• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
No one on the PAL side seams to be in a HUGE rush to get this done. its very disapointing.

Sukai

Smash Champion
A couple more things to make a note of.
Replays may lag a bit during the start, and the loading time before and after the replay are longer.
Team matches are epic, but a tad bit confusing, especially if team attack is on.

goodoldganon, there is a tutorial in the stacksmash download link.
I'd love to link it to you, but I'm on the Internet Channel.

n.n|

Revven

FrankerZ
No one on the PAL side seams to be in a HUGE rush to get this done. its very disapointing.
You know, they have lives and are likely 5+ hours ahead of you, the more you nag and whine, the less you're going to get what you want.

Stop the incessant whining and maybe you'll get the codes.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Hm... This is nice. I got a bunch of textures to work, but after about an hour of fun with mindless opponents in training mode, my Wii froze as soon as I selected a stage...

Then when I booted up the code again, like, an hour later, it worked fine, but I noticed the game's sounds seem to have strangely... changed a bit. This happened to me once before, I'm not sure what causes it.

Is this 100% safe? =/

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm a tad confused with CUPASH...

I downloaded some CSPs from Rawrzilla. Now, say I want to add Meganess CSP to my brawl. I ran the step1_extract without the TexConv and ntcompress because I cannot obtain those, I refuse to use torrents. Even without those 2 files though, I ended up with all the _big files iin the templates section. How do I know which one of these _big files is the blue Ness? I assume all I have to do is replace each file with the new one, then run step2_create, but I'm not sure. The readme doesn't help very much here.

EDIT: I also can't find the disable custom stages code to use v1.3...

Revven

FrankerZ
The codes are safe, anything that happens to your game or your Wii is entirely your own fault or the Wii's fault. Disc drives in Wiis manage to go faulty after a few years for some reason (especially with excessive use of Brawl) it happened to me and I had to turn my Wii in to get a new disc drive. Might want to check and see if it makes those sounds without the codes on.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
What is the common5 _en.pac file and where can I find it? I need it for CUPASH.
And what are these .brres files? Never heard of them, how can I get those?

These are the ONLY things I need, I got the .tga files and........ everything else. :psycho:

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
What is the common5 _en.pac file and where can I find it? I need it for CUPASH.
And what are these .brres files? Never heard of them, how can I get those?

These are the ONLY things I need, I got the .tga files and........ everything else. :psycho:
common5 is a file in the brawl iso. The only way to get it is to either have someone upload it for you or to get it off your brawl iso.

Lucky for you, someone on the stack smash forums uploaded it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YEQDH0V3

I'm stuck with mine, however. I apparently need the ntcompress and the texconv files, and I can't get them...

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
They're part of the Rev SDK and we can't post them here. Google is your friend in this instance.
Bah, I guess I have to use a torrent....

Um, do they go in the 'cupash_v10' folder or the folder the 'cupash_v10' folder is in?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Try searching Revolution SDK in Google, you should find some torrent sites, be careful on which one you go to though.

If I were you, don't go to the pirate bay, I got a bunch of viruses from there. -_-

jokey665

Smash Ace
Try searching Revolution SDK in Google, you should find some torrent sites, be careful on which one you go to though.

If I were you, don't go to the pirate bay, I got a bunch of viruses from there. -_-
Seriously? The Pirate Bay is probably the safest torrent site on the net.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Seriously? The Pirate Bay is probably the safest torrent site on the net.
Well, when I went there, my computer's main virus protection program kept popping up and saying that a bunch of unsafe/unwanted programs were found.....
It was probably just the ads or pop-ups, something like that.

I still don't know about .brres files, someone tell me about 'em. :( I'm looking at the CUPASH tutorial, it labels them as InfFace001.brres.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Ok, ran into a problem.

The character selection portraits are present, but only on the victory screen. Not on the selection screen. The question is: Why?

Btw, can someone point my in the direction of the disable custom stages code so I can use v1.3?
EDIT: Got the code, tried 1.3... still same problem. It's not on the selection screen.

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
You know, they have lives and are likely 5+ hours ahead of you, the more you nag and whine, the less you're going to get what you want.

Stop the incessant whining and maybe you'll get the codes.
Why would I be asking for a PAL code if I wasnt using a PAL wii/brawl for a start. and secondly. I've asked afew people but then posted on a forum popular with PAL porters, and its been awhile with no reply or any signs of intrest, cant help but feel alittle worried/dissapointed.
Think before you make such remarks in the future.

Revven

FrankerZ
Why would I be asking for a PAL code if I wasnt using a PAL wii/brawl for a start. and secondly. I've asked afew people but then posted on a forum popular with PAL porters, and its been awhile with no reply or any signs of intrest, cant help but feel alittle worried/dissapointed.
Think before you make such remarks in the future.
Thing is, I do think and I happen to know what I'm talking about, you don't though. The more you keep mentioning it, the less it's actually going to happen.

At least give it a week, the codes have only been out for a week now to begin with. It is not easy to port these codes to PAL.

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
So... they aren't many released stage textures. These are all I know of:
Stack Smash:
Classic 1-1
Phazonfair
that Green Hill Zone one (Sky something?)

Register/S:
New Island (Delphino)

Am I missing any?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
So... they aren't many released stage textures. These are all I know of:
Stack Smash:
Classic 1-1
Phazonfair
that Green Hill Zone one (Sky something?)

Register/S:
New Island (Delphino)

Am I missing any?
Wait, New Island? I don't remember that one. Link? But otherwise, that's it...

FireKirby7

Smash Lord

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Just got the CSPs working, but I had to use a different code I got from Vyse in the Stack Smash chat.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I can't seem to upload the Gecko OS onto my homebrew channel.

I put the files from the gecko into my SD card but when I click on the homebrew channel...its just blue with bubbles and nothing else. =/

Help?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I can't seem to upload the Gecko OS onto my homebrew channel.

I put the files from the gecko into my SD card but when I click on the homebrew channel...its just blue with bubbles and nothing else. =/

Help?
the gecko os folder needs to be in the apps folder, so it should look like this:

X:\apps\GeckoOS107b

where X is your sd card's drive letter.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, so I followed every step in both the earlier in-post instructions AND the Readme instructions for CUPASH, and I can't get the CSP's to work at all. All of my textures are loading fine, but the CSP's won't work. Can someone please post a unified, detailed, step-by-step tutorial on exactly what needs to be done to get these working, because all of the advice I've been reading has been different.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Ok, so I followed every step in both the earlier in-post instructions AND the Readme instructions for CUPASH, and I can't get the CSP's to work at all. All of my textures are loading fine, but the CSP's won't work. Can someone please post a unified, detailed, step-by-step tutorial on exactly what needs to be done to get these working, because all of the advice I've been reading has been different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsloet8AuK0

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
http://board.gscentral.org/showpost.php?p=142624&postcount=3

Download "Enigma's Tools and Guide for CSP's". It has everything you need for editing CPUs and a guide that seems to be very comprehensive step-by-step. I'm waiting for common5_en.pac to unpack right now so I can't promise it works, but it should.

The one thing I'm unusre about is, do you put ALL the extracted images into "newfiles" when you're ready to run step2, or do you just put the new ones?

Also, last night I saw a post somewhere that has the character .pcs color list (such as the first post has, telling you 00 - default, 01 - red, etc. for each character) that also had the csp images letting you exactly which ones to replace. Unfortuantley I was too stupid to save the link. Anybody have any idea where that might be? :)

I guess it's not TOO hard to compare against each image, but that list would be a huge time saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom