• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is about as popular of a series as loz or Pokemon, it doesn't even get close to enough representation
You're not serious, are you? Kirby has more than enough representation. Some could argue more than it deserves. Donkey Kong, a franchise that is more popular than Kirby, got no new characters, no new stages (3DS version), no assist trophies, and no items. If any franchise deserves more representation, it's Donkey Kong. What more could you add from Kirby? You've already got all of the iconic important characters, as well as some assist trophies and items.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You're not serious, are you? Kirby has more than enough representation. Some could argue more than it deserves. Donkey Kong, a franchise that is more popular than Kirby, got no new characters, no new stages (3DS version), no assist trophies, and no items. If any franchise deserves more representation, it's Donkey Kong. What more could you add from Kirby? You've already got all of the iconic important characters, as well as some assist trophies and items.
1. I don't think DK is more popular than Kirby, coming from a guy who owns more DK games than Kirby games.
2. What new Kirby stuff have we gotten besides a stage and an assist?

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
While Kirby isn't as popular as LoZ or Pokemon, it has a helluva following in both Japan and NA, something DK really doesn't. Kirby is the 4th and Final of Nintendo's big 4 franchises (in order of importance: Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby) so new content isn't that far-fetched. Then again, the Kirby franchise got that GB stage, but that was about it. You're absolutely right in saying that DK needs more representation, but Kirby getting more representation throughout all the smash games really is to be expected. The DK franchise is Definetly more deserving of another playable character than Nintendo's other non-gigantic franchises (Starfox, Metroid, Pikmin, Earthbound) what with DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze, but Kirby is bigger and rakes in more cash than DK, so of course it's gonna get more reps. Also, incase you haven't been reading this topic, Bandana Dee is what you could add to Kirby.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
1. I don't think DK is more popular than Kirby, coming from a guy who owns more DK games than Kirby games.
1. Sales wise, Donkey Kong is more popular than Kirby. However, if you exclude any spin-off titles from Kirby, and only focus on the actual platforming Donkey Kong games, Kirby has a chance of being more popular. I'm not sure, though. Donkey Kong is a lot more known than Kirby, and I don't think anybody could deny that.

2. While we may not get that much new content, here's a little comparison.

Kirby:

Characters -

Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight

Stages -
Halberd (returning, Wii U) and Dream Land (new, 3DS)

Items -
Dragoon, Maxim Tomato, Star Rod, Superspicy Curry, Warp Star

Assist Trophies -
Knuckle Joe (returning) and Nightmare (new)

Smash Run Enemies -
Bonkers, Bronto Burt, Gordo, Parasol Waddle Dee, Shotzo, Plasma Wisp, Tac, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo

---

Donkey Kong:

Characters -

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong

Stages -
Jungle Japes (returning, 3DS)

Items -
Hammer, Spring, Banana Peel

Assist Trophies -
N/A

Smash Run Enemies -
Blue Critter, Green Critter, Tiki Buzz (Critters are basically the same enemy, so I'd count this as only two enemies)

---

As you can see, Donkey Kong, despite being one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, and probably one of Nintendo's most known franchises, is severely lacking in content. Whereas, Kirby, while being a popular franchise, isn't one of Nintendo's most popular (although iconic), and isn't really known too well by the average consumer, yet has tons of content.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. Sales wise, Donkey Kong is more popular than Kirby. However, if you exclude any spin-off titles from Kirby, and only focus on the actual platforming Donkey Kong games, Kirby has a chance of being more popular. I'm not sure, though. Donkey Kong is a lot more known than Kirby, and I don't think anybody could deny that.

Kirby:

Characters -

Stages -

Items -

Assist Trophies -

Smash Run Enemies -
Bonkers, Bronto Burt, Gordo, Parasol Waddle Dee, Shotzo, Plasma Wisp, Tac, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo

---

Donkey Kong:

Characters -

Stages -

Items -

Assist Trophies -
N/A

Smash Run Enemies -
Blue Critter, Green Critter, Tiki Buzz (Critters are basically the same enemy, so I'd count this as only two enemies)

---

As you can see, Donkey Kong, despite being one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, and probably one of Nintendo's most known franchises, is severely lacking in content. Whereas, Kirby, while being a popular franchise, isn't one of Nintendo's most popular (although iconic), and isn't really known too well by the average consumer, yet has tons of content.
1. The Donkey Kong character is by far more known than the Kirby character, but the series itself, I just haven't seen much people knowing about it.
2. Did forget about all that stuff, so good point.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
To me Bandana Dee is like the Blue Toad of the Kirby universe. He is a very important character to the series (to the point of becoming a playable character), however the fact that he resembles a common enemy (or NPC for toad) means he will likely never become a smash character. Not that I have anything against him.
He's like Captain Toad, but a little more important in his respective franchise.

As for the DK franchise, who knows. It could be redeemed in the Wii U version. I'm pretty sure they'll get a stage there. It's become basically a meme that Sakurai dislikes the Donkey Kong franchise because of this. It sucks that Dixie wasn't even an Assist Trophy despite highly considered a likely newcomer.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
they should have made dixie a new comer over dark pit, replace peanut gun with new attack and jetpack to twirling hair and new final smash, would have been a lot better than dark pit

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Wow, those arrow icons are intriguing and very interesting. That's probably the most damning evidence of DLC if I ever did see any. The lack of a Ridley trophy at first was not too strange seeing as how he could just be a trophy in the Wii U version, but the lack of Golden Sun representation at all speaks volumes!

Either Sakurai is a cold-hearted monster, or he's got something up his sleeve for the Golden Sun franchise.

I'm holding firm on my belief that there will an "Enhanced Edition" patch or DLC update for New 3DS which will provide a wealth of new goodies for us.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
1. The Donkey Kong character is by far more known than the Kirby character, but the series itself, I just haven't seen much people knowing about it.
2. Did forget about all that stuff, so good point.
First of all, you not having "seen much people knowing about it" does not make for rock solid data. Second, Donkey Kong is Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise - behind Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda. The phrase "It's on like Donkey Kong!" has entered popular use. Lots of gamers know of the Donkey Kong Country series.

Donkey Kong is very popular, and is by all means grossly underrepresented in SSB4 thus far. People have presented numbers and facts. You have presented personal anecdotes.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
While I can see why you'd think Bandana Dee not being a trophy helps his cause, it really doesn't. I've thought about it for a while of late, and just because a character of "relevance" was released since Brawl's release doesn't guarantee them a trophy spot. There are many characters who do not receive even trophy status and are not in consideration for DLC roster spots.

Ridley isn't THAT mind boggling either. He's definitely going to be in the Wii U version, so they may have saved his trophy for later.

It isn't a head scratcher like Isaac whom was already an assist trophy and even had his own song in the game. Though it should be noted that the 3ds version attempts to pay more homage to the hand held games of Nintendo, as opposed to the console games. Why he wasn't immediately included could be simply running out of time to fit him into the game. (But really begs the question as to why Wii-Fit Trainer, and ROB gain priority over him)...

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Off the top of my head, the next Kirby rep would probably have to be Dark Matter (if not some version of Waddle Dee). After that it's really any of the helpers from Super Star.

Although, I think it would make more sense to include Dixie, K Rool, or Cranky before another playable Kirby character. The DK characters definitely should take priority in this case, especially since there's demand and possible development time already invested in them.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
While I can see why you'd think Bandana Dee not being a trophy helps his cause, it really doesn't. I've thought about it for a while of late, and just because a character of "relevance" was released since Brawl's release doesn't guarantee them a trophy spot. There are many characters who do not receive even trophy status and are not in consideration for DLC roster spots.

Ridley isn't THAT mind boggling either. He's definitely going to be in the Wii U version, so they may have saved his trophy for later.

It isn't a head scratcher like Isaac whom was already an assist trophy and even had his own song in the game. Though it should be noted that the 3ds version attempts to pay more homage to the hand held games of Nintendo, as opposed to the console games. Why he wasn't immediately included could be simply running out of time to fit him into the game. (But really begs the question as to why Wii-Fit Trainer, and ROB gain priority over him)...
Are these other characters that didn't get a trophy as likely to become playable as Bandana Dee? I mean, if it's someone like the Stork from Yoshi's New Island, then that isn't necessarily a very good comparison.

