• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Brawl for All // May 24, 2008 // Scranton PA

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce TGP's May Brawl For All

ThatGamingPlaces 2nd Major Brawl Tournament.

The Torunament will take place on May 24th, 2008
@ThatGamingPlace
1608 North Main Ave Scranton PA 18508

TGP Rules

Double Elimination
All matches are best 2 out of 3, finals are best 3 out of 5
3 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles
Team attack is ON in doubles
Anti-exploit Rule- If a character is released from a grab (not thrown) and then grabbed again, it will be seen as the exploitation of a glitch and you will lose the current match( this is to combat the Ness\Lucas Glitch and does not effect chain grabbing)

Random Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton

All other stages are BANNED.

Each player may ban one stage per set

** Rules are subject to change up till 1 day before the event **

Cost
------------------
$5 venue fee ( Covers free play on non tournament TV's, and access to lan center resources)-Requried
$15 Full access( Covers free play throughout the even, and all play for the overnight event after the tournament, also recieves pizza and soda at midnight)- Optional
*once registered for a tournament no refunds will be given
Schedule of Events

11:00 - 12:00- Event Registrartion
(%10 of each prize pool goes to the store to cover costs of the tournament)

1:00- Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2 vs 2
$10/team
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

3:00- Super Smash Bros Brawl 1 vs 1
$15/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

5:00- Super Smash Bros Melee 1 vs 1
$5/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

After Brawl singles there will be a $5 pokemon d/p tournament
(rules are as follows)

All battles will be 6 vs 6 lvl100

Sleep Clause- Only one pokemon may be put to sleep at a time by the opponent.Example
I put your pokemon to sleep using hypnosis and you switch I can no longer use hypnosis til the other one wakes up, But you can put yourself to sleep Using rest or otherwise.

Species clause- no two of the same pokemon on a team

OHKO clause- One hit ko moves are banned (fissure, horn drill, sheer cold, and guillotine)

evasion clause- bans any move that increases your pokemon's evasion ex. Double team or Minimize

BANNED POKEMON

we will have enough stations so that we can start melee while brawl is still going on.

I hope to see alot of people at this.

Thanks
Nick

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
FIRST!, bahaha.

Alright people, let start saying we're going and then show up to it this time. Who's with me?!

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll be there, and sorry Kruton but theres no way i'll lose after what I've learned about character matchups ^_^

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
only got a permit so I'll have to do alot of begging for the next month to be driven over there.(2 hrs away :( )

This will be my first tournament so I have some questions:
Can register for the 3:00 event after 12?
and Can I use my own controller?

I only have one friend who plays this game so I can't wait to see what I'm made of against good players!:chuckle:

See you there! (if i make it)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
The only qualm I have is norfair, and PS2 should be bannnnneeeed.

Kanto2 is one thing, no one thinks it's a good competitive stage due to the physics changes. It's more or less a coin toss.

Norfair, however is a camp fest. You can infinite camp ledges. It's obnoxious. If you don't think so, please let me fight make my case beforehand. I'll explain with rapesies.

But yeah, Ether and I will be there, and we'll probably have space for 1-2 more in my car. if you're from central nj and have money to give me, I can take you!

@Kruton: Umm, sorry kiddo.
@slayr: after those rules you've made, I'm 90% sure you don't know how to pay this game. No offense, I love you otherwise.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I agree with dmbrandon, noooo to PS2, I always assumed it was banned haha

And all y'all hatas doubt me, but my Snake, and my several secondaries in the workings will be all over ya

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
only got a permit so I'll have to do alot of begging for the next month to be driven over there.(2 hrs away :( )

This will be my first tournament so I have some questions:
Can register for the 3:00 event after 12?
and Can I use my own controller?

I only have one friend who plays this game so I can't wait to see what I'm made of against good players!:chuckle:

See you there! (if i make it)
You can reg after 12 but we ask that you be there 30 mins before the tournament starts

Yes it suggested that you bring your own controller, the store will have some for those who forget but they are not the best quality

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
I'll prolly be there with a car full of friends I know. About 4-5 of us depending on who can make it and who works that day.

Kruton

Smash Ace
how far away from easton is it? im too lazy to go look it up.if its not too far ill probaly be there

Is this Easton in Northampton County, or Easton in Clarion County?

If Northampton:

Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 68.41 miles

If Clarion:

Total Estimated Time: 4.0 hours 6 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 246.62 miles

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
Yea I started wasting my time doing the work for that guy, then i realized i couldnt copy and paste a link from google maps and gave up :)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
well right now i have no ride because my brother took my car but um... someone could feel free to come get my friend and i(its worth a shot) ill fork up some gas money.

and yes... i do like metal, what ever gave you that idea?

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
You should branch out to other genres... like country...

People seem very willing in general to offer people rides if they are in the same area, or passing through. It was definitely a good idea to make a shout out here. Goodluck.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i dont like only metal, i listen to rock and some punk, but no country, except for hank williams sr.

btw: we still need a ride if someones willing i live in washington and my partner is my neighber

ggxx4life

Smash Rookie
Mot sure if I can make it to this. But People BRING YOUR DS's AND POKEMON D/P!!! I will bring Pokemon: Battle Revolution so we can have some after tourney poekmon battles.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
@slayr: after those rules you've made, I'm 90% sure you don't know how to pay this game. No offense, I love you otherwise.
@dmbrandon - We have never met or never talked online, but you're right. I thought I was the best person who knew how I play this game, but it seems I was mistaken.

Seriously, those rules i made was a suggestion for people to have discussions over becuase It's what I think would make for better competitive play. Thank's for judging my skill level becuase of an idea I had.

If I go to the scranton tourny, well kick back, talk a bit, and you'll find out I'm a good guy and am better than an average player. Until that time don't ****ing make statements like that. It's pretty ignorant

dmbrandon

Smash Master
If I go to the scranton tourny, well kick back, talk a bit, and you'll find out I'm a good guy and am better than an average player. Until that time don't ****ing make statements like that. It's pretty ignorant
Sounds good man, I look forward to meeting you, but seriously, that ruleset was garb. I judged you because bad players commonly have bad ideas. That's not without saying good players can't have bad ideas, nor that I'm 100% right about my opinion.

My judgment is such, and you really shouldn't read. If you're too defensive, people will thin k you've something you're hiding. ^_~^_~

Vet

Smash Cadet
Brandon, he and I were working on that ruleset and I posted one that should actually be considered later in the thread. Think I am trash too then?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Brandon, he and I were working on that ruleset and I posted one that should actually be considered later in the thread. Think I am trash too then?
The fact is, he posted it looking for feedback. That was mine.

If you're going to come into this thread, causing trouble, money match me. Stop spamming TGP's thread.

Vet

Smash Cadet
Sure why not? You came in here causing trouble and then get all defensive when someone stands up to you. Weak.

Top Bottom