• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
How come on Step 6 of the Stage Textures guide it says it must end with .pcs and then there is the list below it saying it has to end with .pac?
I don't get what to do.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Lmao not surprised though
I wonder if anyone has an updated stage list collection, sadly I do not play brawl anymore as I tripped over my GC controller wire and my wii fell over and broke, but it would be interesting to see if my stage database is still the biggest. Cheers to everyone!
ROFL, dude that's horrible. It's ok my Wii broke too.

HOW DO I EDIT STAGE TEXTURES PLEASE HELP ME

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
Hi. One question! Where did i get the Final Destination with rain?

EDIT: Sorry, i didnt notice about the Texture request thread :(.

Matteron

Smash Ace
If you are freezing when you are entering the SSS, then that means you are using to make stage portraits, so in order to cut it down just make a transparent square(176x176) and replace stage portraits of stages that you don't normally use.
Also, I couldn't think of another thread to post this in because technically this is a texture hack thing-a-majig ^.^

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
First, I did read ALL of the first post. If I missed it, I'm an idiot & I'm sorry.

Now, for stage hacks, you can simply replace the stage like a simple texture hack; doing the whole private/app/etc thing.

But for character TEXTURE hacks, where its for say, Issac, do you replace them just like you would a character's costume?

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
^ Epic

If I'm using brawlbox to texture hack, what kind of fuile do I export the regular textures as? When I export them as all (the standar setting) gimp can't read it. Should I export as a png, which gimp can read?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^ Epic

If I'm using brawlbox to texture hack, what kind of fuile do I export the regular textures as? When I export them as all (the standar setting) gimp can't read it. Should I export as a png, which gimp can read?
.png is the way to go.
For textures that are in IA4, IA8, RGB5A3, and RGBA8 format, you should export those texture parts as TarGA (.tga) images, and edit them through Photoshop CS3 or CS4.

And of course, don't be forgetting the CI4 and CI8 textures that use IA8 and/or RGB5A3 palettes, since they're also involved with this dilemma.

Those texture formats support multiple transparent colors, which can't be recognized with The GIMP. Likewise, the PNG image format can't show the transparent colors either.

For all the other texture formats (I4, I8, RGB565, CMPR), you can export them as PNG images. CMPR only accepts "1" transparent color, which makes things easier for dealing with transparency.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
.png is the way to go.
For textures that are in IA4, IA8, RGB5A3, and RGBA8 format, you should export those texture parts as TarGA (.tga) images, and edit them through Photoshop CS3 or CS4.

And of course, don't be forgetting the CI4 and CI8 textures that use IA8 and/or RGB5A3 palettes, since they're also involved with this dilemma.

Those texture formats support multiple transparent colors, which can't be recognized with The GIMP. Likewise, the PNG image format can't show the transparent colors either.

For all the other texture formats (I4, I8, RGB565, CMPR), you can export them as PNG images. CMPR only accepts "1" transparent color, which makes things easier for dealing with transparency.
Thank for the help. I figured out how to texture hack now with BrawlBox now, and made a Lickilicky texture

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I mades sum textures =D I guess we arent aloud posting in the brawlbox thread?

Assassins creed fan

Yellow Mario

Big Daddy:

Ratchet:

Cheshire Jigglypuff:

Purple Wolf Ranger:

Idk how to put that brawl vault siggy on (if someone could explain it that would be cool)
but all these are available on brawl vault =D

Matteron

Smash Ace
I saw those on brawl vault, also to get the siggy, look up to where it says advanced search next to it should be ocarina codes and siggy, there you go...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm not really that sure if anyone cares, but my computer's gotten back up and running for about a week or two now so I can finally get around to putting that one last finishing touch on my Tina texture. I'll post results once I figure out how to rip and convert the texture file I need from The Sims 3.

Edible Touhou Characters Walfas Style
Contains 29 different deliciously cute Touhou Characters ranging from Adorable Alice to Yummy Yuyuko.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rzgktgmm1rf

How to put the item texture into the common3.pac:
http://nintendobros.com/2009/10/27/brawlbox-and-smash-items-the-guide/
Hehehe, how cute! It replaces food, right?

lookitslink

Smash Rookie
LookItsLink's Vertex Hacks

It's been a while since I posted my stuff here. Did a lot of vertexing. Maybe some of you guys have seen it in the Vault already, but for those of you that haven't, here:

Cat Ears (multiple hair lengths) :zelda:

I love how they came out. Multiple hair lengths depending on your taste.
They're also Enhanced and Jewel-less.
And that last screenshot is the best evar.

Enhanced Sheik :shiek:

I had this done since I released Successor Sheena, but now I'm releasing as just model to make it more obvious that it's available.
I shrunk the breasts of Jack's EE Sheik to make this, so thanks to him for the original.

Fairy Companion Pack :link2:

If you can figure out what I made into a fairy, you get a cookie.

Ponytail Pack :peach:

Peach with a Ponytail. If you saw Helmetless Samus on the blog, you should already know I made this. :p
Includes: No Crown model, No Crown/Accessories model, and unchanged model (just ponytail obviously).

Human Ears, Enhanced Breasts, Jewelless :zelda:

Enhanced Breast Pack, Ponytail, Human Ears, Jewelless :zelda:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcytKStQdKY
Comes with Enhanced:

XL:

and XXL sizes:

Long Hair Enhanced Zelda :zelda:
There are three versions.
Both Long Hair and Ponytail:

Long Actual Hair only:

Long Ponytail only:

The download includes all three.
The screenshots were taken in Corneria to test how wind affected it's motion.

Short Hair Enhanced Zelda :zelda:
There are three versions.
Both Short Hair and Ponytail:

Short Actual Hair only:

Short Ponytail only:

The download includes all three.
The screenshots were taken in Corneria to test how wind affected it's motion.
That's a total of 6 different hair styles for Zelda now, woot.

Enhanced Breasts + Jewelless :zelda:

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Ponytail Pack :peach:

Peach with a Ponytail. If you saw Helmetless Samus on the blog, you should already know I made this. :p
Includes: No Crown model, No Crown/Accessories model, and unchanged model (just ponytail obviously).
Oh! that one's cool. I didn't think it would actually be possible. It's funny, because I was just thinking about how my character (who's being done over Peach) is supposed to have two big pigtails, but I don't think that could be done very well with a vertex hack.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Oh! that one's cool. I didn't think it would actually be possible. It's funny, because I was just thinking about how my character (who's being done over Peach) is supposed to have two big pigtails, but I don't think that could be done very well with a vertex hack.
Would I be close with a leek?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Nah, but I do have that texture in my game too.

EDIT:

This was so worth staying up late to get the skirt texture out of The Sims 3 and onto the model even as poorly as this. It need a lot of work still, but I'm very, very happy that I've made it this far.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Taking charge of the thread.

I'll be in charge of the thread from now on. BS, care to hook me up?

And after than happens, go ahead and address updates to the list to myself.

Thanks,

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey all. I have a question in mind. See, I can get textures to work and I know my way around it since it's easy enough to understand. But recently I noticed that whenever I update brawl+ (like my current version in 7.0.2 gold edition), my textures seem a bit off. For example, I downloaded the pre-made package in the plussery website. I erased my current textures to see what they had to offer. I know .PAC files can also contribute to moves as well as design but...I don't see any costumes for anyone. Why is that? I mean, I can see it after the match is over. Every character has a different portrait of what the pac data was. Somehow, all the costumes are normal though. Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The moveset PAC filename has no numbers in it, while the texture PAC and texture PCS files (they're the same but the latter is compressed) are numbered. I don't really understand what your problem is though. Are you saying the textures don't load?

Also, I think that just about does it for my Tina texture.

For anyone interested, I'm going to release this on BrawlVault as soon as I check if Lensho is okay with me posting this model.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
The moveset PAC filename has no numbers in it, while the texture PAC and texture PCS files (they're the same but the latter is compressed) are numbered. I don't really understand what your problem is though. Are you saying the textures don't load?

For anyone interested, I'm going to release this on BrawlVault as soon as I check if Lensho is okay with me posting this model.

LenSho's on our team. Just ask his permission, and you should have it granted. If not, come talk to me, I'll talk to him then.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice

I figured it out. I just needed character portraits was all. Thanks though. Also, what are the other portraits called? The ones after battle in the result screens. I was sure they had a similar yet different name for those.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Hey, remember that Falcon-themed edit to WarioWare by Wander (found waaay down in this post)? I made some minor edits to it for the people that don't use codes to freeze WW (the original version didn't do anything to the pig face when a minigame is won or lost, I replaced that). You can grab it here.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Hey, I don't mean to be annoying or anything, but I'd love to hear opinions, questions and criticism on the texture hack I just posted.

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Tell me what you think.

Vincent Valentine
Download Here

Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy. Shout out to ShadowSnake for the vertex edited hair and Seph for the original texture. I vertex edited the scarf to go over the face and changed up some textures to make it look more like Vincent, so yeah.

Kingdom Hearts Cloud
Download Here

So yeah, it's Kingdom Hearts Cloud and I know this has been done before but I didn't like any of those so I made my own. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
Also I know it's not 100% accurate so please do not say anything regarding that.

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Hello there Ev.. Ive a question that may be pretty easy to answer... For you guys anyway.. How is it that certain palletes/textures work but certain others dont? For example, For some reason I cant get Master Cheif, Scorpion or Tekkaman to work on Captain Falcon but yet the Wolverine pallete works just fine. :/ . Yes, they are in the right folder and yes they are named correctly but for some reason, some files just dont work... Suggestions, Answers? Please?
Thanks.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
My wii always freezes whenever a custom texture is loaded during classic mode and SSE. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Top Bottom