Speaking of which, any other Kirby rep aside from Magolor and BD aren't very likely to even get a trophy.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I actually really want the RIB to be true.

Ridley, Isaac, and Bandanna Dee I have really come around to (I knew nothing about Bandanna Dee so I read up on him.)

Nothing else, just a biased fan really hoping this speculation turns out true.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
1. The Donkey Kong franchise is Nintendo's fourth best selling franchise. So no, Kirby is not more popular than Donkey Kong.
2. Five items, two assist trophies, and a plethora of Smash Run enemies.

While Kirby isn't as popular as LoZ or Pokemon, it has a helluva following in both Japan and NA, something DK really doesn't. Kirby is the 4th and Final of Nintendo's big 4 franchises (in order of importance: Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby) so new content isn't that far-fetched. Then again, the Kirby franchise got that GB stage, but that was about it. You're absolutely right in saying that DK needs more representation, but Kirby getting more representation throughout all the smash games really is to be expected. The DK franchise is Definetly more deserving of another playable character than Nintendo's other non-gigantic franchises (Starfox, Metroid, Pikmin, Earthbound) what with DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze, but Kirby is bigger and rakes in more cash than DK, so of course it's gonna get more reps. Also, incase you haven't been reading this topic, Bandana Dee is what you could add to Kirby.
Not to sound rude, but where are you getting this 'Kirby is the final of Nintendo's big 4 franchises'? The Donkey Kong franchise is by far more popular than the Kirby franchise. The Donkey Kong franchise as a whole has sold 53.994 million units to Kirby's 33 million.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

If you're getting this 'Final 4' idea from how Kirby is represented in Smash (when they've promoted the games using Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby), we all know that's due to the fact that Sakurai has personally worked on the Kirby franchise. In all honesty, we know Sakurai is somewhat biased, even due to the excessive amount of Kid Icarus content. So when you're saying Kirby is part of some big four in order of importance and rakes in more cash, that's simply incorrect. Hell, Donkey Kong Country Returns alone sold twice as many copies than both Kirby games combined released on the Nintendo Wii.

Donkey Kong Country Returns sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45674/donkey-kong-country-returns/

Kirby's Epic Yarn sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45673/kirbys-epic-yarn/

Kirby's Return to Dreamland sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/50205/kirbys-return-to-dreamland/

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kirby franchise and own most of the games. However, I feel that Kirby has all that it needs to be adequately represented. You could possibly add a few more assist trophies, but that's about it. Banana Dee is not exactly an iconic character. I own Kirby's Return to Dreamland, which he is a part of, of course, and just from playing it, he just feels like a Toad does in New Super Mario Bros. Like yeah, he's a character and all, but he's not exactly deserving of a playable role in Smash. I wouldn't totally be against it, because I like the character and he would be unique, but knowing that we still don't have more deserving characters in such as King K. Rool or Ridley is what would bother me if he were to be a playable character. I'm happy to see you think Donkey Kong deserves more representation as well though.

Kirby:

Characters -

Stages -

Items -

Assist Trophies -

Smash Run Enemies -

---

Donkey Kong:

Characters -

Stages -

Items -

Assist Trophies -
N/A

Smash Run Enemies -

---

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for posting this comparison to shed some light on what exactly I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we really don't know much about the Wii U version at all.

I hope we get some new information soon. With all these different pieces of fan-fed speculation, feeding off of each other, I don't know how much more the Smash community can take.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
First of all, you not having "seen much people knowing about it" does not make for rock solid data. Second, Donkey Kong is Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise - behind Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda. The phrase "It's on like Donkey Kong!" has entered popular use. Lots of gamers know of the Donkey Kong Country series.

Donkey Kong is very popular, and is by all means grossly underrepresented in SSB4 thus far. People have presented numbers and facts. You have presented personal anecdotes.
1. The Donkey Kong franchise is Nintendo's fourth best selling franchise. So no, Kirby is not more popular than Donkey Kong.
2. Five items, two assist trophies, and a plethora of Smash Run enemies.

Not to sound rude, but where are you getting this 'Kirby is the final of Nintendo's big 4 franchises'? The Donkey Kong franchise is by far more popular than the Kirby franchise. The Donkey Kong franchise as a whole has sold 53.994 million units to Kirby's 33 million.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

If you're getting this 'Final 4' idea from how Kirby is represented in Smash (when they've promoted the games using Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby), we all know that's due to the fact that Sakurai has personally worked on the Kirby franchise. In all honesty, we know Sakurai is somewhat biased, even due to the excessive amount of Kid Icarus content. So when you're saying Kirby is part of some big four in order of importance and rakes in more cash, that's simply incorrect. Hell, Donkey Kong Country Returns alone sold twice as many copies than both Kirby games combined released on the Nintendo Wii.

Donkey Kong Returns sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45674/donkey-kong-country-returns/

Kirby's Epic Yarn sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45673/kirbys-epic-yarn/

Kirby's Return to Dreamland sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/50205/kirbys-return-to-dreamland/

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kirby franchise and own most of the games. However, I feel that Kirby has all that it needs to be adequately represented. You could possibly add a few more assist trophies, but that's about it. Banana Dee is not exactly an iconic character. I own Kirby's Return to Dreamland, which he is a part of, of course, and just from playing it, he just feels like a Toad does in New Super Mario Bros. Like yeah, he's a character and all, but he's not exactly deserving of a playable role in Smash. I wouldn't totally be against it, because I like the character and he would be unique, but knowing that we still don't have more deserving characters in such as King K. Rool or Ridley is what would bother me if he were to be a playable character. I'm happy to see you think Donkey Kong deserves more representation as well though.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for posting this comparison to shed some light on what exactly I'm trying to say.
Hm, didn't know it was that popular. Sorry for assuming.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Just be warned stuff like this has popped up before in physical games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 where they found code of Doctor Octopus and Frank west. When Ultimate came out Doctor Octopus was still nowhere to be found but Capcom added Frank West.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Imagine if Bandana Dee was playable. Sakurai's bias for his franchise at its finest.
But nobody would care if Bandana Dee managed to slip in if Ridley and Isaac got to come too.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Stop talking about this Bandana Crap.

I don't really get the hate for Bandana Dee. He has character. Hes not Waluigi. Hes not just there. He DOES have a role. And a spear. And loyalty. And items that he pulls out of his hammerspace. Hes also a Captain like Captain Toad but lacks the treasure hunting aspect. He also has a megaton punch like another Captain (Falcon).

I seriously don't get the hate.

Hes not a blank-template character like Link or ROB. I love ROB but Subspace was his only role and even then, there were a bunch of ROBs. So its possible for the spear wielding fire emblem character to be in. Also hes easy to model and insert into the game and has a moveset from Returns to Dreamland.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
That's what I never understood either. The community(casuals and competitive) went nuts over the tripping effect and Nintendo had the ability to patch the game and they never touched it. I have read patches can be expensive for third part developers but smash bros brawl was released by Nintendo for crying out loud. They're not going to "charge themselves" to put out a patch that might increase sales. The Wii sold tons of units. There was no reason to never patch Brawl and update the game.

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't believe in the SSBU/SSB3DS combo DLC theory, as nice as it would be.

Also none of those 3 would necessarily appear on a handheld, as weird as it would be for Isaac considering Golden Sun is a handheld thing.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Can anyone tell me about Ridley? Honestly all I hear about him is he's a generic murderer and someone who only comes back to be Samus' rival.

Also he can talk but never does? The only other fact I know about him, is that hes a clone post Super Metroid.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
That's what I never understood either. The community(casuals and competitive) went nuts over the tripping effect and Nintendo had the ability to patch the game and they never touched it. I have read patches can be expensive for third part developers but smash bros brawl was released by Nintendo for crying out loud. They're not going to "charge themselves" to put out a patch that might increase sales. The Wii sold tons of units. There was no reason to never patch Brawl and update the game.
You cannot patch Wii games. It didn't have the storage or infrastructure for it.

The only game that was patched without shipping out a different disc was Skyward Sword in 2011, which got its own channel instead.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Off the top of my head, the next Kirby rep would probably have to be Dark Matter (if not some version of Waddle Dee). After that it's really any of the helpers from Super Star.

Although, I think it would make more sense to include Dixie, K Rool, or Cranky before another playable Kirby character. The DK characters definitely should take priority in this case, especially since there's demand and possible development time already invested in them.
What about Marx as a newcomer for Kirby? Or maybe a boss. I was always fond of that little demon jester. :p

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Helpers have been seen in Smash Run.

As for a new Kirby new comer theres Galacta Knight who wildly differs from Meta Knight.

The thing most people who argue about rosters on here are missing the fact that a character needs to be unique enough to be made into a fighter. Sure theres the dog who lacked ANYTHING, but the point is that he has a unique moveset.

Issac has Earth shattering psynergy, Waddle dee and his spear, K.Rool and his many costumes w/ attributes. So lets think of ways that characters can be unique!

Honestly though I can't see Dixie as playable. Diddy pulled stuff from his N64 self and DK with that clap, slam and scream game and the original Donkey Kong. Which makes me sad that DK still can't throw barrels as a projectile. :/

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Can anyone tell me about Ridley? Honestly all I hear about him is he's a generic murderer and someone who only comes back to be Samus' rival.

Also he can talk but never does? The only other fact I know about him, is that hes a clone post Super Metroid.
Ridley is THE biggest enemy throughout the Metroid games. He is Samus' Bowser if you will. Mother Brain is important too, but she was only in 3 games (one of which was a remake) in the Metroid franchise. Ridley happens to be in most of them, in some form. Whether that be as a clone, mecha, or normal form. He is always there. He killed Samus parents in front of her, and he is the general of the Space Pirates. (again, similar to Bowser) So yeah, he is VERY important. As for the talking thing, that was only in a manga, and has never appeared in any of the games.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Helpers have been seen in Smash Run.

As for a new Kirby new comer theres Galacta Knight who wildly differs from Meta Knight.

The thing most people who argue about rosters on here are missing the fact that a character needs to be unique enough to be made into a fighter. Sure theres the dog who lacked ANYTHING, but the point is that he has a unique moveset.

Issac has Earth shattering psynergy, Waddle dee and his spear, K.Rool and his many costumes w/ attributes. So lets think of ways that characters can be unique!

Honestly though I can't see Dixie as playable. Diddy pulled stuff from his N64 self and DK with that clap, slam and scream game and the original Donkey Kong. Which makes me sad that DK still can't throw barrels as a projectile. :/
Bandanna Dee. Ridley, and King K. Rool would all make awesome, un-cloney characters. Here's some final smash ideas:

B.Dee: Kind of like King Dedede's final smash from Brawl, but ALOT more effective.

Ridley: Calls in Kraid, meanwhile Ridley goes into auto flying, fire-breathing mode (similar to Yoshi's final smash.) Kraid goes on a rampage with Ridley.

King K. Rool: Summons his pirate ship. Fires cannonballs similar to ZSS's and Snake's final smash.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
What about Marx as a newcomer for Kirby? Or maybe a boss. I was always fond of that little demon jester. :p
I was more referring to what main character would be next, in terms of series importance, to be a playable character, after Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight.

Marx would make sense, and I wouldn't mind him included somehow, but he's only played a major role in one section of one game. Dark Matter has been in at least three games.

Personally, I'd always thought Mr Bright & Mr Shine or Paintroller would be an interesting choice for playable (or even an AT). Both technically been in more games than Marx (not including remakes). Oh, and Wham Bam Rock as a boss.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
You cannot patch Wii games. It didn't have the storage or infrastructure for it.

The only game that was patched without shipping out a different disc was Skyward Sword in 2011, which got its own channel instead.

The Wii had 2200 block of storage space. Games like brawl would take up around 300. Why couldn't they use those extra blocks?

Skyword sword sold 3.7 million copies. Brawl sold 12.05 million copies. If anything they couldn't make a separate channel for Brawl as well?

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I was more referring to what main character would be next, in terms of series importance, to be a playable character, after Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight.

Marx would make sense, and I wouldn't mind him included somehow, but he's only played a major role in one section of one game. Dark Matter has been in at least three games.

Personally, I'd always thought Mr Bright & Mr Shine or Paintroller would be an interesting choice for playable (or even an AT). Both technically been in more games than Marx (not including remakes). Oh, and Wham Bam Rock as a boss.
I think a stage with Kracko or Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright as bosses would be amazing! Butter Building stage anyone?

R0Y

Smash Master
The Wii had 2200 block of storage space. Games like brawl would take up around 300. Why couldn't they use those extra blocks?

Skyword sword sold 3.7 million copies. Brawl sold 12.05 million copies. If anything they couldn't make a separate channel for Brawl as well?
That's a random number. Anyways, this isn't save data, this is a patch that changes the code to the game, who knows how big the patch would be? Not everybody had an SD card plugged in their Wii either if the space was running low, and who knows if they would ever patch tripping? What would they even patch in its own save channel?

Skyward Sword had a really simple progression bug, though it prevented you from completing the game. It also came out in late 2011, whereas Brawl came out in early 2008. Nintendo would introduce patches to 3DS games (sort of, you have to visit the eShop though) and properly to the Wii U the year after Skyward Sword launched. It was also a bug that literally stopped you from progressing. Tripping was a (dumb) design decision.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2939/

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I don't really get the hate for Bandana Dee. He has character. Hes not Waluigi. Hes not just there. He DOES have a role. And a spear. And loyalty. And items that he pulls out of his hammerspace. Hes also a Captain like Captain Toad but lacks the treasure hunting aspect. He also has a megaton punch like another Captain (Falcon).

I seriously don't get the hate.

Hes not a blank-template character like Link or ROB. I love ROB but Subspace was his only role and even then, there were a bunch of ROBs. So its possible for the spear wielding fire emblem character to be in. Also hes easy to model and insert into the game and has a moveset from Returns to Dreamland.

I don't think it's that people necessarily hate the idea of having Banana Dee in. I think he would make for a very interesting unique character. However, I just feel that Kirby is already adequately represented in Smash as far as playable fighters are concerned. When you think about the Kirby franchise, you think of Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede in terms of iconic characters. They've already taken all of the necessary characters from that universe. It's the same reason why I never thought Ghirahim should've been a playable character. In terms of Zelda characters, you've already got all of the defining important characters who make up that franchise. In my opinion, Banana Dee is similar to Toad in this instance; a notable character throughout the series, but not exactly a defining character with an iconic role. On top of that, there's still plenty of characters out there who are far more deserving of a playable role than Banana Dee, such as King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Issac to name a few.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ridley is THE biggest enemy throughout the Metroid games. Also Space captain general.
That tells me nothing significant about him. Its like saying Ganondorf is a bad guy in every game. So?

I need to know the character at his core.

Ganondorf for instance wants power to become a God and spread his influence, in some games. In others he wants the power to save his people.

What is Ridley besides a murderer and reoccurring character?

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
That tells me nothing significant about him. Its like saying Ganondorf is a bad guy in every game. So?

Ganondorf for instance wants power to become a God and spread his influence, in some games. In others he wants the power to save his people.

Ridley is the leader of the Space Pirates that attacked Samus' planet when she was young and killed both her parents. You could say Samus kinda holds a grudge against the guy for this.
In the games with Mother Brain, he works under her as they placed the brain on the lead for the Space Pirates while in the games without her Ridley is pretty much the leader of the pirates.

In case you don't know the Space Pirates, they are always set out to use the Metroids for their own interests. (and Samus stops them, which is kind-off the point of many of the games)

Ridley is Samus' biggest enemy and the only one that she knows well throughout all the games.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley
Read Personality and Traits, the metroid manga really went further with the character's personalization

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee

The space pirates wish to use the Metroids as weapons to take over the galaxy. Soooo ultimate destruction and power, similar to Ganondorf.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Are you guys seriously trying to make your case for Bandana Dee by attacking other characters in this thread? Take it somewhere else IMO

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
We need Gooey instead of (Bandana) Waddle Dee. Gooey is more interesting.
I like Bandana Waddle Dee, but Gooey is just cooler.

Top Bottom