• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yea, that is not working, I also put in 2 of ZSS textures and those are not working
For ZSS she requires .pac files and they said its best to use the custom CSS (since I guess it has issues loading her).

I'll try out the Peach texture now I'll tell you what happens for me.

Edit: yeah peach isn't working for me either, let me see if I can put her pac file and see if it fixes it

Edit2: Yes placing her .pac seems to have fixed the issue.

Edit3: make sure the wii stops beeping at character select before going to stage select.
4th player does not seem to get custom textures sometimes. The small portrait also goes invisible for a mall oerod before it suddenly appears.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So 1.3 of the code gets rid of the loading times on CSS? Sick. I gotta get that running, the loading times were a pain >_>

Also, anyone know how to get the custom CSS textures working yet? And music?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Custom Character Selection Screen, another code that adds ZSS and other characters to the selection screen.

I got my hands on all character textures and other stuff that lets me edit/modify them, is there a way to test my custom textures before loading them to the game? It's a whole different thing, right? Like, I'd need 3dstudio, ported models, and such?

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
There are so many awesome textures, here's some snapshots I took of what you might want to have.

Zombie Ganondorf and Mama Luigi

Dark Sheik and Boshi

Mother Trainer

Tingle and Wind Waker Link

Linebeck, A Link to The Past, Geno

Galacta Knight, Meta Jason, Corrupted Knight

Fierce Deity Link and Fierce Toon Link

Awesome Kirby, Dark Boo, Mallow, Moon Kirby

http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/users/259

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Question: I know this should take additional loading time, but i'm assuming it's substantially better than the 1/2 loading times of a burned disk, right? The music never stalls when loading stage transformations, and Sheik/Zelda/PT transformations never take stupid long, right?

any word on streaming material? Custom Music ftw.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I downloaded all my textures and made the correct directories for them. But, now, I'm wondering if I need to put all of those codes that Falco400 put in the first post into the ocarina code program. Do I?

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Mine...isn't working.

I put it in the right directories.

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/snake/joker01.pcs

I have Gecko OS working fine. All my other hacks are working fine. Just...this one.

HEEEELP!

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Mine...isn't working.

I put it in the right directories.

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/snake/joker01.pcs

I have Gecko OS working fine. All my other hacks are working fine. Just...this one.

HEEEELP!
Of course its not working because the game cant find the file.

Its FitSnake01.pcs

FitSnake01.pcs

Blue parts are required.
Green can be changed.

I advise keeping it all the same though for simplicity.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I did that.

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/snake/Fitjoker01.pcs

Still doesn't work. :\

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
Ok, so this code is great and dandy and all but I've seen some problems with stages. Here's a lost of all the stages that I've tested, and if they worked or not.

Stages that do work so far:
Final Destination
Mario Circuit
Summit

Stages that don't work so far:
Temple
Skyworld

Ok, well with Temple it just makes a loud "Beee" noise. And with skyworld it's a silent death. As in a no "Bee" but same problem. The only real conclusion I made from this is either your code needs to be updated, or for whatever reason my stage textures, which have BEEN used, and work are somehow messed up. Tell me. What is up?

Adapt

Smash Lord
There are so many awesome textures, here's some snapshots I took of what you might want to have.
Dark Sheik and Boshi
Can someone link me to the Dark Sheik texture?

I have been looking for Sheik and Zelda textures, but I only saw an orange/blue texture on stacksmash which I don't like

jokey665

Smash Ace
Ok, so this code is great and dandy and all but I've seen some problems with stages. Here's a lost of all the stages that I've tested, and if they worked or not.

Stages that do work so far:
Final Destination
Mario Circuit
Summit

Stages that don't work so far:
Temple
Skyworld

Ok, well with Temple it just makes a loud "Beee" noise. And with skyworld it's a silent death. As in a no "Bee" but same problem. The only real conclusion I made from this is either your code needs to be updated, or for whatever reason my stage textures, which have BEEN used, and work are somehow messed up. Tell me. What is up?
Where did you get textures for those stages?

bobson

Smash Lord
any word on streaming material? Custom Music ftw.
You could stream data from your SD card if you don't want an SD card anymore. I don't think non-hacked-ISO music modifications will be possible without either changing the way music is processed or tapping into USB2.0 somehow.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I seriously have tried everything now and it still dosn't work.

1. I'm using Gecko OS 1.07b instead of Ocarina
2. I've tried using textures that I made and downloaded textures.
3. I've named them correctly and put them in the right spot \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\Link\FitLink01. pcs
4. I've put them through lz77ex, made them end with .out files and I've edited them to make them end with pcs again.
5. I wait for the loading on the character screen to end and I try multiple times.
6. I've included the codes on the front page.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I just found loads of character texture hacks I like, and I want to use mostly ALL of them. How many do you guys reccomend being put on at a time?

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman

3. I've named them correctly and put them in the right spot \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\Link\FitLink01. pcs
4. I've put them through lz77ex, made them end with .out files and I've edited them to make them end with pcs again.
5. I wait for the loading on the character screen to end and I try multiple times.
I believe you made a mistake with /Link/. I think it is case-sensitive (said so somewhere in this thread. It's /link/ I believe.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I believe you made a mistake with /Link/. I think it is case-sensitive (said so somewhere in this thread. It's /link/ I believe.
I just copied that from the front page. The ones I have are lower case.

I've tried /ness/FitNess00.pcs
/snake/FitSnake02.pcs
/sonic/FitSonic01.pcs
/yoshi/FitYoshi00.pcs

FireKirby7

Smash Lord

I dunno, it SHOULD work basing on what you did. Maybe it's your Wii Version or something...
I just found loads of character texture hacks I like, and I want to use mostly ALL of them. How many do you guys reccomend being put on at a time?
I think you can use all you want, I got 6 textures for all 39 characters. That's a lot, and my Brawl works just fine. :)

jokey665

Smash Ace

After running the .pcs through lz77ex you need to rename the .pcs.out files to .pac, not .pcs

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Are the ones that are already pre-made and downloadable need any changes done to them or can they just be put into their directory?

All I can do right now is see where it is thats going wrong.

EDIT: Wait, Okay so lets say for example I put it FitYoshii00.pcs in the lz77ex file.

It comes out to be FitYoshi00.pcs.out

The correct way to do it is to rename it FitYoshi00.pac.out and not FitYoshi00.pcs?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Are the ones that are already pre-made and downloadable need any changes done to them or can they just be put into their directory?

All I can do right now is see where it is thats going wrong.

EDIT: Wait, Okay so lets say for example I put it FitYoshii00.pcs in the lz77ex file.

It comes out to be FitYoshi00.pcs.out

The correct way to do it is to rename it FitYoshi00.pac.out and not FitYoshi00.pcs?
You need FitYoshi00.pcs and FitYoshi00.pac.

FitYoshi.pac is the renamed file that was FitYoshi00.pac.out

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You need FitYoshi00.pcs and FitYoshi00.pac.

FitYoshi.pac is the renamed file that was FitYoshi00.pac.out
thats what I did

I had FitYoshi00.pac and FitYoshi00.pcs

I ran them both through.

I got FitYoshi00.pac.out and FitYoshi00.pcs.out

I renamed them both back to their original names.

jokey665

Smash Ace
thats what I did

I had FitYoshi00.pac and FitYoshi00.pcs

I ran them both through.

I got FitYoshi00.pac.out and FitYoshi00.pcs.out

I renamed them both back to their original names.
the point of the program is to get the pac if you don't already have it, by running the pcs through it. if you downloaded a pcs and a pac then you already had everything you needed, but if you only downloaded a pcs then you would need to run it through and get the pac (which would be named pcs.out and you would need to rename to pac)

If you ever get a pac.out you're doing it wrong.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Then I don't know whats wrong then.

I downloaded both pac and pcs. I've tried every combination.

Shouldn't downloaded files be fully ready too? I can't even get them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom