• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing Grounds

Metatitan

Smash Master
Well scatty told me to say something if i had a problem with the yoshi boards... so i am. Is it just me or is scatty like the only person who is actually testing stuff? Cmon pple try some stuff of ur own he cant do it by himself. Post possible things to test in this thread. Here are three examples i randomly thought of:

-Cg release to dair perhaps?
- Ground pound as a ledge hog to stop perhaps lucas or ness from recovering
- Finding more uses for DR or improving DR's range

Airborne

Smash Lord
well chaco, scatz, and i were having fun with the DR waveland from ledge a few days ago.... and i was experimenting if you could do that waveland to a yoshi bomb cancelled ledge grab, but yoshi wouldnt grab the ledge.... T_T

Metatitan

Smash Master
well chaco, scatz, and i were having fun with the DR waveland from ledge a few days ago.... and i was experimenting if you could do that waveland to a yoshi bomb cancelled ledge grab, but yoshi wouldnt grab the ledge.... T_T
get some footage up of it so that everyone can try it; the more pple that know how to do something the better chance something is discovered

Chaco

Never Logs In
Me and Airborne are making the DR apps vid. It'll be up sometime...once we start it, lol.

bigman40

Smash Master
If someone can test frame data can they do this for me?

Test out if Ftilt > Dtilt actually combos. Idk the exact percentage, but it seems like at low %s to Low-mid %s where it couls possibly combo.

Edit: Also, some people can test what can actually combo on opponents at various percents. I've already started it a while ago and have currently listed:

at about 15% - 25%
Nair can combo into Jab, Ftilt, Dtilt, Utilt, Fsmash, Dsmash, DownB

at about mid percents (don't remember the numbers)
Bair (first flick) can combo into Jab, Ftilt, Utilt, Dtilt (not sure), Dsmash, DownB

after they reach about 100% you can combo the normal stuff, but it'll useful to just Bair (first flick) to Fsmash. DownB can't combo cause it launches them too high to pick them up.

Note: when they begin the tumbling/spinning animation, they will be able to airdodge out of our combos. This makes our killing moves uncombo-able at about 110% - 120%+, so you do NOT need to test anything out after you see lvl 9 computers airdodge out of the first flick of Bair.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
listen up cause this could be useful for those bad at dr. there are two ways to dr one on the ground and when ur about to land on the ground. i knew this for a while but didnt notice not many ppl knew of thise. this is different from wavelanding. basically when ur in the air with ur double jump as soon as ur about to touch the ground do the second step of the dr which is double jump and a button at the same time.

grampz i think u can do those bair combos with the second or third strike at mid percents but ull only be able to get a f tilt off

Depster

Smash Champion
hm I've been testing the nair>dtilt some, I didn't think about some of those others, good to know

bigman40

Smash Master
listen up cause this could be useful for those bad at dr. there are two ways to dr one on the ground and when ur about to land on the ground. i knew this for a while but didnt notice not many ppl knew of thise. this is different from wavelanding. basically when ur in the air with ur double jump as soon as ur about to touch the ground do the second step of the dr which is double jump and a button at the same time.

grampz i think u can do those bair combos with the second or third strike at mid percents but ull only be able to get a f tilt off
No, I've gotten it to work at mid percents. You have to chase their DI as you're landing into the ground, which gets really risky.

bigman40

Smash Master
My fingers can't get it to work. I'm moving across the controller do be able to do it and I'm not able to move my hand fast enough for it.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
here are my answers to te following topic
Cg release to dair perhaps?: would only work best on Wario, anyone else would depend on their Up B, since thats the first thing they would do or even air dodge in wich we must anticipate their DI,
other than that it would be good i can test it out since im probably one of the few who use Dair as an approach.
- Ground pound as a ledge hog to stop perhaps lucas or ness from recovering: it is possible but risky has no one tried B-Sticking on the edge? you run off just before the edge jump, point your bottom + direciton of the edge and hit B, Yoshi will turn aorund and will drop but be careful if your timing is off between the edge and you Down B..it may back fire.
- Finding more uses for DR or improving DR's range:....no comment i cant even pull one off T_T....yet..

as for anything i can add well i know Egg roll is pretty useless for most of you to take seriously but im going to the Chula Vista tourney this week and well i will test out my Egg Roll delay see if that works nicely or if not find anything useful about it.
another thing i noticed cant rememebr if it was Bwett who runs of the edge and turns aorund with an egg throw and at the same times grabs on the edge, could we use that for edgehogging too?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh hey, I forgot to post this, and this seems like a good place for it.

Are any of you familiar with Kirby's infinite stone glitch (It essentially makes his stone land over and over again on certain parts of certain stages, making an infinite shockwave.)? Well, it seems Yoshi can do this with his DownB as well (though you have to keep pressing DownB to make it work, and since the stars do less damage, I don't think it's as useful, but who knows?). I haven't really tested it much since I've been trying to test a bunch of stuff for other characters, but I know this works on the right slanted edge of Pictochat, as well as on the right side of that block pyramid on the same stage.

So basically, does anyone feel like seeing where else this works?

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's not worth it, and quite frankly it can set you up for a long range kill. They hit you with projectile, and your hitting down B. It's gonna knock you off and make you SD.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
- Ground pound as a ledge hog to stop perhaps lucas or ness from recovering: it is possible but risky has no one tried B-Sticking on the edge? you run off just before the edge jump, point your bottom + direciton of the edge and hit B, Yoshi will turn aorund and will drop but be careful if your timing is off between the edge and you Down B..it may back fire.
You can grab the edge instantly by running off the stage, fast falling and double jumping.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah all right. Didn't know if it was useful or not, but I figured I may as well mention it. Hadn't thought of that though. Now I know not to do that.
Thanks!

Top Bottom