• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

onii-chan

Smash Ace

kown

Smash Lord
ii ahve a question about the rules. Isn't distant planet now a counter pick? or did you just choose to ignore that. im fine with either.

TyleThreeTwoFive

Smash Rookie
Sounds like Xyro made the stage listing to his benefit instead of the general public....
Pokemon Stadium 1 is random???
Port Town is counter????

Just something to ponder on.....

FooXero

Smash Cadet
but do you pledge your allegience to the sexy skin tight suit that makes you go "oh, lewdy, lewdy" if not then your not is...sorry:laugh:
Question. Am I betraying Zamus if I also main sexy Snake? Normal Zamus + sexy Snake just seem to go together.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sounds like Xyro made the stage listing to his benefit instead of the general public....
Port Town is counter????

No duh. ;)

I guess the SBR felt the lenient ruleset was meant to give TOs more power to make up their own rules within certain limits as long as they were justified.

Honestly, if you haven't played on all the stages that the SBR recommends, then you'll get screwed if you decide to go to any tourneys outside Houston, especially if you don't know how a certain stage works.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Norfair is great for characters with teather recoveries and bad recoveries.

Also, it is ICs worst stage, and bad for snake.

The lava you can just shield. SHIELD. Or dodge. Or roll. Or grab the ledge.

The cars on Port Town will break your shield, and dodging doesn't help.
fine. a CP it will be

Oh, didn't know that. Guess Norfair ain't so bad.

Port Town, I've always agreed to it being counterpick. It gives advantage to the players who can effectively dodge the cars.... and i'm thinking snake would do bad there.
Fine. a CP it will be

you are right as always tether upbs likes zamus are the best on that stage...and from exprenice with that stage mks have a hard time on it too...lol no tornados for him...i will defiently use this stage

port town...you can just jump over the cars no problem
fine. a CP it will be

I LOVE TAKING LAVA SHOWERS!!!!!!!

Butt in all seriousness, I think that Norfair should be CP. But whatever. I have my Corneria.
fine. a CP it will be

Port Town is counter????

incorrect.

Corneria is allowed now.......lucas can kill ANYBODY at the far left of the stage with s back throw at 30%

I moved lylat to CP cause 90% of tourney players ban it anyways.

Pirte ship is back for sethlon.

Im bringing back nofair cause people want it.

Im sorry tyle but pkmn 1 is perfectly fine. I personaly dont like the ledges but ill get over it. Ad if you read the SBR thread, you would find they ALLOW this stage(port town) to be counter pickable. They ALSO said i could edit the rules slightly. which i did.

No duh. ;)

I guess the SBR felt the lenient ruleset was meant to give TOs more power to make up their own rules within certain limits as long as they were justified.

Honestly, if you haven't played on all the stages that the SBR recommends, then you'll get screwed if you decide to go to any tourneys outside Houston, especially if you don't know how a certain stage works.
And the excuse of, "if u dont play on XYZ stages you will be inexperienced when you go to OOC/OOS tournies" is just plain BS. Its your own fault you dont play them when u do friendlies or practic at home or online. There is no johns for your lack is common sense.

I played on and can handle EVERY stage in melee and brawl. I may not like some stages but i deal with it and play on it anyway. I thought playing on every stage wether its a friendlie or online or practicing was common sense.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I personally love Pokemon Stadium 1 being neutral. It's my 2nd favorite stage :D That's why I was so thankful that my opponent in the first round counterpicked it against me with the thought that I would hate it lol.

Port Town as a counterpick, eh... I don't really like the stage but oh well, that's the point of counterpicks, to pick a stage your opponent will do bad on :p

I hope they don't finnish it, it's cool and all but, having invisable people around is just asking for people to steal :/

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I have to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in the choice of levels. They are your tournaments, of course, but hopefully through some of my explanation you will reconsider some of them. There are only a few that I really think would add a lot to the CP process. The whole "houston will be bad OOC/houston has good players" really doesn't apply here at all because I simply believe these will enhance the game overall and make it more competitive.

Port Town: GOOD CHOICE! :p I was one of the few people fighting for this to be a CP :)

Pictochat: Another amazing choice. This level ****ing rules.

Pipes: I was against this one at first, but after hearing some of the SBR members speak about it and playing it, it really is one of the few levels that MK is bad on. There is nothing broken about the level, and you cannot get CG'd to death unless you play D3 with a CGable character and play on D3's right side past the blocks. If you are CGd across the blocks, it breaks the CG because you both fall through.

Norfair: Hylian already covered this one pretty well. It's a great CP against Snake, D3, etc, and it is a great level for people like Ganon, Samus, etc. It is one of the few levels that gives a good advantage to lower tiered characters. I understand not wanting to get hit by the lava, but the hazards are easily avoidable and do not kill for a very long time.

Onett: I love this stage. The walls are short enough to get horizontal KOs, the cars don't kill anymore, and the wall infinites are interrupted by the cars. There is nothing broken about this stage, just a car that is announced far before its arrival that can be used by players as a damage builder. This stage doesn't give anyone any ridiculous advantage, and it's a fun stage. This one is iffy, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if you left it off.

PS2: This stage doesn't give any character advantages over a neutral stage, but it does allow players familiar with the stage to use it to their advantage. It can make the game "interesting" at some points, but not broken by any means.

Otherwise, good rules ;) I'm definitely going to try my hardest to be at the next HOBO. A bunch of **** came up and my rides abandoned me to the last 2 HOBOs, but I will be there soon

Xyro77

i wanted ONETTtoo but i was sorta thinking people would say no.

RIGHT NOW!!!!

EVERYBODY VOTE!!!!

pkmn2=CP or B

Onett=CP or B

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
PS2 should be counter. It really isn't a bad stage. It has weird stuff but nothing that will KO people. Protip: Never use Marth's SideB on the conveyor belt. The results are disasterous. I learned what happens the hard way...

Onett should probably be banned, but I really don't know.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
PS2: Counterpick. I don't really see anything broken with that stage, parts are annoying, but the same could be said for other stages. And there's the fact that people I talk to from other states say that they have it unbanned, so I think it would be good for us to get used to playing there. (I don't have a problem with that stage but other's might not be used to it).

Onett: Banned. Though I'll admit, I'm biased against stages with small death boundaries.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wanna vote >_>

PKMN 2 - CP
Onett - CP

I played a bunch of matches with Sethlon on stadium 2. That stage is really fun >_>.

kown

Smash Lord
Kown...when we gonna play some matches
anytime this week or today. haha i need to play as much as possible b4 skool starts!
( in 1 week)
maybe today at 3ish. or just pm an exact date.

PK2- CP
Onett- CP

XRYO: man your pretty popular in the smash world. Iwas just tlaking to some ppl (from west and east coast) and they mentioned the name Xyro and i was like "I KNOW HIM" haha

CY

Smash Ace
PS2 should be counter. It really isn't a bad stage. It has weird stuff but nothing that will KO people. Protip: Never use Marth's SideB on the conveyor belt. The results are disasterous. I learned what happens the hard way...

Onett should probably be banned, but I really don't know.

nevermind, on that note change PK2 to CP. someone i know without DB = LOLWTFISGOINGONerrorinthegameABORT!

Xyro77

It is a walk off, but the blocks screw up dededes CG. Plus, u can survive metas UP+B due to the slants and blocks. Not to mention, meta can die REALLY easy from off the top of the stage. Thats why i want it CP.

Dont use walk off as a john. castle/delfino/port town both have walk offs too.

Gnes

Smash Master
anytime this week or today. haha i need to play as much as possible b4 skool starts!
( in 1 week)
maybe today at 3ish. or just pm an exact date.

PK2- CP
Onett- CP

XRYO: man your pretty popular in the smash world. Iwas just tlaking to some ppl (from west and east coast) and they mentioned the name Xyro and i was like "I KNOW HIM" haha
cool...lets play at 2pm today...im really bored lol...
Yoshis=cp

Esca

Smash Champion
BRENTJBERWICK: pipes banned my vote
BRENTJBERWICK: onett cp
BRENTJBERWICK: pkmn2 cp
Xyro77: post it
BRENTJBERWICK: okay

Top Bottom