• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanks for Playing 3 - August 17, 2013 - Ijamsville, MD

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
eh coming to this would be a pain. I would drive maybe as far as kero's place. I'm willing to leave friday morning, but I need to be home sunday night by 9pm

Yobolight

Smash Lord
You guys should ban Hyrule for this tournament, you know, just to try it out.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
You're gonna have to give him a call lol (and I mean call, not text). I'll PM you his number. If he's confused, have him call me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
eh coming to this would be a pain. I would drive maybe as far as kero's place. I'm willing to leave friday morning, but I need to be home sunday night by 9pm
Is there any chance if you don't come you could send the adapter with someone like you said you might be able too? It would be great to get some full power star king on console recorded

clubbadubba

Smash Master
What is the official ny/nj crew btw? Ceaser coming is a plus for you guys I'll admit, but I don't think its enough!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I can bring a full console/cartridge setup. Maaaaybe a big ass tv but that would be difficult.

Predictions:

1. Clubba
2. Sensei
3. A$
4. Star King
5. Nintendude

clubbadubba

Smash Master
drank too much last night without drinking water. New Predicitons:

1. Sensei
2. A$
3. SK
4. Nintendude
5. Kero
Last: Clubba

Shears

Smash Master
drank too much last night without drinking water. New Predicitons:

1. Sensei
2. A$
3. SK
4. Nintendude
5. Kero
Last: Clubba
Its not about how much you drink before but how much you drink during that defines the smasher inside you.

Btw starking, I'm telling your mom, mrs. starking about that Evan Williams

The Star King

Smash Hero
1. A$
2. Kero
3. Sensei
4. Mew2King
5. Star King
5. Diva the Pooch
7. clubba

Not sure after that.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You Atlantic North players are pretty lame. The entire top 7 was pika dittos on dreamland.

Don't make me come up there and pwn you guys with Fox/Yoshi/Ness on dreamland.

=]

DMoogle

A$
You Atlantic North players are pretty lame. The entire top 7 was pika dittos on dreamland.

Don't make me come up there and pwn you guys with Fox/Yoshi/Ness on dreamland.

=]
Hey now, I played with Link against Kero's Falcon and his Pika on Hyrule for two matches in winner's finals.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You did go Link a good amount, but only on hyrule. You went Pika on dreamland every match except one from what I saw.

Either way the metagame seems pretty stale up there. You guys need to develop some chars that can compete with Pika on dreamland.

DMoogle

A$
You did go Link a good amount, but only on hyrule. You went Pika on dreamland every match except one from what I saw.

Either way the metagame seems pretty stale up there. You guys need to develop some chars that can compete with Pika on dreamland.
My Link had an off day, so I was only comfortable using him on Hyrule. Even with that, I don't think I won one match with him (although they were all fairly close, IIRC). On a good day, I'll be more willing to choose Dreamland. But even still, that match is ridiculously hard against Pika/Falcon/Fox on DL.

I agree about character development. I think I'm better at comboing than others at my level, but my gimping skill and approach (somewhat) leaves something to be desired. My Fox is bad. My Falcon is bad in some matchups, but I think he does decently against Pika. I'll try to use him more next time. I don't think I can find an edge vs. Kero with any other characters yet, unfortunately.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I went all falcon cuz I wanted to this time. I was up 3 stocks to 1 vs sensei's pikachu, then got anxious and wanted to end it which of course ended up with the triple gimp loss for me :(. Forced him to switch from pikachu though and did some dope falcon dittos on DL, sorry the stream didn't get to see that one. Then I went falcon vs SK's kirby cuz I was like **** it falcon is da best so I got 2-0'd.

There's like no incentive to develop any other characters but pika, because even if you get a pika counter on DL (falcon, yoshi just for sheer), those exact characters get countered by kirby. You are bound to play at least one pika and one kirby in a tourney, so playing anyone besides pikachu its very difficult to win a tournament. Sucks major rat ****.

Top Bottom