• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
yeah i would not take any chances. my friend said it will be level 3 in austin, that means it has the power to blow off signs, good enough to deter safe driving. plus there is the flooding.

yea we can smash another weekend no problem, this weekend is not looking good.

edit: leprechuan of course you will be a part of it. you were one of the missing people from austin smashers.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Yeah, after hearing about Hurricane Rita, I'm not taking any chances. We were planning on heading out this weekend, but it seems that Hurricane Rita will delay us from going anywhere this weekend. So I'm not going to put anyone in any kind of danger, we're staying this weekend. Looks as if the crew battle is going to have to wait.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
change of plans...yet again

we are going to SA tomorrow morning...we actually found a hotel so things aren't looking so grim as i thought...

AMERICA.....**** YAH!!!!

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
Houstonian's....

Taken from SRK

Vinnyman said:
yah, you guys in Houston, seriously, need to gtfo.....for a Hurricane to go from a cat 2 to a cat 4 in less than 18 hours...means, something has got to give..i mean, look what happened with Allison back in '01, the flooding was horrible, and that was a mere tropical storm that cost us 5 billion dollars...in all honesty, if you stick around, you're just flat out stupid...i understand that now is NOT a good time to lose it, but **** man, this is a cat 4 hurricane (when it hits landfall)...you cannot joke around with something of this magnitude...get it together......pack up your ****, get your family, and leave...period...

i'm leaving to SA tomorrow morning....i'm better off taking my chances there...my house is located downtown so flooding won't be as bad as everywhere else, but debree is going to own us pretty hard...and on top of that, my house is an antique house...high ceilings and long windows, and as sad as this may sound, i won't be surprised to come home to see nothing but rubble where my home once dwelled....to make matters worse, my dad is sick and is need of medical attention, he was scheduled to have surgery today, but instead, the hospital discharged him......i certainly hope they are ready for a ****ing lawsuit...i've spent most of my day trying to keep it together...for my family's sake...

at this point, things look grim for Houston.....but granted, it won't be as bad as NO simple because we are not below sea level....flooding will definately be an issue of course....but in random area's.....

good luck to all my Houstonians....live another day to play Marvel.... :tup: :karate:

May GOD help us all....
this will probably be my last post for the night.....

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've been watching the news all day. Hurricane Rita WILL NOT HIT AUSTIN. It has shifted slightly to the east and will miss Austin by over 100 miles. We probably won't even get rain. You guys should still come.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
Hylian said:
I've been watching the news all day. Hurricane Rita WILL NOT HIT AUSTIN. It has shifted slightly to the east and will miss Austin by over 100 miles. We probably won't even get rain. You guys should still come.
not entirely true as of the last report...apparently, it started shifting back NW yet again, coming straight for Houston...but we are not too certain, but like i said, the last report, toward the end of the recorded track, it started shifting back NW....

even if the Hurricane does not be hit Austin, leave it be, you don't wanna get mixed up with the congestion on the highways..trust me...which brings me to the next issue

it seems like we are not going to SA...we have don't have enough time...gas stations are all dried up...there is just no way we are gonna make it....and at this point, it would be too risky to leave...given that the storm is expected to hit landfall tomorrow evening..and it would be too risky if we get caught up in the storm in the middle of traffic stranded in the middle of nowhere...honestly, the storm is rather unpredictable....if High pressure will grant us mercy, then we will get the wet side of the storm, but if not, then we're ****ed....i'm gonna ride this one out full force.....the only thing i can do now is get my family together, get supplies, stand my ground, and live...survival is the only thing on my mind right now..nothing else matters....

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Coming to Austin would not be a good idea, even if the storm misses us there is still the issue of driving back to SA.

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
Well whatever this weekend we're having a tourny so were planning to go next weekend. Sorry but the pwning austin will have to wait .........SOS, Fear, Mr C, Zeros, Majin ahhhhhhh
even though im better than majin and zero and sos and fear and Mr C those *******s can't have another shining fox ahhhhh we're will the shining foxes go WERE ahhhhhhh.....although they can use my peach????

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Pwning Austin hmm? Well, we shall see about that. I want MMs fooz!

So far I got:
$5 Majin: Link vs Me: BOSR
$5 Fear: G&W vs Me: Low Tiers
$5 Fear: Yoshi vs Me: Low Tiers (excluding DK lmao)

Anyone else? :grin:

Mr.C

Smash Master
Me, you $5 Marth vs anyone but Falco. PIMP!
And lol dont do Link vs Borzorz thats a waste of $5.

Side note: Coach has never beat me!!!! HAHA! he cant beat me , my mind games are to superior, but hes going to win the lotto and make a badass castle that says "smash" and wtf jf can even come and get some hoes and be like forizzle and smash all day and be like boobs and bety and me are sharring a room, cause hes sexy and like Coach can come too cause hes gangsta. But like bety shouldnt be allowed to wear clothes or we can kick his *** with like hot pockets.

O yeah Fork Girl is hot. :) both are <3 Texas. ggnore top 3 split cash fo rizzle. at church thing

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Mr C, unless Majin's Link is even close to as good as Leprechaun's, then he won't beat my Bowser. :) And why not Marth vs Falco? Falco is marth's easiest match up. But sure, I accept.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Its called SHL, Pillar's and Falco and Sheik are Marths hardest match's

And Yea bens Link is better then you think, Not just that but there is no way in hell a good Link could lose to a bowser.

I think you can beat Fear's GW, his Yoshi is a maybe. And Borzor vs Link .... Link should pwn.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Mr.C said:
Its called SHL, Pillar's and Falco and Sheik are Marths hardest match's

And Yea bens Link is better then you think, Not just that but there is no way in hell a good Link could lose to a bowser.

I think you can beat Fear's GW, his Yoshi is a maybe. And Borzor vs Link .... Link should pwn.
Marth can deal with SHl and Pillar easy.

I'll keep what you said in mind after I beat Ben's Link lol. :p

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
back from the dead...never made it to SA for the obvious reasons....but nevertheless, it didn't matter in the end....

man, Sun night, i got soo ****ing plastered.....i don't remember how i got home, and i hurled a few times the next morning going to work.....never again...well, maybe.... :laugh:

maybe next time guys....i may make a random trip to SA sometime in the future....

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
JF, you might as well give me the $5.00 because I know you're wasting it using Bowser against my Link.

O yeah Fork Girl is hot. both are <3 Texas.
BTW, we're most likely brining bluezaft, forkgirl, and her sister with us so we might be brining a few extra people so prepare a few extra cubes and TVs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can't wait to you guys come up

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
Dude bens link is easy to beat but with peach
his samus with Dr. mario
fox ----my superior fox
his marth my shiek
Ben you aint got nothing on me *****
And yeah i am goin to win the lotto and host a million dollar smash tourny you'll see im the ****in coach i created the lotto

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Heh, if you're that confident majin, would you be willing to do $5 2/3 me using any/all the low tiers I want? I'll still do the $5 only Bowser match, but if I'm "wasting" that $5, then I should get a chance to win it back hmm? :roll:

Hey Coach, you wanna do some sort fo MM?

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
umm i don't know ive never played you before
call me a chicken but im a chicken who won't loose money and don't try to hustle me i invented that ****...........then again since im going to win the lotto and build a smash castel then ill million dollar money match whatever......
beside you belive in god he's on your side(that is a pre-John)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
LOL. If you say so. I'll money match you again sometime too if you'd like. :) Wes shouldn't be the only one who gets moneys.

tsetse

Smash Lord
I can beat JF and majin, thats right I went there so let the flaming begin against me I like attention too.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I say if you think you can beat me, put money on it. Unless you're caveman or SOS or somethin. :p

Besides, I <3 everyone so no need for bad blood. :)

tsetse

Smash Lord
JesusFreak said:
I say if you think you can beat me, put money on it. Unless you're caveman or SOS or somethin. :p

Besides, I <3 everyone so no need for bad blood. :)
Alright matt my cfalcon, peach, sheik, yl or marth against any of yours, 2 $ a set of 2/3 plus the other match we already have set up.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
:dizzy:
tsetse said:
Alright matt my cfalcon, peach, sheik, yl or marth against any of yours, 2 $ a set of 2/3 plus the other match we already have set up.

aww picking on matt huh , why don't u play me or something ......................................................against my capt, peach , sheik , yl , marth , IC , fox , doc/mario , and maybe falco , or yoshi ,and DK it will be fun ....come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom