• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Well if this meant these were playable characters then wouldn't that mean that they SHOULD have trophies? Diddy wasn't even a trophy in Melee and Dixie was, and guess who became playable in Brawl. What Sakurai leaves out in the trophies doesn't have much to do with anything I don't think. It means about as much as the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run guaranteeing us Chorus Kids.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Interesting finds! Not sure where the P5-P8 comes from, the next page thing could be DLC, Bandana Dee, Isaac, and Ridley not having a trophy is odd, hoping they're DLC (espically Bandana Dee and Ridley)!

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Never played golden sun but a hear a lot of good things about it and I'm happy to play as one more character

Mostly I want ridley in the game it will legit make this game have the perfect roster for me atleast.

Bandana dee is love. Bandana dee is life.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Those roster icons are huge...

I guess the arrows wouldn't have to be the same resolution, but the fact that they're not hurts the idea of transfer unlocks quite a bit, along with the fact that there's absolutely no hidden character data for transfer unlocks.
That's not taking into account that the game download is half the size the eshop card said it would be.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Interesting finds! Not sure where the P5-P8 comes from, the next page thing could be DLC, Bandana Dee, Isaac, and Ridley not having a trophy is odd, hoping they're DLC (espically Bandana Dee and Ridley)!
Brawl Wolf doesn't have a trophy either. Someone posted a video with all the trophies in it. I examined the Wolf trophy and its purely his assault look. Its not playable character quality at all.( far less detailed). Now he could have been cut from the beginning or early on ( If that's true, Sakurai deserves every ounce of hate for this action and for adding the star wolf song without Wolf) Thankfully I doubt its true.( The only characters I think Sakurai ever cut early on were Pichu and Young Link in Brawl and for this game made the clones low priority ( At the early stages of development at least.)) If a character as big as Wolf didn't have a trophy wouldn't you be suspicious. In brawl I think the only cut character who didn't have a trophy was Dr. Mario.( Maybe Roy and young link too.) Its possible they got rid of his brawl art, though that's extremely unlikely. Wolf's assault look is one of two official artworks of Wolf's full body.( The others are just mugshots.) Wolf only had one trophy of himself in brawl so why not make a trophy of his assault look. They did it for Fox and Falco. I think Wolf will be playable with his brawl look.Weather it be by DLC or WII U transfer. Ridley has been hyped too much. A trophy of Ridley would freak fans out even if it isn't his playable look ( Assuming he is playable). Ridley has been requested for years and if size isn't the issue than what is? If Ridley's a boss than according to the Ridley thread he'll be one small boss, hurting both Ridley haters and supporters ( Haters because he won't be too big anymore and supporters because he won't be playable.) which would be really mean of Sakurai and would make people want a new director for smash. If Ridley isn't playable Sakurai should have said something earlier. The trophy quiz segment also hints at his inclusion as well as someone else. DLC or WII U transfer Ridley( and Wolf) best be playable for the sake of Sakurai's health.( Who knows what dastardly things Ridley ( and Wolf ) would do to a man like Sakurai.) There's another character whom doesn't have a trophy in the game, Impa. The only Impa trophy is titled Impa ( Ocarina of Time). Where's regular Impa. The trophy quiz also hints at Impa. Impa isn't as big as Wolf or Ridley so if she's playable including a trophy of her Ocarina of Time look in the 3DS titled Impa ( Ocarina of Time) isn't as major as say including a trophy like Ridley ( Other M ), or Wolf ( Assault), or Wolf ( with brawl look) or Ridley ( with playable look), or Ridley, or not having a trophy of Wolf. Impa is no where near the popularity levels of Ridley or Wolf, but is requested. She's reasonable for a Zelda rep. I think she might be playable. Issac is bigger than impa ( in popularity), but not bigger than Ridley ( In size and popularity). Unlike those two the lack of him being an assist trophy or having a regular trophy is the only thing he's got going for him. I'm not into Issac as much as some of the others. He might have a shot, though not as much as the other guys. Bandanna Dee, Kirby getting a 4th rep? No not with Starfox only having 2 reps. Bandanna Dee: Please let me be playable. After Wolf is playable in Smash bros WII U/ 3DS and Starfox has all 3 of its veterans then we can talk about your inclusion and Kirby getting a 4th rep take him away. I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Sakurai created Bandanna Dee. That and Bandanna Dee's only appearance in a handheld game I'm pretty sure is Kirby Triple Deluxe, ( You know the game that was released in Japan on the day King Dedede was confirmed ) and we all know how much content from that game is in Smash bros 3ds. ( For those of you who don't know, NONE AT ALL). His first appearance was in Return to Dream land on the WII so his trophy could be on the WII U. If any of my facts are wrong please correct me. So there are my thoughts on the three big missing trophies ( Ridley, Issac, Bandanna Dee) plus two more ( Wolf (with his brawl look) and regular Impa ( not Impa (Ocarina of Time) ). All these trophies could possibly be on the WII U ( in a sense that the characters aren't playable) or not exist at all. If they do exist then they better be unlocked by beating classic mode with said character. Therefore making said characters playable. Most of these trophies should only appear in both versions if the character the trophy is based on is playable. Sorry for the novel, but think about these thoughts, and happy smashing.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Well if this meant these were playable characters then wouldn't that mean that they SHOULD have trophies? Diddy wasn't even a trophy in Melee and Dixie was, and guess who became playable in Brawl. What Sakurai leaves out in the trophies doesn't have much to do with anything I don't think. It means about as much as the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run guaranteeing us Chorus Kids.
Perhaps he could hypothetically add trophies with the DLC characters in the same download.

Plus LordJackel's padlock theory also plays into there being more characters.
Is the padlock theory based on the All-Star menu icon having a padlock in those early leaks?

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps he could hypothetically add trophies with the DLC characters in the same download.
That would be the smart thing to do. But I'm not buying Wii U exclusive characters or that he's holding something back. Sakurai was pretty firm that this was not going to happen and even cut the Ice Climbers from the Wii U version to follow this rule he laid down.

Of course if I'm wrong I'll be happy. But I've already mentally moved on from the idea of a playable Ridley and others a long time ago.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Is the padlock theory based on the All-Star menu icon having a padlock in those early leaks?
At first it was. The theory goes, what's the purpose for having ALL star mode unlocked from the start if all the unlock-able characters are extremely easy to unlock. The answer more characters will be added. If a new character is added then All star mode would be unplayable until you unlock that character, but with the padlock you can play all star mode from the start and when a new character is added the padlock appears.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So earlier today, all of the textures for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS were leaked out. This, of all the things it included, had all of the textures used for the trophies. Strangely enough, Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee had all been missing trophies!

Also, along with that, RIGHT NEXT TO the Character Select Screen textures is two textures featuring green and orange arrows pointing left and right, respectively. The same thing goes for the Stage Select Screen, except these textures have the same outline that the SSS Stage Icons have. Also, the textures for the Character Select Screen have the same background color as the CSS background (dark-ish gray), so they fit in correctly.

Thoughts?

Arrow Textures:

Character Select Screen...

Stage Select Screen...

ANOTHER FIND:

Sakurai, what were you planning?
This is actually very interesting and this does raise questions. But after this, it does seem to increase the likely hood of DLC happening.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
It was shown that even though there was screen space left, the tip of the spear was cut off. The model didn't even take up the whole screen, but it was still cut off, it was deemed fake immediately
Ah. Ok, thanks for the clarification. But I feel like that may have been the only fake, I've seen the Tharja and Candy Kong trophies in footage.

Portanix

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Quite an ignorant post to say the least. Really? Rudely starting it off by saying everyone is just grasping at straws? Does that mean we should just give up all speculation because you said so?

And why would Bandana Dee not get a trophy when he is a prominent and recurring character? You say he "wasn't" as if you worked on the game. Either, way, I'm quite sure he would, even if he isn't playable. Almost every Nintendo character has one.
Stop talking about this Bandana Crap. This character is a worthless piece of garbage that has absolute zero chance of getting in the game. Never.
His "so important role" in Kirby is just as important as some kind of NPC in World of Warcraft.
You guys should stop asking for trash characters.

