• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetra/Zelda for Brawl

RWB

Smash Ace
I support Tetra being in Brawl, even if it is simply because she is my favorite Zelda character.

thrak

Smash Cadet
maybe but not as a zelda transformation. that would be 2 repetetetive, and how would u give the WW zelda a moveset if she doesnt do anything attack-ish in the game?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If Young Link is given WW appearance, than I think Tetra has a good chance. Tetra is already confirmed to return in Phantom Hourglass. So at least she's a reoccurring character, unlike 90% of the new Zelda characters suggested.

I don't think she'll change into Zelda though. I think that the only Zelda will be the TP one, and Tetra will be a completely different character.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If Young Link is given WW appearance, than I think Tetra has a good chance. Tetra is already confirmed to return in Phantom Hourglass. So at least she's a reoccurring character, unlike 90% of the new Zelda characters suggested.

I don't think she'll change into Zelda though. I think that the only Zelda will be the TP one, and Tetra will be a completely different character.
Heh, yay. We agree on something.
Just keep Zelda/Sheik
Tetra fails
Do explain how Zelda/Sheik ( which
probably
won't happen ) has anything to do with Tetra herself.
It's not like most of her supporters don't think she should be a stand-alone character.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
^^^^

Why have two different Zeldas with two different alias'?
Tetra was never popular as a character, I think if they're going to have a WW rep, change YL to WWLink.
meh

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
^^^^

Why have two different Zeldas with two different alias'?
Tetra was never popular as a character, I think if they're going to have a WW rep, change YL to WWLink.
meh
That's what I said. Tetra won't get in unless they change Young Link to WW Link. If they do, then Tetra has a chance. They're definately going to add new Zelda character(s), so I don't see why Tetra is so far fetched. I don't think that many people were expecting Sheik in Melee, and she still got in.

There wouldn't be two different Zeldas. They'd have Zelda with her TP appearance, and Tetra as a completely seperate character.

Since they're making a sequel to Wind Waker on DS, I believe that they will change Young Link's appearance to WW Link. I think he'll still be called Young Link, he'll just be updated to his WW look like Link was updated to his TP look. If they do that, it's not that hard to believe that they could add other characters from Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass.

Tetra is a pirate and she fights with a sabre, Zelda uses magic. So they'd be completely different, we wouldn't have two Zeldas.

I think Tetra has just as good of a chance as Midna, Tingle, Vaati, and Skull Kid.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I know I'm going to get flamed for doing this, but I'm using the same logic that I do with WWLink about why I don't think Tetra/Zelda would be good for Brawl.

Can anyone seriously take a rubbery-marshmallow character seriously?

Although, in retrospect, Tetra > Shiek.

RWB

Smash Ace
I think it's better to revive this thread than to start a new one, right?

Really, Tetra is far more deserving of a place in brawl than Sheik, but her chances aren't big.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I never thought about it, but I think Tetra would make a cool addition to Brawl. In fact, I think she may have a chance to get in, not before WW Link but still.

In my opinion, I would rather see her get in than Midna. But I'm not sure who would get in first between these two.:dizzy:
I hope she makes it somehow. And it would be cool if she did transform into zelda, and use her bow and arrow, and stuff.

Tetra for Brawl!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This would have been a cool idea. It would have gave Wind Waker representation without being redundant with WW Link.

It didn't happen, though. I'm stilling holding out hope that somehow WW Link, or any other form of Lnk (other then the one we have, duh.) won't make it to be playable.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
There fixed.
No, you screwed it up.

TP Zelda was barely present in the storyline. You see her what, 2 times before she disappears... and then you fight her as a boss, after which she ultimately helps you out to fight Ganondorf.

She's comparable to a barely helpful NPC.

That's a problem TP had, methinks... many characters that should have been more fleshed out became NPCs you barely cared for... Ilia for example.

Tetra did so much more in the Wind Waker and was WAY more fleshed out than TP Zelda, before she even became Princess Zelda!! And she took the "Light Arrow shooter" role first too. TP Zelda was just recycling.

WW Zelda > TP Zelda.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
There fixed.
Mh... Well I guess everybody has there opinion, I just hope the reason you're saying that is not because Zelda is realistic looking and Tetra is not...

Anyways, I'm with PrettyGoodYear, Tetra is far more interesting and better character than TP Zelda or even Oot Zelda.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
You just don't know what you're talking about... :ohwell:
Neither one has more credit than the other, in that case OoT Zelda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Zelda's ever! They all get kidnapped and pwned by Ganon.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Neither one has more credit than the other, in that case OoT Zelda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Zelda's ever! They all get kidnapped and pwned by Ganon.
OoT Zelda was a great Zelda.

Seriously, the Zelda in Twilight Princess is BARELY a major character. Just play through the darn game, she does like, what, 2 important things... she really doesn't contribute much to the plot.

Tetra did a whole of a lot more than TP Zelda.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
OoT Zelda was a great Zelda.

Seriously, the Zelda in Twilight Princess is BARELY a major character. Just play through the darn game, she does like, what, 2 important things... she really doesn't contribute much to the plot.

Tetra did a whole of a lot more than TP Zelda.
What getting kidnapped and not doing anything too? good one.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
i really like Tetra. sorry but i don't want too many young ...... then they'll have baby mario and cLuigi, oh the list

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Okay yeah a Tetra/Zelda transformation... ZELTRA. LOL Noooo..... >_> But Tetra sounds really cool :O! but really.. if you've played Windwaker.. when you first see Tetra as Zelda.. she turns around and is UGLY. transform plz! Hahaha..

Honestly though. Tetra would be really different.. I mean she could just steal some of WW Link's equips.. Like the Deku Leaf for ^B or something, or that grappling rope thing. I dunno. Couldn't she come out on a big boat @_@?

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Oh and to add to that list (^^^), helping you defeat Ganondorf on Wind Waker.

Plus she was never kidnapped really. She just stayed in Underwater Hyrule and waited there as Princess Zelda.

dark_link_master

Smash Rookie
Wht don't we just have a ww Zelda (Zeiltra, happy?) who has completely different comtrols and be able to change into Tetra? If that doesn't work, nothing will.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Wht don't we just have a ww Zelda (Zeiltra, happy?) who has completely different comtrols and be able to change into Tetra? If that doesn't work, nothing will.
It's impossible. Zelda doesn't gain any attacks in windwaker that could make her and original character. Besides, the Zelda we have now has the same attacks as she did in melee (atleast her side-b fireball is confirmed), so she can only have at minimum one new attack if she loses Sheik. Also that means that her ssbm moves cannot be given to the ww Zelda.

dark_link_master

Smash Rookie
Well... she does use link's light arrows, but I guess you're right. Oh pff. So does TP Zelda. Dang it. But, then again, in melee (and possibly the n 64 version, never played it) she uses the godesses magic- LINK used that, not Zelda. Soooooo... maybe the WW Zelda could use some of the WW Links weapons- but then, the WW link would have less origanality in brawl if he were in it. DOUBLE DANG IT!!!

courte

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to burst a bubble but putting a cel shaded character in a non cel shaded game is difficult and would take too much work. sorry.
this guy is god of all knowledge

personally i'd like to see it; and yes i'm from the school of absent minded dunderheads who ignore the "THAT SPOT COULD BE FOR SOMEONE BETTERZZ!!1!1"
i'd only like to see tetra however, and her having zelda as homage only

perhaps in an attack or as a taunt, intro, win pose

but 3 Zelda Girls for brawl would = Win
Triforce of Awesome - Sheik Zelda Tetra all seperate characters

I don't know if anyone's made this comment, but are you implying that Sony can put cel-shaded characters in a regular 3D game, but Nintendo cannot?

Implying that cel-shading and regular 3D cannot coexist in the same game is insanely absurd. That's like saying 3D backgrounds with 2D sprites is impossible.

Top Bottom