• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanks for Playing 3 - August 17, 2013 - Ijamsville, MD

The Star King

Smash Hero
The next crew battle is gonna be a bloodbath. Especially when FULL POWER GREG comes back.
Ah, but yet a greater titan looms in the horizon. One who reduces his opponents to nothing more than insects railing against the heavens. One who holds a keyboard in his hands. Oh and LD.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
apparently LD moved and we have no idea where he is now because he's so mysterious. But yea FULL POWER star king and its over.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
i really don't understand your logic sheer. 4 stocks gives low tiers less of a chance? are you forgetting that both players start off with 4, not just the low tier?
It's pretty simple man. The better player wants more stock and less variance. No matter what tier they're playing. Longer games are always going to favor the better player.

So the fact is that a top low/mid tier player is going to want more stocks vs almost everyone they play against. Even more so for mid/low tier mains because they have terrible match ups they need to overcome. Less stocks = less time to out play your lesser skilled opponent and overcome the god awful match up.

Lowering stocks negatively effects top mid/low tier mains more than it does top high tier mains since they already have advantageous match ups vs most of the cast.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
ah ok. that actually makes sense. i still think that 4 stocks is plenty long for any potential comebacks to occur and makes matches more entertaining for viewing purposes, but i can see why some people would have a problem with changing the format that they're used to.

on a side note, it seems like peru has switched to 4 stocks as well based on the vid isai linked

Top Bottom