• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris Tourney (Tournament over! Congratz to kirbyraeg for winning!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuris

Smash Lord
yay i took 1 game :D

i wouldve played better but i was trying a new setup and im not used to the tetrisfriends mechanics and i think their servers were lagging and im not at my normal computer and my internet is choppy and my girlfriend kept bothering me and i didnt get lunch today and my E key doesnt work and the light in the room is a little dim and...

ggs kirby :p

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
kirby, when would be a good day and time for us to play?
we could play now if you'd like

sorry to just leave like that nuris, browser crash

i really need to see why chrome and youtube don't play nicely together like they used to

edit: 4WIDE DOES WORK, I JUST CAN'T DO IT

Nuris

Smash Lord
sorry to just leave like that nuris, browser crash
it crashed for me, too, so don't be sorry. tetrisfriends is an awful website and never works good.
pro tip
never be on a different tab when a game starts. it will lag to ****.
and never have a youtube video starting while a game is in progress. similar lag will occur.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You wanna try and play games? You're the one who signed up for the tournament. You're the one who is supposed to read and follow the rules. You're the one who is expected to put some effort into meeting up with your opponents. You're the one who has a responsibility to play their matches. You're the one who completely disregarded other players' many attempts to contact you for the match. I may have misinterpreted when you said "GG's to everyone", as you then responded to, but then suddenly that means you can go out of your way to call others pricks and etc.? Sounds classy. Especially when my interpretation is not wrong when you make posts like.

grats f8al!
After failing to complete the set with him. Yeah, I'm oh-so evidently wrong.

T-block

B2B TST
holy **** calm down dude

he did put in effort to schedule the match against kirby, and when he couldn't find time to do so against f8al, he resigned and took the loss like he should have, apologized and congratulated his opponent anyways. nothing wrong with that. life gets in the way sometimes. this is just a small tetris tournament on swf. relax -_-

Nuris

Smash Lord
i think kirby is going to 4-0 f8al but tblock vs kirby should be close and exciting
dibs on a spectator spot

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
beat f8al 4-0

T-block let's schedule the finals for sometime after christmas? My schedule before christmas is unpredictable...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
can someone tell me what "4 wide" means?
i think i will enjoy this league thing that might happen.

p.s. (lol @ liking snsd being an insult)

T-block

B2B TST
it's a style that involves stacking to leave a well four blocks wide (either in the middle or on the side) with three cells filled, and then making each piece dropped clear a line so that you end up with a combo ideally around 15 or 16, which sends a ridiculous amount of lines

the idea can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYAE7ZSXTME

you can just search around to see how it's setup in an actual game

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
can someone tell me what "4 wide" means?
i think i will enjoy this league thing that might happen.

p.s. (lol @ liking snsd being an insult)
Yes, the league will be opened once this tournament is finished (you can preview the rules, etc. in the thread, also located in this subforum).

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
it's not that the deadline is unfair, i'm just commenting on the futility of bothering to give a deadline when the two of us are not only capable of setting up our match, but that this match is the lifeblood of the tourament.

Codi

Smash Ace
wish i joined this...I'm willing to take any challenges on FB tetris I'm level 52 i don't use bombs but if you want to play with them on I won't complain

Nuris

Smash Lord
that 4 wide stack was a little sloppy but props to you for FINALLY pulling one off :p

oh and please play the finals in E+

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
of course it'll be in E+

and i ain't never scurred

let's talk time now. how about sometime on the 30th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom