• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris Tourney (Tournament over! Congratz to kirbyraeg for winning!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Welcome to the first ever "Light House Tetris Arena Tournament!"

Tetris Arena Tourney
F8AL TM

<Insert segment on beautiful, luxurious, sexy postbit prizes here>
(More to come as that develops, everyone.)

Anyways, this is a challenge. More than a challenge, really. A series of battles of destiny, to see which one of you Light House members is truly the master of Tetris. No, it might not be Kirbyraeg. There's no guarantees, obviously. That's why you should join in on the fun and rage-inducing fury that's bound to be served with some Tetris.

Activity
- You are expected to keep up-to-date about who your opponents are and when deadlines close. Unless you have some variable excuse and can work it out with your opponent, incomplete matches result in elimination. No questions asked.
- Each round lasts approximately five days or 120 hours. Plan accordingly.
- Be sure to add your opponent(s) on TetrisFriends well before your scheduled matches.
- In the event neither of you were able to work with each other to setup a time to play, I will disqualify whichever person that seemed to put less effort into actually setting up the matches. Don't even bother complaining because if you can't setup times for two / three quick matches of Tetris, that's pretty sad.

Matches
- Entrants will be randomly grouped into fours. Each pool will have a round robin (where everyone plays each other once). Use the same best-of-seven / no items guidelines as if it were a regular round. First seed of each pool will play fourth seed, and second seed will play third seed.
- If one person per pool could post the full standings after the round robin is complete that would be much appreciated.
- This tournament is double elimination.
- Matches are played on TetrisFriends using the Arena game mode.
- Make the rooms private, so nobody random comes in and interrupts your match in any means.
- Turn any map setups and items off. This is 100% pure Tetris.
- Matches are played best four out of seven. The exception to this are the semifinals and finals, which are played best seven out of nine.
- Upon completion, both participants need to post the score (Ex: Player B won 4-3, I defeated Player E 5-0, etc.). If there's a dispute (seriously?), the matches will be replayed with a neutral spectator.

Registration
Signup in the following format.

Format said:
TetrisFriends Username:
Time Zone:
That wasn't so hard, was it?

Participants
[collapse=(16)]Smashboards: Terywj
TetrisFriends: Terywj
Time Zone: EST

Smashboards: F8AL
TetrisFriends: F8AL

Smashboards: Choknater
TetrisFriends: chokchok
Time Zone: PST

Smashboards: John2k4
TetrisFriends: John2k4
Time Zone: MST

Smashboards: YarsRevengerson
TetrisFriends: Yarsrevengerson

Smashboards: T-Block
TetrisFriends: tblock007
Time Zone: MST

Smashboards: Kantrip
TetrisFriends: Kantrip

Smashboards: Kirbyraeg
TetrisFriends: Kirbyraeg

Smashboards: Fayte Isaac
TetrisFriends: FayteZephyr

Smashboards: The Paprika Killer
TetrisFriends: tPK
Time Zone: CET

Smashboards: Ulises3000
TetrisFriends: ulises3000
Time Zone: CST

Smashboards: Werekill
TetrisFriends: Werekill

Smashboards: Psychoace
TetrisFriends: Psychoace

Smashboards: A Pimp Named Slickback
TetrisFriends: Okay Go

Smashboards: LumpyCPU...
TetrisFriends: sleeperZZZ

Smashboards: Nuris
TetrisFriends: RaptorPants
Time Zone: EST[/collapse]

Preliminaries
[collapse=Groups][collapse=Group A]F8AL
John2k4
T-Block
A Pimp Named Slickback[/collapse]
[collapse=Group B]Terywj
The Paprika Killer
Giraffelasergun (Replaced Werekill)
LumpyCPU...[/collapse]
[collapse=Group C]Kirbyraeg
Nuris
Fayte Isaac
Ulises3000[/collapse]
[collapse=Group D]Choknater
YarsRevengerson
Kantrip
Psychoace[/collapse][/collapse]

Results (Prelims)
[collapse=Scores/Seeding][collapse=Group A]First Seed: T-Block [12-0]
Second Seed: A Pimp Named Slickback [8-6]
Third Seed: F8AL [6-10]
Fourth Seed: John2k4 [2-12]
Overall: [28-28][/collapse]
[collapse=Group B]First Seed: Terywj [12-1]
Second Seed: LumpyCPU... [9-4]
Third Seed: Giraffelasergun [4-8]
Fourth Seed: The Paprika Killer [0-12]
Overall: [25-25][/collapse]
[collapse=Group C]First Seed: Kirbyraeg [12-0]
Second Seed: Nuris [8-5]
Third Seed: Radium88 [5-8]
Fourth Seed: Ulises3000 [0-12][/collapse]
[collapse=Group D]First Seed: Choknater [12-0]
Second Seed: YarsRevengerson [8-5]
Third Seed: Psychoace [4-8]
Fourth Seed: Kantrip [1-12]
Overall: [25-25][/collapse][/collapse]
Brackets
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=413404

So what're you waiting for?! Signup and start training today!​

John2k4

The End of an Era
TetrisFriends Username: john2k4
Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time [MST]

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
by f8al's previous request, i will not enter.

however, i will play t-block in a pride match after the finals of the tournament.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the way i see it, this tournament is more for the other people than it is for us

we can unofficially play and have the same bragging rights reward. and we have to do first to 15, the harddrop style.

just in order to have a more interesting competition. ^^

Kantrip

Kantplay
I heard Tery, tournament, and postbits in the same sentence!

/in

What gen is it? Are we using smogon ruleset?

T-block

B2B TST
the way i see it, this tournament is more for the other people than it is for us

we can unofficially play and have the same bragging rights reward. and we have to do first to 15, the harddrop style.

just in order to have a more interesting competition. ^^
you're denying the more skilled players the chance to face us in tournament environment then =( what if tery trained super hard with the hope of beating one of us? it's like saying "nah there's no way you'll be good enough to give us a challenge, so we just won't play", and that's not very sportsmanlike ;)

besides, if we follow through on doing pools, there'll be plenty of matches to be played, even for the players who aren't as strong.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
you're denying the more skilled players the chance to face us in tournament environment then =( what if tery trained super hard with the hope of beating one of us? it's like saying "nah there's no way you'll be good enough to give us a challenge, so we just won't play", and that's not very sportsmanlike ;)

besides, if we follow through on doing pools, there'll be plenty of matches to be played, even for the players who aren't as strong.
you're right, i just didn't want to discourage newer players since it's planned to be a single-elim tournament. with a pools format, or even double elim, there's nothing to worry about as far as us knocking out players unfairly, so if tery makes it one of those formats i'll enter.

edit: contingent entry.
kirbyraeg
kirbyraeg
pst

edit2: i'm still totally down for a more hardcore pride match though. Bo29 is where it's at.

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
even though i havent played Tetris in a long time... wat the heck im in XD
TetrisFriends Username: FayteZephyr
Time Zone: Pacific

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
As long as I don't face Tery, chok, kirby or T-Block early on in this tournament, I should be able to breeze through relatively easy.

T-block

B2B TST
double elim seems pretty popular *hint hint* =)

you're right, i just didn't want to discourage newer players since it's planned to be a single-elim tournament. with a pools format, or even double elim, there's nothing to worry about as far as us knocking out players unfairly, so if tery makes it one of those formats i'll enter.

edit: contingent entry.
kirbyraeg
kirbyraeg
pst

edit2: i'm still totally down for a more hardcore pride match though. Bo29 is where it's at.
bo29? yeah i'm down

i'll record it too =)

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
TetrisFriends Username: ulises3000
Time Zone: CST – Central Standard Time

As long as I don't face Tery, Chok, Kirby, T-Block, or F8AL in the first round I might be good. I've got this :cool:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Probably after 16 entries. Speaking of which, 4 slots left!

Also, here's how preliminaries will work.

- Entrants will be randomly grouped into fours. Each pool will have a round robin (where everyone plays each other once). Use the same best-of-seven / no items guidelines as if it were a regular round. First seed of each pool will play fourth seed, and second seed will play third seed.
- If one person per pool could post the full standings after the round robin is complete that would be much appreciated.

Lemme know if I need to change anything, T-Block.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm tempted to enter, but I don't think I will. I'm pretty bad now. Much worse than I used to be, and it's depressing.

But hey, I'll put money on kirbyraeg winning this tournament (seriously though) :)

T-block

B2B TST
I don't think he'd mind making an account if asked. I was just going to communicate for him though... all we need is to exchange MSN/AIM/FB info or something, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom