• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Velox

Smash Ace
just imagine I quoted for truth all of Ronnie's posts about brawl and Melee from a couple days ago

i feel asleep yesterday while thinking about brawl... it was weird...

Velox

Smash Ace
I am the only smasher who has graced Channel view with amazing smash talent ever. There was one guy who I played in a tournament down there recently who played Falco, but he wasn't good, but he could wavedash, l-cancel, etc. So to answer your question, no, there is nobody.

I live like 60 miles north west of Houston though in the wonderful world of Waller. I only visit Channel view when I want to get stabbed or something like that (I almost have, twice...) It was a dark night in Channel view (2am at a Whataburger) when 2 Ronnies almost stabbed and/or sold drugs to me and a friend of mine whom they mistakenly took to be Curt Cobain.

There are people north, south, and to a lesser extent, west of Houston (Jake's crew is central Houston to me), but east Houston is barren AFAIK.

Also, Spyda, you're probably used to all that amazing (I'm sure) smash talent over there on the West Coast, so you probably won't find anything fun down here in Houston.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
O.k Im not going to lie I didn't read most of this but your saying, I dont have friends and your not scared right? Awesome, if I do ever see you, I'm going to punch you dead in your mouth. This is houston son, so I'm assuming if I see you, you'll be here. Good Day you sad sad little man. It's a shame I'm going to have to knock your socks off Mr.Collegestation. Oh and try finding a girl friend thats from AMERICA WHWHWHWHWHWAAHAHWAHWWWAHWHWWHWWHWWW, you must have a half inch ***** or something. You had to look for a girl who played smash and barely smoke english = sad.
Alrighty kid, just let me know if you'll be at the tournament April 5th, and I'll whoop your ***. I think I'll break your fingers too so that I don't have to see you at a tournament anymore.

heytallman

CTALL
WOW, I check the site for the first time all weekend, and I see that this thread is in shambles. I see Jeremy's been banned once again, and he took Mr. 3000 with him. I only read the shorter posts from the past, like, four pages, but good lord! Jeremy did say some pretty funny stuff at some points though.

Furbs, add me, my friend code is right under the incredibly sexy picture of Lucas that is my avatar.

Also, now I'm going to forever think of Xyro as Darth Vader ROFL!

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
letting everyone know - im not playing brawl online anymore unless smash ball is activated. if you want competitive play then we can meet up somewhere, otherwise i want smash ball to substitute for the gayness that is LAG

if i dont see a mofo'in smash ball in the match im out.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I am the only smasher who has graced Channel view with amazing smash talent ever. There was one guy who I played in a tournament down there recently who played Falco, but he wasn't good, but he could wavedash, l-cancel, etc. So to answer your question, no, there is nobody.

I live like 60 miles north west of Houston though in the wonderful world of Waller. I only visit Channel view when I want to get stabbed or something like that (I almost have, twice...) It was a dark night in Channel view (2am at a Whataburger) when 2 Ronnies almost stabbed and/or sold drugs to me and a friend of mine whom they mistakenly took to be Curt Cobain.

There are people north, south, and to a lesser extent, west of Houston (Jake's crew is central Houston to me), but east Houston is barren AFAIK.

Also, Spyda, you're probably used to all that amazing (I'm sure) smash talent over there on the West Coast, so you probably won't find anything fun down here in Houston.
I just want to get some Brawl practice in... sigh T-T, Melee is dead to me now... since the best players back on the west coast, gimpy, haze, and mango all only focus on brawl now... So I need to get good! But yeah... This place is scary... I don't even look at people for the fear of getting shot! haha :p

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what is going on, but I like it.

3000 = gay

jeremy = funny

velox= awesome

tgm= still lame

Accurate enough?

oh and jake = nuisance ;)

Look at my posts.

Brawl is HORRIBLE. Melee > any fighting game

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if melee> any fighting game... Id take MvC2 or 3rd strike over melee any day...

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Im in school, Ill get atcha when I get out at 3:30 ~~~~~~~

And do I finally get to meet your parents tonight? I hope they like me. ;)

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Anyone want to play Wii online? I have good connection if you have a good connection aswell.. The lag will be very minimal..

Any takers?

D

deepredsnow

Um, i have some questions about the tournament
is it 1v1 or 2v2?

cus i live in houston, i wanna go but if its 2v2 i dont think il have a good partner
since all my friends suck

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Singles are for sure... 2v2 is a possibility.

Sorry about today Jake, I'm just too **** tired from what I did last night.

C

Cc CWEEZY cC

So whats up guys...finally joined he smash forums...and ronnie in case you wonderin who it be...ITS CO 2O DA DEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOON....jus had to say whats up and im playin smash again

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Just clearing this up......

This is not at someone's house, right? This is at some kinda shop or whatever called Play n' Trade, or whatever, right?

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Um, i have some questions about the tournament
is it 1v1 or 2v2?

cus i live in houston, i wanna go but if its 2v2 i dont think il have a good partner
since all my friends suck
I think it is 2v2. 1v1 and Possibly crew battles? I don't think there are crews here in houston but who knows.

Also i really don't know who the top team here in houston is so.. We shall see

If you need a partner.. I am not bad..

Also @ Ding

The tourney at Play N Trade is not at someone's house.. it is an actually venue that likes hosting game tourney such as brawl

And why does no one respond to my question?

Anyone want to play brawl online? I don't lag at all ... as long as you have a good connection Brawl online is fine..

My friend code is to the left <----

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys listen. All the info and answers to your question are on the front page!!!!if u need further info, plz PM me. I run Houston smash so i can get you connected......PM me

PS: i have been introduced to an organizaion that includes ssbb and will sponsor a "team"/venues/ trips.....ect. this is extremly promising if i was informed correctly. I will check this out in depth and will anouce some HUGE changes in the coming weeks.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Also @ Ding

The tourney at Play N Trade is not at someone's house.. it is an actually venue that likes hosting game tourney such as brawl
Sweet, I'll b there then! I'll prolly just do 1v1s . Lol wow i just realized i didnt hav my friend code posted. ..I'll get to that.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Theeeere we go! AAight, my friend code is <--- thataway! :D

...oh, lol wow...its now on all of my other posts. Heh heh.

Gea

Smash Master
Alan, get an allisbrawl page and start running all tournaments with tio so we can keep track of wins/losses over time.

Plus that site is just plain better than SWF.

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Alan, get an allisbrawl page and start running all tournaments with tio so we can keep track of wins/losses over time.

Plus that site is just plain better than SWF.
Houston having a Smash website? or did i misinterpret that?

This is Madness!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ICs still have the potential for infinite grabs if you can learn to time it right. They're not bad, just don't try to play them like Melee...

Gea

Smash Master
Houston having a Smash website? or did i misinterpret that?

This is Madness!!!
Well Houston could have their own group/private forum on AllisBrawl.com

Basically this awesome guy from socal (Nealdt) made a bracket program called tio. Most tournaments that are sizable use this program to run the brackets.

Well he took it a step further. Basically designed a site (that, besides sheer popularity is better than SWF in every way) that links up with tio to manage and record tournaments in a whole new way.

It is amazing. Houston should really migrate there. The site is never down, we could have our own forum, better interface, better chatting capabilities (each person gets their own page) and more.

At least go see the site.

Top Bottom