• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetra/Zelda for Brawl

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
But Wind Waker is a great part of the Zelda history. Based on the same style they have the next games:

Wind Waker(GC)
Four Swords(GBA)
Four Swords Adventure(GC)
Legend of Zelda: Tetra's Trackers (GC. Surprise, surprise. Tetra appears in another game)
Minish Cap(GBA)
Phantom Hourglass(DS, to be released)

I'm not saying to take Sheik, because TP Zelda will probably transform into Sheik for Brawl, even if Sheik doesn't appear in Twilight Princess. But also, WW style WILL have a special appearance in SSBB. Hero of Winds Link its the most possible of all, because he was already suggested in Sakurai's Poll. And Tetra was suggested too. So I think we will have: TP Link, TP Zelda/Sheik, WW Link and WW Tetra (Probably will be TP Ganon or Oot Ganondorf, but I'm still have my doubts about this).

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Tomasiarity said:
But Wind Waker is a great part of the Zelda history. Based on the same style they have the next games:

Wind Waker(GC)
Four Swords(GBA)
Four Swords Adventure(GC)
Legend of Zelda: Tetra's Trackers (GC. Surprise, surprise. Tetra appears in another game)
Minish Cap(GBA)
Phantom Hourglass(DS, to be released)

I'm not saying to take Sheik, because TP Zelda will probably transform into Sheik for Brawl, even if Sheik doesn't appear in Twilight Princess. But also, WW style WILL have a special appearance in SSBB. Hero of Winds Link its the most possible of all, because he was already suggested in Sakurai's Poll. And Tetra was suggested too. So I think we will have: TP Link, TP Zelda/Sheik, WW Link and WW Tetra (Probably will be TP Ganon or Oot Ganondorf, but I'm still have my doubts about this).
Now that's going just a bit far. You could say that you strongly believe that SSBB will have cel-shaded characters in it, but going so far as to say that there WILL be cel-shaded characters...that's just crossing the line. You have absolutely no way of knowing whether there will be cel-shaded chars in Brawl. Now, granted, there are WW chars on Sakurai's poll, but how do we know that they will be cel-shaded? Now, mind you, I'm no expert on skins (I just do the programming), but from previous experience, I believe that it would be rather difficult to put a cel-shaded char in a game with "advanced graphics" like Brawl. The purpose of cel-shading is to create a "smooth" feeling in the game's graphics instead of the choppiness of, say, G&W. In the quick, action-based game that is Brawl, though, that smooth movement wouldn't fit in. There might be WW chars in Brawl, but I seriously doubt that they'll be cel-shaded.

Biggles

Smash Rookie
I honestly think that this would be way cooler (and more balanced) than Zelda/Sheik. Zelda could be for ranged combat and doing damage whereas Tetra could be used more for agile movement and close combat. As opposed to a "LOL SCREWZ ELDA I THINK SHEIKISBEST WATCHYOU DIE" level of balance between forms.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Goldenmuffin said:
Now that's going just a bit far. You could say that you strongly believe that SSBB will have cel-shaded characters in it, but going so far as to say that there WILL be cel-shaded characters...that's just crossing the line. You have absolutely no way of knowing whether there will be cel-shaded chars in Brawl. Now, granted, there are WW chars on Sakurai's poll, but how do we know that they will be cel-shaded? Now, mind you, I'm no expert on skins (I just do the programming), but from previous experience, I believe that it would be rather difficult to put a cel-shaded char in a game with "advanced graphics" like Brawl. The purpose of cel-shading is to create a "smooth" feeling in the game's graphics instead of the choppiness of, say, G&W. In the quick, action-based game that is Brawl, though, that smooth movement wouldn't fit in. There might be WW chars in Brawl, but I seriously doubt that they'll be cel-shaded.
Sorry for the misundertanding, what I was trying to say is that WW characters will get in Brawl, cuz they deserve it. I know that the cel-shaded style would be hard to insert in the Brawl environment, so the most possible is that WW chars will get adapted for the game.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
some moves for tetra

B - She does a charge up spin move for her sword that sits at her side
B > She throws those nifty bombs from TWW as my Young Link moveset doesn't have Link using them

B ^ - I dunno
B V - transforms into Zelda

B - She throws a random item you can pick up Joy Pendant, Golden Feather, Skull Necklace, Knight's crest, Boko Baba Seed or Chu Chu Jelly (Red, Blue or Green)

B > - Light arrows Something again she doesn't do but Tetra even in a dress wouldn't rely on magic she would get her arse in there and kick some butt!