/irony on
OH SAKURAI PLEASE ADD SHREK AND GOKU AND MAYBE EVEN MR. SATAN PLEASE SAKURAI.
/irony off

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Isaac being missing doesn't surprise me to be honest. Golden Sun hasn't had a new installment in years. Bandana Dee being missing...meh, I don't see how he's that big a thing anyways. Ridley, though...very interesting. Maybe it's because he's just in the Wii U version, but maybe there's more to it than that.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Stop talking about this Bandana Crap. This character is a worthless piece of garbage that has absolute zero chance of getting in the game. Never.
His "so important role" in Kirby is just as important as some kind of NPC in World of Warcraft.

/irony on
/irony off

Ohohoho now you're playing with fire mister.

You say he is just an NPC but have you even played any of the games he is in? Or any Kirby game for that matter? Your arguement that he doesn't matter was valid at around 2007. What kind of NPC has his face on the promo art for the next Kirby game? He's right on the cover of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. You know who isn't there? King dedede or Meta Knight, the "main characters" of the Kirby franchise. To compare, is Toadsworth, an actual pointless NPC, on the cover of any mario game ever?

Also, just out of sheer curiosity, what characters do YOU want in? Who's to say that they might be the trashy ones?

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
having bandana dee in smash would be like having a koopa turtle or goomba as a playable... so dumb
Lol, what? Please go back to Gamefaqs or wherever you came from. He is a main, playable character in the Kirby franchise. Never compare him to a goomba. I hate it when people say this, it's so annoying.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

/irony on
/irony off
I literally laughed at this post. :laugh:
No but honestly, what? Just, what? Do I really need to point out what's (obviously) wrong with this post?

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I wouldn't doubt those three along with a stage or two as a purchasable DLC pack. Waddle Dee would be the next logical rep in one of Sakurai's own franchises, but is he honestly an interesting enough character?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I wouldn't doubt those three along with a stage or two as a purchasable DLC pack. Waddle Dee would be the next logical rep in one of Sakurai's own franchises, but is he honestly an interesting enough character?
I think he'd be interesting enough, he wields a spear after all. Plus, he could also use abilities from other Waddle Dees.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac being missing doesn't surprise me to be honest. Golden Sun hasn't had a new installment in years.
Golden Sun had a new title in 2010 - late 2010 at that. Sure you could technically call that 'years', but in terms of video game series releases, it's quite an exaggeration to say so. It is a very recent release, relatively, especially considering the gap in between The Lost Age and it (Dark Dawn).

The absence of Golden Sun content does not make any sense whatsoever, either way.

whitebandit

Smash Rookie
I think he'd be interesting enough, he wields a spear after all. Plus, he could also use abilities from other Waddle Dees.
We should get a Koopa turtle with abilities from other koopas then... Red Shell/blueShell/Greenshell FTW OMG GUYS KOOPAS DONT HAVE TROPHY< DLC??!??!

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
We should get a Koopa turtle with abilities from other koopas then... Red Shell/blueShell/Greenshell FTW OMG GUYS KOOPAS DONT HAVE TROPHY< DLC??!??!
His name is Bandana Dee, not Waddle Dee. He is a playable character. He is seperated from Waddle Dees because he is given important roles in new games. Come up with a new argument or leave.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

/irony on
/irony off

Anyway, if people aren't sure of what Bandana Dee's roles have been or familiar with the Kirby games than please just go visit the Bandana Waddle Dee character OP post. Otherwise it's copy and pasting arguments all day.

The point of interest in this thread is that these wanted characters, Ridley Isaac, and Bandana Dee don't have trophies to collect in the 3DS game. This can indicate something or nothing but folks feel like pondering and making note of it. If more about the possibility of these characters show up later plus this, than we can further speculate.

Does that mean we can have Waddle doo too? He was playable in Kirby, has been in more games, and was even in Previous smash games...
He's not highlighted as important in any of the stories, he's not distinguished in design, he's not as reoccurring as a MAIN character as Bandana Dee who is a fellow ally, helper in in Triple Deluxe, and Right hand man to Dedede's plot in Revenge of the King. Waddle Doo is just a Waddle Doo no distinguished by his species. Bandana Dee on the other hand is a specific character. A specific Waddle Dee with a position of power, role in the kingdom, reoccurring ally. Waddle Doo was playable and an ally only in KSS/U. The waddle doo that are helping you are general waddle doo... the Waddle Dee that specifically continues to help you is a specific Waddle Dee spanning several games.

