

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Some people may have been in one of my Basic Brawls where I pulled off a Snake Smash taunt (the transmission one) on the Shadow Moses Island level. Has anyone ever seen someone use it during an online match?

L 17

Smash Apprentice
I happened to be playing captain falcon when another one joined in. We proceeded to do games together using only falcon punches and taunts. This actually happened on two separate occasions.

I spent almost 2 hours smashing with this purple dedede and we were going at it kill for kill.. soon we'd only attack each other reguardless of what was happening around us. but in our last free for all he kept throwing waddle dees at me cuz i was ignoring him the entire match.. he signed out shortly after.. if he's out there i'm sorry lol p.s. your big gay dance was funny.

Turtwig98

Smash Rookie
I once met a golden link and i was a black Zero suit samus and we had a 1vs1 macth on smashville and the golden link rarely used items,and later a pikachu and lucas came in then me and the link stood around most of teh macth lol it was on shadow mosses island.

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
I was Sonic and apparently I found another Sonic too. We then proceeded to annoy people with the "You're too slow!" taunts, and if anyone got too close, we'd massacre them.

Another one was when I was teamed up with a Meta Knight in team battle, and I was Kirby. I annoyed people with my crouching and Meta Knight stood there using "A". Then the next battle I was teamed with him again, except this time I was Meta Knight. And you probably know what will happen next.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Some people may have been in one of my Basic Brawls where I pulled off a Snake Smash taunt (the transmission one) on the Shadow Moses Island level. Has anyone ever seen someone use it during an online match?
hey, i saw a snake do that. i happened to be snake and wolf for the taunting reason

was there a peach or a falco?

or a olimar and a toon link acting like Mr. serious?

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if you played a match as kirby and saw another kirby there and you went to hanonbow and vulcon jabed the bottom left leaf the whole match..

holla at me

Sweeps

Smash Rookie
I love to make friends on With Anyone. I always play as a red Kirby, and just refuse to fight. Kirby's taunts are all so friendly that most people realize I'm not trying to trick them. There are always the ******* that relentlessly persue you, but Kirby can easily out-maneavure most.
Just today I met so many people that I wish by some miracle could read this post and... "Red Kirby?! No way! I remember that!" I live in Napa CA if it helps.
Like I was playing with a G&W today (I think he started as a Ganon, I.C., or a Jigglypuff) and the other people we played with wouldn't chill, so I copied his B, and charged his... bucket thing with it. He then threw the ink (and usually KO'd) the other people, and we'd repeat the process.
Making friends and nsver meeting them again... the pinnacle of "bittersweet".

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
i play alotta team with anyone. and i played the same kirby 3 days in a row so total 6 hours! <-- sure he sucked but atleast he was there when i pulled some ridiculous stuff!.

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
One match, i was sonic and picked NPC and taunted the entire time. next match mah buddy picked sonic and temple and we ran around taunting. then we both picked DK and 75M and Down B + back throw the entire match to get like +7 each. good times.

Cocoa24

Smash Rookie
This was quite a few weeks ago, but in this one match, there were 2 jigglypuffs and 2 kirby's...and at the one match, i wasnt even thinking about picking jigglypuff before hand. The whole match we just kept on using the same taunts for the same pairs of characters, pretty fun match. =p

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
All the time...there was one time when me and 2 other Sonics kept on spamming "you're too slow" and attacking the Snake whenever he got too close. I also Bowsercided, exploited the Jigglypuff glitch at Eldin Bridge, did Wolf's "What's the matter, scared?"', waved with Zelda's taunt, spammed grenades with Snake Kirby, crouch-spammed with Jigglypuff, played catch with Peach's turnips, healed Lucas/Ness during Sudden Death, teamed up with dark-costumed Toon Links, crawled back and forth with ZSS, Falcon Punch'd with the pink costume, hanged out on the limousine of New Pork City during Sudden Death, and a ton of other funny stuff with online strangers. Too bad I always disconnect randomly >.>

Dragmire

Smash Lord
I once did an epic falcon fight with someone. for those who don't know what that is Thats doing show me your moves along with 3 repeat part of the melee fire emblem song.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I was in a match once with a Snake trying to do the transmission, don't remember who I was but I might have been Olimar I don't usually use my main online lol during Paunch day yesterday I was in a match with three other Captain Falcons, which made up for a four Captain Falcon Show Me Ya Moves, FALCON PAAWWWNCH, Dash Dancing 2 minutes of pure win.

There was also a Peach in the match, Warriors you might be talking about me :o

Garuda

Smash Ace
I once met a Ganondorf player who played almost the exact same way I did. We did the same moves at the same time, many times. This was a couple of months ago, on Corneria. We even had the same costume (default). Heck, for a few seconds, I thought that the geme was glitched.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol this is funny, but I so know what you mean. I played with this one Marth guy once. And we played so similar it wasn't even funny. I enjoyed it. =)

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I played with a Sonic for probably 2 hours last week at first we brawled, but then a Ganon and a Capt Falcon joined and spammed Falcon Punch and Ganon's equivalent, so we proceded to own them for the next who knows how long

(btw I was using random. I got a lot of ROB and Ganon)

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I've befriended two people on Basic Brawl.

The first Time was with a Blue Yoshi and myself just going through random. He later switched to random after two matches and we pretty much just helped each other out. If we weren't being attacked we taunted on the side (Both of us were probably bored and wanted to mess around with the other players. I was. XD)

Second time was with a Falco character, and one of the matches we got the Mushroomy Kingdom to be the battlefield and we attempted to "Finish the Level!" if we were attacked we killed them fast and continued the level (and I know both of us were bored enough to do this. XP)

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
I seen to team up with any other Olimar players I find online (Against the evil legions of n00b Ikes that invade With Anyone :p). Strength in numbers, my friends, strength in numbers.

Something I seem to make more often, however, is ennemies. At least, it really seems that way when you own someone and the next game they use your character in the same color as you and (If it's a Four player match) try to kill you the entire game. And usually epic fail at it might I add, I swear to god one guy tried to go for overkill (I used my second jump and had no Pikmin to use Up-B with, and he jumps out to spike me) and I footstool jumped him to victory.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I converted two other people to Falcon Punch spammers and we ganged up on the Marth who just wasn't getting the picture.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I've read every post here and they are all great lol.

For me the most memorable match on basic brawl was one where I was using Lucario and was against another Lucario and Ice Climbers. We played a few matches and all the Ice Climbers did the entire time was spam that ice over and over and over. Finally in like the 4th match both me and the other Lucario just stopped in our tracks and made like a telepathic truce and both went strait for the spamming Ice Climbers taking turns giving them an epic beatdown lol. The Ice Climbers player left after that match.

Top Bottom