B^ - The same as Tetra's neutral B but it lifts and doesn't need to be charged and she uses the master sword I was inspired by the screenshot it's also stronger but slower

B V - turns into Tetra

I know it sucks badly but I thaught I would give it a try because it's fun if you can think of something good please make a suggestion

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Super Smash Master said:
Pirates suck. One peice proves that.
no one piece proved anime sucks pirates are cool because it says in some ninja book that the very first ninja was a crossdresser and that a ninja has never killed their target

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
no one piece proved anime sucks pirates are cool because it says in some ninja book that the very first ninja was a crossdresser and that a ninja has never killed their target
And who wrote this book? I know in "Secret Fighting Arts from Around the World" there was one ninja that could dislocate nearly any joint in his body so that any time he's tide up or caught in a joint lock he could easily slip out.

maiyr

Smash Rookie
ok U.S. one piece sucks, the original version doesnt.
as for a side note of WW, that is not link, ther wasa a satute of link (i believe) in the castle under the sea, but the kid you play as is not link, it is some kid dress up in green, because of a coming of age tradtion from the culture of his island.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
ok U.S. one piece sucks, the original version doesnt.
as for a side note of WW, that is not link, ther wasa a satute of link (i believe) in the castle under the sea, but the kid you play as is not link, it is some kid dress up in green, because of a coming of age tradtion from the culture of his island.
Actually, that IS Link. Throughout the course of the Legend of Zelda series, there have been multiple incarnations of the Hero of Time, Link. Miyamoto himself has confirmed that every lead character from the Zelda series is connected to every other lead character- they are all reincarnations of the original Hero of Time.

So, in recap, Wind Waker Link IS a reincarnation of the original Link and thereby actually Link; and you, sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

Smash Rookie
Tetra would be alright, but it's just another inclusion. I think they should just stick to what works. Zelda/Sheik.

Supposedly in Twilight Princess, Zelda art has been released showing her with a sword. Now, is it just me or doesn't anyone else think that a sword and magic wielding Zelda would be awesome. It would just bring her more range and versatility. Although the possibility of Zelda receiving a sword as a weaon in Brawl would take away the sheer contrast between Princess and Ninja, it would still be cool.

They've talkled about Zelda having a different role in Twilight Princess, why not apply the same for Brawl.

I mean, she would still have her magic. But she could also have magic charged sword attacks. Her attacks would remain slow. But having a sword would atleast give her more range.

I just hope they don't take away her lovely kick they gave her in Melee. It's so fun to K.O. people with that.

My play group just gets pissed off at me always playing either Link or Zelda and they always say that I should start playing higher tier characters.

One, I play for fun. If that means getting ridiculously good at a horrible character then so be it. Two, Zelda is the one who has her name on the Zelda series. Not Link. (Although Link is still my fave.) Three, I hate sellouts. They decide to go high tier just because they're proven. The game loses it's fun factor when everyone just goes High Tier.

All I'm saying is this, they should just basically improve Zelda as a playable character. So that my friends would shut up about me owning them with her lovely kick.

I LOVE THAT KICK. OW!

maiyr

Smash Rookie
hey neither naruto or one peice suck they are good animes it is the US versions that suck.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
hey neither naruto or one peice suck they are good animes it is the US versions that suck.
And the american version of Dragonball (Z), american version of Bleach, american version of Fullmetal Alchemist, and the american version of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, the american version of Gatch Bell. I REFUSE to call it "Zatch" Bell:mad:

Tetra would be okay, but would she replace Sheik?

Pirates > Ninjas
Bit vikings > everything else

VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

Smash Rookie
Definitely not.

Why? One simple reason. There's so many players out there who have become sellouts and just decided to master Sheik because she's utterly broken. If Nintendo takes that away from those cheap players. They won't be able to play a decent match of Smash.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Definitely not.