Last edited:

whitebandit

Smash Rookie
His name is Bandana Dee, not Waddle Dee. He is a playable character. He is seperated from Waddle Dees because he is given important roles in new games. Come up with a new argument or leave.
he is seperated from waddle dees because he has bandana on? we so badly need bandana dee because he has spear and bandana!

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
he is seperated from waddle dees because he has bandana on? we so badly need bandana dee because he has spear and bandana!
Waddle Doo was never playable. I reiterate,go back to Gamefaqs or wherever you came from, because you obviosly know nothing. :laugh:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I don't really care if Bandana Dee makes it, I always thought Prince Fluff would be more fun, but Bandana Dee's not a terrible choice. He's definitely the fourth most important character to the Kirby franchise (Goomba's not a fair comparison because there are tons of more significant characters to the Mario franchise), and Kirby is definitely one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

whitebandit

Smash Rookie
When was Waddle Doo ever playable?
Waddle Doo was never playable. I reiterate,go back to Gamefaqs or wherever you came from, because you obviosly know nothing. :laugh:
not that i have to prove myself correct but, you are indeed wrong.. so feel free to return back to gamefags yourself? Google Waddle Doo and read the page..

also here, http:/ /kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:playable_characters

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
AGAIN, US AMERICANS NEED TO REALIZE SAKURAI COULD GIVE TWO SH*TS ABOUT US, WHAT EVER IS IN JAPAN THAT IS POPULAR SEEMS TO MATTER, SERISOULY. LOOK AT ALL THE OLD FIRE EMBLEM CHARCTERS OR HOW SOME CHARACTERS ARE FROM MOSTLY JAPAN POPULAR GAMES, JUST BECAUSE KIRBY IS NOT AS POPULAR HERE AS IT IS IN JAPAN DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A IRRELLIVANT SERIES. look at series like fire emlbem and mother, MUCH MORE POPULAR IN JAPAN. metroid and donkey kong are not even things in japan, when was the last metroid game? how much donkey kong content is in this game? THERE ARE PLACES OUTSIDE OF AMERICA YOU KNOW,

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/22/japan-ranks-their-favourite-nintendo-franchises/

http://news.mynavi.jp/c_cobs/enquete/realranking/2012/09/22_1e.html

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
not that i have to prove myself correct but, you are indeed wrong.. so feel free to return back to game**** yourself? Google Waddle Doo and read the page..
Nobody wants Waddle Doo, lots of people want Bandana Dee. That's enough reason to pick him over the other,

whitebandit

Smash Rookie
AGAIN, US AMERICANS NEED TO REALIZE SAKURAI COULD GIVE TWO SH*TS ABOUT US, WHAT EVER IS IN JAPAN THAT IS POPULAR SEEMS TO MATTER, SERISOULY. LOOK AT ALL THE OLD FIRE EMBLEM CHARCTERS OR HOW SOME CHARACTERS ARE FROM MOSTLY JAPAN POPULAR GAMES, JUST BECAUSE KIRBY IS NOT AS POPULAR HERE AS IT IS IN JAPAN DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A IRRELLIVANT SERIES. look at series like fire emlbem and mother, MUCH MORE POPULAR IN JAPAN. metroid and donkey kong are not even things in japan, when was the last metroid game? how much donkey kong content is in this game? THERE ARE PLACES OUTSIDE OF AMERICA YOU KNOW,
so because japan likes kirby we need stupid playable characters in smash brothers? no

and also why do you keep stating the same thing over and over again? US AMERICANS -- JAPAN - US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -US AMERICANS -- JAPAN -

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
not that i have to prove myself correct but, you are indeed wrong.. so feel free to return back to game**** yourself? Google Waddle Doo and read the page..

also here, http:/ /kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:playable_characters
Yes, as a helper in Kirby Superstar, a SNES game. BDee is playable in Return to Dream Land, a game released in between Brawl Smash 4. Arbitrary points don't make you right, it just shows how stubborn you are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom