• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
im having some issues with the common5 replacement deal

namely, the game freezes whenever i try to load a menu selection that calls to this file

would anyone know offhand if theres something specific i have to do to make everything im sticking into this file run smoothly? is it perhaps the code im using to replace files with (the one offered in the above linked video)? or might it be an issue with the actual images im importing, or some other strange minute detail?

EDIT: it was a minute detail. apparently brawl will crash if it loads anything other than a CI8 format image. is that common knowledge around here, or did i completely miss where it's posted?

info for those in a similarly stupid situation: dont use brawlbox's "recommend" feature. make your images look right with a 256 color palette in your actual original image editing program, not bb.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm having some issues with my music hacks.

Half of the songs while being played will be fine then outta nowhere make a loud screaching noise for a period of time. It does it for the same songs at the same spot all the time.

I know it's not the brstrm because when I play the song on my comp from my sd it plays fine.

Anyone else having this problem or can help me?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me how to get Downloaded texture hacks to show up? I had on eon there, but I wanted to get rid of it.... I downloaded this Melee FD texture, and deleted the file for the one I had.

Now, neither of them show up! Help please.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me how to get Downloaded texture hacks to show up? I had on eon there, but I wanted to get rid of it.... I downloaded this Melee FD texture, and deleted the file for the one I had.

Now, neither of them show up! Help please.
here is a little tutorial in an sd folder setup that helps...but you still need to add the files to the folders by following the instructions inside

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yhzjynkzroz

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm having some issues with my music hacks.

Half of the songs while being played will be fine then outta nowhere make a loud screaching noise for a period of time. It does it for the same songs at the same spot all the time.

I know it's not the brstrm because when I play the song on my comp from my sd it plays fine.

Anyone else having this problem or can help me?
It might be a bit of a weird fix but try defragging your SD card, in most cases where there's a screeching noise it's usually caused by an SD read error. In most (or all) cases defragging actually works.

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
Question: does this hack also work with PSA characters? I really want to download some, but i still dont know how...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Why won't CUPASH work for me when it works for someone else who does the exact same steps as me down to the letter (namely the person who made the tutorial)?

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain how exactly to use Smashbox/BrawlBox for CSPs? I've compiled the new CSP images into a Common5.pac file, but I don't know what else you need to put in the folders (PAL wii, got textures working perfectly, just want to get CSPs to match, using SD card).

Cheers

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
you locate the csp's, replace them with whatever and save. browse and explore it, it's that simple to use.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
o_O Thanks. That's annoying, because it means it SHOULD be working. Since that post I've downloaded Texturizer and got that to compile everything for me, and the textures work fine but the CSPs don't. Any reason why?

Ecomp

Smash Rookie
I tried it out recently and I can't seem to get it to work. On the gecko OS screen, it starts to load, then it says "SD error". Anyway I can fix it?

Oh! sorry, just found the problem after I was reading through the thread. I had an SDHC card.

Keen

Smash Cadet
Hey I just got homebrew and I'm having some difficulty following this guide... I have a Japanese wii so I need the correct.. codes I guess for that region.

Basically my question is how do you find out these:
"based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J"

and when I have this information how do I apply it to the codes provided.

Halp plz : )

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
So I'm trying to add costumes to BBrawl, and they won't show up, even though I have the files in right. Do I need to delete the old RSBE file if the new one that goes with costume hacks is in place. Is that what causes the problem?

OrdoGON

Smash Rookie
I have a question is it possible to have multiple custom move sets on one character at once. Example have Ragna Ike and regular ike. Because I have tried but one always seems to override the other (this is the same problem I have had with all custom move sets)

mobilisq

Smash Ace
should i be replacing stage select pictures in common5 or se_selmap?

brawl crashes when i get to the stage select screen now and im wondering what i have to do to prevent this

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
o_O Thanks. That's annoying, because it means it SHOULD be working. Since that post I've downloaded Texturizer and got that to compile everything for me, and the textures work fine but the CSPs don't. Any reason why?
Dunno never understood how texturizer works, always used smashbox for CSPs since i learned about them.

So I'm trying to add costumes to BBrawl, and they won't show up, even though I have the files in right. Do I need to delete the old RSBE file if the new one that goes with costume hacks is in place. Is that what causes the problem?
Costumes? you mean "Textures"? I'm not certain as I dont play Balanced Brawl, but I'm sure you won't need to delete the GCT file i thikn you're talking about. The GCT contains the code telling the game to read textures off your SD card, are the textures in the pf\fighter folder textures you put in?

I have a question is it possible to have multiple custom move sets on one character at once. Example have Ragna Ike and regular ike. Because I have tried but one always seems to override the other (this is the same problem I have had with all custom move sets)
Not possible man, there can be only one FitCharacter.pac PSA.

should i be replacing stage select pictures in common5 or se_selmap? brawl crashes when i get to the stage select screen now and im wondering what i have to do to prevent this
Reverse what you did you probably replaced some image with another that has incorrect format(s). It's happened to me countless times, i always create backup copies timestamping each of them, if i screw it up and cannot find the problem i'll edit a previous working file.
I thought replacing stuff in sc_selcharacter for CSPs will work, but i edit the sc_selcharacter in Common5 and it's fine, i'm assuming the sc_selmap in the common 5 is what you should be heading towards as well.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Dunno never understood how texturizer works, always used smashbox for CSPs since i learned about them.
Fair enough. Any idea why Brawlbox isn't working then? got common5.pac in private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/system/ (PAL, hence RSBP... textures are working in private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/fighter/[name], so the directory should be ok). But nothing else, aren't there meant to be other files? I hear with CUPASH you have two other files to put in other folders, but I haven't seen any mention of those... Any idea?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why won't CUPASH work for me when it works for someone else who does the exact same steps as me down to the letter (namely the person who made the tutorial)?
Use Smashbox instead of CUPASH
For CSPs? o.o It can do that?
Yep, Brawlbox does anything now.
Do be advised though that BrawlBox does not recognize perfect magenta (#ff00ff) as a transparent color, so the portraits will need to have an Alpha Layer, and a transparent background.

On a side note, you can use the file, sc_selcharacter.pac, to insert your custom portraits, but that file does need to be compressed before it can be used.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Costumes? you mean "Textures"? I'm not certain as I dont play Balanced Brawl, but I'm sure you won't need to delete the GCT file i thikn you're talking about. The GCT contains the code telling the game to read textures off your SD card, are the textures in the pf\fighter folder textures you put in?
yes. I don't know why it isn't working. idk. maybe it's because I get some of these packs in sets of costume so I have a pac amd a pcs along with the zips while others come alone. idk agai. need to experiment with it I guess

mobilisq

Smash Ace
the problem is that ive managed to make brawl crash with both se selmap pac and the selmap within common5, separate from one another

how am i supposed to save the files im making, since my method works perfectly well for CSPs but kills my game with the SSPs

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Do be advised though that BrawlBox does not recognize perfect magenta (#ff00ff) as a transparent color, so the portraits will need to have an Alpha Layer, and a transparent background. On a side note, you can use the file, sc_selcharacter.pac, to insert your custom portraits, but that file does need to be compressed before it can be used.
I don't think what I've been doing had alpha layers, but that and the fact i never did this "compressing" thing is probably why this new batch of CSPs keep freezing. So i have no clue about this,
sc_selcharacter_en has to be compressed, all miscdata has to be compressed and char_bust_tex is not compressed? a working common5 has this setup, as well as the ones that don't. I'm not sure how this compressing thing works.

can i get some input on why this isn't working...
- 128x160px., 128 colour-indexed, 72 dpi.

...yet, this one does?
- 128x160px., 234 colour-indexed, 72 dpi.

mario_and_sonic_guy said:
Apparently, adding too many portraits with CUPASH can do that to your game. However, I have noticed that adding portraits with BrawlBox seems to negate that issue. Of course, the file size will probably be smaller, thanks to the required compression for some of the archives.
I was doing this off a new common5. the only new portraits i had was bowser and mario.