Why? One simple reason. There's so many players out there who have become sellouts and just decided to master Sheik because she's utterly broken. If Nintendo takes that away from those cheap players. They won't be able to play a decent match of Smash.
If all they can do is play as Sheik without trying to master a character like Nes sor game and watch, they deserve to have Sheik taken out. They deserve to know they have no real skill, especially if they never try to get any

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hello, everyone! I'm reviving a topic! Also, I brought a bullet-proof vest.
The reason for this is simply that I just returned from playing Wind Waker and it occurred to me that Tetra would actually make a nice character. Of course, not as a transformation. Wind Waker Zelda is boring, it would take too much time to make her another ( rather superfluous ) character, and it's not like she actually has the *ability* to switch between the two forms. She starts out as Tetra and ends up as Tetra again in the end.

The argument about cell-shading and cartoony styles doesn't make a lot of sense, either.
1. The original style of other characters has also neither been thrown away, nor completely taken up. A good example is Ness. The only original "artwork" there is of Ness is a model of clay.
He still looks cartoony, but nobody really notices, right? He's detailed enough to not clash with the other characters much.
Another example is Pikachu. He's obviously taken more from the anime than the games, but he's not cell-shaded or anything. He's 3d now and more detailed, he's still a cartoony anatomical impossibility, though.
2. Twilight Princess used some cell-shading, too. Didn't notice? Check out the wolfy. So shiny.

The only thing that would really clash badly with the overall style of the game is the really cartoony anatomy that prevails in Wind Waker.

So all you have to do... is give them actual LEGS.
I made a quick ( =bad ) sketch to illustrate what I imagine her like...

Now imagine her in colors kind of like SSBM Mario, and voila. No top-notch realism, no Wind Waker chibiness.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Impossible simply because of graphics. Cell shaded cannot just turn into Brawl graphics. They would have to get a makeover and then they wouldn't even be tetra/zelda anymore.

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
I haven't read the whole topic, so sorry if I 'm repeating too much.

I'd love to have Tetra/ Zelda from WW in Brawl, the best would be if Tetra was displayed in the slot and Zelda was the transformation (would make the TP- and WW- Zelda issue much easier).

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Originally Posted by Zelda_Fan_
Impossible simply because of graphics. Cell shaded cannot just turn into Brawl graphics. They would have to get a makeover and then they wouldn't even be tetra/zelda anymore.
yeah.. if I remember correctly, Marth is a 5 inch tall pixile sprite .. oh! so are Roy , Ness, Mr.G&W and the Ice Climbers too.

I haven't read the whole topic, so sorry if I 'm repeating too much.

I'd love to have Tetra/ Zelda from WW in Brawl, the best would be if Tetra was displayed in the slot and Zelda was the transformation (would make the TP- and WW- Zelda issue much easier).
actually this is the best solution !!

i really wish Tetra will be in!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Random nothing-else-to-do Tetra moveset! ( Yes, I refuse to make her Zelda/Tetra. )

Tetra is basically a mix between Sheik and Pichu. She's extremely agile, relatively small and can combo well, plus she has a few nice tricks. Unlike Sheik, she isn't a born killer, though, and has to rely on edgeguarding. She uses two shortswords like the one she has in the game ( but never uses ).
Weight: rather low
Fallspeed: above average
running speed: Pikachu-ish
jumping: very good

A: open palm, acts like Captain Falcon's A ( no knockback, sure to make the next hit connect )
A, A: open palm, slice. Bit of knockback.
>A: rising blade, like Sheik's f-tilt, but with somewhat more knockback
>Smash: attack with two phases, first an elbow-attack with barely any knockback, followed by a double-sword slice with rather okay knockback. Yeah, modelled after Sheik's, too.
^A: jumping kick, she jumps and kicks upwards for this, hitting twice ( Sheeeeeeik )
^Smash: jump and double-slice, you get the idea: Sheikish. I'll stop saying that now.
vA: leg-trip, she kicks at the opponents legs at a very low height, making them pop up; perfect setter-up
vSmash: she gets onto her hands and swings her body backwards first, then forward; rather low knockback, but defends her back quickly and knocks away at a low trajectory

Aerials:
N: jump-kick ( duh ), she stretches out her leg and kicks, spinning a little, acts like a short sex-kick
F: double-slice with a bit of start-up time, using the momentum of the flight for respectable knockback
B: elbow, low knockback, but knocks down a bit for edgeguarding
U: traditional flip-kick, Mario-ish
D: mimics Link's dair, but much shorter and weaker

B - Cannonbomb: A bomb looking remarkably much like Link's, she automatically throws these, they can't be held. They explode on contact and have pretty good knockback at low damages, but it doesn't rise a lot when damage rises. Edgeguarding tool. ( Tetra's turnips. )
>B - Grappling Hook. On the ground, it acts like a very long, somewhat faster and much weaker version of Kirby's hammer. In the air, she can use it to grab the ledge and thus allow her to recover.
^B - Cannonball: She takes out a huge ball of metal and lobs it up if she's standing on the ground, dealing BIG knockback to anyone on its way up, and meteoring anyone on the way down, with major damage. Of course, all that takes a looong time for such a little girl, so it's even less usable than Thunder, but much more effective. If in the air, she'll lob the ball straight down, doubling as an edgeguarding meteor and as a recovery as her tiny body's shot upwards by her own force. Any cannonball falling onto the ground cannot be used again and remains in the background until it fades away like an item after a certain amount of time. Even if the ball fell off the stage, she cannot possibly use it again during this time.
vB - Slipknot: Stealthy positions a small trap on the floor that makes the opponent trip if they touch it, setting them up for a possible combo or possibly saving her behind.

Throws:
Nothing special.

Supermegasexyawesomesmashthingy:
She talks into her shiny stone pendant made of Gossip Stone with a sly grin. Apparently, she called her pirate crew, as it's now raining bombs on her enemies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Can you say "oversaturated"? Believe me, I love Tetra. If I could have my way, every character from WW would be in Brawl.

But we already have a Link and (probably) a Zelda from TP. People want WW Link to replace Young Link...and well, I don't know. It just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, with a series like LoZ, there aren't a whole lot of usable characters. You have the hero, the damsel/heroine and the villain.
It all depends on how many characters will be seen in Brawl. If a bunch more are added and the representation of the important series increases, which is rather likely, one more Zelda character would be appropriate. If that happens, Tetra is definitely my choice for another Zelda one. And actually, the character count would remain the same as in Melee:
Link, Young Link,
Zelda, Sheik,
Ganondorf.

Brawl:
TP Link, WW Link,
TP Zelda, (WW Zelda) Tetra,
Ganondorf

At least this time there'd be a lot more DIFFERENT people!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Technically that's still one more moveset (which implies another character, despite the absence of an icon on the select screen), because Sheik doesn't count as a character in the most basic of terms.

But I'm convinced, Tertra for the win and all that.

Stryks

Smash Hero
It wont happen, tetra was like the sheik of WW, tetra is just a minor role to the series in general, obcourse zelda is, zelda will probably be in brawl, having her more recent look, that being TP, just like link had his TP look, and since zelda didnt transform into some other characters in the game, why would TP zelda transform into her alter ego, Tetra from WW, which takes place 100 years from TP? the same is with sheik, Zelda iwll probably have a new moveset, seeing how sheik is gone, and thats what made zelda powerful being able to transform at will, she will surely have the light arrows, using them in 2 games now, and have some moves from TP...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It wont happen, tetra was like the sheik of WW, tetra is just a minor role to the series in general...why would TP zelda transform into her alter ego, Tetra from WW, which takes place 100 years from TP?
Ahem.

1. Sheik's a minor character in the series in general. Overruled!
2. The idea is that there'd also be a WW Tetra who'd turn into WW Zelda. Overruled!
3. TP does not take place exactly 100 years before WW, but rather "hundreds of years" before. Overruled...er, sort of.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Keep the zelda/sheik, none of this tetra stuff
Sheik is 90% going to get cut. He was in one game. And old game. And he wasn't a main character, either. If anything Tetra would get in since Tetra is newer and was a pretty important character throughout the whole game of Wind Waker, didn't just come in halfway through and show up everyone once-in-a-while. So yeah, don't count on your precious sheik to use his uber steroids to **** everyone again in Brawl.

Lol, nice name, btw.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ahem.

1. Sheik's a minor character in the series in general. Overruled!
2. The idea is that there'd also be a WW Tetra who'd turn into WW Zelda. Overruled!
3. TP does not take place exactly 100 years before WW, but rather "hundreds of years" before. Overruled...er, sort of.

1.- Sheik was added in melee yes, but its because she was part of the latest zelda game b4 melee was made, and sheik had a kinda big role in OoT, probably is why she was added, yet in the series in general she is a minor character, and shouldnt return now that zelda will probably have her TP form...
2.- Still I dont want another zelda, I mean sure shed be diferent like WW link would be, but I just cant c it happenin
3.- More the more reason for her not to be in...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
1.- Sheik was added in melee yes, but its because she was part of the latest zelda game b4 melee was made, and sheik had a kinda big role in OoT, probably is why she was added, yet in the series in general she is a minor character, and shouldnt return now that zelda will probably have her TP form...
2.- Still I dont want another zelda, I mean sure shed be diferent like WW link would be, but I just cant c it happenin
1. Uh, yeah, Sheik is a goner.

2. I actually know what you mean. Two of the same character (Mario/Dr. Mario, Link/Young Link) always seemed wrong to me.

3. That's no reason at all; completely irrelevant.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Exactly, and I agree. In general Shiek is very minor only in about half of one game of a thirteen game series. With that said, Tetra/Zelda is even more minor currently, unless she plays a bigger role in Phantom Hourglass. Besides, WW Link would be far better for SBrawl than Tetra.

So ya, WW Link is more important, and he has a far better chance. As much as I like the Tetra/Zelda idea (great moveset by the way), I'm going to have to say this has little, if any chance. Shes' even less important than Shiek.

Fawriel

Smash Master
(Thanks. ) She's far from unimportant, though. I think in fact that she might be the most important Zelda to date in terms of protagonism, that is to say, she actually DID things to ADVANCE the story. Sheik sometimes popped up and gave you a song or so. In that sense, she's about as important as WW Tingle, who decrypted maps for you.
This Tetra/Zelda:
1. was the reason for the story to even start ( ship came to Outset, Helmaroc King confused girls, Aryll got kidnapped ),
2. further advanced the story ( brought Link to the Forsaken Fortress, and later the whole part with the bombs ),
3. Even faced Ganondorf and helped Link somehow ( I forgot what exactly she did ) somewhere in the middle...
4. turned out to be the damsel again ( funny how she starts out so cool and becomes all damselish as soon as she turns into Zelda =P ),
5. and helped in the boss battle.

And if I recall correctly, in the end, she becomes Tetra again and they're picked up by the pirates. She now knows that she's Zelda. And she has a ship. AND they're probably going to take care of the whole deluge business, probably without Ganondorf wanting to kidnap her again. So chances are she'll have quite the role in Phantom Hourglass. Heck, she might be PLAYABLE.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The only reason you could say Sheik's more important in the overall arc of the series is if you considered how much more exposure Ocarina (unjustly) received than Windwaker.

But that doesn't matter much in Smash Bros.

thrak

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry to burst a bubble but putting a cel shaded character in a non cel shaded game is difficult and would take too much work. sorry.
What about G&W?? Hes 2-dimensional, so whats wrong with cel-shaded characters.

...However, "zeltra" would be too clone-like

Fawriel

Smash Master
Besides, it's not like SLIGHTLY changing the way they look would completely destroy the point of their existence. I didn't hear of Ice Climbers or Fire Emblem fans lobbying for correct treatment of their pixely heroes.
There are incredibly many nuances in art. I know that, I'm an artist myself. Not a great one, but enough to have a certain educated outlook on these things.
Ness is based on a clay figure, he's extremely strangely shaped, but he somehow fits in.
Pichu is, upon closer inspection, scarily huge compared to Ganondorf, but hell, he fits in.
The Ice Climbers have a head/body ratio of about 1/2. That's super-deformed. But they seem to fit in, eh?

Point being, clashing artwork is not a matter to be considered when talking about the Wind Waker heroes.

Also: WB, Tetra thread! *pounces*

Top Bottom