This new batch of CSPs im talking about were done on a school computer, im thinking it could be a potential issue. If that was the case then the bowsers' managed to dodge the bullet then.

maybe its because my flash drive is a FAT32 and my hard drive is NTFS?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It might be a bit of a weird fix but try defragging your SD card, in most cases where there's a screeching noise it's usually caused by an SD read error. In most (or all) cases defragging actually works.
Just tried this yesterday and it worked. Thanks a bunch!!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Still don't understand the search options here, so I'll ask, but are there any files of each characters' original colors?

I just wanna use gold Sonic on standard Sonic, so that'll be his blue for team games, but I don't know where it'd be.

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
Where do you put in effect files? (like RedMarthSlash.pac)

And I can't find the shield textures (the redish-blackish shield) can someone link me please?

Malice_

Smash Rookie
Where do you put in effect files? (like RedMarthSlash.pac)

And I can't find the shield textures (the redish-blackish shield) can someone link me please?
I believe it would be named FitMarthmotion.pac or FitMarthmotionetc.pac

Nessagirl66

Smash Rookie
I've gotten everything onto my sd card and my character texture shows up but if I go into a fight or select a stage my game freezes why is that?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Still don't understand the search options here, so I'll ask, but are there any files of each characters' original colors?
I just wanna use gold Sonic on standard Sonic, so that'll be his blue for team games, but I don't know where it'd be.
use this if you're looking for any specific brawl files. Bookmark it too :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

FitSonic00 down to 05. 00 would be original colour.

I believe it would be named FitMarthmotion.pac or FitMarthmotionetc.pac
FitMarthMotionEtc.pac is the correct answer.

I've gotten everything onto my sd card and my character texture shows up but if I go into a fight or select a stage my game freezes why is that?
how do you know it shows up if it freezes? Like do you get a glimpse of it right when you see the stage before it freezes, or are you talking about when you're selecting characters? the picture you see when selecting characters have nothing to do with the character texture itself. Can you possibly upload some screenshots of your SD card's content? Specifically these locations:
X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\fighter\whatever character you picked\
X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\stage\melee\

I might be able to help you better like this as there are many many ways for tour game to freeze on start up of the game. it could be because you got a corrupted stage texture, or a corrupt character texture...

mobilisq

Smash Ace
can anyone tell me how my images have to be formatted to work properly with the stage select screen?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
A17, I haven't tried it yet, but aren't the files supposed to be .PCS, not .pac, if I want them to be a visible change?

I'll see when I actually put it in, but thanks. =]

I can swap Meta Knight's hideous blue to his standard blue now too! =]

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
you talking about textures? if so then yes, pcs.

pacs and pcs and pretty much the same to me, as long as you got brawlbox

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
you talking about textures? if so then yes, pcs.

pacs and pcs and pretty much the same to me, as long as you got brawlbox
Oops, I found the .pcs, sorry, so it should be fine. MK works too. =]

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Ive got a problem :(. Ive been trying to get Textures and other hacks for brawl for about 2 weeks now and have run into a problem that i really cant find a way around, ive tried looking it up and it seems i cant find someone else having the same problem.

From the start. I got a friend to install homebrew and create a copy of his SD card onto my SD card for me, but the textures wouldnt load and when i finish a game it would freeze.

and sometimes when i go to load Gecko from homebrew it will freeze on a black screen before even going to Gecko screen.

Im PAL if that makes a difference.

Things I have tried:

* Using 3 different friend SD cards with hacks that work on their wiis.
note: the place where it freezes changes with each of their codes.
1 black screen on start up(after gecko loads codes), 1 when paused, 1 when game finished.

* I was using Gecko 1.9.1 so i tried Gecko 1.9.3 and no difference.

* Formatting my SD card from FAT(default) to FAT32 with no difference. My SD card is a 2GB SanDisk.

* Formatting my whole wii !!!, and unlocked everything again, reinstalled homebrew. no difference.

* Ive tried installing homebrew using both methods of bannerbomb and Hackmii.

* making sure the directory for the textures are correct.
e.g. SD Card Root /private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/fighter/captain

Ive been trying to sort this prob out for countless hours Please Help!

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom